Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New IP Project

+3
smokingotter
Fur28
TJBartlemus
7 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Which IP Idea?

New IP Project - Page 4 Vote_lcap36%New IP Project - Page 4 Vote_rcap 36% 
[ 5 ]
New IP Project - Page 4 Vote_lcap43%New IP Project - Page 4 Vote_rcap 43% 
[ 6 ]
New IP Project - Page 4 Vote_lcap21%New IP Project - Page 4 Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 14

New IP Project - Page 4 Empty Re: New IP Project

Post by TJBartlemus Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:14 am

What's happened to everyone? scratch
TJBartlemus
TJBartlemus
Husk

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:22 am

TJBartlemus wrote:What's happened to everyone? scratch
I dunno, you guys were busy with that so I was checking back periodically to see how that would go.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by smokingotter Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:29 am

I'm here. Watching this right now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQNKStryrbY

IP e-mail for activation code for rpg maker xp

http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/products/rpg-maker-xp

dl it, install rtp folder and than xp folder and use the activation code.
smokingotter
smokingotter
Thorian Creeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:40 am

smokingotter wrote:I'm here. Watching this right now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQNKStryrbY

IP e-mail for activation code for rpg maker xp

http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/products/rpg-maker-xp

dl it, install rtp folder and than xp folder and use the activation code.
Ok, I sent the email.

Edit how do you download it? I think I downloaded the RTP thing, but what is the XP thing you are talking about?

Last edited by IronicParticle on Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:42 am; edited 2 times in total
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by TJBartlemus Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:41 am

Yeah I did that. However the code you sent to me didn't work. I think the code is registered to your email / name so that other people can't use your code under a different name.
TJBartlemus
TJBartlemus
Husk

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:50 am

TJBartlemus wrote: Yeah I did that. However the code you sent to me didn't work. I think the code is registered to your email / name so that other people can't use your code under a different name.
Huh, well poop.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by TJBartlemus Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:09 pm

IronicParticle wrote:
TJBartlemus wrote: Yeah I did that. However the code you sent to me didn't work. I think the code is registered to your email / name so that other people can't use your code under a different name.
Huh, well poop.

Nvm. Got it to work. I was using the wrong version. :P
TJBartlemus
TJBartlemus
Husk

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:49 am

TJBartlemus wrote:
IronicParticle wrote:
Huh, well poop.

So how did you install it?
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by TJBartlemus Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:39 am

IronicParticle wrote:
TJBartlemus wrote:
IronicParticle wrote:
Huh, well poop.

So how did you install it?

After you click the button to download, just follow the instuctions that the site gives.
TJBartlemus
TJBartlemus
Husk

Back to top Go down

Post by TJBartlemus Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:36 am

Alright. On the google drive document, I started us off with creating 5 starter catagories to start working with. Premise, Characters, Main Events, Side Events, etc.
TJBartlemus
TJBartlemus
Husk

Back to top Go down

Post by smokingotter Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:20 am

Added a list of characters for the crew of promise, I figured 8 was enough for a long term trip to Legacy unless we want to add a bunch of red shirts.

I added a couple of Mass Effect related shout outs in creating the names. Nothing wrong with little nods to other games.
smokingotter
smokingotter
Thorian Creeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:50 am

smokingotter wrote:Added a list of characters for the crew of promise, I figured 8 was enough for a long term trip to Legacy unless we want to add a bunch of red shirts.

I added a couple of Mass Effect related shout outs in creating the names. Nothing wrong with little nods to other games.
Did you send the email? I'm a bit busy so I'll check tomorrow, but I was just curious.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by smokingotter Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:53 am

@IP yes I did so you should be follow the link and see the document we are working on. Right now just doing factions and crew of promise and alien races.

If you do make changes try to keep it in outline format. I will add a notes section near the bottom to explain if you make changes to someone else's contribution what you did.
smokingotter
smokingotter
Thorian Creeper

Back to top Go down

Post by TJBartlemus Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:05 am

smokingotter wrote:@IP yes I did so you should be follow the link and see the document we are working on. Right now just doing factions and crew of promise and alien races.

If you do make changes try to keep it in outline format. I will add a notes section near the bottom to explain if you make changes to someone else's contribution what you did.

We should also all use different font colors to check who added what easily. I will use the blue font.
TJBartlemus
TJBartlemus
Husk

Back to top Go down

Post by TJBartlemus Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:52 pm

Sorry been gone for so long. Between school and work I haven't had much free time this week. I will try to put in some work today before going to my job.
TJBartlemus
TJBartlemus
Husk

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:19 am

TJBartlemus wrote: Sorry been gone for so long. Between school and work I haven't had much free time this week. I will try to put in some work today before going to my job.
Eh to be honest, I am not that busy. I'm just more carefree, I at least check up on things daily though, I just don't worry too much because we will get it done.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by TJBartlemus Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:01 am

I check up daily as well. However with school, work and other things, it sorta limits my free time. :P Oh well. We should at least get some character writing started. I remember a lot of people would be interested in that. So we could assign some of the characters we have already to them if you guys think that is a good idea.

We should also get on the task of getting a concept artist too.
TJBartlemus
TJBartlemus
Husk

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:17 am

Looking through the thread, nice ideas here. Gonna see if I can contribute something in a setting / story / character focus.
Raistlin Majere
Raistlin Majere
N7

Back to top Go down

Post by hukbum Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:41 am

Well iif you have a basic setup (location [in space/ open world/ indoor], time[fantasy/ scifi], chars [realistic/ anime/ toon]) I can try and build rendered some background images and/or charackter renders if you want to.

I have the tools for that and there won't be any legal problems if I create something from scratch or use the stuff I allready own.

But I have to say, I'm not an artist and I'm still learning Wink
hukbum
hukbum
Abomination

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:43 pm

Sweet, thanks guys. Actually here's an update of what we got so far:

Red is me, Blue is TJ(Cyan here, since blue is too dark IMO), and Green is Otter.

A. Premise: Legacy Urgent Sidenote: Legacy is a very generic name, is it possible that this name has been copyrighted? Or is it too generic to copyright? Just make sure we don’t do anything we aren’t supposed to obviously. Hmmm...we should look into this. However for the time being, Legacy should / could be the placeholder name for the game. We should also determine at what point do we make this game public to start getting response to idea and mould the game in some aspects in reaction to public opinion along with getting people excited for it’s eventual release. Develop a fan base you know. Then from there, if the game is successful, people will spread the word on their own. Rep is a better advertisement than any person could buy on some site on the internet in my opinion. (However we could have ads too. :P)

Earth's first interstellar expedition is sent to Alpha Centauri when it's discovered that alien signals are originating from that area of space from a planet named Alpha 012 that also goes by the name Legacy. You play John/Jane Holt a science officer on the spaceship Promise and are put into cryogenic sleep for the long journey in hopes of first contact with another sentient species.

You wake up years later having crashed landed on the planet in question. The escape pods of your 8 crew members are mysteriously missing. You come out of you ship to find a planet that appears to be torn apart by war.

Your resources are limited. You have to make the right choices to survive. Use your Linguistic Integrated Neural Graphic Operations device to interact with the different species and dangerous animals. Try to reunite with your crew, find out what is happening on Legacy. This game will be heavily dialogue driven.

Sprite based rpg, made using RPG maker.

Edit: teaser image https://imgur.com/xbfj6DN

B. Characters:

1. Crew of Promise

a. John/Jane Holt ???

b. Gary Saad (Male, Turkey)

c. Ashley Bennnet (Female, Australia)

d. Marie Gardiner (Female, Belgium)

e. Anele Kruger (Male, South Africa)

f. Mei Lui (Female, China)

g. Bo Yan (Male, Taiwan) or Alexander Nikita (Male, Russia)

h. Erin Cruz (Female, Philippines)

i. Mike Anderson (Male, Mars Colony)

D. Main Events:

- Crash landing onto Legacy

- Meeting of other species and somehow saving one.

- Discover of first camp

- Finding out the truth about Legacy

E. Side Events:

- Totally random, but I think someone should try and sell everybody else out, basically rat them out, to the main bad guy hoping to earn their favor. Heck, maybe a whole faction could do so.

- Legacy reflects choices made in game.

Locations:

1. Legacy

2. Promise

F. Main Factions:

1. Humanity (Crew of Promise):

2. Essavian (emphatic, intelligent, passionate; think asari and salarians combined)

3. Uliath (cunning, capitalistic, militaristic; think turians and volus)

4. Chotze: (aggressive, ingenuity, tribal; think Krogans meet quarians)

5. [placeholder name]: (ancient, loyal, fierce warriors, military culture/society) <- Main Antagonist; Name should be easy / quick and related to miltary in some way. Explaination for being in english could be that the name doesn’t translate directly but vaguely resembles “Legion or Horde or _____”.

G: Space Tech:

1. Space Ship / Travel Tech (Ideas)

a. Singularity Drive - Alien Tech

b. Bending Space Time

c. Sleeper Ship - Humanity’s S.S.V. Promise

H: Universe:

I: Beginning:

J: Ending:

Notes:

SO: added main factions, promise crew. Changed document into outline format. Was thinking there can be minor factions as well but we’d have three main factions on Legacy who you can work with.

TJ: I figure the faction names should be simpler and more pleasing to the eye/tongue. Notice how Mass Effect uses the “ian” at the end of most of the species names.

IP: I think the tribal faction should actually be a whole lot more tribal than the Krogan are. A few wall paintings and being dumbish(no offense to the Krograns lol) is not enough IMO. Needs to reflect tribalism better, again IMO. They don’t even need to be dumb, no offense to Bioware but tribalism is not inherently barbaric in terms of language. Sometimes Krogan were portrayed as so uneducated, that they didn’t speak anywhere near properly. Wrex, and some other Krogan don’t suffer from this... but still. Edit: Heck, that actually makes it worse. How can a few krogan be much better educated? Didn’t they all get taught by the same system? Anyways enough Krogan talk. Point is, I feel the tribalism should be more in depth.

SO: Added a couple of events

TJ: Going to start writing a rough draft for the beginning of the story tomorrow. When I finish I will present it in here. Allow for commentary and editing you know.

SO: General ideas (incomplete thoughts)

1. Promise is a joint funded private public endeavor, some crew represent consortiums of private companies which may lead to conflicting motivations/actions of crew members at various plot points

2. Legacy is a “venus fly trap” for sentient species. Attracts species, traps them, finds their home world and goes to harvest.
(Harvesting seems a bit close to what Mass Effect is based on.)

3. Legacy uses a power system that causes galactic instability (how so?) similar to the ditched dark energy plot in Mass Effect.

TJ: On the proposed expansion on your idea I had posted in thread, what aspects of it do you guys like and want to keep? EDIT - I added some more categories for us to add to. Stuff like Universe, Beginning, and Ending.

PS. I really like the set-up of this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxq0MwORDpY&NR=1&feature=fvwp

TJ Draft 1: Got started on the script. Decided to share the intro real quick. Really loose first draft. :P Not quite satisfied with it yet, but wanted to know what you guys thought.

*text starts appearing screen*

In the near future humanity discovers a signal emanating from a section of space called Alpha Centauri. Projects start across the globe in an attempt to create a ship capable of travelling to this section of space in an attempt to possibly contact other sentient life. Wars broke out between countries for the rights to send a starship of their own and hold all the glory.
Note: I think it should be that they are fighting over owning land on the planet/resources, because nobody can really stop someone else from sending a ship, that would be like stopping someone from going to the moon yet both the US and Russia(Right, it was Russia? shitty memory) were fighting to get there first in the form of a race. Russia could’ve went, America just got there first. I think wars over resources and ownership of property such as land makes more sense. Funfact: The US constitution specifically states no specific nation can call digs on other planets, and I share this sentiment. I think if we ever make a global type constitution(which I think should exist, we need more cooperation as a species that overarches all this “country” stuff) that all countries respect generally, I think this is one of the things that should be in it. But enough about my opinions. Eventually a project that would be soon called The (Promise?) Initiative brought all the major countries of the globe together. This project would go to spur the advancement of technology hundreds of years ahead of anything any person could have thought of. Armed with the best technology and crew humanity could offer...the ship S.S.V. Promise started its journey towards the planet nicknamed...

...Legacy

14:38 GMT June 23, 2137 Earth Time

The starship Promise glides slowly through space. Suddenly a large blast shakes the screen and fades to black. Screen slowly fades in. John/Jane Holt appears out of a cryo pod and looks around confused.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by TJBartlemus Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:02 pm

hukbum wrote:Well iif you have a basic setup (location [in space/ open world/ indoor], time[fantasy/ scifi], chars [realistic/ anime/ toon]) I can try and build rendered some background images and/or charackter renders if you want to.

I have the tools for that and there won't be any legal problems if I create something from scratch or use the stuff I allready own.

It's alright. We are still learning this game making thing, so you are in similar company. If you could produce some concept art out of what we have already (Thanks IP for sharing it.) that would be great. :)
TJBartlemus
TJBartlemus
Husk

Back to top Go down

Post by hukbum Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:19 pm

TJBartlemus wrote:
hukbum wrote:Well iif you have a basic setup (location [in space/ open world/ indoor], time[fantasy/ scifi], chars [realistic/ anime/ toon]) I can try and build rendered some background images and/or charackter renders if you want to.

It's alright. We are still learning this game making thing, so you are in similar company. If you could produce some concept art out of what we have already (Thanks IP for sharing it.) that would be great. :)
Jup, it's quite detailed (my thanks too, IP) :)
I think I can do something with it ... open terrain, alien structures, destroyed ... that's quite the task.
Good thing the max resolution is only 640 x 480 (if I read that right in the description of rpg maker). Laughing
hukbum
hukbum
Abomination

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:57 pm

DSharrah
DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by smokingotter Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:10 pm

If you want to get more involved e-mail me at smokingotter@gmail.com and I can send you an invite to review/edit our main document.

@DSharrah that finding Shepard game looks great, I wonder if it has some IT elements to it.
smokingotter
smokingotter
Thorian Creeper

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:04 am

smokingotter wrote:If you want to get more involved e-mail me at smokingotter@gmail.com and I can send you an invite to review/edit our main document.

@DSharrah that finding Shepard game looks great, I wonder if it has some IT elements to it.

More than anything I wanted to show you guys that you may not need to be as careful as you think about worrying about the "copyright" issues...I couldn't find anything negative about either of those games in my quick research (as far as Bioware/EA telling them they couldn't do it)...you may able to get away with a game in the "mass effect universe" as long as it doesn't step on any established toes so to speak...

Not that what you guys are doing with the original IP looks bad - it actually looks like it has some very good potential. Just thought I should share, since I thought that the original impetus was to create something IT related...
DSharrah
DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next