Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Speculating on the Citadel DLC release date.

+16
Hanako Ikezawa
Avin180
Humakt
dorktainian
Dwailing
Restrider
umadcommander
BleedingUranium
ElSuperGecko
jojon2se
clennon8
Eryri
CSSteele
DoomsdayDevice
RavenEyry
TheSuperAwesome_383
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Speculating on the Citadel DLC release date. - Page 2 Empty Re: Speculating on the Citadel DLC release date.

Post by Avin180 Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:34 am

Just asking for a little clarification here, why does everyone call it the "Citadel" DLC.
Avin180
Avin180
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Speculating on the Citadel DLC release date. - Page 2 Empty Re: Speculating on the Citadel DLC release date.

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:43 am

Avin180 wrote:Just asking for a little clarification here, why does everyone call it the "Citadel" DLC.
When Leviathan came out, people datamined it and found maps with the names "Omg" and "Cit" in it. Omg turned out to be Omega and it's believed Cit refers to Citadel.
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:44 am

Are the citadel maps not just the added flowers?
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:53 am

RavenEyry wrote:Are the citadel maps not just the added flowers?
No, those were under the LEV group. Of course, I'm just using info I've heard for others, so don't quote me exactly.
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Humakt Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:15 pm

Actually both Leviathan and Omega had Citadel related stuff, so that early leak might not signify anything anymore.
Humakt
Humakt
Nightmare

http://www.celestialheavens.com/thundermaps/

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkio Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:30 pm

I just hope that it comes out in Feb. I would like to play it before I leave for X months.
Arkio
Arkio
Pyjak

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSuperAwesome_383 Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:27 am

Humakt83 wrote:Actually both Leviathan and Omega had Citadel related stuff, so that early leak might not signify anything anymore.
Actually, Omega was fairly short on Citadel-related stuff.

I'm not sure if I was the first person who found the citadel level details in Leviathan - I think someone else had them at around the same time.

Basically in the .bin files in the DLC there's a tree that gives mission structure. For example Omega is split into 4 missions, and we first saw those Omega DLC files appear in one of the multiplayer expansions after the extended cut. These things are often put in in advance so they won't have to replace whole level files like they had to with the unplanned "Extended Cut" DLC, and other times because devs are lazy and forget to remove them (like with all those unused scene details and scripts I found in Omega). You have to remember that 99.999% of the game's audience will never look into these things to see what's there, so it's not a big priority.

However, I can confirm that based on the info left behind in Leviathan and a couple of the multiplayer DLCs, the single-player citadel DLC is a real legit thing.
TheSuperAwesome_383
TheSuperAwesome_383
Mercenary

Back to top Go down

Post by FreewheelinDylan Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:12 am

Whatever it is, this is it.

Speculating on the Citadel DLC release date. - Page 2 7zprMiM

IT or no IT, this is the end.
FreewheelinDylan
FreewheelinDylan
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Post by Lombus Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:57 am

They promise something epic, with tear-jerker music and it's also big, and adding the fact that for the most of the writers it's their last work, it sets a high bar. But again they promised so many things before it's kinda hard to believe them. My fingers are crossed and I'm dying with anticipation to know if this it's the DLC that will change things around, whether it proves IT or just makes the endings acceptable.
I haven't been excited about something ME3 related since...well since the release so yeah... Blank Here's hoping
Lombus
Lombus
Adjutant

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:29 pm

Late Feb would work for me...since that's when my birthday is and all!
DSharrah
DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2