Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

+34
dorktainian
CSSteele
Master Blaster
Terramine
smash016
Ithurael
HYR 2.1
Norlond
Rifneno
DoomsdayDevice
TurianRebel212
Eryri
ericformans_sisterisdead
Maximus
ZerebusPrime
vlad78
southbeatz
Dwailing
clennon8
Jusseb
Steelcan
Raistlin Majere
MaximizedAction
demersel
WeAreHarbinger
jojon2se
ElSuperGecko
Criddle
invetro
ViolentSound
noobcannon
DaniSaur
symbowles
Valsamon
38 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 31 Empty Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by Guest Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:19 am

jojon2se wrote:
SwobyJ wrote:...
3)Some weirdness (Scary Door) of ME3 campaign as-we-play-it not being what it seems, so Shepard would know about the ark but not OUR Shepard that was played as.

Virtual reality ark ship wierdness, you mean? Or something less specific on either side of the fourth wall?
Not necessarily anything specific - just something that would result in a Shepard saying this stuff while our ME3 experience remaining its own thing. I guess something like ME3 being a looping simulation inside what becomes the ark, while outside of it a Shepard is alive and well and ready to see an ark off. Or whatever. You get the main point. Sum it up as just 'mind trickery', is all I meant.

Back to top Go down

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 31 Empty Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by Rifneno Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:08 am

DoomsdayDevice wrote:The crucible is actually a massive drive of sorts, and hooked up to the Citadel is capable of making the trip to Andromeda? I mean, it is capable of releasing tremendous amounts of energy, right?

lulz

I really don't know what to make of this.

Trying to make sense of this?  Just hit your head against a brick wall until the tea party starts to make sense.  Keep going.  Then scientology will start to make sense.  Ignore the blood, keep hitting your head, ME:A will make sense shortly after that.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by TurianRebel212 Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:52 am

No Shepard no care. Only for multiplayer and a sort of perverse hopeful feeling of seeing more Frostbite lulz and bugs in games. That engine is hilariously broken. Every game. Every time. Part of the fun really.

But... Again, because LameWare have decided to not finish the fight so to speak, I could give 2 fucks about "Ryder"
(Which is a homo name BTW, Ryder... Dafuq kinda name is that for a guy...Ryder...What a fag!)

Ryder...

https://youtu.be/VrmKRbl9vXw
TurianRebel212
TurianRebel212
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAreHarbinger Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:12 pm

I can't wait for Mass Effect inquisition!! Seriously though, i may play the MP of this game but i'm so fucking done right now.

If Shepard is talking to the main protagonist, then.... how? (s)he is dead in 3/4 of the endings. If they left them a message then....why? I just.

SHEPARD...I CANT.... Chakwruuu
WeAreHarbinger
WeAreHarbinger
Blood Pack Boom-Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:18 pm

TurianRebel212 wrote:LameWare
I was trying to think of a new name for BW.  My first thought is "BileWare".  Bile sounds like bio, and everytime they open their mouths we turn into bile factories.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:43 pm

Someone on the BSN posted that he's already planning to give his character the first name "Dick"...

In spite of my self, I lol'd.

But as for desecrating the memory of Johnny Cash just to make a cheap "Ghost Ryder" pun... Synthesis!

Last edited by Eryri on Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eryri
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by TurianRebel212 Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:07 pm

Rifneno wrote:
TurianRebel212 wrote:LameWare
I was trying to think of a new name for BW.  My first thought is "BileWare".  Bile sounds like bio, and everytime they open their mouths we turn into bile factories.

Bileware...Has a nice ring to it.
TurianRebel212
TurianRebel212
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:36 am

have people forgotten the way bioderp tried to brush the ending controversy under the carpet? there's a ridiculous amount of fanboy bullshit surrounding N7 day and a trailer that pretty much tells us nothing, while borrowing lots of old stock footage of space launches and moon landings.

we're explorers? that is taking the fucking piss out of everyone that played the trilogy where there is no closure.

dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:09 am

dorktainian wrote:have people forgotten the way bioderp tried to brush the ending controversy under the carpet?  there's a ridiculous amount of fanboy bullshit surrounding N7 day and a trailer that pretty much tells us nothing, while borrowing lots of old stock footage of space launches and moon landings.  

we're explorers?  that is taking the fucking piss out of everyone that played the trilogy where there is no closure.

And people wonder why I'm a proud misanthrope.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by jojon2se Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:51 am

SwobyJ wrote:Not necessarily anything specific - just something that would result in a Shepard saying this stuff while our ME3 experience remaining its own thing. I guess something like ME3 being a looping simulation inside what becomes the ark, while outside of it a Shepard is alive and well and ready to see an ark off. Or whatever. You get the main point. Sum it up as just 'mind trickery', is all I meant.

G'duh... ME3; And me misreading it as the old ME4-all-a-delusion-in-simulation,-possibly-with-"dream"-actions-having-a-real-world-analog,-much-like-Shay's-story-in-ep1-of-Broken-Age scenario. :P

jojon2se
Nemesis

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:35 am

Rifneno wrote:
dorktainian wrote:have people forgotten the way bioderp tried to brush the ending controversy under the carpet?  there's a ridiculous amount of fanboy bullshit surrounding N7 day and a trailer that pretty much tells us nothing, while borrowing lots of old stock footage of space launches and moon landings.  

we're explorers?  that is taking the fucking piss out of everyone that played the trilogy where there is no closure.
I still wonder rif, you think you're clever but the fact is that stress, hate, anger, etc. All shorten your lifespan. Compassion, letting go, being hopeful, etc... all have evolutionary backage. Sure it can be irrational at times, but being suicidal seems even more irrational to me.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:38 am

Seriously though, if they aren't going to touch on what happened during the ME3 ending, we're left to assume that it's abiguous and /doesn't matter/. So you're telling me, that the way I should see it... is there is probably a milky way full of allegedly peaceful reapers? Because I mean... you know... the Reapers built the Citadel initially to harvest all life in the milky way... and now they sent Organics in said harvest machine to another Galaxy to colonize and conquer it? Yeah, not suspicious at all, nope.

Edit: This is my headcanon. We lost the Reaper war and now we're just tools to expand their harvest to multiple galaxies.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:53 am

Terramine wrote:
Rifneno wrote:

I still wonder rif, you think you're clever but the fact is that stress, hate, anger, etc. All shorten your lifespan. Compassion, letting go, being hopeful, etc... all have evolutionary backage. Sure it can be irrational at times, but being suicidal seems even more irrational to me.
(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 31 Nobull10_zpse8e41359
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:16 am

nevermind.
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:26 am

dorktainian wrote:nevermind.  
Dude, don't you know that holding stuff in is bad for you?  It's like gargling acid.  Why would you do that, man?  We're all friends here man.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:18 am

Rifneno wrote:
Terramine wrote:
Rifneno wrote:

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 31 Nobull10_zpse8e41359
That's actually pretty hilarious, I'm gonna have to like, do something with that.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:00 pm

Rifneno wrote:
Dude, don't you know that holding stuff in is bad for you?  It's like gargling acid.  Why would you do that, man?  We're all friends here man.

Exactly. My dad is the type who holds stuff in, and he's had more stomach ulcers than I could count. Better to let it all out.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:10 pm

DoomsdayDevice wrote:
Rifneno wrote:

Exactly. My dad is the type who holds stuff in, and he's had more stomach ulcers than I could count. Better to let it all out.

I'd like to think i'm a thoughtful person, if not youthful. I'm not getting any younger.

Thinking about mass effect 4 at the moment is really like smashing your head against a brick wall.... I'd rather not because after all it's only a game. A game that isn't even finished yet on a clusterfuck of a graphics engine with a writer who couldn't write as well as a 10 year old. I'm expecting the kind of fuck you that the ending of Mass Effect 3 if taken literally was. Why should anyone give that bunch of fuckwits another chance? They fucked ITers over big time by not backing us, and backing priestly the hutt who has all the personality of a fucking retarded retard, and who had a chip on his shoulder over the fact that we 'got it'.

N7 day? what a fucking joke.
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:12 pm

DoomsdayDevice wrote:
Rifneno wrote:

I don't know why they say "tourette's sufferer".  They're basically immortal because of it.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:15 pm

I can't stay negative.

I do try.

I really do.

It's just not in my nature.

Of course, this means I just get burned twice as badly...
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:24 pm

"We'll look back one last time" -- she's saying something like that, right? And a little more along those lines. And she only uses her Shepard voice, so it seems, at the very end of the clip. That is creating some anticipation for me.

But, how? Is there really a way to tie the trilogy to the cop-out bullshit that is the Andromeda galaxy?

I can see why they put in Hale just for N7 Day fan servicing, but how is this particular line to be read?

At this point, I'm just dying to get any kind of narrative link to the first three games, no matter how slight. Fuck me.
smash016
smash016
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:16 am

Isn't it literally required for them to explain why we came to Andromeda in the first place? I guess they could think of something that is unrelated to the ME3 ending.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:25 pm

Terramine wrote:Isn't it literally required for them to explain why we came to Andromeda in the first place? I guess they could think of something that is unrelated to the ME3 ending.

As long as the Ark ship is in fact a modified Citadel-Crucible as it appears to be, they'll be carrying with them a big honkin' piece of ME3 with them into Andromeda.

Otherwise, the potential for screwing over people wanting a little goddamned plot clarity is beyond enormous.
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by jojon2se Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:01 pm

smash016 wrote:"We'll look back one last time" -- she's saying something like that, right? And a little more along those lines. And she only uses her Shepard voice, so it seems, at the very end of the clip. That is creating some anticipation for me.

But, how? Is there really a way to tie the trilogy to the cop-out bullshit that is the Andromeda galaxy?

I can see why they put in Hale just for N7 Day fan servicing, but how is this particular line to be read?

At this point, I'm just dying to get any kind of narrative link to the first three games, no matter how slight. Fuck me.

Frankly, the whole speech, including the voice transition, sounds one huge meta: "passing the torch". (EDIT: "Hello, audience. We have some fond memories, you and we - keep them, but keep them filed away; It's time to let go. For tomorrow; Eat whatever new unfamiliar meal you are served. And now; Goodbye")

Worst case, I suppose you can do the pretending that your character believe they are exploring Andromeda, but in reality reaping the next cycle in the Milky way, being part of Shepinger. :P

jojon2se
Nemesis

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Blaster Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:27 pm

jojon2se wrote:
smash016 wrote:"We'll look back one last time" -- she's saying something like that, right? And a little more along those lines. And she only uses her Shepard voice, so it seems, at the very end of the clip. That is creating some anticipation for me.

Frankly, the whole speech, including the voice transition, sounds one huge meta: "passing the torch". (EDIT: "Hello, audience. We have some fond memories, you and we - keep them, but keep them filed away; It's time to let go. For tomorrow; Eat whatever new unfamiliar meal you are served. And now; Goodbye")

Worst case, I suppose you can do the pretending that your character believe they are exploring Andromeda, but in reality reaping the next cycle in the Milky way, being part of Shepinger. :P

Basically Fuck the trilogy, Use Shepard to milk money, Fuck story, fuck logic, Be like Mr. bay and have no fucks about the fans that care about the characters and overall meaning behind the name sake, and have the new fans eat it all up. Good Job Bileworm. You spread your new shit to the fans and worm you way into their incompetent minds.
Master Blaster
Master Blaster
Geth Prime

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next