Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

+34
dorktainian
CSSteele
Master Blaster
Terramine
smash016
Ithurael
HYR 2.1
Norlond
Rifneno
DoomsdayDevice
TurianRebel212
Eryri
ericformans_sisterisdead
Maximus
ZerebusPrime
vlad78
southbeatz
Dwailing
clennon8
Jusseb
Steelcan
Raistlin Majere
MaximizedAction
demersel
WeAreHarbinger
jojon2se
ElSuperGecko
Criddle
invetro
ViolentSound
noobcannon
DaniSaur
symbowles
Valsamon
38 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 35 Empty Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by Valsamon Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:29 pm

Re-watching the endings again, and Refuse makes even less sense now.

If literal, Shepard decides to stay standing on top of the Citadel, watching the Reapers annihilate everything around him.

If the sequence is in Shepard's head, he/she is deciding to stay in a coma on the hillside (or in the wreckage of the rover), while everyone else fights and dies.

Refuse isn't about principle, or a contest of equals - it's about cowardice.
Your final act becomes one of capitulation and surrender.

If it wasn't, there would have been a breath scene for Refuse too
Valsamon
Valsamon
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 35 Empty Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by Rifneno Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:44 am

Terramine wrote:What is so crazy about what I have said? All I said was that Refuse is there for bigger reasons than you guys claim.

First of all, I wasn't talking about that. I was talking about "you guys are gonna react however you're gonna react." It just sounded like one of those things stoned people say that they think are really deep and philosophical.

Second of all, I didn't even read that refuse rant. If you'd like my response to that, here it is:

Third of all, why are you capitalizing refuse? Failure at basic English skills is not one of your many failings. What's going on here, have you started worshipping refuse like a deity? Are you capitalizing "Refuse" for the same reason religious people capitalize "He" when talking about God?

Master Blaster wrote:
ZerebusPrime wrote:Terramine, the font you are using is causing me real physical pain.  Stop it.
I have to agree.

And that's saying a lot coming from MB. My eyes are still healing from his blue chat font.

But I digress, we're talking about IP's shitty font. What else is there to say though? Perhaps "if Van Gogh saw one of Terramine's posts, he'd be missing an eye too." ... I suppose we'd have a better explanation for his suicide too. Hmm.

Valsamon wrote:Re-watching the endings again, and Refuse makes even less sense now.

If literal, Shepard decides to stay standing on top of the Citadel, watching the Reapers annihilate everything around him.

If the sequence is in Shepard's head, he/she is deciding to stay in a coma on the hillside (or in the wreckage of the rover), while everyone else fights and dies.

QFT. At least the indoctrinated people have an excuse for being traitors. There's no excuse for refusers. You know, Dante describes Hell as having nine circles, each with progressively worse punishment. Traitors are considered the worst and as such as designated to the nineth circle. Many are being savagely attacked by Satan himself, who is also trapped there for being a traitor. Hope it sounds comfy, refuser Shepards. You're gonna be spending a lot of time there.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:53 pm

Valsamon wrote:Re-watching the endings again, and Refuse makes even less sense now.

I love how every time I put you morons in your place, your immediate next response is to just simply "re-interpret" it ignoring everything I have said so far and taking Refuse out of context again. Every time i put it IN context, you guys take it out without explanation.

I'm going to repeat, even Restrider saw it. He blatantly asserted that you guys are in fact being irrational and disingenuous out the ass.

And I love how every time I mention him, you guys just literally ignore that too. There's a lot of ignoring going on here. So Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider

INGORE THAT
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:58 pm

ZerebusPrime wrote:Terramine, the font you are using is causing me real physical pain.  Stop it.
No. I already explained this, I style it like that because it's visually appealing to me. It captures the sci-fi feel I'm aiming for. it's functionally Anathema, but I'm willing to sacrifice functionality for aesthetics here, so just shut up about it already and ignore my posts if you don't want to deal with it.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:09 pm

Rifneno wrote:First of all, I wasn't talking about that.  I was talking about "you guys are gonna react however you're gonna react."  It just sounded like one of those things stoned people say that they think are really deep and philosophical.
That's just because you take it to mean more than it does. It's not fucking deep or shit, "So be it" is what you say to inevitability.

Rifneno wrote:
Second of all, I didn't even read that refuse rant.  If you'd like my response to that, here it is:

*snip*Video*snip*
Very funny, but in the end I'm not saying the same shit over and over. So I don't know what you're talking about. I'm NOT still talking about the same thing. Only on a superficial level could you think that.

Rifneno wrote:
Third of all, why are you capitalizing refuse?  Failure at basic English skills is not one of your many failings.  What's going on here, have you started worshipping refuse like a deity?  Are you capitalizing "Refuse" for the same reason religious people capitalize "He" when talking about God?
You guys did that way before me. I came along and adapted it. Now the reason I personally do it is because Destroy, Control, and Refuse are action verbs. It's a bit odd for something to be named "Destroy" or "Control" in the first place. But those are what we use to refer to the endings. We essentially call them by what they represent. It's not a special use in a religious sense, but yes, language sometimes involves special cases.

Rifneno wrote:
But I digress, we're talking about IP's shitty font.  What else is there to say though?  Perhaps "if Van Gogh saw one of Terramine's posts, he'd be missing an eye too."  ...  I suppose we'd have a better explanation for his suicide too.  Hmm.
You mean I single-handed destroyed one of the greatest masters in history by merely styling my words? Holy shit I'm amazing.

Rifneno wrote:
QFT.  At least the indoctrinated people have an excuse for being traitors.  There's no excuse for refusers.  You know, Dante describes Hell as having nine circles, each with progressively worse punishment.  Traitors are considered the worst and as such as designated to the nineth circle.  Many are being savagely attacked by Satan himself, who is also trapped there for being a traitor.  Hope it sounds comfy, refuser Shepards.  You're gonna be spending a lot of time there.
Keep taking shit out of context, cause that's always the most intellectually honest, you know?
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:23 pm

https://www.reddit.com/r/masseffect/comments/1ddkmv/spoilers_a_crazy_theory_about_the_protheans/

Just gonna drop this here because I think it gives perspective. A lot of the foundation of your guys' take on destroy, depends upon the context of the current cycle. You even literally think in a selfish sense that it's about OUR cycle. When there are countless themes throughout the trilogy that go against this. That sometimes, things are above us, and our personal feelings do no matter a damn.

Beating the Reapers isn't about Shepard being Shepard. You can be yourself all you want, the opposition is still leagues beyond you and your group. The protheans sacrificed themselves, merely to delay the reapers. Are you saying they could have accomplished more than that? Because I really doubt it.

I will assert that you are all choosing destroy for the wrong reasons. Just like people can be Atheist for the wrong reasons.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:27 pm

Terramine wrote:
No. I already explained this, I style it like that because it's visually appealing to me. It captures the sci-fi feel I'm aiming for. it's functionally Anathema, but I'm willing to sacrifice functionality for aesthetics here, so just shut up about it already and ignore my posts if you don't want to deal with it.

Yeah, well, I've often disliked Rifneno, enough to make him the only user here I Ignore (I do read his posts, but more optionally, when I'm more willing to read insults toward people), but I've finally decided to switch that to Unignoring him and Ignoring you.

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:25 am

Terramine wrote:

The Hell did I do to warrant a response like this?  Look, I'm not trying to be funny anymore.  I have vision problems and that glowy font was literally causing me pain.  If you explained something in that font, I missed it.  That said, I don't want to ignore anyone.  It's childish.  And that said, if your aesthetics are more important to you than being polite, then I suppose I'll have no choice but to ignore you because I want to be able to read this forum.

In short: please don't bring back the glowy font.  That's my only request here and it's an honest one.  I'm not trying to argue anything else or join in on the dogpile.
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:58 am

i thought that the crucible was all in shepards mind, so how is the choice to destroy the reapers the wrong choice?

refuse? if mass effect were an analogy of slavery then i could possibly understand refuse being an option in a literal sense, but this is all happening in sheps mind isn't it?
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by Valsamon Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:19 pm

Terramine wrote:
I love how every time I put you morons in your place, your immediate next response is to just simply "re-interpret" it ignoring everything I have said so far and taking Refuse out of context again. Every time i put it IN context, you guys take it out without explanation.

I'm going to repeat, even Restrider saw it. He blatantly asserted that you guys are in fact being irrational and disingenuous out the ass.

And I love how every time I mention him, you guys just literally ignore that too. There's a lot of ignoring going on here. So Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider  Restrider

INGORE THAT

I reference the direct in-game events and repercussions of choosing Refuse, you choose not to address it.
Just to underline that - I ADDED context to the Refuse decision, and you accuse me of 'removing' it.
Seeing as you seem to like excessive verbosity (Intellectual Dishonest! We've got someone being intellectually dishonest here!), please go look up Cognitive Dissonance.

As for the rest of this.... post? Forgive my ignorance, but what's a Restrider?
I mean aside from the apparent excuse for a juvenile temper tantrum.

Valsamon
Valsamon
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Post by Valsamon Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:27 pm

Terramine wrote:Just like people can be Atheist for the wrong reasons.

This just might be the stupidest sentence I have read on any forum discussing this game in almost 4 years.
Which would include people who argued for Literal Synthesis as the best possible ending.
Valsamon
Valsamon
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:58 am

SwobyJ wrote:Yeah, well, I've often disliked Rifneno, enough to make him the only user here I Ignore (I do read his posts, but more optionally, when I'm more willing to read insults toward people), but I've finally decided to switch that to Unignoring him and Ignoring you.
Cool story bro. Actually the reason you hate him is because you actually ARE really stupid half the time and he just puts you in your place. I actually agree with him on a shit ton of shit and that includes his assessment of most the people on this site. I would even go so far as to admit that he's not outright wrong in his assessment of me. Me and him are a lot alike though, and I am basically like an undeveloped version of someone like him. So of COURSE he catches me on all my immaturity. He has the advantage of being one of my predecessors.

The only takeaway from all of this is that he is in his prime. Whereas I am lightyears away from mine.

Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:01 am

ZerebusPrime wrote:The Hell did I do to warrant a response like this?  Look, I'm not trying to be funny anymore.  I have vision problems and that glowy font was literally causing me pain.  If you explained something in that font, I missed it.  That said, I don't want to ignore anyone.  It's childish.  And that said, if your aesthetics are more important to you than being polite, then I suppose I'll have no choice but to ignore you because I want to be able to read this forum.

In short: please don't bring back the glowy font.  That's my only request here and it's an honest one.  I'm not trying to argue anything else or join in on the dogpile.
Eh, it's not you, you had the right idea with the dogpile thing. When everyone comes at me I give them all the same attitude which I suppose is because I'm not intellectually and confidence-wise, capable of handling each individual person coming at me like that.

I will respect your request, I won't use it on this forum.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:35 am

dorktainian wrote:i thought that the crucible was all in shepards mind, so how is the choice to destroy the reapers the wrong choice?

refuse?  if mass effect were an analogy of slavery then i could possibly understand refuse being an option in a literal sense, but this is all happening in sheps mind isn't it?
I'm not sure what you mean. If we want to talk in-context of what is happening during the ending. Then in this particular instance it's about slavery of the mind. Refuse being the mental stalemate.

All of the endings are straightforward:

Synthesis is technically "Peace". But what is peace anyways? It's mutual submission. Of course there is nothing wrong with peace itself. The concept of it. It's a nice ideal, but as we all know it doesn't work so simply in practice. The thing is that if you DON'T have mutual submission, then what you have isn't really PEACE. It's slavery, actually. If one side submits, but the other side doesn't. It basically looks like what we know the Reapers have done in the past. Essentially entire civilizations will attempt to submit, but the Reapers will just keep harvesting unyieldingly. So in this sense "peace" just means to literally LET the Reapers win.

Control is... well it's Control. But the thing is that Controlling the reapers is missing the point entirely. The Reapers are ABOVE us, that much is certain. So talking about controlling them is talking about something we know for an absolute fact we are not in the position to do. Control is something that only works when you have the advantageous position. Control when you're not in the advantageous position is merely corruption by a higher force who really. controls you, not the other way around. In fact, any true Master knows this gambit well and uses it in war on a regular basis to supersede other controlling forces.

Destroy is the right way out because we are at a position to strike the Reapers down in the first place. Not because of anything to do with Shepard per sey, but because a string of unrelated and unknown victories against the Reapers through the cycles have built up to this pinnacle moment. From here, yes, Refuse is basically stepping down from that. But IN CONTEXT. Shepard is all confused, bloody, mindless. From here, choosing Refuse is still better than choosing Synthesis and Control because both those choices don't lead to the fall of the Reapers at all. But Refuse DOES lead to the fall of the Reapers in the next cycle because we pull the same sort of move the Protheans did. In their sacrifice, they delayed the Reapers. In our sacrifice, since we're in a better position than the Protheans themselves we will actually succeed in preparing the next cycle.

Now the thing about a stalemate, is it reveals to us what cards we had in contrast to the opponent's. Like in a game of chess if you stalemate then neither wins, but both can analyze how the game fell into place and see not only were they equally matched, but how and why. Why is it that when we REFUSE we still win? When the Reapers are as far as we know beyond us? Because we've got bigger cards we're carrying than any previous cycle could've expected to have had. Essentially, our cycle is more privileged than any cycle before, thanks to the collective efforts of all cycles before.

Yes refuse is a forfeiture. But I wouldn't portray it as equal to Synthesis. Synthesis is the Reaper's idea of a stalemate, Refuse is a stalemate by our terms. To treat them like they're equal is bullshit. One is literally just there as a "give up" option. The other is to give context.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:46 am

Valsamon wrote:I reference the direct in-game events and repercussions of choosing Refuse, you choose not to address it.
Just to underline that - I ADDED context to the Refuse decision, and you accuse me of 'removing' it.
Seeing as you seem to like excessive verbosity (Intellectual Dishonest! We've got someone being intellectually dishonest here!), please go look up Cognitive Dissonance.

As for the rest of this.... post?  Forgive my ignorance, but what's a Restrider?
I mean aside from the apparent excuse for a juvenile temper tantrum.

The repercussions include the literal destruction of the Reapers. What you expressed as the repercussions sounded like Synthesis to me. To compare Synthesis to Refuse is asinine when Synthesis is LITERALLY "give up" as in "submit" as in "Let's be peaceful on our end, while the Reapers aren't peaceful on their end" and Refuse reveals that as long as we don't outright submit. The Reapers still die. Revealing that the whole reason Destroy even works here, is because of the advantage our cycle has over previous ones.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:50 am

Valsamon wrote:This just might be the stupidest sentence I have read on any forum discussing this game in almost 4 years. Which would include people who argued for Literal Synthesis as the best possible ending.
No, it's not. The point to Atheism is that it's the logical default. It's the position one SHOULD take. But how you get to where you SHOULD be, kinda matters. If you become an Atheist because you jump on the bandwagon, rather than because you have self-determined it to be true through skepticism. Then you're no better than Theists who lack skepticism. In fact, I would say there's no real difference between you and them, at all.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Valsamon Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:58 pm

Terramine wrote:
The repercussions include the literal destruction of the Reapers ... and Refuse reveals that as long as we don't outright submit. The Reapers still die.

Wait... what?

Please show me where that is even alluded to. All that is confirmed in the Refuse ending is that following Shepard's decision, an entire cycle dies. Every advanced organic species.
All that is left is Liara's warning message, which given the timing required was either left when she believed the Prothean Device could save us (bad), or after the end when she is in all likelihood indoctrinated (worse).
Believing that Liara's 'hope' is tantamount to evidence of the Reaper's eventual demise, is an act of faith.
Which is interesting, because you seem to be against that kind of thing.

Terramine wrote:
No, it's not.

Congratulations! I was gong to argue that you couldn't decide for me what my observations are, but you kept writing and out did yourself.
Arguing that among like-minded individuals, some are automatically better than others because of their journey to get there is pseudo-intellectual wank of the highest fucking order.
You must be really fun to talk to at parties.

Also, still waiting on an answer on the whole Restrider thing.
Because lacking CONTEXT, that seemed a little whiny.

Valsamon
Valsamon
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Post by ericformans_sisterisdead Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:14 pm

So some dude played the first hour of the new mass effect and when they asked him how was it he said it was fun he got to shoot things in the face. I hate you bioware. And sidenote holy shit terramines/ironicpartwateverthefuck i hate myself for even lurking reading your posts. Id rather read selim complain about the way rif virtually sneezed and how it was offensive to minorities or sumtin then the shit you write
ericformans_sisterisdead
ericformans_sisterisdead
Geth Rocket Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAreHarbinger Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:24 am

The way that Mass Effect went from ME 2 with it's more action orientated view made me think this is pretty much what ME is going to be now. I speculate it's going to be a Inquisition/Call of Duty fuck fest, because that's what's popular. Then again with the way staff keep departing from Bioware who knows what product we'll end up with.
WeAreHarbinger
WeAreHarbinger
Blood Pack Boom-Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:41 am

once again people are talking from a literal viewpoint.

the reapers? i'm sure that choosing anything but destroy fails to see shepard take his breath. it's all going on in his mind.

dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:52 pm

Valsamon wrote:Please show me where that is even alluded to.
The fact that it's the only ending with Post-Decision-Chamber in game footage. Every other ending cuts to pure pre-rendered footage that basically quickly sums up the results of our choice. Even though it's argued that the decision chamber isn't real, it's still a live event. Even if it is hosted inside Shep's mind. In essence, the decision chamber is "happening" the same way a dream "happens". When you're in the dream, it's essentially just a simulated reality and if you become Lucid you can explore it as if it were actually reality. As soon as you wake up though, it ceases to be real. Whereas the pre-rendered footage never happens period under any context. It's not a dream, where in context it is something "happening". Rather it's a representation of Shep's thought process in making the decision.

So the bunker scene is interesting because it must be a live event also. But the weird thing is, the decision chamber being a live event only makes sense for the sake of Shepard being present. In essence it's a "simulation" the Reapers created so Shepard could make a decision in a vacuum in the first place. An actual decision, that is actually taking place LIVE, even if it is inside Shep's mind. Otherwise there would be no reason to not just make that part of manipulating Shepard into just accepting whatever line of thought they want. In essence because they need Shepard to choose out of free will, in order to gain a valuable pawn rather than a gibbering moron who is only good for suicidal terrorism or less.

Whereas the bunker scene, doesn't involve Shepard's presence at all. So this scene is a Live Event for no reason at all. If it were inside Shepard's mind, as a live event, Shepard would be present.

Valsamon wrote:All that is confirmed in the Refuse ending is that following Shepard's decision, an entire cycle dies. Every advanced organic species.
You do realize you're completely ignoring the Stargazer scene, right?

Valsamon wrote:All that is left is Liara's warning message, which given the timing required was either left when she believed the Prothean Device could save us (bad), or after the end when she is in all likelihood indoctrinated (worse).
Liara believing the Prothean Device could save us has nothing to do with whether or not her warning messages could succeed. No weight on it at all. She obviously got the idea from Vigil, except Vigil wasn't the Prothean's actual attempt at a warning. He was a VI on a remote facility that nobody could have expected another cycle to find, little alone with Vigil even still working. That was pure dumb luck to be frank.It's actually a huge reason Vigil isn't at all suspect for being a trap because not Saren nor the Reapers could have planned such a thing. Now we're talking about planting warning messages all over the galaxy during a cycle with way more preparation, a cycle that knows about how the Prothean cyphers largely failed, etc. Liara is a very old, very intelligent being with vast knowledge and experience. Experience with the Reapers even. There's no reason to count her contributions out as being able to thwart the Reapers even a little, especially since she is the subordinate of the person who takes Reapers on face to face all the time and comes out not only alive, but with the Reaper being ASSRAPED every time. Not to mention that Vigil, a VI that talks to you, is much more efficient for informing less developed species in understanding the messages you want to convey but fail to do so by transferring memories like the Protheans attempted.

There is no reason to think Liara is indoctrinated. The whole "embrace eternity" is a part of Asari culture and I don't believe it has anything to do with the Reapers. The Asari live till they are about 1000 years old. So in a way they reflect a healthy expression of immortality.  Just as everything else about the Reapers has a healthy counterpart somewhere in the trilogy to show us why the Reapers are wrong. The Reapers say they are basically eternal, infinite. From here, they claim the authority to oppress others. But we don't see this with the Asari. Instead the Asari use their advantageous lifespan to be peaceful, nurturing, loving, protecting, etc.

Refuse wasn't likely created FOR the EC as it's one of the 2 endings of the original script so it makes sense, from a development standpoint. That they originally created Refuse alongside Synthesis. But then Destroy and Control were created and they changed the endings entirely. This would also make sense because it kinda explains what REALLY happened Mass Effect altogether.

Valsamon wrote:Arguing that among like-minded individuals, some are automatically better than others because of their journey to get there is pseudo-intellectual wank of the highest fucking order. You must be really fun to talk to at parties.
It's funny because if I take a Pro-Refuse stance, that's exactly how you all treat me. Despite the fact that it's 1 little detail different from being "like minded" even still. Because everything else up to that point could be the same, but I'm apparently a complete moron for even CONSIDERING outside the box. Which brings me to...

Valsamon wrote:Also, still waiting on an answer on the whole Restrider thing.
He was a well respected member of this community. One of the best around. He was here before I even showed up, so I say this because that's literally how EVERYONE treated him. Rif, Byne, Banshee, everyone. His ideas were smart, and everyone acknowledged his opinions as agreeable and intelligent the vast majority of the time. But then he bluntly spoke out in my defense, asserting that he was actually shocked at how people were responding to a discourse on Refuse. He acknowledged that not only was it biased, but that everyone seemed to be resorting to irrational modes of thought as they would purposely ignore and skip over any alternate interpretation.

A more specific example being how everyone kept trying to say Refuse was merely a forfeighture. He himself tried pointing out how that is not at all what is happening, thematically speaking.

Last edited by Terramine on Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:34 pm; edited 3 times in total
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:22 pm

ericformans_sisterisdead wrote:So some dude played the first hour of the new mass effect and when they asked him how was it he said it was fun he got to shoot things in the face. I hate you bioware. And sidenote holy shit terramines/ironicpartwateverthefuck i hate myself for even lurking reading your posts. Id rather read selim complain about the way rif virtually sneezed and how it was offensive to minorities  or sumtin then the shit you write
Lmao, your grammar and spelling alone puts YOU in the same group as Selim, Dorktanian, SwobyJ, and MB.

dorktainian wrote:once again people are talking from a literal viewpoint.

the reapers?  i'm sure that choosing anything but destroy fails to see shepard take his breath.  it's all going on in his mind.
You see what I mean? Dorktanian is an absolute moron. Spelling and grammar, absolute garbage. Ideas? Either absolute garbage or copied from smarter people.

Edit: Forgot to address his point. Dork, I'm not talking from a literal viewpoint of the endings as a whole. I'm referring specifically to the fact that the bunker scene in Refuse has no reason to be a Live Event rather than a mere representation. Cross reference this to the fact that Liara planted these VI warnings all over the galaxy, well informed of the Prothean's failure to keep most beacons hidden from the Reapers in the first place, in a cycle that was the most prepared for the Reapers out of any other cycle before. There's no reason to think the Reapers would find Liara's messages. But the next cycle almost inevitably WOULD. So we have every reason to think that the next cycle finds Liara's warnings and they prepare for the Reapers well ahead of time.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Valsamon Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:35 am

• All ending scenes have in game engine footage. Shepard is absent from several, not just Liara's VI cave. If you're a literalist just say so

• You can't use a scene that's identical in all endings to confirm events in one.

• "Good news future organics! I bring advice on how to beat the Reapers! My credentials?
    I stood behind Commander Shepard while he watched one get eaten by a Thresher Maw. Please pay no attention to the millenia old superweapon plans I have included. They will have no bearing AT ALL on how useful this message is to you in your fight against the Reapers. Please do not evolve along the paths they desire! Now, let me talk to you about Mass Relays.."

• Moaning about people disagreeing with you on an internet forum does not make your position r.e. 'correct' atheism any less wank

• This guy Restrider sounds nice, I wonder if you could act more like him....
    #looks down to next post#
    oh. Nevermind then

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 35 66337410(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 35 Ouch10
Valsamon
Valsamon
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:24 am

Valsamon wrote:All ending scenes have in game engine footage. Shepard is absent from several, not just Liara's VI cave. If you're a literalist just say so
If you're refering to the squadmates on the normady? Yah, that part probably actually happened. They think Shepard is dead.

Valsamon wrote:You can't use a scene that's identical in all endings to confirm events in one.
See above.

\"Valsamon wrote:"Good news future organics! I bring advice on how to beat the Reapers! My credentials? I stood behind Commander Shepard while he watched one get eaten by a Thresher Maw. Please pay no attention to the millenia old superweapon plans I have included. They will have no bearing AT ALL on how useful this message is to you in your fight against the Reapers. Please do not evolve along the paths they desire! Now, let me talk to you about Mass Relays.."
Strawman Fallacy. I don't believe the crucible is a trap anymore. The Reapers are merely doing their "subverting" shizz. Destroying the crucible isn't all they want, they are playing for a bigger power move by striking down the crucible along with gaining an indoctrinated Shepard. I believe destroy actually works and is the only legitimate function everything else being an illusion. Que canon Destroy in Andromeda, it's the only thing that makes sense.

\"Valsamon wrote:Moaning about people disagreeing with you on an internet forum does not make your position r.e. 'correct' atheism any less wank
Lmao, are you serious? Posing a logical point is not "moaning". Also "wanker" isn't really insulting, everyone on the fucking planet wanks dipshit.

Valsamon wrote:This guy Restrider sounds nice, I wonder if you could act more like him....
#looks down to next post#
oh. Nevermind then
Strawman Fallacy. Also thanks for proving my point that you guys ignore him and what he says even though he is allegedly such a beloved member. He said it nicely and you guys still didn't listen, so it aint got anything to do with "wankness".

Valsamon wrote:*snip*image of harbinger firing at shep*snip*
Yet another straw man.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:12 am

Terramine wrote:
ericformans_sisterisdead wrote:So some dude played the first hour of the new mass effect and when they asked him how was it he said it was fun he got to shoot things in the face. I hate you bioware. And sidenote holy shit terramines/ironicpartwateverthefuck i hate myself for even lurking reading your posts. Id rather read selim complain about the way rif virtually sneezed and how it was offensive to minorities  or sumtin then the shit you write
Lmao, your grammar and spelling alone puts YOU in the same group as Selim, Dorktanian, SwobyJ, and MB.

dorktainian wrote:once again people are talking from a literal viewpoint.

the reapers?  i'm sure that choosing anything but destroy fails to see shepard take his breath.  it's all going on in his mind.
You see what I mean? Dorktanian is an absolute moron. Spelling and grammar, absolute garbage. Ideas? Either absolute garbage or copied from smarter people.

Edit: Forgot to address his point. Dork, I'm not talking from a literal viewpoint of the endings as a whole. I'm referring specifically to the fact that the bunker scene in Refuse has no reason to be a Live Event rather than a mere representation. Cross reference this to the fact that Liara planted these VI warnings all over the galaxy, well informed of the Prothean's failure to keep most beacons hidden from the Reapers in the first place, in a cycle that was the most prepared for the Reapers out of any other cycle before. There's no reason to think the Reapers would find Liara's messages. But the next cycle almost inevitably WOULD. So we have every reason to think that the next cycle finds Liara's warnings and they prepare for the Reapers well ahead of time.

ah an insult. gotta love em.

Nice work. Maybe you should try to make friends with moving traffic while wearing a fucking blindfold you utter knobhead no-mark.

As far as Ideas... Liara's messages being found? Inevitable? Really?

dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next