Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is your favorite origin?

+13
ZerebusPrime
Master Blaster
BlackoutBasement
Hrothdane
Home run MF
umadcommander
CSSteele
DSharrah
Humakt
Norlond
marajade
RavenEyry
Byne
17 posters

Go down

Which origin is your favorite?

What is your favorite origin? Vote_lcap42%What is your favorite origin? Vote_rcap 42% 
[ 16 ]
What is your favorite origin? Vote_lcap21%What is your favorite origin? Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 8 ]
What is your favorite origin? Vote_lcap5%What is your favorite origin? Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 2 ]
What is your favorite origin? Vote_lcap13%What is your favorite origin? Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 5 ]
What is your favorite origin? Vote_lcap8%What is your favorite origin? Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 3 ]
What is your favorite origin? Vote_lcap11%What is your favorite origin? Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 38

What is your favorite origin? Empty What is your favorite origin?

Post by Byne Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:56 pm

Personally my favorite is casteless dwarf.
Byne
Byne
Threadmaster™

Back to top Go down

What is your favorite origin? Empty Re: What is your favorite origin?

Post by RavenEyry Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:04 pm

City elf female. All the origins have you as a badass but this one busts out of a rape party.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by marajade Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:46 pm

female noble woman its funny and i love nan and become queen being a probabky raped woman its not fun for me bad its a interesant story wise and show diferences between male and female plays really well done by bioware

marajade
Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Norlond Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:13 pm

Same as Raven, femCityElf was the first Origin I played and has been my favorite ever since
Norlond
Norlond
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/user/Skyzzed

Back to top Go down

Post by Humakt Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:37 am

Dwarf noble. Classical tale of political scheming and betrayal, also the first I played.

Though I have to say that all the origin stories are reasonably good for their length.
Humakt
Humakt
Nightmare

http://www.celestialheavens.com/thundermaps/

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:51 am

I like the human male noble...not sure that there was an origin that I didn't like...and you can tell how well crafted each is, in that you can see the "outcome" of all of them regardless of the origin that you choose.

Edit: 2nd Favorite is the Human Mage...and only became so after DA II and the connection of the Amell family to Hawke...given that this happened, anyone think that there is going to be a chance that the Inquisitor is going to have a similar potential familial connection?
DSharrah
DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by CSSteele Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:23 am

FemCity Elf is awesome, as is human noble. Though, I DO like them all.
CSSteele
CSSteele
Nemesis

Back to top Go down

Post by umadcommander Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:41 pm

narrowly the dwarf commoner, its not the one i used first though
umadcommander
umadcommander
Rachni Brood Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Home run MF Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:45 am

DSharrah wrote:I like the human male noble...not sure that there was an origin that I didn't like...and you can tell how well crafted each is, in that you can see the "outcome" of all of them regardless of the origin that you choose.

Edit: 2nd Favorite is the Human Mage...and only became so after DA II and the connection of the Amell family to Hawke...given that this happened, anyone think that there is going to be a chance that the Inquisitor is going to have a similar potential familial connection?
David Gaider confirmed the inquisitor won't be an Amell.

As for the OP my favorite is female human circle mage, but I think three members of the same family being "special" would be too much.
Home run MF
Home run MF
Gas Bag

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:02 am

Home run MF wrote:
DSharrah wrote:I like the human male noble...not sure that there was an origin that I didn't like...and you can tell how well crafted each is, in that you can see the "outcome" of all of them regardless of the origin that you choose.

As for the OP my favorite is female human circle mage, but I think three members of the same family being "special" would be too much.

Did he oh well...I am not sure that having three (or more for that matter) members of a family being "special" is too out of whack...think about some of the universe's in literature/film/etc...there are tons of examples of families with multiple extremely influential individuals. In fact if you like at the Star Wars EU there are several examples of this being true (the Skywalkers and Qel Dromas are ones that I can think of off the top of my head). Harry Potter and Voldermort both could trace their lineage back to the Peverell Line. If you want a real world example, look at the influence that the Kennedy's have had. I will concede that it is not a rule that "greatness runs in a family", but it's not so rare that it couldn't have happened. And whether or not it would be too much depends on how they would have tied it into the lore...crazy example/theory - what if the reason Flemeth saved both the Warden and Hawke was because they somehow connected to her lineage? And she just didn't happen to be in the right place at the right time - but had been "watching over them"? But that is just a very crazy theory.
DSharrah
DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Hrothdane Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:20 am

DSharrah wrote:
Home run MF wrote:

Did he oh well...I am not sure that having three (or more for that matter) members of a family being "special" is too out of whack...think about some of the universe's in literature/film/etc...there are tons of examples of families with multiple extremely influential individuals.  In fact if you like at the Star Wars EU there are several examples of this being true (the Skywalkers and Qel Dromas are ones that I can think of off the top of my head).  Harry Potter and Voldermort both could trace their lineage back to the Peverell Line.  If you want a real world example, look at the influence that the Kennedy's have had.  I will concede that it is not a rule that "greatness runs in a family", but it's not so rare that it couldn't have happened.  And whether or not it would be too much depends on how they would have tied it into the lore...crazy example/theory - what if the reason Flemeth saved both the Warden and Hawke was because they somehow connected to her lineage?  And she just didn't happen to be in the right place at the right time - but had been "watching over them"?  But that is just a very crazy theory.

It's not necessarily a problem of being unrealistic. Tying everyone together makes the world "smaller" in a way. Without the expanded universe to flesh out the supporting characters, aliens, and stories; the Star Wars Universe would feel more like the personal story of the Skywalker clan and less like a galactic epic.

The Kennedys may all be important, but if you told a story where all the protagonists are Kennedys, you would leave out a great deal of the history of the last century out-of-focus.
Hrothdane
Hrothdane
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by umadcommander Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:17 am

umadcommander wrote:narrowly the dwarf commoner, its not the one i used first though

never mind, dwarf noble is the best now that i finally tried it Joyful 
umadcommander
umadcommander
Rachni Brood Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackoutBasement Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:26 am

Dwarf commoner is my favorite one. Smile
BlackoutBasement
BlackoutBasement
Drone

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Blaster Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:25 pm

Human Noble
Master Blaster
Master Blaster
Geth Prime

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:16 am

Ok, now I have to try the Female City Elf origin.
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:57 pm

Circle Mage so far because I like an underdog.

(yeah they're generally more powerful lore-wise, mages, but it seems everyone hates them to some degree, even the poor)

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:39 am

SwobyJ wrote:Circle Mage so far because I like an underdog.

(yeah they're generally more powerful lore-wise, mages, but it seems everyone hates them to some degree, even the poor)
 Not to mention the Amell connection w/Hawke in DA II...its an easy origin story to get behind...
DSharrah
DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:41 am

DSharrah wrote:
SwobyJ wrote:Circle Mage so far because I like an underdog.

Not to mention the Amell connection w/Hawke in DA II...its an easy origin story to get behind...
Oh! I forgot about that one! Yeah the whole "Mage" thing could probably be played through all 3 games for it's own experience. So far as I know, Rogue and Warrior are too close - Mage is truly its own, but Warrior/Rogue are just different takes on a larger form of story.

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueLogic Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:43 pm

RavenEyry wrote:City elf female. All the origins have you as a badass but this one busts out of a rape party.
I was going to say something to this effect, but it wouldn't have been so succinct.
BlueLogic
BlueLogic
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by HYR 2.1 Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:03 am

It'll be the current last-place finisher for ole H. I go Dalish elf on my main DA:O run.

I chose this origin because I could immediately relate to it, even more than the human ones, because the protagonist is just as much of an outsider to the narrative setting as I the player. And -- as SwobyJ said of the Magi origin -- this background also has an "underdog" feel to it.

I also like ending this story by coming full-circle -- joining Morrigan through the Eluvian mirror.
HYR 2.1
HYR 2.1
Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:42 am

Amusingly, my first play through was the Dalish Elf. It didn't take me long to pick, either - I clearly watched too many bad 80's fantasy films as a child.

Favourite though is probably the Circle Mage for the introduction to the Fade.
ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:38 am

City Elf for me.
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down