Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's Your Alignment? (Now with Poll!)

+20
Rankincountry
FFZero
Fur28
Soul8lighter
invetro
Andromidius
shadowsenshi
Davik Kang
BatmanTurian
DoomsdayDevice
BlueLogic
BleedingUranium
estebanus
Rifneno
DSharrah
Restrider
Home run MF
Norlond
Raistlin Majere
Hrothdane
24 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What is your alignment?

What's Your Alignment? (Now with Poll!) - Page 2 Vote_lcap23%What's Your Alignment? (Now with Poll!) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 9 ]
What's Your Alignment? (Now with Poll!) - Page 2 Vote_lcap50%What's Your Alignment? (Now with Poll!) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 20 ]
What's Your Alignment? (Now with Poll!) - Page 2 Vote_lcap3%What's Your Alignment? (Now with Poll!) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
What's Your Alignment? (Now with Poll!) - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%What's Your Alignment? (Now with Poll!) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 2 ]
What's Your Alignment? (Now with Poll!) - Page 2 Vote_lcap10%What's Your Alignment? (Now with Poll!) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 4 ]
What's Your Alignment? (Now with Poll!) - Page 2 Vote_lcap9%What's Your Alignment? (Now with Poll!) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 4 ]
What's Your Alignment? (Now with Poll!) - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%What's Your Alignment? (Now with Poll!) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
What's Your Alignment? (Now with Poll!) - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%What's Your Alignment? (Now with Poll!) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 40

What's Your Alignment? (Now with Poll!) - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Your Alignment? (Now with Poll!)

Post by Guest Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:43 pm

Andromidius wrote:Neutral Good.

What gets me is its claiming Mother Theresa is also Neutral Good. Honestly, no. She's closer to Lawful Evil. Bleh.

Methinks this test runs on the superficial.

Back to top Go down

What's Your Alignment? (Now with Poll!) - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Your Alignment? (Now with Poll!)

Post by invetro Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:46 am

Lawful good. This explains why I'm struggling with my renegade playthrough. Suspect
invetro
invetro
Thorian Creeper

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChhncq2NBuQMAEJxxOcSBqA

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul8lighter Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:41 am

What's Your Alignment? (Now with Poll!) - Page 2 AlignNN

True Neutral

22.2% Good
28.2% Lawful

"You do whatever seems like a good idea at the time. You don't feel any strong inclination towards good vs. evil or law vs. chaos. Some may say that you lack conviction, while others might admire you for your capability of remaining unbiased. You likely prefer good versus evil in society, since good people tend to make better neighbors and rulers, but you are not personally committed to upholding good in any abstract or universal way.
You are the stereotypical “Balancer.” You act in a way that is natural to you without prejudice or compulsion.
Examples of charactersand people who fit into the same alignment as you include Linus Torvalds, Dr. Strangelove, Scott Evil, Mr. Spock, and the nation of Switzerland."

Soul8lighter
Soul8lighter
Pyjak

Back to top Go down

Post by Fur28 Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:01 am

Neutral good
seems like me

Fur28
Commando

Back to top Go down

Post by FFZero Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:09 pm

Neutral good.

You are 50% Good.
You are 7.7% Lawful.

Seems pretty accurate actually, even though the questions are a bit dated.
FFZero
FFZero
Thorian Creeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rankincountry Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:23 pm

Neutral good.

69.4% good and 7.7% chaotic. Sounds about right :) .
Rankincountry
Rankincountry
Nemesis

Location : Sunny Valley Rest Home for Burnt-Out Gamers, Karpyshyn Ward

http://www.flickr.com/photos/adrianprice74

Back to top Go down

Post by Restrider Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:43 pm

Neutral Good characters in ME universe:

According to TvTropes:
Mordin Solus
Tali'Zorah
Jacob Taylor *shudders*
Liara T'Soni
Ashley Williams
some Shepards
Restrider
Restrider
Blood Pack Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Andromidius Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:08 pm

SwobyJ wrote:
Andromidius wrote:Neutral Good.

What gets me is its claiming Mother Theresa is also Neutral Good. Honestly, no. She's closer to Lawful Evil. Bleh.

Methinks this test runs on the superficial.

Perhaps. Or the 'public opinion', rather then the facts.

Most people tend to be closer to neutral then these tests suggest, and are often leaning further towards good and lawful. Few people in reality are exceptions to the general rules and norms of society, for better or worse.

And honestly I doubt anyone would ever get Chaotic Evil as a result. A Chaotic Evil person wouldn't even be able (or willing) to sit down to do a test!
Andromidius
Andromidius
Admin

https://indoctrinationtheory.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Andromidius Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:30 pm

Restrider wrote:Neutral Good characters in ME universe:

According to TvTropes:
Mordin Solus
Tali'Zorah
Jacob Taylor *shudders*
Liara T'Soni
Ashley Williams
some Shepards

I'd partially disagree with TvTropes in this regard. But then alignments are rarely 'clean cut' and most well written characters will vary alignment depending on the situation.

Mordin seems more Lawful Neutral - he performs 'evil deeds' for the sake of Galactic peace and order, but has noble goals. His chance of heart in helping the Krogan brings him closer to Neutral Good later on, however.

Ashley is Lawful Neutral, with hints of Lawful Good (and heavy doses of Lawful Stupid). The fact she's got harsh opinions on aliens, and is enraged by Shepard's dealings with Cerberus to the point of not trusting Shep for nearly two entire games just reinforces this for me.

Jacob seems True Neutral. He's interested primarily in himself and his wants and desires. He's shown he's certainly not a loyal person, and only gets involved in things that directly concern him.

As for the rest of the crew:

Wrex - Chaotic Neutral, later Chaotic Good.
Grunt - Chaotic Neutral.
Miranda - Lawful Neutral, with hints of True Neutral when emotionally involved.
Thane - Lawful Neutral, hints of Neutral Good creeping in at times.
Garrus - Chaotic Good, some hints of Chaotic Neutral or Neutral Good depending on influence or situation.
Tali - Neutral Good, hints of Lawful Good when it comes to Floatilla security.
Legion - Unsure. He shows signs of Lawful Neutral and Lawful Good most of the time, but hints at True Neutral or even Chaotic Neutral when he's concealing the truth or showing 'real emotion'.
Javik - Lawful Neutral, strong hints of Lawful Evil in his attitudes.
Jack - Chaotic Neutral with strong hints of Neutral Evil in her selfish attitudes and past. Slowly verges towards Chaotic Good.
EDI - Lawful Neutral, evolves into Lawful Good or Neutral Good.
James - True Neutral, hints at Neutral Good and Chaotic Neutral.
Samara - True Neutral.
Morinth - Neutral Evil with Chaotic Evil tendencies.
Zaeed - True Neutral, hinting at Neutral Evil due to his lust for vengence though is firmly True Neutral when its resolved.
Kasumi - Chaotic Neutral.
Anderson - Neutral Good, Lawful Neutral at times.
Andromidius
Andromidius
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Restrider Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:17 pm

@Andro
How can you describe Samara as true neutral?
Wouldn't lawful neutral be better given her strict code?
Also, what's your opinion on Liara, Kaidan, Anderson and TIM?
Restrider
Restrider
Blood Pack Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by BRAVO543211 Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:31 pm

Neutral Good. So I am the same alignment as Luke Skywalker, Indiana Jones, and Frodo? I can live with that.
BRAVO543211
BRAVO543211
Varren

Location : The horrble irradiated remains of Boston, on a quest to locate the Scourge of the Wastes, DCHoaxer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hrothdane Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:28 pm

Alignment is about intentions and values overall. One single evil act does not make someone evil or even neutral unless they continue along that path. A Lawful person is still capable of breaking the rules, but they will feel terrible about such an act and avoid repeating it. Alignment is not a chain; it's a guideline or a categorization to help with roleplaying and provide mechanical effects. A Chaotic Evil person is not required to constantly attack all forms of order and act solely upon destructive impulses. Such impulses might motivate their behavior, but they are entirely capable of putting on appearances and coming up with intricate and ordered plans to achieve chaos. The Joker does so all the time, and he is one of the archetypes of Chaotic Evil.

Tvtropes gets Mordin right. He believes in helping people (doing good) above all else. Nothing else matters to him except doing what is right. Remember that good does not mean soft or nice. The Genophage Modification Project obviously deeply disturbed Mordin on a very basic level and caused him to spend his life trying to atone for it. If he was neutral on the good-evil axis, this would not be the case.

In fact, this quote from him really captures the essence of Neutral Good: "Lots of ways to help people. Sometimes heal patients; sometimes execute dangerous people. Either way helps." -- Mordin

If he was Lawful Neutral, he would value order and law in and of itself, not because it creates good. Ask yourself, if the Dalatrass had given him a direct order to stop the genophage cure, would he have even considered it for a moment? Of course not. Law, obedience, and order have no value to him except as a method to achieving good, and he seems to have no inclination towards considering order or freedom to be a better method of achieving good in a general sense.

As for Jacob, a good person can still be selfish in many ways. He might be closer to neutral on the spectrum than others, but he still clearly values helping others. He fights to help the ex-Cerberus people and has a basic, instinctual hatred of his father's actions. He left the Alliance because he felt that their red tape got in the way of doing the right thing, and left Cerberus when he realized they were evil.

There is no universe in which Samara is not Lawful. Whether she is Lawful Good or Lawful Neutral many will debate, but I would argue she is Lawful Good with a stronger than usual focus on law. As evidenced in her recruitment mission when she goes into temporary custody of the police, she knows how to dance around the code to get good done. The code is everything to her, but it is everything to her because she believes that by following it, she will be good.

James is pretty clearly good in my estimation. He feels a need to be back on Earth because he feels a responsibility towards helping.
Hrothdane
Hrothdane
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:49 pm

Hrothdane - agreed on all points!
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Restrider Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:18 am

Anderson, Neutral Good (remember ME1 punching Udina for instance)?
TIM, True Neutral/Evil?
Restrider
Restrider
Blood Pack Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Andromidius Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:16 pm

Restrider wrote:@Andro
How can you describe Samara as true neutral?
Wouldn't lawful neutral be better given her strict code?
Also, what's your opinion on Liara, Kaidan, Anderson and TIM?

I ment Lawful Neutral. Opps. Though in a way she has unlawful elements to her, such as only obeying certain laws (she makes it clear that she's willing to kill police officers that stand in her way, even if they are doing their duty in bringing her in).

Liara is Chaotic Good, I feel. Maybe Neutral Good when she's not being axe-crazy and impulsive.

Kaiden is... No idea. A damp sponge. Probably Lawful Good.

Anderson is Neutral Good, with tendencies towards Chaotic Good when required (breaking out the Normandy and decking Udina).

TIM is Lawful Evil. Straight up. He gives the impression of being Lawful Neutral, but deep down he's highly corrupt and only respects the order he imposes on others.

Saren is an interesting one. There's an argument inside me that he might not even be Evil. He may even be Lawful Neutral, with some Chaotic Neutral remaints fighting inside him. He doesn't seem to take any real joy in his actions, just 'doing what it necessary'. He has no true lust for power, more a desire to survive and try to save as many people as he can in the process. Which shows how Indoctrination is dangerous - it turns non-evil men into your mortal enemy. However, pre-indoctrinated Saren may have been at least partially Lawful Evil - indoctrinately weirdly seeming to make him more tolerant of humans? Weird concept.
Andromidius
Andromidius
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Restrider Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:53 pm

True... Revelations Saren was a sadastic douchebag and his motives to acquire the Reaper artifact (aka Sovereign) were definitely power-driven.
However, his motives in ME1 seem to be driven by a perverted form of utilateralism.
Restrider
Restrider
Blood Pack Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Andromidius Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:11 pm

Oh my, my spelling is rather... awful.

I blame feeling unwell.
Andromidius
Andromidius
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:52 am

invetro wrote:Lawful good. This explains why I'm struggling with my renegade playthrough. Suspect
To be honest... it's impossible for me, I feel like I'm actually IRL punching puppies when I try anything severely messed up in the series. Imagine how I felt when I accidentally did the renegade interrupt in Omega? Not only was it pointless, but it was entirely accidental... anyone ever heard of accidental pointless genocide? LOL

You are 91.7% Good.
You are 30.8% Lawful.

Alignment: Lawful Good

Some of the questions were hilarious, like destroying the lemonade stand...

"Toss a few skee-ball tokens or wooden nickels in the pail so that she'll leave you alone." - Lolwut?

"You slowly pick a token that is not hideous, but certainly inferior." - Nostalgic and classic LOL
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:45 pm

IronicParticle wrote:
invetro wrote:Lawful good. This explains why I'm struggling with my renegade playthrough. Suspect
To be honest... it's impossible for me, I feel like I'm actually IRL punching puppies when I try anything severely messed up in the series. Imagine how I felt when I accidentally did the renegade interrupt in Omega? Not only was it pointless, but it was entirely accidental... anyone ever heard of accidental pointless genocide? LOL

Same thing for me. Could never do a full renegade play through. Sure I will take some renegade interrupts when they give me an edge in combat or when they are plain epic (headbutting a Krogan ftw) but that is about it. The most renegade choice I have made in the series was to not save the Destiny Ascension, but even that was based on the idea of focusing Sovereign and that nothing else mattered. And that was my second play through where as I saved the Destiny Ascension in my first.

But it is a general thing. Witcher, Dragon Age, Jade Empire, Old Republic, Baldurs Gate, almost does not matter the game I can never make a purely selfish and cruel choice.

Only series I have found myself having no trouble going all out evil / psycho in is the Elder Scroll series where for some reasons I do not feel guilty for slaughtering everything in sight...I think that might be related to the often simple characters of the games. With very few exceptions I simply don't connect to characters in the Elder Scroll games in the same way.
Raistlin Majere
Raistlin Majere
N7

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:29 am

Raistlin Majere wrote:

Same thing for me. Could never do a full renegade play through. Sure I will take some renegade interrupts when they give me an edge in combat or when they are plain epic (headbutting a Krogan ftw) but that is about it. The most renegade choice I have made in the series was to not save the Destiny Ascension, but even that was based on the idea of focusing Sovereign and that nothing else mattered. And that was my second play through where as I saved the Destiny Ascension in my first.

But it is a general thing. Witcher, Dragon Age, Jade Empire, Old Republic, Baldurs Gate, almost does not matter the game I can never make a purely selfish and cruel choice.

Only series I have found myself having no trouble going all out evil / psycho in is the Elder Scroll series where for some reasons I do not feel guilty for slaughtering everything in sight...I think that might be related to the often simple characters of the games. With very few exceptions I simply don't connect to characters in the Elder Scroll games in the same way.
Hah, I do the headbutt too... who doesn't?

Ironically, same about TES. It's an exception, probably for the same reason you mentioned. I don't feel attached to the Character nor the world. There is only 1 exception to this exception(exception inception lol), and that's the Guar creature in Morrowind. I'd take an arrow for the little guy :P
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokanaiya Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:34 am

You are 75% Good.
You are 23.1% Lawful.
Alignment: Neutral Good

At least for today. I normally test Lawful Good, but then, I usually think too much about the questions, and my alignment tends to vary between Lawful and Neutral based on what definitions they're using. :)
Lokanaiya
Lokanaiya
Husk

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokanaiya Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:51 am

IronicParticle wrote:
Raistlin Majere wrote:

Hah, I do the headbutt too... who doesn't?

Ironically, same about TES. It's an exception, probably for the same reason you mentioned. I don't feel attached to the Character nor the world. There is only 1 exception to this exception(exception inception lol), and that's the Guar creature in Morrowind. I'd take an arrow for the little guy :P

Same here, I can almost never pull off a straight Renegade character (my current attempt in ME2 had 2 bars Renegade, 1.5 bars Paragon lol) and I can't play an evil character in any other game either, except for Elder Scrolls games. I mean, my favorite faction in both Skyrim and Oblivion is the Dark Brotherhood with the Thieves guild being a close second. I have almost no trouble going on a killing spree in either of those games, unless it involves either of those factions or Paarthurnax. No one touches Paarthurnax, and anyone who suggests that I should feels my wrath, Delphine. :P
Lokanaiya
Lokanaiya
Husk

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:53 am

Lokanaiya wrote:Same here, I can almost never pull off a straight Renegade character (my current attempt in ME2 had 2 bars Renegade, 1.5 bars Paragon lol) and I can't play an evil character in any other game either, except for Elder Scrolls games. I mean, my favorite faction in both Skyrim and Oblivion is the Dark Brotherhood with the Thieves guild being a close second. I have almost no trouble going on a killing spree in either of those games, unless it involves either of those factions or Paarthurnax. No one touches Paarthurnax, and anyone who suggests that I should feels my wrath, Delphine. :P
I mean sometimes I play a good character in TES... but being Neutral to evil tends to be the fastest to gain power and rewards. I in fact side with the Imperial Legion for moral and practical reasons, like the fact that their multicultural... in a war to stop evil assholes from destroying the world(Thalmor), you need to work together. Much like how the races in ME finally work together to destroy the reapers. Heck, even a bad guy has to agree that the Thalmor should be stopped... in Arias own words if the threat isn't stopped then that means even they are doomed.

Do you play console or PC for TES?
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Maximus Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:01 pm

You are 5.6% Evil. 
You are 17.9% Chaotic. 
Alignment: True Neutral

Turns out I'm evil >,>
Maximus
Maximus
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2