Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Inheritances: Consquence - Action Thread

+3
Hanako Ikezawa
MaximizedAction
Arian Dynas
7 posters

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Inheritances: Consquence - Action Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Inheritances: Consquence - Action Thread

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:46 pm

I am taken back from his way of greeting me, not at all like how I've witnessed most nobles adress those of lesser rank or circumstance than themselves. I find it a welcome change and smile when I respond.

"It is a pleasure to formally make your aquaintance as well, Prince Aaron."

Last edited by Selim Bradley on Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Inheritances: Consquence - Action Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Inheritances: Consquence - Action Thread

Post by Arian Dynas Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:46 am

The cart slowly trundles along, as indefatigable as the march of time.

In a twinkling of mere time, perhaps speeded by the desire for a warm stall, a nice blanket and a bag of oats, the keep materializes; coming into view through the sheets of rain. It reminds you of nothing so much as bent and crooked man; one of the far towers as bent as an arthritic back. The face of the keep, with it's dark viewports and high, buttressed, Gothic walls brings to mind a face, glowering down on a village, half composed of wattle and daub houses that, at one time may have been well-kept, but no longer.

That, it seems, is the norm here; urban decay.

"We're here your highness!" shouts the teamster, dismounting with a leap, unbuckling his horses and leading them off by the reins, hopes of warmth and a good meal filling their equine minds; hopes that shall, tonight, likely go as unfulfilled as the teamster's own. Stalking out to greet you comes a great man; tall as one of the crumbling statues standing beside the gate, he is clad in a suit of fine CHAINMAIL, blackened with lacquer, a red vest worn over it, its collar trimmed with white fur. Strapped across his back sits a ROUND SHIELD, lacquered with some device you could not clearly see. Thrust into his belt on one hip sits a fine HAND AXE with a broad-bladed LONGSWORD scabbarded on the other. His face seems to be that of a fierce man; his hair a bright red, cut short, with a braided and split beard beneath that. A long, cruel looking scar neatly bisects the skin around one eye, as he fixes you all with an expectant look.
--------------------------------------
Alright mentlegen; feel free to get to know Erik Fork-Beard, Erik, feel free to copy down the armament you have had outlined in orange for you down on your character sheet. Once you all have accomplished that, feel free to figure out how you're all going to get the sarcophagus inside, though, if anyone cares to look carefully in the carts, send me a PM.

After you have the stiff inside, you can either explore the castle as you like, or have the funeral now; you all must unanimously decide to have the funeral for the funeral to start; figure that out in the conversation thread.

Locations you can explore in the Upper Keep include; The Treasury, the King's Chambers, The Royal Family's Private Suite, and The Steward's Chambers, The Armory, The Guestrooms, The Trophy Room, and The County Hall. Locations you can visit in the Lower Keep include; The Great Hall, The Servant's Quarters, The Kitchens, The Catacombs, The Basement, The Wine Cellar, The Dungeon, and The Guard's Barracks.

The doors to the Treasury, the Dungeon, the Catacombs, the Wine Cellar, the King's Chambers, the Armory, the Royal Family's Private Suite, and the Steward's Chambers are all locked. Erik Fork-Beard, being the castle's Steward has the keys to all of them. The King's Chambers have been locked since his death.

Last edited by Arian Dynas on Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:53 am; edited 2 times in total
Arian Dynas
Arian Dynas
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:05 am

I go to report to Sir Erik Fork-Beard.

"Sir Erik Fork-Beard, Agent Llan Faan reporting in with a very valuable cargo. I have brought both the coffin and body of his former Majesty, King Alonso. I have also located and brought his heir, Prince Aaron Santoyi."

I gesture to the man asleep in the middle wagon of the caravan when I announce who he is. I then gesture to the two men from the third wagon who have gotten out to stretch their legs.

"Hey, you two. Do you two mind aiding me bring his Majesty, King Alonso, inside?"
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolioThane Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:23 am

After noticing the scary looking man at the gate I think it best to introduce myself. His name's Erik I hear from the small, masked person.

"Hello Erik." I say with a very over-dramatic bow "My name is Rodrigo Orlandi, friend of Prince Aaron, blessed bard, wondrous wanderer, luscious lovemaker. Pleased to meet you."

'Masky' calls asking for help with the coffin.

"I can try, oh masked one. The name's Rodrigo"
CoolioThane
CoolioThane
Space Cow

http://www.achievementhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:58 am

I am taken back by how nonchelant his attitude towards the situation is, then respond by saying:

"Thanks, but Sir Eric is being stubborn and will not allow us to bring his Majesty to the Catacombs until the funeral begins."

I then take notice to what he called himself to the steward.

"You said your name was Rodrigo Orlandi, correct? The young lord Prince Aaron spoke of you a little on our way here."

While asking him this, I notice the man who had not said a word the entire trip walking around the keep mischeviously. I shout:

"Hey, you there. What are you up to?

Last edited by Selim Bradley on Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:16 am; edited 2 times in total
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolioThane Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:08 am

"So I can step away from the corpse for a bit? Excellent! Indeed, Rodrigo Orlandi and I'm sure you heard my many titles! Yes, the Royal Prince Aaron Santoyi who I met in a tavern in Sarvo. You can imagine my surprise when, as we set off west to see the Shiir and this whole thing started"

I stare at his mask for a second and ask:

"I've seen designs like that before. May I ask where you got your mask? It's very lovely"
CoolioThane
CoolioThane
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Fur28 Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:13 am

I walk toward the large man, ignoring the masked person´s question, saying;

"Later, kid."

Then I stop to take a quick look at the large man, analyzing him. Then I proceed, walking casually to the kitchen.

I exit the wagon and cross the courtyard; which has fallen into a state of shameful disrepair; grass growing up in some places, other places churned into a mire of mud, what little landscaping there is; completely overgrown, the outbuildings; slowly falling apart, I come into the main hall; which, at one point would have been lovely; the parquet floor is now covered in scratches and deep cuts, most, likely from spurs. One stain in the corner that looks suspiciously like blood. A grand staircase of beautifully carved mahogany leads upstairs.

Knowing the way to the kitchen by heart, I exit through a pair of double doors on the left side, and take a sharp turn left, going down a long hallway lined with alcoves and intersections, and find myself in a mid-sized room, a long counter dominating the center of it, covered in pots and pans; some hung from a rack connected to the ceiling, others having fallen off; a large oven sits in the corner, next to a long firepit.

Two doors are at the end of the room, I tried the first without luck, finding it locked, then I take the other and find myself in the larder. There's still a small collection of cheeses, still wrapped in wax, alongside a ham hanging from the ceiling, along with a large sack of flour.

I take down the ham from the ceiling, and head back upstairs; upon looking around I find a knife in the butcher´s block, which I use to cut a wedge of cheese, and exit the larder. With a piece of cheese in one hand and the ham under the free arm, I go back to the Foyer.

Fur28
Commando

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:23 am

With Mister Orlandi's attitute and behavior still unusual to me, I am in a fluster when he compliments my mask.

"Oh...er well...thank you, Mister Orlandi. I received it from the former king when I entered his service, though it is appears quite similar to elven design."

I then respond to his previous comment:

"I am sorry that your quest to the Far West was delayed, but as you can see Arul is in need of a good ruler as of late. Without King Alonso, the peo..."

I statement fades away as I remember the previous king, and look down toward the ground saddened. The rain pours down my soaked hood and mask, being used to do my crying for me.

Last edited by Selim Bradley on Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:46 am; edited 4 times in total
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolioThane Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:33 am

"It's my pleasure...forgive me, but I've yet to learn your name. Ahh, yes, it does remind me of the elves. Did Aaron tell you we visited them a while ago? Fantastic race; mysterious but fascinating."

He looks saddened when he mentions the old King. I reach out my hand and touch his shoulder.

"He was a good man, I bet. You have my word Aaron is as good a man and will be the King these people deserve. I mean, besides, he has me to help him." I say with a wink and release his shoulder.
CoolioThane
CoolioThane
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:07 am

Very appreciative of Mister Orlandi's words, I look back and respond to his sentiments:

"He was a very good man. And you are right, Prince Aaron seems like a good man as well. I could tell he has many of his Father's traits when he spoke of his adventures across this land with you these past few years.I should get back to guarding the king and prince. You should head inside, though, and out of this rain. Your wagon-mate seems to have found his way into the keep. I will come get you when it is time to bring in his Majesty's body."

I then run back towards the caravan when I suddenly remember his question, yelling it as I run:

"I almost forgot. My name is Llan Faan."

Last edited by Selim Bradley on Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolioThane Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:21 am

"Yes, it has been a pleasure Llan" I say over the rain.

He seems a good person. Someone I can rely on to keep Aaron safe when I'm not able. I must make sure he comes to no harm, himself. Llan, Aaron and myself.

Despite Llan's words I followed him back to Aaron to wait with him. I felt it near the time to bring the coffin inside, and didn't want anyone to waste any effort in fetching me.
CoolioThane
CoolioThane
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by estebanus Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:37 pm

Selim Bradley wrote:I go to report to Sir Erik Fork-Beard.

"Sir Erik Fork-Beard, Agent Llan Faan reporting in with a very valuable cargo. I have brought both the coffin and body of his former Majesty, King Alonso. I have also located and brought his heir, Prince Aaron Santoyi."

I gesture to the man asleep in the middle wagon of the caravan when I announce who he is. I then gesture to the two men from the third wagon who have gotten out to stretch their legs.

"Hey, you two. Do you two mind aiding me bring his Majesty, King Alonso, inside?"
I smile as I hear your name, recognition flashing in my eyes. I start to smile curtly.

"Greetings, Llan Faan. It has been a long time."
estebanus
estebanus
Cannibal

Back to top Go down

Post by estebanus Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:54 pm

I clap my hands loudly together to get the attention of the prince's apparent followers.

"Good evening, fellow mourners. I find myself in conflict. from one standpoint, I'm happy that you all managed to gather today to mourn the passing of a beloved friend, leader, or father. On the other side, I also find myself saddened as to why we've gathered here. Afer all, the death of someone so close to us is nothing to be really happy about. Regardless, I'm happy that you all could come. Now, without further ado, how about getting inside? I doubt the king would be happy for us to die from a cold on the day of his burial. Once inside, you can ask me all the questions you like. I'm at your disposal.

"Unfortunately, it seems that stale bread with some cheese and water is all I can offer you at ths time. The king didn't have much left during his later years. I hope that you can forgive me for this... problem."
estebanus
estebanus
Cannibal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:55 pm

With startled realization, I notice that Sir Eric has left whatever realm of though that he was in. I reply as happily as one can, given the situation.

"Indeed. It has been some time, Sir Eric. I only wish it were under better circumstances."

I glance over at the wagon carrying the coffin that contains the former king, then continue.

"But all is not lost. For as I said, I have found King Alonso's son and heir, the young lord Prince Aaron Santoyi."

I turn Sir Eric's attention to the man who will soon be the King of Arul.
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by estebanus Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:27 pm

"Ah yes, his late majesty has told me a bit about him. I'm sure that he will live up to the tales his father used to tell about him."
estebanus
estebanus
Cannibal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:32 pm

I nod in agreement to Sir Eric's predictions.

"In the time I've spent with him, I can sense that he is a lot like his Father was. King Alonso would have been proud to see the man Prince Aaron has grown up to become."

I begin to get depressed again, and lower my head in sorrow.

Last edited by Selim Bradley on Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by MaximizedAction Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:42 pm

I lower myself from the cart, cover my head with my hood and look around. I see Rodrigo standing under the cart's roof. I look at him, he seems absent.

I approach the two people standing besides the carts. One of them looks intimidatingly large.

It is Llan and a what looks to be a knight. I behave unimpressed by his appearance. However, while the large warrior seems to be standing tall, I notice Llan's head lowered. I exhale.

After giving a short glimpse over to Llan's mask, I introduce myself to the big man:

"Greetings, my name is Aaron Santoyi."
MaximizedAction
MaximizedAction
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:37 pm

I climb on top of the recently vacated cart and survey the area as thoroughly as possible.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by MaximizedAction Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:37 pm

and before I finish saying my sentence, I let the acrobat above me know with a hand gesture that everything is alright.
MaximizedAction
MaximizedAction
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:55 pm

I take one last glance around then jump to the floor and join the others.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolioThane Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:10 pm

"Shall we get the coffin inside or do you want to stand here getting soaked some more?" I say with a smile.

"Nice to see you've awoken Aaron, though sleeping in unusual places has become quite a habit, eh?"

I look at Erik. He still hasn't spoken to me since my introduction. Perhaps he doesn't like jokes.
CoolioThane
CoolioThane
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by MaximizedAction Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:26 pm

I look slightly confused of the big man's behavior of not responding to my introduction.

I walk over to Rodrigo and to the coffin.

"Come on men, we will need as much help as we can get, let us carry the king inside. This is not a place for a king to rest."

"Do you know this roofjumper behind me?"

I ask Rodrigo.

"Or maybe you want to introduce yourself to me, yourself?"

Last edited by MaximizedAction on Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
MaximizedAction
MaximizedAction
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:28 pm

"I have been sent to guard you by interested parties who wish this succession to be smooth, my lord."
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolioThane Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:35 pm

"His name is Ven, Aaron. He's lovely, really."

I bend down and grab the coffin ready to hoist with the others.
CoolioThane
CoolioThane
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by MaximizedAction Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:04 pm

"On three..."

Rodrigo, Ven, the big guy and me lift the casket.

This walk appears to take forever, as I carry my own father's body to the keep.

As we pass through the gatehouse, I swipe away the water off my face. Looking at my wet right wrist I wonder if it is really just the rain.

Last edited by MaximizedAction on Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
MaximizedAction
MaximizedAction
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next