Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's wrong with synthesis. Logical break down.

+6
leafs43
Hanako Ikezawa
dorktainian
HYR 2.1
GethJuggernautMKII
Master Blaster
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What's wrong with synthesis. Logical break down. - Page 2 Empty Re: What's wrong with synthesis. Logical break down.

Post by Eryri Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:48 pm

ElSuperGecko wrote:

Don't worry, I'll solve the problem for you.

Racial distinctions still exist. Krogan are still stronger than Salarians, for example. And what's left up at the very top of the food chain post-Synthesis?

Oh yeah, the Reapers. They're the apex species, with nothing left to oppose them.

Phew, thanks for that! I was worried there for a minute. Thankfully synthesis is still as horrible as ever it was, and I've not suddenly entered Bizarro world after all.
Eryri
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

What's wrong with synthesis. Logical break down. - Page 2 Empty Re: What's wrong with synthesis. Logical break down.

Post by DoomsdayDevice Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:14 am

Davik Kang wrote:I may well be wrong, of course, and may well have made a terrible decision, but that's the way I saw it.

Roses are red
Violets are blue
You did good, son
I'm proud of you
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Davik Kang Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:25 am

DoomsdayDevice wrote:
Davik Kang wrote:I may well be wrong, of course, and may well have made a terrible decision, but that's the way I saw it.

Roses are red
Violets are blue
You did good, son
I'm proud of you

Thank you sir. Crying [Must... maintain... stiff upper lip...]

But wait... what if you're an illusion? The you never said these things... and... and... you're just a soldier, judging the world down the barrel of a gun...

AAARGH!!!
Davik Kang
Davik Kang
Mercenary

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:44 am

Like Spot said, if Bioware never reveals IT, we will all end up in some padded room, muttering stuff about indoctrination Laughing
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by HYR 2.1 Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:00 am

dork wrote:
HYR 2.1 wrote:

... let's not go invoking slippery-slope fallacies and tilting at windmills while we're at it.

Funny I thought that was what you were doing.

"Iknowyouare/butwhatamI??" stopped being clever after 2nd grade.

And yet, genetic-engineering continues.

against many geneticists warnings regarding possible consequences.

There is a difference between natural selection and genetic manipulation.

That's called risk-management. There are possible consequences at hand, but there are also possible benefits, and the latter outweighs the former in this case. Especially on the topic of food. Organic crop doesn't yield nearly enough food for everyone on the planet. "Genemod" mass-farming makes up for that. World starvation has more to do with economic factors than a lack of food supply. Theoretically, we do have enough food to feed everyone, whereas we otherwise would not be able to. "Short wheat" (bio engineered) has saved millions of lives in India.

Also, while genetic engineering isn't perfect, it improves with time and further research. Better to figure those things out now rather than later when we may be in desperate need of it, because we lack sufficient food supply. And there are a couple more reasons (geographic limitations, health benefits, shelf life, cost) but I don't see much point in writing an essay on this topic. I think I've made my point -- ya just can't always get hung up on the consequences.

A boat at the harbor is safe, but that's not what it's there for.

Natural selection means we make our own decisions and are responsible for our own actions.
Genetic Manipulation or synthesis will kill trillions of people just by genetic mutation alone. This is not theory. This is maths backed up by scientific facts.

That's ridiculous. Gene-mod mutations haven't killed trillions. Laughing

Sure, maybe over tens of milennia it will have done that. But, seriously? :|

That's not "math." It's not theory either. That's windmill-tilting at it's finest... LOL!

Still if you think altering every living creatures dna against their will and commiting galactic violation against us is a good thing then fair play.

I would change the execution if it were possible. Restricting the effects to a voluntary group and not dying would be ideal. Can't have everything, though, as I'm sure many non-IT Destroyers and Refusers would agree.

Me. I see a reaper kill someone. I pick up a gun and kill the reaper. no hesitation, no doubt. My path is clear and so is my conscience.

And up until the Crucible required manual activation, I was in the same boat. A little bit of pertinent information can be a big difference-maker, however.

I will (...) not sit at home knitting yogurts like you lot.

Really?

Frankly, I think you could use a little! Twisted Evil
HYR 2.1
HYR 2.1
Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:09 am

HYR 2.1 wrote:A little bit of pertinent information can be a big difference-maker, however.

...I'll say!

What's wrong with synthesis. Logical break down. - Page 2 SuccumbingToTheReaperOverlord02

What's wrong with synthesis. Logical break down. - Page 2 ControlSynthesis

Laughing

DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by HYR 2.1 Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:26 am

DoomsdayDevice wrote:
HYR 2.1 wrote:A little bit of pertinent information can be a big difference-maker, however.

...I'll say!

*snip*

Laughing

Where's Destroy/Refuse?

Choosing the other two options is not mutually-exclusive with changing your opinion on the Reapers.

I know of at least 1 Destroyer, and 1 Refuser, that do not see them as "bad guys" post-catalyst.

Oh, and your implication about "indoctrination eyes" is wrong.

Dr. Kenson in Arrival...

What's wrong with synthesis. Logical break down. - Page 2 Mass-Effect-2-Arrival-Kenson-Indoctrinated

(sorry for the size, only pic I know of)
HYR 2.1
HYR 2.1
Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:30 am

HYR 2.1 wrote:

Oh, and your implication about "indoctrination eyes" is wrong.

Dr. Kenson in Arrival...

-snip-

(sorry for the size, only pic I know of)

The glowing eyes are usually shown when a Reaper is directly controlling them.

DonĀ“t worry about the size, the forum auto-resizes. Wink
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2