Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Was the permanent Lockdown a Hallucination?

+31
magnetite
SZKSYPCZE
RavenEyry
Arkio
clennon8
invetro
ThisOneIsPunny
draconian139
protognosis
Eryri
Efrath
GethJuggernautMKII
Allynna
Lokanaiya
DoomsdayDevice
Rankincountry
iPoohCupCakes
paxxton
dorktainian
Pascal219
Jusseb
solidsnake78
ElSuperGecko
Rosewind
FreewheelinDylan
Cecilia L
demersel
jojon2se
Andromidius
Humakt
MaximizedAction
35 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Was the permanent Lockdown a Hallucination? Empty Was the permanent Lockdown a Hallucination?

Post by MaximizedAction Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:12 pm

Sooo...is it all part of a bigger plan? It's a bit too sudden if you ask me. Just a slap in the face without warning.

I get that the thread became really long and off-topic, especially since the last few hundred pages. But we used to have at least one threat going about Shepard's possible indoctrination, and with that at leat one threat that contained an extensive amount of information for every user to see. Everyone could spot it instantly.

Now it got locked into a shed somewhere far out in the field.

And looking at all the lockdowns of more general threats on indoctrination it looks like BW doesn't want people to actively participate on the discussions. Since I don't think that they've all turned into nazis I guess there's a bigger picture there somewhere. Especially since it all came right in the beginning of the year we're all hope for a big reveal.

I say this looks very unreal.
MaximizedAction
MaximizedAction
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Was the permanent Lockdown a Hallucination? Empty Re: Was the permanent Lockdown a Hallucination?

Post by Humakt Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:18 pm

Yeah, it is curious considering that back in the summer they directed all the IT discussion to the megathread and locked the smaller threads.
Humakt
Humakt
Nightmare

http://www.celestialheavens.com/thundermaps/

Back to top Go down

Was the permanent Lockdown a Hallucination? Empty Re: Was the permanent Lockdown a Hallucination?

Post by Andromidius Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:02 pm

Not to mention similar threads are allowed to continue on. Waking Nightmare, Puzzle, Synthesis (puke), etc? All fine!

Heck, there's even non-Mass Effect related threads in there that haven't been locked!

Priestly sure is good at his job! [/sarcasm]
Andromidius
Andromidius
Admin

https://indoctrinationtheory.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Humakt Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:08 pm

I found their twitter messages most curious. Was this done on purpose to get a rise out of people?
Humakt
Humakt
Nightmare

http://www.celestialheavens.com/thundermaps/

Back to top Go down

Post by MaximizedAction Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:20 pm

Also, I think we're one of the very few to actually get banned out of the forum into discussion valley.
MaximizedAction
MaximizedAction
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by jojon2se Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:23 pm

Maybe Chris had the choice between closing down the thread, coming back from his vacation, or reading through the entire thing, start to finish, looking for violations... ;P

Heh, no, but however farfetched it is, I do carry a small hope that they are /trying/ to keep a low profile about the matter, in anticipation of something positive (...and do not trust us to keep anymore quiet than we do now, under any other circumstance).

I hardly feel that the IT thread has been particularly representative of the theory lately and do not think I would have been too keen on seeing new curious people seeking it out, in the state it was when it finished.

Last edited by jojon2se on Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : switched a preposition)

jojon2se
Nemesis

Back to top Go down

Post by demersel Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:41 pm

Ok, but why then not to lockdown it and ask us to open a new thread but this time keep it on topic? We did ask for a lockdown and a new thread since omega was released.
demersel
demersel
Battlemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jojon2se Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:52 pm

It would have seemed very reasonable.

The hopeful, probssibly self-delusional take, would be that, for the sake of impact and to leave the lands fallow and ready, they want it completely off the radar and half-forgotten for a time, before they drop the bomb, so to speak. :P

jojon2se
Nemesis

Back to top Go down

Post by demersel Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:59 pm

Yes that is the only explanation that comes to mind, but even this one is retarded. I it comes to mind only because i like the IT and i want it to be true, and choose to see a proof for it in everything.
demersel
demersel
Battlemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cecilia L Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:48 am

Same here. I want to believe the lockdown was because we are nearing the True Ending DLC. So I do.

Cecilia L
Pyjak

Back to top Go down

Post by FreewheelinDylan Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:38 am

I'm going to be the pessimist here.

My belief is that the devs have heard enough of anything ending related. In fact, they already have an epilogue DLC set and it is not IT related. It just so happens the IT thread was the most popular ending thread and that's why they shut it down. They're going to take the easy route here and throw out another shallow, meaningless conclusion that neither invalidates or validates IT. Doing so, they will avoid isolating any group (from buying ME4).

But the genocide of an entire fanbase is a long, slow process. By slowly closing off IT-related threads, they will slowly control the message boards by censoring the backlash and outrage directed towards them. Before we know it, all of our leaders will be removed and their Youtube videos taken down. Already, Sieval commands an army of literalists; mindless husks who cannot think outside of what is presented to them. By the time we will have realized this, the pro-ending/anti-IT crowd will use this moment to prey upon/insult the IT/anti-ending survivors and soon all we know will be destroyed.

Using the very same logic they created, Bioware hopes to preserve the ending by creating an unresolved ending. They will destroy their fanbase to make way for new fanbases.

We are only a few against an invasion fleet of billion$. We do not have the number$ to stall them. One by one, our members will forget and slowly move on.

Those of us left will serve as Vigils to the next great trilogy that passes along. And those of us who do live on to the next cycle will become angry, bitter avatars of revenge.
FreewheelinDylan
FreewheelinDylan
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosewind Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:55 am

Dramatic much?
Rosewind
Rosewind
Geth Rocket Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:16 am

Was the permanent Lockdown a Hallucination? Priestly_zps6d991cc9
ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by solidsnake78 Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:17 am

ElSuperGecko wrote:Was the permanent Lockdown a Hallucination? Priestly_zps6d991cc9

God I love those yo dawg memes. Something is wrong with me.
solidsnake78
solidsnake78
Combat Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by MaximizedAction Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:54 am

My bullshit-detector is off the charts. While they kept repeating that this has nothing to do with any DLC announcements and that the next one was still a few miles away, this just came out of nowhere.

And while I get that we've gone very offtopic from time to time, arguing that he should've closed it down earlier makes no sense whatsoever.

I wouldn't even dream of going into speculation mode if I hadn't experienced this amount of bullshit already 1 year ago. But as of now, this is anything but logic. First he defends us, then he kicks into the ghetto.

Yes, people change their minds, but people with responsibility and in certain positions -- and certainly professionals -- should've thought ahead. And I'm not even talking about it being *the* speculation thread on the BSN, and BW explicitly encouraging speculations by a mod dropping by here and then.

Last edited by MaximizedAction on Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:57 am; edited 2 times in total
MaximizedAction
MaximizedAction
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Jusseb Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:56 am

I still wonder why it's stickied, why not just lock it down and let it fade away?

No it's locked down, and standing on top. Staring at us, and we can't do nothing.
Jusseb
Jusseb
Geth Pyro

Back to top Go down

Post by jojon2se Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:23 pm

Leaving the hanged on public display, has been a fine tradition of friendly lifestyle advice, since the dark ages. :P

jojon2se
Nemesis

Back to top Go down

Post by Pascal219 Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:31 pm

Well if anything because this happened a lot of people are talking about IT again.
Pascal219
Pascal219
Combat Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by solidsnake78 Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:39 pm

jojon2se wrote:Leaving the hanged on public display, has been a fine tradition of friendly lifestyle advice, since the dark ages. :P

Thats exactly what I thought of, Pirates hanging. A warning sign.
solidsnake78
solidsnake78
Combat Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:42 pm

before CP did it... he bragged about doing something on twitter.
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by MaximizedAction Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:31 pm

dork wrote:before CP did it... he bragged about doing something on twitter.

You mean this tweet?
https://twitter.com/BioEvilChris/status/288341795912445953
"@JessicaMerizan SHHHH! Let them think we're asleep and then BAM we strike like a bandicoot of awesomeness!"

If so, keep in mind, he's "evil"! Twisted Evil
MaximizedAction
MaximizedAction
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by paxxton Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:36 pm

CP should stop using satanic symbolism in lockdown messages.

paxxton
Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:40 pm

BSN's Black Monday was our Thessia.

That makes Chris Priestly Kai Leng, not the Illusive Man.

And we alll know what eventually happened to Kai Leng...
ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by iPoohCupCakes Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:52 pm

Jusseb wrote:I still wonder why it's stickied, why not just lock it down and let it fade away?

No it's locked down, and standing on top. Staring at us, and we can't do nothing.
It has to mean something... unless it was just a douche bag move. I think this all has something to do with the upcoming DLC.
iPoohCupCakes
iPoohCupCakes
Drone

Back to top Go down

Post by Rankincountry Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:15 pm

I think it's one of the following:

1 - Ending-related content is afoot and we've sussed it out, or at least got close to the answer. To avoid spoiling it, the IT thread is shut down. CP pretends to be a nob to throw us off the scent.

2 - No ending related content is afoot and our discussion has run its course. To avoid off-topicness and bickering the IT thread is shut down. The shutdown is badly handled by CP who is, in fact, a nob.

Reason to be suspicious - discounted ME3 and the relatively cheap trilogy, plus forum controversy generates excitement ahead of mystery DLC release (we know it's big because all the writers are on it and devs are twittering about mysterious and complex game logic).
Rankincountry
Rankincountry
Nemesis

Location : Sunny Valley Rest Home for Burnt-Out Gamers, Karpyshyn Ward

http://www.flickr.com/photos/adrianprice74

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next