Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's Your Favorite SP Class and Why?

+15
Home run MF
Starscream
Restrider
BlueLogic
symbowles
Lombus
demersel
Raistlin Majere
dorktainian
ElSuperGecko
hukbum
invetro
DSharrah
DoomsdayDevice
GethJuggernautMKII
19 posters

Go down

What's Your Favorite SP Class and Why? Empty What's Your Favorite SP Class and Why?

Post by GethJuggernautMKII Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:33 am

I'm interested to know what your favorite classes are and why. I'm quite fond of the infiltrator class, but I'll get into why later on.
GethJuggernautMKII
GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Back to top Go down

What's Your Favorite SP Class and Why? Empty Re: What's Your Favorite SP Class and Why?

Post by DoomsdayDevice Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:37 am

I have always played the vanguard. Why? Diversity. You're good with guns as well as biotics and you can fight ranged as well as close range.

Sometimes I just go for biotic combos, sometimes I go all charge nova melee happy and sometimes I'll just be shooting them, moving from cover to cover. Whatever I feel like doing.

I recently made my first non-vanguard Shepard, an adept this time. I really like biotics.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

What's Your Favorite SP Class and Why? Empty Re: What's Your Favorite SP Class and Why?

Post by DSharrah Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:22 am

Vanguard...charge is too much fun - though I did like infiltrators in ME 2 (felt like they got nerfed in ME 3). I always felt that Shep needed to be some sort of biotic...and I do like the combat combo. Besides a biotic is the perfect match for the best LI.
DSharrah
DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by invetro Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:03 am

I've always played as a soldier until I tried multiplayer. I love being a vanguard. I also have one engineer.
invetro
invetro
Thorian Creeper

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChhncq2NBuQMAEJxxOcSBqA

Back to top Go down

Post by hukbum Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:17 am

Infiltrator. Loved that class from game one.
ME1: Got both, Electronics and Decryption (I hate locked crates 'n stuff)
ME2: Cloak. Fell in love with that one from the first time I used it. Same goes for the Widow Very Happy
ME3: Got a bit bored with the class there, but it changed when I got the Punisher and tried my first Marksman Infiltrator Grin

I played every class I think, but the Infiltrator is still my favorite.
hukbum
hukbum
Abomination

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:41 am

I've got two character saves imported from ME1 - an infiltrator and an adept.

The infiltrator was my favourite originally, but the adept has replaced it in ME3. I love me some biotic detonations.
ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:54 am

Engineer is my fave - completed many times through mass effect 1 - 3 on my PC.

On my PS3 I have to say Vanguard is my fave.
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:56 am

Vanguard. I loved it in ME1, being that unstoppable juggernaut who could take as much he dealt was fun...but it was ME2 which defined the Vanguard with its signature move and I fell in love with it from the first trailer.
Raistlin Majere
Raistlin Majere
N7

Back to top Go down

Post by GethJuggernautMKII Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:51 pm

The reasons why the infiltrator is my favorite class are many. Its perhaps the most tactical class in the game and the closest thing to an assassin one can play. I can flank enemies unseen and catch them off guard. I can drastically reduce an enemy squad's numbers before they even get within range to fight back. And best of all, the shear amount of damage an infiltrator can do with just about any weapon is insane.

A close second for me would definitely be the vanguard. They are nigh invincible juggernauts on the battlefield. Many of the harder battles in ME2 and ME3 are completely trivialized by the vanguards ability to charge. What I like doing, particularly in ME2, is having my squadmates engage the enemy at about mid range, while I charge their rearmost rank then turn around and gun the remaining enemies down from their front and rear.
GethJuggernautMKII
GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by demersel Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:04 pm

My Sheaprd is infiltrator from game one. Always was, and always will be.
demersel
demersel
Battlemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lombus Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:12 pm

1-Inflitrator:I love being sneaky Bandit
2-Soldier:Easiest class for me to play Tongue
3-Vanguard:Really badass powers Cool
Lombus
Lombus
Adjutant

Back to top Go down

Post by symbowles Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:46 pm

Vanguard ftw. Nova/Charge/Shotgun combos? Child, please.
symbowles
symbowles
Geth Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueLogic Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:51 pm

I've always favored the soldier. The gun play always out shined the powers in ME1, at least in my mind. ME2 changed all that and added some really amazing and unique elements to each class. ME3 went way over the top. I love experimenting with all the classes in MP, but I've still stuck close to the soldier in SP. I did manage to get an infiltrator through ME1, and it eventually became my favorite playthrough. My next complete series play will be female adept just to totally mix things up. May even try to go Renegon, if I can manage. Yeah, I'm such a pansy.
BlueLogic
BlueLogic
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:01 pm

My main (Destroy) is Vanguard. Totally. Charge is essential for my noobness on Insanity.

My racistShep (Control), if I get to redoing him, will either be Soldier or Infiltrator.

And with femShep (Synthesis), Adept or Sentinel.

(I'll do a more Destroy centered femShep too maybe, with Destroy)

Engineer doesn't interest me...

Back to top Go down

Post by Restrider Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:50 pm

I have a top 3 being Sentinel, Adept and Vanguard (I love me some biotics).

While in ME1 the classes are not that different, the changes in ME2/3 are significant.

Vanguard: Is always fun to play, but can easily degenerate into a brainless Charge-Nova (repeat...), which is boring and for noobs (imho).

Adept: The success depends more on your squad (for instance some guy with overload against synthetics) than with other classes and the crowd control adds a more tactical and cautious approach to it than what you have with the Vanguard.

Sentinel: Tech-Armour is nice and a good mix of biotic and tech abilities comes in handy. Choosing pure biotics for your squad (Liara/Javik) and triggering their abilities (Singularity/Dark Channel) with Throw/Reave is a BE fest. Choosing tech squads can have the same effect to Tech-Explosions... :>

To conclude:

1) Sentinel
2) Adept (close)
3) Vanguard
Restrider
Restrider
Blood Pack Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Starscream Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:31 pm

DSharrah wrote:Besides a biotic is the perfect match for the best LI.

You mean Jack? Very Happy
Starscream
Starscream
Mercenary

Back to top Go down

Post by Home run MF Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:37 pm

Vanguard I find it's the most fun, high risk high reward and all that.
If you find the nova thing too boring just pick barrier as a bonus power (it gives you like three or four seconds of almost invulnerability after charge) and equip a claymore.
You're unstoppable and almost immortal. Wrex

Not to start the class wars or anything but infiltrators in ME3 are OP
Home run MF
Home run MF
Gas Bag

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Of Kesak11 Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:46 pm

My favorite is a soldier. Dont know why though.
Ghost Of Kesak11
Ghost Of Kesak11
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAreHarbinger Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:08 pm

Recently i've grown very fond of the Sentinels. It was because of MP really, usually it was Adept in SP but i started playing Gold with my Turian Sentinel, after that i tried it on SP and found myself drawn to the Tech/Biotic combo.

Nothing more satisfying than overloading then hitting with a warp.
WeAreHarbinger
WeAreHarbinger
Blood Pack Boom-Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by TurianRebel212 Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:09 am

Zombie Thread. I must resurrect.

Mine is the Vanguard.

Why? Like someone and many others have said, the versatility, biotics but the shear power and beast that is the Vanguard in CQC.

In ME1 the VG is a biotic ragdoll powerhous, but also, with Barrier and shock trooper evolved a true tank. Rolling with heavy pistol, barrier and warp is utterly hillarious in ME1 then you add throw. Then add some lift just for shits and gigs and you truly have a hillorously fun chaotic class.

In ME2 the class truly evolved into what is always meant to be. A monster in CQC, shotgun wielding killing machine. ME2 VG is still my favorite (I think NOVA and the amount of high DPS weapons in ME3 OP'd most classes, but especially VG), ME2 VG is a true risk vs. reward class, especially on insanity. Insanity on ME2 is brutal on any class, but for a VG-especially a claymore VG, it is especially taxing. But the goods.... You can roll the predominant Slam Guard, or you can go reave guard parred with a mattock, or even barrier guard with viper. But ME2 VG is how it's meant to be played. Amazing. I've always like this vid for inspiration....

Now in ME3 the diffiuctly was easy mode. Insanity for ME3 is a joke. Especially for a VG armed with a piranha, wraith, claymore, reegar carbine, or really anything, lol. Then came NOVA.... Yeah, this is just easy mode times 10, NOVA is so hilariously fun but also takes all the fun out of the game. Then parred with the increase of biotic explosion and then incendiary explosions, ME3 VG is pretty much a cake walk.

But I love it, I luv VG.

Side note- Although, I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for the Black Widow Infiltrators...... Head shots for dayzzzzzzzzzz.
TurianRebel212
TurianRebel212
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by noobcannon Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:50 am

my fav is infiltrator. popping off headshots with the widow is so rewarding
noobcannon
noobcannon
Geth Rocket Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down