Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Multiplayer Strategy and Build section!

+26
Nightvayne
Cyberfrog
MovieMachine
dorktainian
hukbum
WeAreHarbinger
CmdrShep80
HYR 2.1
Eryri
Rankincountry
Raistlin Majere
Home run MF
richie21
FFZero
Fur28
shadowsenshi
DoomsdayDevice
DSharrah
Davik Kang
Andromidius
ElSuperGecko
Rifneno
Steelcan
BlueLogic
RavenEyry
AxStapleton
30 posters

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Multiplayer Strategy and Build section! - Page 2 Empty Re: Multiplayer Strategy and Build section!

Post by Fur28 Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:30 am

N7 Fury, Biotic Explosions (Dark Channel and Throw) and close combat done by the Annihilation Field. Also is the same model of Kasumi Love

Fur28
Commando

Back to top Go down

Multiplayer Strategy and Build section! - Page 2 Empty Re: Multiplayer Strategy and Build section!

Post by FFZero Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:45 pm

Right now I’m having great fun with the Asari Valkyrie using this build She’s the only character I play where I’m actually seeking Banshees out instead of running away. Best boss killer in the game without a doubt and surprisingly durable.

I remember a few days ago setting up a public gold game and starting before anyone else joined the lobby. Normally you can count on a few joining you within the first 3 waves but that didn’t happen and she lasted up until wave 9 before she got hugged by a Banshee. She was only a level 13 then and wasn’t really kitted out for a solo run so I was pleasantly surprised how long she lasted and how few consumables I needed to use. I think I used 3 gels and all because of those fecking Ravagers.

I’m working on getting her ready to take on a solo platinum run, I don’t want to have to rely on the tried and tested geth trooper. Just trying to decide right now what weapon/s to use since close range doesn’t really work out too well on Plat runs so her weapon of choice the Reegar is out :(
FFZero
FFZero
Thorian Creeper

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:05 pm

DSharrah wrote:Yeah...I don't love the adept sniping for everything...but w/Cerberus it really works well - and its not just the Phantoms, but the Guardians as well...and for my slow hand eye coordination it is really easy way for me to get head shots...otherwise I just luck into them. But I agree as well - when playing a "power" class usually go for fast recharge and combos.

Yeah sorry, I missed the word 'stasis' in your first post, so I didn't realize you were talking about stasis-snipe.

I was just amazed the other day how many players in MP games are running around with N7 Fury Adepts wielding sniper rifles. Stasis-snipe is one thing, but playing a Fury with a sniper, that's just doing it wrong, as far as I'm concerned. Laughing
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:15 pm

FFZero wrote:Right now I’m having great fun with the Asari Valkyrie using this build She’s the only character I play where I’m actually seeking Banshees out instead of running away. Best boss killer in the game without a doubt and surprisingly durable.

I remember a few days ago setting up a public gold game and starting before anyone else joined the lobby. Normally you can count on a few joining you within the first 3 waves but that didn’t happen and she lasted up until wave 9 before she got hugged by a Banshee. She was only a level 13 then and wasn’t really kitted out for a solo run so I was pleasantly surprised how long she lasted and how few consumables I needed to use. I think I used 3 gels and all because of those fecking Ravagers.

I’m working on getting her ready to take on a solo platinum run, I don’t want to have to rely on the tried and tested geth trooper. Just trying to decide right now what weapon/s to use since close range doesn’t really work out too well on Plat runs so her weapon of choice the Reegar is out :(

I'm using a slightly different build that uses the Talon. (I've only got a Talon IV though, so I'm using ultralight materials). Mine focuses on Power Damage (2 times the bonus) and recharge speed for combos.

You're right though, she's a great boss killer. She's like a more tanky Fury Adept.

I saw a solo platinum video the other day where someone used the N7 Shadow Infiltrator, works really well.

But I haven't even done a solo gold yet, so I'm not quite at that level. I would be if I played it on PC. I'm on 360 but I'm much better with mouse and keyboard.

Last edited by DoomsdayDevice on Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:28 pm; edited 4 times in total
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:25 pm

http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#Soldier/GethTrooper/AOLPR/ReegarCarbine10AO5AL5//ShotgunRailAmp3//StrongholdPackage5/

Geth Trooper Invunerable Class. Insane shields with 40% damage reduction and a recharge rate of under 2 seconds. Add Cyclonic Modulators to taste - a Cyclonic IV weighs in at an effective shields of just under 4,700. They can't touch you.

Then, for close range murder, the Reegar and Flamer combine nicely. BURN!!! BURN ALL THE THINGS!!!
ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:36 pm

Nice! Geth Trooper is one of the kits I haven't unlocked yet.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by FFZero Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:27 pm

ElSuperGecko wrote:http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#Soldier/GethTrooper/AOLPR/ReegarCarbine10AO5AL5//ShotgunRailAmp3//StrongholdPackage5/

Geth Trooper Invunerable Class. Insane shields with 40% damage reduction and a recharge rate of under 2 seconds. Add Cyclonic Modulators to taste - a Cyclonic IV weighs in at an effective shields of just under 4,700. They can't touch you.

Then, for close range murder, the Reegar and Flamer combine nicely. BURN!!! BURN ALL THE THINGS!!!

Yes the geth trooper is awesome. Dominates on any difficulty. Very good for solo platinum runs. I got to wave 8 with him and had hardly used any consumables but then a Banshee insta-spawned right in front of me and gave me a hug.
FFZero
FFZero
Thorian Creeper

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:34 pm

I shall add some more of my personal favourites later on. That's a handy little tool!
ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueLogic Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:21 pm

FFZero wrote:...build...

Awesome tool. Must investigate...all...possibilities Shocked

EDIT: I just realized that gear is persistent, and not some glorified consumable. I feel like I just discovered a pile of Christmas presents I forgot to open! santa

Also stupid.
BlueLogic
BlueLogic
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:00 pm

BEAST MODE ENGAGED.

http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#Soldier/NDestroyer/KANLR/ParticleRifle1BF5AD5/ReegarCarbine10AO5AL5/AssaultRifleRailAmp3//WarfighterPackage5/

Awesome survivability, difficult to stagger when Devastator Mode is engaged, High-damage multifrages to drop if you're in a tight sport, and PPR means you never have to worry about ammo. This build with PPR plus incendary ammo kills mooks almost immediately, and bosses in mere seconds. BURN ALL THE THINGS.
ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:14 pm

Asari Valkyrie build. "The Melter".

http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#Sentinel/AsariValkyrie/PPQFF/ReegarCarbine10AO5AL5//ShotgunRailAmp3/PowerAmplifierModule3/ShieldBooster5/

Tech Armour and Annhilation Field always active. Massive damage on anything that dares get close to you. Warp to detonate things that get caught by the field, or to prime enemies for teammates. Reegar to cut through enemies like butter.

Looks a little lightweight at first, but has 50% damage reduction due to Tech Armour, and shields will replenish themselves through Annhilation Field.

I like it when the bad guys die at my mere presence...

Last edited by ElSuperGecko on Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total
ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by richie21 Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:15 pm

i played a little at March release but my internet is too glitchy for gaming.
richie21
richie21
Pyjak

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:09 am

ElSuperGecko wrote:BEAST MODE ENGAGED.

http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#Soldier/NDestroyer/KANLR/ParticleRifle1BF5AD5/ReegarCarbine10AO5AL5/AssaultRifleRailAmp3//WarfighterPackage5/

Awesome survivability, difficult to stagger when Devastator Mode is engaged, High-damage multifrages to drop if you're in a tight sport, and PPR means you never have to worry about ammo. This build with PPR plus incendary ammo kills mooks almost immediately, and bosses in mere seconds. BURN ALL THE THINGS.

Good build, but I would definitely swap magazine size for rate of fire and go for weapon accuracy instead of shield recharge delay. Those are the two things that turn the destroyer into such a beast. I do also go for max shields on 6th evolution though, he needs it.

I also go with nade count on evo 6, the rest is identical.

Except that I play him with either the Harrier or the Typhoon.

The Harrier's low ammo actually synergizes well with the grenades, constantly running from ammo box to ammo box, as I use a lot of grenades both for debuff and bosses. The Harrier is sick if you have Rate of Fire and Accuracy in Destroyer mode.

Shameless use of Grenade Capacity V. Grin

EDIT: Man, what am I thinking. You're using the Particle Rifle. I'm guessing Rate of Fire doesn't affect it? Or does it? And it's super accurate, so yeah. Disregard, lol.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:41 am

DoomsdayDevice wrote:
Good build, but I would definitely swap magazine size for rate of fire and go for weapon accuracy instead of shield recharge delay. Those are the two things that turn the destroyer into such a beast. I do also go for max shields on 6th evolution though, he needs it.

Nope, not when specced for the Particle Rifle. Weapon accuracy is completely unnecessary for the PPR as it hits where you point. And clip size is much more important for the PPR as it allows you to overcharge the beam for longer, allowing you to melt moar targets before recharging. Conversely, rate of fire simply burns up the ammo faster and shortens your overcharged beam duration.

Except that I play him with either the Harrier or the Typhoon....

In this case however, you'd be spot on. ;)

Last edited by ElSuperGecko on Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total
ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:16 am

Quarian Duck-Hunting Build:

http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#Engineer/Quarian/MARNR/Mantis10AA1AA1//SniperRifleRailAmp3//SniperRifleAmp5/

Use the Sentry Turret to cover your flank or rear, get yourself a nice vantage point, cryo blast, headshot, reload, repeat.

Absolutely caned it on silver yesterday with this one. Not an optimal sniper build by any means, but it's possible to rack up some pretty high scores with it.

Just looking at the tool makes me wonder how difficult it might be for a new player to get into the game now, with so many different classes, weapons and gear options to unlock. I've played MP pretty solidly since launch, so I have the vast majoirty of weapons and classes unlocked now (although STILL no Harrier), but for someone starting right now it could be overwhelming!
ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:24 pm

ElSuperGecko wrote:Nope, not when specced for the Particle Rifle. Weapon accuracy is completely unnecessary for the PPR as it hits where you point. And clip size is much more important for the PPR as it allows you to overcharge the beam for longer, allowing you to melt moar targets before recharging. Conversely, rate of fire simply burns up the ammo faster and shortens your overcharged beam duration.

lol, yeah, I already came to that realization - see my edit.

ElSuperGecko wrote:Quarian Duck-Hunting Build

Nice! I was looking for a good build for this kit, since I never play the Quarian Engineer. Never even thought of giving her a sniper rifle.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by AxStapleton Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:41 pm

Just unlocked the Turian Ghost Infiltrator, what do you think I should spend the points on?
AxStapleton
AxStapleton
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:54 pm

Here's my Turian Ghost Infiltrator build

Entirely spec'd for weapons damage and assault rifle damage, so we can take full advantage of the awesomeness that is the Harrier. Stimpacks spec'd for damage too. Use them before shooting bosses.

The Harrier's low ammo count actually synergizes nicely with having to run to ammo boxes to refill your stimpacks (which can be refilled with grenades).

Neural shock on Overload is for dealing with possessed abominations. Neural shock will cause them to slump to the ground, so they don't go nuclear in your face when you finish them off.

This build is pretty flimsy, but it doesn't really matter because he's an infiltrator, and the stimpacks (although spec'd for damage) can be used as an instant lifesaver as well.

Cloak, overload, shoot.

Bosses: cloak, overload, stimpack, shoot.

Don't save stimpacks, use them. You'll be wrecking. Just keep running from ammo box to ammo box.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by AxStapleton Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:04 pm

Thanks. Works great.
AxStapleton
AxStapleton
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueLogic Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:23 pm

DoomsdayDevice wrote:Here's my Turian Ghost Infiltrator build

Entirely spec'd for weapons damage and assault rifle damage, so we can take full advantage of the awesomeness that is the Harrier. Stimpacks spec'd for damage too. Use them before shooting bosses.

The Harrier's low ammo count actually synergizes nicely with having to run to ammo boxes to refill your stimpacks (which can be refilled with grenades).

Neural shock on Overload is for dealing with possessed abominations. Neural shock will cause them to slump to the ground, so they don't go nuclear in your face when you finish them off.

This build is pretty flimsy, but it doesn't really matter because he's an infiltrator, and the stimpacks (although spec'd for damage) can be used as an instant lifesaver as well.

Cloak, overload, shoot.

Bosses: cloak, overload, stimpack, shoot.

Don't save stimpacks, use them. You'll be wrecking. Just keep running from ammo box to ammo box.

Never knew how to use this guy. I'll give this a try as well. Thanks.
BlueLogic
BlueLogic
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by Home run MF Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:43 pm

About the Ghost the PPR ,if you have it, works even better with him.
Home run MF
Home run MF
Gas Bag

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:54 pm

I love rocket launcher equipped combat drones. That is all.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:03 pm

Home run MF wrote:About the Ghost the PPR ,if you have it, works even better with him.

PPR?

Prothean Particle Rifle?

Last edited by DoomsdayDevice on Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueLogic Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:17 pm

I recently discovered how terribly entertaining the throw skill can be using my N7 Fury. Thanks to the build tool I discovered a Human Sentinel can generate 1710 N of force with a throw thanks to tech armor. I can't wait to try it out.
BlueLogic
BlueLogic
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:19 pm

BlueLogic wrote:I recently discovered how terribly entertaining the throw skill can be using my N7 Fury. Thanks to the build tool I discovered a Human Sentinel can generate 1710 N of force with a throw thanks to tech armor. I can't wait to try it out.

Lash is pretty awesome for similar reasons. Not much damage, but great for detonating combos and INCREDIBLE force. Send unshielded enemies flying around and off the map.

It's also AMAZING for trolling friends with - see your friend hunting down an enemy? Yank it away from them at the last second and kill it yourself.

Played in a game on Ghost the other night, against Collectors. Extraction wave, 5 seconds to go... and someone Lashes a possessed abomination into the extraction zone. Boom - team wipe, mission failed. I was livid and laughing my ass off at the same time.
ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next