Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

+10
CSSteele
Hanako Ikezawa
DSharrah
Rifneno
ericformans_sisterisdead
Byne
Maximus
symbowles
Dwailing
BRAVO543211
14 posters

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - Page 8 Empty Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Post by Rifneno Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:57 am

DSharrah wrote:Getting back to AOS...some interesting things going on this season, that are creating more questions than answers.  Apparently what Coulson has been carving is a map (at least that Skye's (which supposedly isn't her real name) guess)...I wonder what it is a map to (if Skye is right)?  Hope that they don't end up writing Coulson out of the series - cause it sure seems like that is what they are setting up.

I would be shocked if that was the case. As I understand it, one of the big reasons the series happened was because Coulson's death in the Avengers got a much, much bigger reaction from the fans than they expected given that Coulson was a relatively minor character at that point. The audience loving Coulson so much is a major part of why this show even exists. It'd be silly to write him off unless Clark Gregg refused to play him anymore, which would also be silly be on his part. Then again, Hugh Laurie did it, so who knows. It's not impossible, but neither is enjoying Dragon Age 2. It's just incredibly unlikely.

As for Skye and the map, if it is a map then I propose it's a star or planetary map. It's nothing but lines and circles. Don't know about the lines, but the circles makes sense for both planets and stars. Also, why the hell would (probably ancient) alien blood be giving maps to something on Earth rather than their own world(s)?

Lastly, Skye's father. I propose that he may be planning to betray Hydra from within. Think about it. What does he want more than anything? His daughter back. He genuinely seemed to care about her and he freaked out when she saw what he did, that he's a "monster." He seems to want her back as a loving father, not as simply some evil needs a tool. How does killing Coulson get him anything but his daughter's disdain? No, I think he wants to prove to her that he's not evil by helping her take down the real bad guys.

Whitehall said that Red Skull had his Tesseract and he has his Obelisk. What Whitehall doesn't know is that the Tesseract killed Red Skull. And the man whose toy the Obelisk is, a possible mole, is promising to tell Whitehall how to survive and use it. Mmm. Was that line a possible hint that the Obelisk will be Whitehall's eventual death? Speaking of interesting wording, "monster" was an interesting word for Skye's father. The last time I heard Marvel use that word was Loki refering to the Hulk. Banner is an excellent analogy for Skye's father if I'm correct. They both seem to only start going Destroyer of Worlds when people piss them off too much, and they try to stay calm and rational to avoid it whenever possible. Banner, obviously, is a far more extreme case. But the gist seems to be the same. I may even start calling him mini-Hulk until they give us a name.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:01 pm

Ward, you thundercunt.  As much as he claims to be changed, he's still the same old murdering prick.  I can understand an escape attempt, but he has the skills to get out of it without killing his guards.  There was no need to murder that guy.  I hope kill him with fire.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:45 am

Rifneno wrote:Ward, you thundercunt.  As much as he claims to be changed, he's still the same old murdering prick.  I can understand an escape attempt, but he has the skills to get out of it without killing his guards.  There was no need to murder that guy.  I hope kill him with fire.

The wierd thing is that they seem to be intent on setting him up as "neutral"...I mean he clearly isn't going to be an ally to the newly formed SHIELD. But I just don't see him running to HYDRA either. About the only thing that you seem to be able to count on for sure, is his obssession with Skye,
DSharrah
DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:51 am

Yeah, that wiped away any sympathy he may have garnered from those who hoped he would redeem himself.

I am curious why he says he won't lie to Skye, yet lies about his brother. We know that his brother's story about how Ward did what he did of his own volition has some merit since he was sent to juvenile hall by setting fire to his house while his younger brother was inside. Could this be a case of where Ward has deluded himself to the point where he believes his lies to be the truth?
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:42 pm

Seems like SHIELD at least won't have to act as a rogue operation anymore...it will be interesting to see how that affects the way Coulson runs things (and more specifically how he recruits).

Also I am curious if they are going to work Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch into AOS as part of the lead up to Age of Ultron.

And I am wondering how the "Agent Carter" mini series will flesh out the universe - and who we might see in it!
DSharrah
DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:51 pm

DSharrah wrote:Seems like SHIELD at least won't have to act as a rogue operation anymore...it will be interesting to see how that affects the way Coulson runs things (and more specifically how he recruits).
Good.  I was getting pretty sick of that storyline.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:19 am

Yes, that's right, Agents of SHIELD. Use that footage of Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare. Reassure the audience with "It's good for you." Rub it in my face that I royally suck at that game and consistently rank at the bottom of the score chart.

...like I didn't see that Fitz wasn't actually moving his Xbox controller in sync with the game footage.

Bastards.

AHEM.

So Ward dropped Strucker's name. Someone else dropped the names "Iron Man" and "Captain America". And I also noticed a "Believe in CAP")(tain America) mini-poster in Coulson's office. Reinforcing a buildup to Age of Ultron?
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Fur28 Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:08 am

Spoiler:

Fur28
Commando

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:25 am

ZerebusPrime wrote:Yes, that's right, Agents of SHIELD.  Use that footage of Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare.  Reassure the audience with "It's good for you."  Rub it in my face that I royally suck at that game and consistently rank at the bottom of the score chart.

...like I didn't see that Fitz wasn't actually moving his Xbox controller in sync with the game footage.

Bastards.
The game they were playing was Halo: The Master Chief Collection. Not Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare.
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:17 am

If you say so. I recognized the multiplayer maps I've died in so many times.
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:14 am

I thought it looked like Halo as well, but I wasn't paying much attention to the product placement.

Other than that, I thought this was a fantastic episode. Loved so much of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:55 am

I'm pretty sure the game they were playing is Holy Shit: I Can't Believe We're Arguing About Something So Stupid After So Much Plot Advancement Edition.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:05 pm

I'm not saying we should forgive Ward, but I am saying he knows how to shop for the perfect present.

Where was Skye's dad?  I hate to be the guy who told him he has to take the week off.  Probably pulled his spine out through his eye sockets.

Honestly?  I'm kind of let down on the big reveal of what the carvings were.

Also, why did psycho murderer dude get to live?  I wanted to see him die.  That woman died of the fucking pain.  Do you know how much pain it takes to kill someone?  That son of a bitch deserves to die.  Horribly.

P.S. He told Fitz that the shooter is good for him because it helps hand-eye coordination.  And, like virtually every video game ever, it does.  If that's something that Fitz damaged from his oxygen deprivation, then it is indeed good for him.  That shit last season with Coulson and clone dude talking about how CoD is awesome?  That was definitely product placement and advertising.  This?  I seriously doubt it.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:30 pm

Well it will be interesting to see how the "city" ties into the Marvel universe...my hope is that it ties into one of the movie franchises in a big way...perhaps, Galaxy of the Guardians 2?

And it looks like I was right about Ward - he is going to be a free agent, where his only apparent goal is convincing Skye that everything he has told her was earnest.
DSharrah
DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Fur28 Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:42 am

the mist and the cocoon: Skye's an Inhuman!

Fur28
Commando

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:40 am

I was underwhelmed with the death of Whitehall. It seemed they were setting him up for something bigger than that, but nope a single gunshot from Coulson does him in. At least Garrett was killed by the Tesseract weapon.

I'm sad Trip died though. I liked him.
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:02 pm

Hanako Ikezawa wrote:I was underwhelmed with the death of Whitehall. It seemed they were setting him up for something bigger than that, but nope a single gunshot from Coulson does him in. At least Garrett was killed by the Tesseract weapon.

I was disappointed we didn't get to see him rent asunder by mini-Hulk. I really don't think that sidearm was going to stop him.

Whether Mack or Triplet, seems like they were hell-bent on killing a black guy.

In other news, I haven't heard anything of the next episode... so I dug around and finally found that IMDB has the air dates for the whole season listed.

March. Goddamn. Third.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - Page 8 10748449214_a137cd3062
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:23 pm

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - Page 8 348162_v1
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:45 pm

Rifneno wrote:
Hanako Ikezawa wrote:I was underwhelmed with the death of Whitehall. It seemed they were setting him up for something bigger than that, but nope a single gunshot from Coulson does him in. At least Garrett was killed by the Tesseract weapon.

I was disappointed we didn't get to see him rent asunder by mini-Hulk.  I really don't think that sidearm was going to stop him.

Whether Mack or Triplet, seems like they were hell-bent on killing a black guy.

In other news, I haven't heard anything of the next episode... so I dug around and finally found that IMDB has the air dates for the whole season listed.

March. Goddamn. Third.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - Page 8 10748449214_a137cd3062
Yeah. Part of me was hoping that the after credit scene would be Whitehall crawling away but then Mini Hulk finds him, grabs him by the scruff of the neck, drags him off while it fades to black.

The delay is most likely so it is on during Age of Ultron so episodes are affected.
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:45 pm

Rifneno wrote:Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - Page 8 348162_v1
That's hilarious.
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by CSSteele Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:13 am

In other news Agent Carter is pretty neat, if a bit... ya know, retro. It is playing in the mean time, using SHIELD's timeslot.
CSSteele
CSSteele
Nemesis

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:52 pm

Wow, great episode. Maybe too much on the dramatics, but also the perfect time to have that dramatics. So many plot threads, yet also easy enough to follow them. I'm glad I stuck through this show; I only wish it was on a network that allowed more M/R rated content and topics.

I hope its only this season that's about the 'fall' (morally) of SHIELD and Season 3 instead is about the 'rise' to the New SHIELD. This darkness is getting a bit depressing at times lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:09 am

SwobyJ wrote:Wow, great episode. Maybe too much on the dramatics, but also the perfect time to have that dramatics. So many plot threads, yet also easy enough to follow them. I'm glad I stuck through this show; I only wish it was on a network that allowed more M/R rated content and topics.

I hope its only this season that's about the 'fall' (morally) of SHIELD and Season 3 instead is about the 'rise' to the New SHIELD. This darkness is getting a bit depressing at times lol.
Since we know that they are going to do the Civil War story in the next Captain America movie, I wouldn't be surprised if the rise of the new SHIELD will happen between Age of Ultron and then. For now I think they are going to be cleaning up HYDRA so that by Age of Ultron the Baron is all whose left head-wise and deal with the Inhumans a bit.
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:07 pm

The fake SHIELD pisses me off almost as much as Hydra did. "But teh sekrets!" From a bunch of assholes who've kept their organization's very existence a secret! You fucking hypocrites! "Coulson has no right to call his organization SHIELD!" So the guy Fury groomed to take his role and officially handed it to him has no right to call it SHIELD, but a random bunch of assholes who disobeyed a direct order and risked a bunch of WMD's getting into Hydra's hands does? You. Fucking. HYPOCRITES.

I notice that No Eyes has the faint imprint of goggles around where his eyes should be. Either this is some really lazy costuming effort or a hint at something else. Thoughts?
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Fur28 Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:57 am

Atleast they improved
Spoiler:
costume

Also less than a month for Age of Ultron, will the Inhumans be revealed to the world by then or until Civil War to be affected by the Superhuman Registration Act

Fur28
Commando

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum