Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Xbox One

+32
Maximus
CSSteele
Raistlin Majere
CoolioThane
Ghost Of Kesak11
BlueLogic
DSharrah
Restrider
Jusseb
umadcommander
Riot86
BleedingUranium
Humakt
Steelcan
MovieMachine
Terramine
lex0r
dorktainian
ElSuperGecko
Hrothdane
Rifneno
BansheeOwnage
Eryri
OneWithTheAssassins
MaximizedAction
Norlond
RavenEyry
ericformans_sisterisdead
Fur28
Dwailing
Hanako Ikezawa
DoomsdayDevice
36 posters

Page 7 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

The Xbox One - Page 7 Empty Re: The Xbox One

Post by lex0r Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:13 am

lex0r
lex0r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:31 am

Sony not only made the superior console, but they're piling in on the MS bashing. This is glorious.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:43 am

Can I just butt in and say how awesome of a theme this song is???

ALSO

The Xbox One - Page 7 021_1

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:38 pm

the real x box press conference

here
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:33 pm

I guess I'm in the minority...but I am excited about the xbox one...I just see things that they are doing as steps closer to TNG's holodeck and I for one think that is cool!
DSharrah
DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:04 pm

DSharrah wrote:I guess I'm in the minority...but I am excited about the xbox one...I just see things that they are doing as steps closer to TNG's holodeck and I for one think that is cool!

Like what? The cloud stuff?

Whatever the case, One's exclusives mostly don't even exploit this. Any other games are actually not exclusives, and will be just the same on PS4.

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:49 pm

SwobyJ wrote:
DSharrah wrote:I guess I'm in the minority...but I am excited about the xbox one...I just see things that they are doing as steps closer to TNG's holodeck and I for one think that is cool!

Like what? The cloud stuff?

Whatever the case, One's exclusives mostly don't even exploit this. Any other games are actually not exclusives, and will be just the same on PS4.

More so, something that I have been watching that they admittedly haven't even talked about for the xbox one, but that they have done some tech demos for...illumiroom. There is some serious augmented reality potential there if tapped and developed in the right way would lead to type of "virtual reality" that you see with TNG's holodeck...as for the intermediary augmented reality step - imagine buying a digital ticker to your favorite sporting event (or concert) and having the event locale projected around you while you sit in your living room - that's the potential of illumiroom! Definetly makes the partnership with the NFL that they announced so much more interesting! And that's just the tip of the iceberg...
DSharrah
DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:28 pm

Ok yeah, I know about illumiroom.

It's neat but not nearly a system seller for me, from everything I've seen.

But it's also what I've been talking about - Microsoft pushing some things that may dictate the direction of the industry, or at least a negotiation with the consumers.

Doesn't mean One will be a great system in itself though - that's my point. But One may improve and remove restrictions if they're smart (sigh), or other consoles may see the good parts of illumiroom and build upon it, etc. :)

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:39 pm

SwobyJ wrote:Ok yeah, I know about illumiroom.

It's neat but not nearly a system seller for me, from everything I've seen.

But it's also what I've been talking about - Microsoft pushing some things that may dictate the direction of the industry, or at least a negotiation with the consumers.

Doesn't mean One will be a great system in itself though - that's my point. But One may improve and remove restrictions if they're smart (sigh), or other consoles may see the good parts of illumiroom and build upon it, etc. :)

I guess that's where we differ...I see the potential of advanacement in both the tech that MS is offering currently and in the future as exciting enough that it does make me want to buy it. Probably related to the age difference...but I grew up during a time where Sci-Fi shows (like TNG) showed us glimpses of incredible technology, like computers that talked to you and controlling things with your voice, and full on immersive virtual realities (again TNG's holodeck as the prime example) - never thought that I would live to see those things come to fruition...but that's where we are. And MS seems to be leading the charge on making some of these things a reality! That to me is worhty of my attention and dollars. *shrugs* But I don't expect anyone "to have to agree with me"...just hope that I can explain/share my reason for excitement.
DSharrah
DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by CSSteele Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:42 am

I grew up watching those same things, DSharrah, and while I am extremely disappointed with Microsoft's direction with their policies. They're pushing things that have no reason to be pushed. Both EA and Ubisoft have said that they support used games trading and that they're good for the industry.

Digitally? Not a problem at ALL, except that they're removing the 'tied to the system' policy and turning it into a 'tied to the account'. I'm fine with digital restrictions, hell, been using them for years on my PC. It's the fact that they're pushing this garbage for -every game- disc or not. Just.. bleh. No thanks, I'll go with the system that isn't being overtly greedy.
CSSteele
CSSteele
Nemesis

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:22 am

The Xbox One - Page 7 492370
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by BleedingUranium Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:44 am

DSharrah wrote:I guess that's where we differ...I see the potential of advanacement in both the tech that MS is offering currently and in the future as exciting enough that it does make me want to buy it. Probably related to the age difference...but I grew up during a time where Sci-Fi shows (like TNG) showed us glimpses of incredible technology, like computers that talked to you and controlling things with your voice, and full on immersive virtual realities (again TNG's holodeck as the prime example) - never thought that I would live to see those things come to fruition...but that's where we are. And MS seems to be leading the charge on making some of these things a reality! That to me is worhty of my attention and dollars. *shrugs* But I don't expect anyone "to have to agree with me"...just hope that I can explain/share my reason for excitement.

I've always wanted to see things like this become reality :D
BleedingUranium
BleedingUranium
Thresher Maw

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:34 pm

RavenEyry wrote:Sony not only made the superior console, but they're piling in on the MS bashing. This is glorious.

IKR? Microsoft can go fuck themselves.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:26 pm

This put it well:

the reason you have to connect every 24h is so MS can tell you if you are still allowed to play your games or not. According to rumors about reports from retailers, there's a database that, if you sell a game, it gets scanned, and next time you connect online it deletes the license from your xbox. Or if you want to 'lend' your game to someone who has been a friend for 30 days, then your xbox has to know to delete the license. They have fully and completely embraced the "buying a disc doesn't mean you own the game, you are just using it on our terms or not at all" approach, and it's a load of horseshit.

Also hey new editing system!

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:14 pm

like i've said before they BOTH need to do well.  If they don't then ultimately we'll be the ones that lose out.

having said that.....Microsoft. roflmao.

:tigger:
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by lex0r Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:02 pm

lex0r
lex0r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:57 pm

The Xbox One - Page 7 Tumblr_mn62dyHtIw1rl2qgmo1_500

The Xbox One - Page 7 845
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:51 pm

Rifneno wrote:The Xbox One - Page 7 Tumblr_mn62dyHtIw1rl2qgmo1_500

The Xbox One - Page 7 845

Laughing

Last edited by DoomsdayDevice on Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:41 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed quote)
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by BleedingUranium Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:13 pm

Well yeah, if you sell a game, of course you don't own it anymore :/
BleedingUranium
BleedingUranium
Thresher Maw

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:37 am

The point is that you can't lend the game to anyone without Microsoft deciding that you don't own it any more and deciding that you're losing your license to the game. They're taking away people's sense of ownership. They're forcing a system in which they decide if you can play your own games. You can use it on their terms, or not at all.

So many times has it happened that my friend played a game a few times, and decided that since he wasn't playing it any more, he could just as well give it to me as a present. I've done the same for him. Now, if I decide to gift some of my old games to a friend, there's a pretty good chance he's going to have to cough up money to be able to play it. And if he decides he doesn't like it, and wants to give it back, the same thing will happen again.

Fuck that. I bought that fucking game with my own damn money. If I decide that my friend can play it instead of me, then it's my good right, because I already paid for the god damn thing.

This shit pisses me off so much, but of course people will eventually put up with this DRM bullshit, and as a result it will only get worse and worse.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:03 am

dork wrote:like i've said before they BOTH need to do well.  If they don't then ultimately we'll be the ones that lose out.

having said that.....Microsoft. roflmao.

:tigger:

I'm fine with another Dreamcast disaster if it wakes up executives.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hrothdane Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:06 am

The Xbox One doesn't need to do well. It needs to do as well as it deserves so that Microsoft realizes they fucked up and they do something to fix it.

Microsoft has tons of money from all their other stuff, so I doubt they will just drop out like SEGA did.
Hrothdane
Hrothdane
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:16 am

Hrothdane wrote:The Xbox One doesn't need to do well. It needs to do as well as it deserves so that Microsoft realizes they fucked up and they do something to fix it.

Microsoft has tons of money from all their other stuff, so I doubt they will just drop out like SEGA did.

I know. I'm only talking about it hitting the games division hard enough to do.. like you said. A 'Dreamcast disaster' is actually something Microsoft would be able to bounce back from, unlike SEGA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:45 am

Traitor? Two million fans lost in the first day. Another seven million by the end of the first week.

Traitor? Every defense annihilated. All our shills on the run... regrouping... somewhere.

Traitor? Reports are coming in from other major departments. It's a well coordinated fail, and so far it's been damned effective.

Traitor? Don't know what they are, what they want, or where they came from...

Traitor? Only one thing is certain... *zooms out*

The Xbox One - Page 7 Xboxlol_zps0f7430b7

Traitor? If Microsoft doesn't bring help soon... there won't be an Xbox division left to save.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Hrothdane Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:55 am

Rifneno wrote:*Long awesome post*

The Xbox One - Page 7 Lphp_zps681b2b84
Hrothdane
Hrothdane
Scion

Back to top Go down