Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Inheritances: Consequence - Conversation Thread - Just For Fun

+6
ThisOneIsPunny
MaximizedAction
RavenEyry
Hanako Ikezawa
estebanus
Arian Dynas
10 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Inheritances: Consequence - Conversation Thread - Just For Fun - Page 39 Empty Re: Inheritances: Consequence - Conversation Thread - Just For Fun

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:29 pm

MaximizedAction wrote:
Selim Bradley wrote:
There's a post in the main thread about it. Plus, since you use magic, which you are trained in, I think the double damage rule applies to you too. If not, Arian can correct us when he gets back. Joyful

Oh I saw the post. It gives the numbers and the description. But at the end it has a lot of constants (the team's stats) but only one variable: the enemy's strength.

The really complex part is: going through all possible combinations of teammembers to find out the best combination to deal the most damage. And that's not just one big formula, but actually a complex algorithm that has to be run every time a combat situation occurs.

...hm, in retrospect I think the idea of the forum RP is exactly this. If it were easy to find out the best combination at once, the game would be won pretty soon. So there's not harm if we don't deal the team's maximum damage every time?
Arian said he'll announce each enemies strength when we fight them, though maybe he can make an archive for enemies we will fight and update it so we don't have to scroll through pages of this thread. As for the combinations, that's what this thread is for: to formulate stradegies and tactics for every event, both combat and non-combat.

Do you have any suggestions for stradegies and tactics for us?
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Inheritances: Consequence - Conversation Thread - Just For Fun - Page 39 Empty Re: Inheritances: Consequence - Conversation Thread - Just For Fun

Post by MaximizedAction Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:49 pm

Selim Bradley wrote:
Arian said he'll announce each enemies strength when we fight them, though maybe he can make an archive for enemies we will fight and update it so we don't have to scroll through pages of this thread. As for the combinations, that's what this thread is for: to formulate stradegies and tactics for every event, both combat and non-combat.

Do you have any suggestions for strategies and tactics for us?

Having thought about what I tried to say with my post a bit more, it was basically:
Our only obligation is to not deal more damage than our stats allow.

I mean, I also don't play any RPG by trying to figure out how to play in the most efficient way. I try to have fun and not become depressed once I dealt less damage than I could've.

Look, this might seem obvious to y'all, but I'm currently discovering a new world. Smile

The sudden confusion just came from seeing how most of you already started posting and attacking and all. But I'm usually like that in most situations in life.

Anyhow, my strategy is, you guys attack, and I try to finish off potential survivors. Grin
MaximizedAction
MaximizedAction
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:54 pm

MaximizedAction wrote:
Selim Bradley wrote:

Do you have any suggestions for strategies and tactics for us?

Having thought about what I tried to say with my post a bit more, it was basically:
Our only obligation is to not deal more damage than our stats allow.

I mean, I also don't play any RPG by trying to figure out how to play in the most efficient way. I try to have fun and not become depressed once I dealt less damage than I could've.

Look, this might seem obvious to y'all, but I'm currently discovering a new world. Smile

The sudden confusion just came from seeing how most of you already started posting and attacking and all. But I'm usually like that in most situations in life.

Anyhow, my strategy is, you guys attack, and I try to finish off potential survivors. Grin
I know this is new to you. That's why I posted my response. Sorry if it came off condensending or anything like that. Uncertain

As for potential survivors, Coolio left three stunned and weakened ghouls so an AoE spell will finish them off. Have fun. Grin
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Fur28 Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:02 pm

posted

Fur28
Commando

Back to top Go down

Post by MaximizedAction Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:08 pm

Selim Bradley wrote:
I know this is new to you. That's why I posted my response. Sorry if it came off condensending or anything like that. Uncertain

As for potential survivors, Coolio left three stunned and weakened ghouls so an AoE spell will finish them off. Have fun. Grin

Nah, don't worry. You're one of the most polite folks here.

Yeah, I noticed that. And right now, I'm wondering about the following: Is the following statement correct:
I will only kill them if the ghouls strength minus Coolio's number of hits (in STR units) is smaller or equal to my possible number of hits (in STR units)?

Or is that too nitpicky for us?
MaximizedAction
MaximizedAction
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:14 pm

MaximizedAction wrote:
Selim Bradley wrote:

Nah, don't worry. You're one of the most polite folks here.

Yeah, I noticed that. And right now, I'm wondering about the following: Is the following statement correct:
I will only kill them if the ghouls strength minus Coolio's number of hits (in STR units) is smaller or equal to my possible number of hits (in STR units)?

Or is that too nitpicky for us?
You have just enough strength (from you using magic which you are skilled in so double damage per attack) to eliminate them, since they are close enough together for an AoE spell to hit them all.
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Arian Dynas Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:20 pm

OK, since I've explained it to max, but apparently I need to make it clear for everyone else;

Max (the mage) tells me what he wants to do, like "I wanna make the Ghouls fall in love with us." or "I want their skin to catch fire" or basically ANYTHING he can imagine (It must be nonspecific, no wishing for a Lightsaber, but he could ask for a beam of coloured light to cut them in half) and I make it happen.

Depending on how complex it is, I will attach a price, usually in pain.
Arian Dynas
Arian Dynas
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Arian Dynas Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:20 pm

Oh, and since you mentioned it, and I liked the idea; grats guys, you now have a Beastiary/Rogue's Gallery, waiting to be filled.
Arian Dynas
Arian Dynas
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by MaximizedAction Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:42 pm

Selim Bradley wrote:
You have just enough strength (from you using magic which you are skilled in so double damage per attack) to eliminate them, since they are close enough together for an AoE spell to hit them all.
Hm, looks like I got something wrong.

Looking at Coolio's and my characters I got that Coolio can 4 above average hits = 2 good (and 2 extra every other post) and I can do 4 average hits = 1 good. And that added together gives 3 good hits. However, three ghouls require 3 good hits and 2 average.

Where's my mistake?

Oh and thanks a lot for the help, I appreciate it and I do get that helping the noob with his nooby questions can certainly be tedious.
MaximizedAction
MaximizedAction
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:48 pm

MaximizedAction wrote:
Selim Bradley wrote:

Looking at Coolio's and my characters I got that Coolio can 4 above average hits = 2 good (and 2 extra every other post) and I can do 4 average hits = 1 good. And that added together gives 3 good hits. However, three ghouls require 3 good hits and 2 average.

Where's my mistake?

Oh and thanks a lot for the help, I appreciate it and I do get that helping the noob with his nooby questions can certainly be tedious.
You're right, I messed up the math. Sorry about that. Just direct your fire on one and kill it. I think INT or WIS should substitute STR for magic attacks, but that's Arian's call. Maybe ask him that next time he gets online.
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Fur28 Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:50 am

Ok Selim or Max convince Sandro of coming with us, you´re the carisma guys

Fur28
Commando

Back to top Go down

Post by MaximizedAction Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:52 am

Selim will likely have to do the check...once Arian provides it...we do wait for Arian to call for checks, right?
MaximizedAction
MaximizedAction
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Fur28 Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:54 am

MaximizedAction wrote:Selim will likely have to do the check...once Arian provides it...we do wait for Arian to call for checks, right?
yeah, and arian will tell the best way to convince him

Fur28
Commando

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:59 am

I say we stop posting for now. This is the perfect spot in this fight for Arian to enter an event since at least 2/3 of the group are after the main badguy ghoul.
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:01 am

Fur28 wrote:
MaximizedAction wrote:Selim will likely have to do the check...once Arian provides it...we do wait for Arian to call for checks, right?
The Ghoul King is already on our side, or at least as close as can be. He isn't going to eat us or the king's remains and is fighting those who want to so I think there's no need for it. However, as an NPC we cannot speak for the Ghoul King so we have to wait for Arian.
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Fur28 Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:04 am

Selim Bradley wrote:
Fur28 wrote:
The Ghoul King is already on our side, or at least as close as can be. He isn't going to eat us or the king's remains and is fighting those who want to so I think there's no need for it. However, as an NPC we cannot speak for the Ghoul King so we have to wait for Arian.
but i´ll try to help him atleast, i dont want any surprise that gets the Ghoul King dead

Fur28
Commando

Back to top Go down

Post by MaximizedAction Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:08 am

Once again folks, I need to bid my good night. I am sure you'll solve the shizzle out of this situation. :stick:

Good night and good luck!
MaximizedAction
MaximizedAction
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:10 am

Fur28 wrote:
Selim Bradley wrote:
Fur28 wrote:
but i´ll try to help him atleast, i dont want any surprise that gets the Ghoul King dead
That I agree with, especially because I believe he and Enrico are currently engaged in combat at the moment, fighting for the rulership of the ghouls.
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Arian Dynas Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:51 am

Selim Bradley wrote:
MaximizedAction wrote:
Selim Bradley wrote:

Where's my mistake?

You're right, I messed up the math. Sorry about that. Just direct your fire on one and kill it. I think INT or WIS should substitute STR for magic attacks, but that's Arian's call. Maybe ask him that next time he gets online.

Nah, I let him get by with as many low stats as he has since I made magic so powerful; he gets to make a check, which, if he succeeds, he feels some pain, but powers on through, and causes a suitably deletrious effect. At the moment he's planning on lighting up his staff, setting the skin of one of the ghouls on fire, and snap freezing another (in short, a REALLY bad case of frostbite).

And since I would feel terrible at him being left out, I an extending the combat for this event until tomorrow.

And, note for the future, I should have said how many ghouls there ARE. I think something on the line of 22 surrounding you lot should be fine.
Arian Dynas
Arian Dynas
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Arian Dynas Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:53 am

Fur28 wrote:

Nah, you don't have to wait for me for a check; you can post it here; we're on the honor system anyway.
Arian Dynas
Arian Dynas
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Arian Dynas Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:00 am

And since Max ain't here, but it IS in his post; I'ma just give him this one. Result is 13, lower than his INT of 18, so he's ok.
Arian Dynas
Arian Dynas
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:09 am

Arian Dynas wrote:

Nah, I let him get by with as many low stats as he has since I made magic so powerful; he gets to make a check, which, if he succeeds, he feels some pain, but powers on through, and causes a suitably deletrious effect. At the moment he's planning on lighting up his staff, setting the skin of one of the ghouls on fire, and snap freezing another (in short, a REALLY bad case of frostbite).

And since I would feel terrible at him being left out, I an extending the combat for this event until tomorrow.

And, note for the future, I should have said how many ghouls there ARE. I think something on the line of 22 surrounding you lot should be fine.
Thank you for explaining how you have magic work. Also, do you mean there are 22 enemy ghouls are left or that was their starting number?
I only ask because we eliminated 19 so far so if it was ever only 22 then there'd be none of the drama we are currently having because we could just dispatch the last three and not worry about the priest and remains.
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Arian Dynas Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:11 am

You slaughtered your way through 19 already?

Damn.

Uh, ok, make that 22 LEFT.
Arian Dynas
Arian Dynas
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Fur28 Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:12 am

Arian Dynas wrote:...

You slaughtered your way through 19 already?

Damn.

Uh, ok, make that 22 LEFT.
19? wow, we´re awesome :)

Fur28
Commando

Back to top Go down

Post by Arian Dynas Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:17 am

Alright, did the editiing; hopefully Max won't mind the slight liberties I took to one of his posts to do the things he wanted to do.
Arian Dynas
Arian Dynas
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next