Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Inheritances: Consequence - Conversation Thread - Just For Fun

+6
ThisOneIsPunny
MaximizedAction
RavenEyry
Hanako Ikezawa
estebanus
Arian Dynas
10 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Inheritances: Consequence - Conversation Thread - Just For Fun - Page 2 Empty Re: Inheritances: Consequence - Conversation Thread - Just For Fun

Post by RavenEyry Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:44 am

Looks a little more complicated than last time I did it. Stats on a forum? Madness! But I'm sure you know what you're doing.

I'm assuming we're not allowed to do anything Mr. Welch isn't.

Edit: Okay, I just rolled really good stats, I hope no one thinks I'm cheating.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Inheritances: Consequence - Conversation Thread - Just For Fun - Page 2 Empty Re: Inheritances: Consequence - Conversation Thread - Just For Fun

Post by Fur28 Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:48 am

Also i´ll get the dice by tomorrow, stores are closed at this hour where i live

Fur28
Commando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fur28 Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:49 am

Dammit have to go, first hour tomorrow i´ll create the character, i need the setting to help with details

Fur28
Commando

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolioThane Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:04 pm

Meh, my rolls were pretty good with one less so...I don't know whether to start the writing up until Arian's done the settings bit :P
CoolioThane
CoolioThane
Space Cow

http://www.achievementhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:11 pm

I actually got really good stats this time. I'll wait for the setting before creating the character though.

Last edited by Selim Bradley on Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:15 pm

Fur28 wrote: esta bien, mi buen amigo Arian
espero que no te importe, pero quiero ver si puedes burlarte de mi en español

Translation: Make fun of that :stick:

Su madre era un hámster y tu padre olía a bayas de saúco.
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by MaximizedAction Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:21 pm

Yeah, looks complicated indeed. But oh well, I'll try my best.

And yes, I did get a dice app for my phone. Because yes, I'm that much of a miserable person. I don't have actual dice. But that's fine, the randomize() argorithms are usually random enough to simulate nature.

Gonna create my character a bit later today.
MaximizedAction
MaximizedAction
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:51 pm

Well I've decided my character will be a ranger with a mastery over the quarterstaff that totally wasn't taught to him by a semi-mythic forest dwelling tribe. He will be called Ven. He will be blatantly based on a character from a series of novels I love. I want to see if anyone else has read them.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Arian Dynas Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:16 pm

RavenEyry wrote:Looks a little more complicated than last time I did it. Stats on a forum? Madness! But I'm sure you know what you're doing.

I'm assuming we're not allowed to do anything Mr. Welch isn't.

Edit: Okay, I just rolled really good stats, I hope no one thinks I'm cheating.

Yes, consider Mr. Welch an itemized list of things to avoid doing.

As for stats, the way this will work is your stats give you a basic idea of what your character is like, and it adds a bit of randomness if you want. You don't strictly need to use dice for it if you don't want to, you can find a random number generator somewhere and that should suffice.

As for complicated; well to be honest; I'm making up the rules as I go along, seeing what works, and what doesn't. I'm trying to make it a bit more... regimented than pure; "I do this this and this and the storyteller decides what happens." and more along the lines of things I didn't expect happening.

Trust me; this may very well be an adventure for all of us.
Arian Dynas
Arian Dynas
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:19 pm

In that case thinking of stats as good/mediocre/bad instead of discreet numbers may help. Although numbers determine that of course.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Arian Dynas Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:35 pm

RavenEyry wrote:In that case thinking of stats as good/mediocre/bad instead of discreet numbers may help. Although numbers determine that of course.

Well since you made me think about it, and it may be needed, let's go with that.

3, being the worst possible, means you are extremely bad;

3 in Strength means you have all the physicality of a limp noodle, 3 in dexterity means you are so clumsy you fall over lumps in the rug that aren't even there. 3 in constitution means your health is extremely fragile; see Raistlin Majere for a good example of this.

3 in intelligence means you are barely above animal intelligence, you can barely speak, and do so poorly. You are not literate. 3 in Wisdom means your connection to reality is tenuous at best, you likely have fugues where you stare blankly into space, or consistently make bad decisions. 3 in Charisma means you can barely assert yourself, or you are so unpleasant to be around, whether you be uncouth or merely ugly, that few would want to be in your presence.

Bad ranges from 4 to 9; use your own imagination for what that's like.

10 and 11 is average.

12-14 is above average.

15-17 is good.

18 is suprelative; you're a genius of some kind, your views on the universe seem prenatural, or your strength is herculean.

Still keep the stats written down somewhere, because I might come up with a use for them, but this should give you guys a general idea.
Arian Dynas
Arian Dynas
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:37 pm

Woo for above average at worst! Though it does fit with the character I'm basing him on, except maybe charisma.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Arian Dynas Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:03 pm

Everyone, I forgot to mention; don't get ahead of yourselves, wait until I have put up everything for the RP and then get to work on your characters.
Arian Dynas
Arian Dynas
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:06 pm

I've only written the basics. I can change it if rangers are completely different to D&D rangers or whatever.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolioThane Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:08 pm

Ooh, if Raven's using a ranger, does that mean I cannot

By ranger I was using the LotR, Gondorian ranger approach - like a stealthy archer kind of thing
CoolioThane
CoolioThane
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Arian Dynas Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:39 pm

Once I have classes up you guys can all go further about what you plan on doing. I think I've still got about 4 more posts before I'm done; one on classes, one on religions, philosophies and major organizations, one on actual using your stats and classes rules, and a last one detailing the little, important details about the campaign itself and how you guys are all involved.
Arian Dynas
Arian Dynas
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolioThane Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:49 pm

Sexy beasts
CoolioThane
CoolioThane
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Arian Dynas Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:53 pm

Eh?
Arian Dynas
Arian Dynas
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Arian Dynas Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:57 pm

Classes are up, working on the next post now.
Arian Dynas
Arian Dynas
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:14 pm

Dibs on "Expert"
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:17 pm

I do like the description of the expert. "I'm not a thief, I'm a professional"
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Arian Dynas Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:17 pm

Also, try to keep off topic discussion in this thread; if push comes to shove I can just rename it the OOC thread; but one of the things I am planning is for you guys to have inventories; and since you can all make use of the edit function, we'll make use of the thread I am working on right now as a place to keep character sheets, which I expect you guys to keep updated. I want to keep that thread for this as clean as possible (I'll make a seperate thread for posting).
Arian Dynas
Arian Dynas
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Arian Dynas Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:26 pm

RavenEyry wrote:I do like the description of the expert. "I'm not a thief, I'm a professional"

I figured you would.
Arian Dynas
Arian Dynas
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:28 pm

Arian Dynas wrote:
RavenEyry wrote:I do like the description of the expert. "I'm not a thief, I'm a professional"

I figured you would.
I would never play a common thief like a crow. Ravens have class.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:32 pm

RavenEyry wrote:
Arian Dynas wrote:

I figured you would.
I would never play a common thief like a crow. Ravens have class.
I totally thought of the Antivan Crows from Dragon Age when you said that.
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next