Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Multiplayer Strategy and Build section!

+26
Nightvayne
Cyberfrog
MovieMachine
dorktainian
hukbum
WeAreHarbinger
CmdrShep80
HYR 2.1
Eryri
Rankincountry
Raistlin Majere
Home run MF
richie21
FFZero
Fur28
shadowsenshi
DoomsdayDevice
DSharrah
Davik Kang
Andromidius
ElSuperGecko
Rifneno
Steelcan
BlueLogic
RavenEyry
AxStapleton
30 posters

Page 7 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Multiplayer Strategy and Build section! - Page 7 Empty Re: Multiplayer Strategy and Build section!

Post by Davik Kang Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:09 pm

Rankincountry wrote:Right, here's my question for the day. I've just acquired a Krogan Shaman (my first Krogan kit, go me!) and I'm keen to try it out. However I am utterly clueless as to what an effective build or tactics for a Krogan adept might look like - in fact I don't think I've ever seen one in action.

I'd be hugely grateful for some tips around spec, armament and playstyle.
I prefer not to give out spec advice as I think it's better to experiment and find one that suits your playstyle / that you find fun playing. But I'll chuck out some general stuff.

Krogan are quite different to other characters. The main thing is their 'tank' suitability. They have very high shields and health even at level 1 (without Fitness), and walk slowly but run very quickly. This compensates for the fact that they can't 'combat roll' or perform any kind of dodge. Their haeby melee attacks are also really effective, so it might be worth practising to get used to the range (if you use it too close to your opponent, you might charge past them).

Imo the adept is the most unorthodox Krogan because of his Biotic attacks. It means you can soec him for a tank like the other Krogans, or leave him with his base buffed health and focus on the Biotic stuff to fight from longer range.

I guess if you just want a suggestion, maybe you could skip warp and make an invincible Krogan by buffing Fitness and Biotic Barrier, then using Shockwave to clear/stagger crowds and buff weapon damage for whatever your weapon of choice is. Obviously your Krogan will be less invincible the higher the difficulty.

Personally I prefer to buff melee damage and Rage Mode in Fitness so that you can smash Dragoons and Geth Bombers with a single heavy melee, very satisfying :) probably not so useful for Platinum though
Davik Kang
Davik Kang
Mercenary

Back to top Go down

Multiplayer Strategy and Build section! - Page 7 Empty Re: Multiplayer Strategy and Build section!

Post by HYR 2.1 Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:10 pm

'Was losing a bit of interest in MP as of late, but I've gotten excited again after hearing about this upcoming DLC.
HYR 2.1
HYR 2.1
Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rankincountry Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:25 pm

Davik Kang wrote:
Rankincountry wrote:Right, here's my question for the day. I've just acquired a Krogan Shaman (my first Krogan kit, go me!) and I'm keen to try it out. However I am utterly clueless as to what an effective build or tactics for a Krogan adept might look like - in fact I don't think I've ever seen one in action.

I'd be hugely grateful for some tips around spec, armament and playstyle.
I prefer not to give out spec advice as I think it's better to experiment and find one that suits your playstyle / that you find fun playing. But I'll chuck out some general stuff.

Krogan are quite different to other characters. The main thing is their 'tank' suitability. They have very high shields and health even at level 1 (without Fitness), and walk slowly but run very quickly. This compensates for the fact that they can't 'combat roll' or perform any kind of dodge. Their haeby melee attacks are also really effective, so it might be worth practising to get used to the range (if you use it too close to your opponent, you might charge past them).

Imo the adept is the most unorthodox Krogan because of his Biotic attacks. It means you can soec him for a tank like the other Krogans, or leave him with his base buffed health and focus on the Biotic stuff to fight from longer range.

I guess if you just want a suggestion, maybe you could skip warp and make an invincible Krogan by buffing Fitness and Biotic Barrier, then using Shockwave to clear/stagger crowds and buff weapon damage for whatever your weapon of choice is. Obviously your Krogan will be less invincible the higher the difficulty.

Personally I prefer to buff melee damage and Rage Mode in Fitness so that you can smash Dragoons and Geth Bombers with a single heavy melee, very satisfying :) probably not so useful for Platinum though

Thanks very much - I play on silver mostly so I reckon I'll give a rage/melee build a go. Rawr! :)
Rankincountry
Rankincountry
Nemesis

Location : Sunny Valley Rest Home for Burnt-Out Gamers, Karpyshyn Ward

http://www.flickr.com/photos/adrianprice74

Back to top Go down

Post by Davik Kang Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:44 pm

HYR 2.1 wrote: 'Was losing a bit of interest in MP as of late, but I've gotten excited again after hearing about this upcoming DLC.
Do you know if they're introducing a new enemy faction? I sure hope so and I'm still hoping for some kind of Terminus collection of mercs and vagabonds.

Rankincountry wrote:Thanks very much - I play on silver mostly so I reckon I'll give a rage/melee build a go. Rawr! :)
No problem. Hope I can squeeze some games in with you IT people before next Wednesday, as I'll be disappearing abroad at that point and won't be back here likely til I finish the SP DLC (which knowing me could take a while!!).

Last edited by DoomsdayDevice on Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed quote)
Davik Kang
Davik Kang
Mercenary

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueLogic Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:03 pm

This weekend's Operation is "Tribute". You have to earn 50,000 points using an avenger, and also 50,000 points using inferno grenades. Very fitting. Bravo Bioware. Can't wait to see the new reward banner. Would be awesome if it said "Big Goddamn Hero" on it :)
BlueLogic
BlueLogic
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by Rankincountry Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:34 pm

Just like to say thanks to FFZero and MaximizedAction for taking me into my first game of Platinum. It was a bit intense, but a lot of fun, cheers guys! Grin
Rankincountry
Rankincountry
Nemesis

Location : Sunny Valley Rest Home for Burnt-Out Gamers, Karpyshyn Ward

http://www.flickr.com/photos/adrianprice74

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:39 am

BlueLogic wrote:This weekend's Operation is "Tribute". You have to earn 50,000 points using an avenger, and also 50,000 points using inferno grenades. Very fitting. Bravo Bioware. Can't wait to see the new reward banner. Would be awesome if it said "Big Goddamn Hero" on it :)

Just says Tribute...pretty much locked down after soloing silver (I think it took two matches to get both). The banner is pretty sweet.

That being said...just finished my solos on silver for the lone wolf banner...and wondering what the best way to get ready for soloing gold is...any suggestion on what I should do to prepare? Or should I just jump in feet first?
DSharrah
DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by AxStapleton Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:35 am

HYR 2.1 wrote: 'Was losing a bit of interest in MP as of late, but I've gotten excited again after hearing about this upcoming DLC.

Yeah, having new characters and weapons should freshen things up a bit.
AxStapleton
AxStapleton
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by Andromidius Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:03 am

Verdict:

Avenger is still garbage, even a level X with a Rail Amp, Stablity Booster and Special Rounds (I was using Explosive last time).

Inferno Grenades are fun, though not as good as other Grenades still. Unless you're a Krogan Soldier with Carnage, then its probably pretty awesome.
Andromidius
Andromidius
Admin

https://indoctrinationtheory.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:06 am

I like the quarian engineer a lot. Even if I never get the challenge characters, I'm glad my reserves pack binge unlocked her.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by AxStapleton Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:11 am

RavenEyry wrote:I like the quarian engineer a lot. Even if I never get the challenge characters, I'm glad my reserves pack binge unlocked her.

Yeah, my most regular gold character. All you've got to do is make sure you keep out of the fray as much as you can and let all your tech powers do the work.
AxStapleton
AxStapleton
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:39 pm

Avenger rocks. Strapped it on my N7 Destroyer, got the Avenger part of the challenge in one match.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Davik Kang Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:38 pm

DoomsdayDevice wrote:Avenger rocks. Strapped it on my N7 Destroyer, got the Avenger part of the challenge in one match.
Yeah I gotta say it was fine for me too, got stuck in a Gold match having missed the first three waves but still nearly completed it in one.

The damage is low but with buffs it's definitely good enough, especially considering how light it is. It's like a long-range SMG sidearm.
Davik Kang
Davik Kang
Mercenary

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:51 pm

My reserves pack binging in an attempt to unlock inferno grenades has given me all the volus and every batarian except the one with the grenades. No op for me it seems.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:51 pm

RavenEyry wrote:My reserves pack binging in an attempt to unlock inferno grenades has given me all the volus and every batarian except the one with the grenades. No op for me it seems.

Don't give up hope! There's still almost 24 hours to go!

I got the challenge in only two matches...
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:53 pm

DoomsdayDevice wrote:
RavenEyry wrote:My reserves pack binging in an attempt to unlock inferno grenades has given me all the volus and every batarian except the one with the grenades. No op for me it seems.

Don't give up hope! There's still almost 24 hours to go!

I got the challenge in only two matches...
Parent's have the TV tonight and I've got work tomorrow, so I doubt it.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:55 pm

Just bribe your parents!

Call in sick!

Renegade
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by HYR 2.1 Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:10 am

Wouldn't it be cool if I could get a dingus respec card from Spectre/Premium Spectre Packs?

THAT would be cool!

Multiplayer Strategy and Build section! - Page 7 Thumbnail_21509
HYR 2.1
HYR 2.1
Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:07 am

Reckoning hits tomorrow!

New characters, weapons, equipment and what else are we expecting...?

New Hazard variants for Jade/Hydra/Rio/Vancouver and London?

New enemies...?

New objective modes?

What's everyone hoping for?
ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:32 am

I'm new to this multiplayer biz and i'm looking forward to the new stuff. Although I must admit more variation would be nice.....also maybe more multiplayer modes. Go team milky way.
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:23 pm

ElSuperGecko wrote:Reckoning hits tomorrow!

New characters, weapons, equipment and what else are we expecting...?

New Hazard variants for Jade/Hydra/Rio/Vancouver and London?

New enemies...?

New objective modes?

What's everyone hoping for?

Yes, Hazard versions of the maps that don't have one.

New enemies, not really expecting it, would be cool though. Maybe a new enemy type like Adjutants?

What I'm hoping for, but do not think we're getting is co-op campaign mode.

What I'm really, really hoping for is a Hanar kit and an Elcor kit. Don't think we're getting it, but would be awesome.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:23 pm

I think new hazards are almost certain (look at the sky in the picture of the Krogan Warlord on Hydra...)

I'd be surprised if the Adjutant and Rampant Mech make it in, but the collateral is already there...

Not sure what else to expect, really! I'm eagerly anticipating the live stream...
ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by MovieMachine Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:54 pm

ElSuperGecko wrote:I think new hazards are almost certain (look at the sky in the picture of the Krogan Warlord on Hydra...)

I'd be surprised if the Adjutant and Rampant Mech make it in, but the collateral is already there...

Not sure what else to expect, really! I'm eagerly anticipating the live stream...

I still think that's a scion's cannon blast in that Hydra pic (they're fighting collectors in that screenshot after all), so not expecting new maps or variants of the old ones. I'll be glad if I'm proven wrong though.

When does the livestream begin in GMT time? I'm always confused by all the timezones.
MovieMachine
MovieMachine
Cannibal

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:48 pm

They said no new Salarian kits in Reckoning. Sad

(They said it in the live stream)
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:56 pm

Four fat guys that explode when shot but only two from the race with the best black ops teams in the galaxy. Go figure.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next