Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

+37
ginner dave
Dr JaMiN
noobcannon
vlad78
MaximizedAction
southbeatz
Master Blaster
ElSuperGecko
ViolentSound
Steelcan
WeAreHarbinger
Byne
Sphenacodon
invetro
dmvoe_
epyonx3
Criddle
ZerebusPrime
Rankincountry
jojon2se
Eryri
Rifneno
paxxton
Terramine
Dwailing
Hanako Ikezawa
windsurfing
Raistlin Majere
TurianRebel212
OneWithTheAssassins
BRAVO543211
smash016
dorktainian
Jusseb
DoomsdayDevice
Ithurael
CoolioThane
41 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 31 Empty Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by OneWithTheAssassins Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:07 am

Rifneno wrote:snip
Oh Germany, you fucked up bastard you.
We still love you though Heart
OneWithTheAssassins
OneWithTheAssassins
Geth Hunter

Back to top Go down

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 31 Empty Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by Terramine Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:44 am

So if I'm being honest, if I personally was in the decision chamber I probably would've picked Control at face value. Like, if it was a legit choice or whatever. Or at least there was not as obvious of signs as the narrative laid out. There's the choice I would choose. Then there's the choice Shepard would choose.

My first and subsequent playthroughs, I was trying to go based on what Shepard would intend to do. But if it was me, and the choices were legit? You might think Synthesis? Nah. Now don't get me wrong Synthesis may be the most moral. Sure it's violating consent, but nobody dies. I'm not sure I can weigh someone's personal bias against being part machine, against even 1 life. But it's more just the selfish desire to attain a position of power. I mean fuck, I get to control the Reapers and sit upon a throne? I'm God, biatch.

But even from an indoctrination perspective... if there was a way out I'd obviously go with that. But if there was no way out... once again Control. Because at least, even if I'm being turned into a Reaper... at least I get the last laugh as I get to think of it positively and bluntly embrace it. In Synthesis you delude yourself into thinking you're a dead thing separate from the reapers and everyone else is separate from the reapers and in destroy you think you destroyed the Reapers... when you really didn't.

I mean Refuse is appealing because you die "free". But is that really free? Again, my will is not the same as Shepards. It's akin to TIM's, I have more of a desire to dominate them than anything as is. So even my freely willed choice, is Control.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:51 pm

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 31 TZOS8
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Fri May 01, 2015 1:37 am

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 31 P6rppwT
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Fri May 01, 2015 6:06 am

Rifneno wrote:LOL.  There's a bit in Age of Ultron where a character talks about fears, and talks about how scary giant cuttlefish are.

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 31 4ac75325e19a3ca32d5273adad46d62f
I thought of the Reapers too. Makes sense since Ultron operates on a similar line of thought as them.

Did you catch the part about using bright lights to lure inits prey? Sure they actually do that, but it also made me think of Control and Synthesis.
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Sat May 02, 2015 2:28 am

DoomsdayDevice wrote:(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 31 TZOS8
My MBTI type is ENTJ, the same as TIM's from a theoretical perspective. We're a lot alike archetypally.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by noobcannon Mon May 04, 2015 12:55 am

so what if the crucible had been successfully built before, and all it did was send the remaining organics of that cycle to another galaxy, far away from the reapers?......

edit: which is where the normandy was (jungle planet) at the end of me3.

edit: and the reapers send their new indoctrinated super shepard to that galaxy to hunt them down.

edit: and if shepard chose destroy at the end of me3 theres a chance of him breaking the indoctrination.

edit: because he's "the chosen one"

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 31 Ce9c949d6c73dbfb889f6036bac022dd
noobcannon
noobcannon
Geth Rocket Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Mon May 04, 2015 3:33 am

Yeah........................................no.
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Mon May 04, 2015 9:22 am

Sounds awesome to me. Sure it presents with all kinds of problems, though.
smash016
smash016
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Mon May 04, 2015 11:29 am

Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by OneWithTheAssassins Mon May 04, 2015 6:43 pm

OneWithTheAssassins
OneWithTheAssassins
Geth Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Mon May 04, 2015 7:06 pm

*yawn*
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Thu May 07, 2015 6:20 am

OneWithTheAssassins wrote:What a tease
https://twitter.com/GambleMike/status/594759158144065536
That is a very pretty shot of a sunrise.
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Thu May 07, 2015 7:30 am

looks like no ME at E3 either. Remind me why we all give a smeg.
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Thu May 07, 2015 8:31 am

dorktainian wrote:looks like no ME at E3 either.  Remind me why we all give a smeg.

Tolkien spent nearly two decades writing Lord of the Rings. Sometimes it takes a long time to finish a great story. Fortunately, we'll get it a few years earlier because Bioware doesn't have to write any stupid fucking hobbit songs.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by TurianRebel212 Thu May 07, 2015 7:51 pm

Mass Effect 4 is gonna be a lemon.

But then again..... The EA payoffs and marketing actually got many derptards to think Dragons Age Bugquisition was a good game and "Game of the Year" by many game "journalists".

So... Hey, anythings possible.

Mass Effect will have maybe 5 or so minutes at EA's E3 conference. EA is gonna really push Star Wars Battlefront. Hard. They think it can sell 10 million units. Which really, isn't very impressive considering that Battlefield 3 sold 17 million..... And even BattleFail 4 sold nearly 10 mill..... But EA is gonna put most of it's time and effort into Battlefront at E3 and of course their derpy ass football and soccer games. Of course.
TurianRebel212
TurianRebel212
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Thu May 07, 2015 8:17 pm

Rifneno wrote:
dorktainian wrote:looks like no ME at E3 either.  Remind me why we all give a smeg.

Tolkien spent nearly two decades writing Lord of the Rings.  Sometimes it takes a long time to finish a great story.  Fortunately, we'll get it a few years earlier because Bioware doesn't have to write any stupid fucking hobbit songs.

Don;t bet on it. I can almost see it now. Mass Effect 4 The Fellowship of Smeg. Mass Effect 5 The Two huge titties. Mass Effect 6. The return of Sheploo Baggins.
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Thu May 07, 2015 8:32 pm

I miss when the IT thread was a bastion of intelligent conversation...
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by TurianRebel212 Fri May 08, 2015 1:13 am

Rifneno wrote:I miss when the IT thread was a bastion of intelligent conversation...

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 31 C20447790fac4ad9999b16024a368617
TurianRebel212
TurianRebel212
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by OneWithTheAssassins Fri May 08, 2015 1:56 am

TurianRebel212 wrote:Mass Effect 4 is gonna be a lemon.

But then again..... The EA payoffs and marketing actually got many derptards to think Dragons Age Bugquisition was a good game and "Game of the Year" by many game "journalists".

Mass Effect will have maybe 5 or so minutes at EA's E3 conference. EA is gonna really push Star Wars Battlefront. Hard. They think it can sell 10 million units. Which really, isn't very impressive considering that Battlefield 3 sold 17 million..... And even BattleFail 4 sold nearly 10 mill..... But EA is gonna put most of it's time and effort into Battlefront at E3 and of course their derpy ass football and soccer games. Of course.
Seriously, what hard-core gamer cares about sports games?
OneWithTheAssassins
OneWithTheAssassins
Geth Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by OneWithTheAssassins Fri May 08, 2015 1:57 am

TurianRebel212 wrote:
Rifneno wrote:I miss when the IT thread was a bastion of intelligent conversation...

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 31 C20447790fac4ad9999b16024a368617
That was a LOOONG time ago...
OneWithTheAssassins
OneWithTheAssassins
Geth Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Fri May 08, 2015 2:29 am

OneWithTheAssassins wrote:That was a LOOONG time ago...

It sure was. :(
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by TurianRebel212 Fri May 08, 2015 4:41 am

OneWithTheAssassins wrote:
TurianRebel212 wrote:Mass Effect 4 is gonna be a lemon.

Seriously, what hard-core gamer cares about sports games?

Yeah, but EA only cares about money and Battlefield, Fifa and Madden are it's big money makers.

I agree tho, sports games are kinda fun every now and then and sometimes can be mildly addicting but I've never really considered them a gamers type of game. A madden or NBA2K or fifa or whatever, isn't really on the same level as say a hardcore RPG like Dark Souls or Divinity Original Sin or even BioWares latest titles, or a comp FPS like CS, Quake or even HALO. I mean... there can be great sports games, but.... They're not really, like you say, hardcore games.
TurianRebel212
TurianRebel212
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Dwailing Fri May 08, 2015 4:54 am

Rifneno wrote:
OneWithTheAssassins wrote:That was a LOOONG time ago...

It sure was.  :(

I remember those days... *stares off into horizon*
Dwailing
Dwailing
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Fri May 08, 2015 7:23 am

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 31 TxS5d
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next