(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by windsurfing on Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:57 am

Terramine wrote:
windsurfing wrote:Casey Hudson has done a terrible job with ME3 marketing. A lot of lies were indeed tossed around trying to generate hype but coming to your claim that I.T is 1000% true, there couldn't be a more classic sweeping statement without concrete proof. *snip*
There is no such thing as concrete proof. There isn't even "concrete proof" of the theory of evolution and there never will be. There is EVIDENCE, evolution is FACT... but Something being fact, and it being proven, are 2 different things completely. Even if Bioware had from the start said "indoctrination theory is true" they could've been lying, it's the overwhelming evidence that makes it fact.

For that matter you don't seem to grasp that no matter what bioware ends up doing, Indoctrination was their intent. If their plans got fudged up, that doesn't mean the fudged up stuff is legit. It means we end up getting handed non-canonical bullshit. No matter what they do, it cannot outweigh the evidence.

Rofl

You seem to have mind reading powers to know exactly what Bioware has been upto, You'll have to do better than that to have any credibility when you make a case. You don't know anything more than anyone else in here, we are all speculating. Nothing is fact. The writers decide what story they want, not your speculation.

BTW Evolution is not fact it's just a widely accepted theory that still can't explain many findings that don't fit the model, as new finds come to light some theories are discarded for a new one. Just shows just how much you know, so before you go all arrogant in your own ignorance try to apply some critical thought.

Got to agree with DoomsdayDevice, you should try to understand what people are saying and apply a wee bit of critical thinking instead being a condescending, belligerent a-hole.
avatar
windsurfing
Scion

Posts : 629
Join date : 2013-01-19
Location : Restroom, Deck 2, SR2 Normandy

Back to top Go down

Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by windsurfing on Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:02 am

ViolentSound wrote:

Dont get me wrong I love video games, and RPG games and Open World Games. It just makes me so angry that they could do so much more yet they are  being stifled because of BS backroom dealings and corporate censorship.

End rant.

Don't know why Bioware felt the need to sell out to EA, were they in financial troubles? Or maybe it was just that EA waved some money that was too good for them to refuse, in that case it is once again shown that money can make people compromise their goals and 'artistic integrity' (mock intended). It's not like we haven't seen EA mess with good IPs in the fast.
avatar
windsurfing
Scion

Posts : 629
Join date : 2013-01-19
Location : Restroom, Deck 2, SR2 Normandy

Back to top Go down

Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by ViolentSound on Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:46 am

Ithurael wrote:
ViolentSound wrote:I'm still going to by the next ME. Shun me if you wish, but I really need to see what happends. xD just becuase my curiosity will kill me..so all I have to say to Bioware is Bring it on..I still love the ME universe. But, my biggest problem is if they do move completely away from reapers..they'll never be able to create a villain that's as terrifying and threatening as the reapers. They would need some galactic space god the size of a planet to make a more threatening villain. And that would be stupid af

Why would you or anyone buy a game or anything from a developer who blatantly lied to you, treated you like crap, and then acted like it was the fan's fault they were angry because..."Shepard Died"?. LOL I mean guys, your imaginations are great but your faith and dedication in bioware is...touching? What happens if the next ME is just a sidquel or AU? Will you buy that and then look for tiny bits of 'evidence' hinting at the reveal in the next game? Srsly?

I am so happy I never bought the DLC past Leviathan...and even that was ok at best. I may one day buy DA:!...if I see it on a massive sale with all the DLC included or I just pirate it. As for ME...lolnope. Bio blew it and botched it soooo damn badly that there is no point. An IT reveal at this point in time, even now, would be too late for me. Especially how they treated their fanbase and acted like they did nothing wrong at all.

Sry...I needed to vent


Becuase I choose too. Besides Id most likely pirate it anyway. Unless they put that Devuno on it. Also, pretty much all the publishers and developers are blatantly lying to you these days. Either the industry crashes and burns, and thats one way to stop it. Or, we deal with being lied too and try to sort through BS. Seriously. Its happening all the time. Dont act like Bioware is the only sinner


Last edited by ViolentSound on Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:58 am; edited 1 time in total

ViolentSound
Marauder

Posts : 265
Join date : 2013-01-30
Age : 23
Location : St.Louis,Missouri,USA

Back to top Go down

Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by ViolentSound on Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:52 am

windsurfing wrote:
ViolentSound wrote:

Dont get me wrong I love video games, and RPG games and Open World Games. It just makes me so angry that they could do so much more yet they are  being stifled because of BS backroom dealings and corporate censorship.

End rant.

Don't know why Bioware felt the need to sell out to EA, were they in financial troubles? Or maybe it was just that EA waved some money that was too good for them to refuse, in that case it is once again shown that money can make people compromise their goals and 'artistic integrity' (mock intended). It's not like we haven't seen EA mess with good IPs in the fast.

Im gonna go with financial trouble...Theres a lot the industry doesn't tell us. It sucks, I think the gaming Industry needs to be more transparent. Theres a larg portion of gamers that dont even know what goes into making  a game, where the costs go, etc. Honestly, I would rather have Devs sit down and actually talk like a developer and tell us the decisions they made, not PR bullshit. Biggest example, the whole 30 fps is more cinematic tripe thats being thrown around.

Its just covering up for the fact that the Xbox One and PS4 cant handle anything more intense Or they choose to sacrifice the frame rate for higher graphical fidelity. But ofc they cant say that, so they come up with some bs to positively spin it.

ViolentSound
Marauder

Posts : 265
Join date : 2013-01-30
Age : 23
Location : St.Louis,Missouri,USA

Back to top Go down

Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by windsurfing on Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:34 am

ViolentSound wrote:
Biggest example, the whole 30 fps is more cinematic tripe thats being thrown around.

Its just covering up for the fact that the Xbox One and PS4 cant handle anything more intense.

Games industry is a business, all business are less transparent. We have lobbyists in world governments pressing for regulations that give complete immunity to corporations. Regulatory change needs to come to stop this sort of trend.

As for the 30fps limit, 24 fps is actually the cinematic standard for sometime now. There are a lot of benefits from sticking to this 24 fps rate along with your choice of color tints/overlays. That "cinema feel" comes from the 24p and the color overlays they use when you compare to the same style of footage shot at 30 or 60 fps

Games however need more than 30 fps, preferably minimum 60p because most monitors are at 60 hz refresh rate minimum or if set higher needing even more fps from the GPU. Now we have Nvidia G-Sync and AMD Free-Sync tech in the industry designed to solve the issue of fixed refresh rates on monitors by having the GPU adapt the monitor refresh rate dynamically based on current frame rate output from the GPU. This tech makes the need for 30 or 60 fps not that important anymore. Of course you need to buy those monitors to start using that functionality on newer GPUs. 

30 fps works well when the amount of shot panning is less, so does 24p.

I worked on the PS4 chip at AMD, I can assure you the chip is more than capable for handling the eye candy and still render it at 60fps or even more. The XBOX chip has slightly less shader power compared to the PS4 as MS prioritized other areas of their console to take up real estate on the chip. It's really down to the studio to decide how much GPU power they would like to use for pre-processing rendering and save the rest for other areas of the games running like on the fly compute for physics, or other post-processing compute like ambient occlusion. It's a trade off trying to push a lot of eye candy and do it 30 fps or reduce the eye candy and aim for 60 fps. FPS games would be the ideal choice to reduce the eye candy and aim for pure frame rates while something like RPGs can get away with 30 fps as long as it is 30 fps consistently without any drop in fps in real time.

Consoles are long life cycle products, even when they are brand new and "next gen" they are not going to keep up with future desktop GPU advancements but that doesn't mean consoles don't have the power deliver very good eye candy at high frames/sec. MS is wasting quite a bit of SoC processing on their Kinect system. It's a trade off on just how much you want to put in as eye candy. Games can be made that look damn good yet don't tax the SoC. 3D engine efficiency, choice of post-processing etc are the ones that determine how much you can aim for in terms of final fps.

If a studio wants to stick to 30fps chances are they are trying to keep it balanced for both the XBONE and PS4 because the XBONE is wasting quite a bit for that kinect which most games don't need. They don't want to deliver a superior experience on the other console. Some PS4 exclusive titles will undoubtedly look way better than anything seen on XBONE, this will come as no surprise. If a studio wants to deliver the best visuals possible without wasting any GPU/CPU power then that can be done on both new gen consoles, PS4 happens to be slightly more powerful.
avatar
windsurfing
Scion

Posts : 629
Join date : 2013-01-19
Location : Restroom, Deck 2, SR2 Normandy

Back to top Go down

Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by OneWithTheAssassins on Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:40 am

I think I just discovered my favorite article about Mass Effect in general and it really dives into the ending in a way I didn't think about. I don't know how else to say it but, after reading this article, it's really given me peace at mind about the ending and the trilogy in general. Like I'm really finally ready to let go.
Just take a look and tell me what you think, I value his opinion on Mass Effect as he claims he's clocked in around a total of 369 hours into the series.
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/05/the-simple-lesson-i-learned-from-369-hours-of-mass-effect/

_________________
We will walk through the meadows and laugh at baby deer because we shot them.
Then we will massage ham and play slide whistles to our hearts content.
We will accuse jelly beans of being racist and then sing to the actor who plays Ronald McDonald while he's asleep.
Or we can get coffee, its whatever.
I want to smear you in green paint and spank you like a disobedient avocado.
avatar
OneWithTheAssassins
Geth Hunter

Posts : 301
Join date : 2013-01-08
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:45 am

OneWithTheAssassins wrote:I think I just discovered my favorite article about Mass Effect in general and it really dives into the ending in a way I didn't think about. I don't know how else to say it but, after reading this article, it's really given me peace at mind about the ending and the trilogy in general. Like I'm really finally ready to let go.
Just take a look and tell me what you think, I value his opinion on Mass Effect as he claims he's clocked in around a total of 369 hours into the series.
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/05/the-simple-lesson-i-learned-from-369-hours-of-mass-effect/
Only 369 hours? Tongue
avatar
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Posts : 3094
Join date : 2013-01-09

Back to top Go down

Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by windsurfing on Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:22 am

The author of the arstechnica article bought into the citadel DLC as a means for closure that alone made me say meh to the whole article. He misses the point when he says it's about the journey and not the ending. The journey we took is the reason why we care so much about the outcomes and what happens to our avatar and our squad mates. Citadel DLC is the endings done right?! Nope not even close.

The rest of the article is just stating the obvious, of course we get so attached to the characters because they are so well developed but trying to pitch a promotional line that Citadel DLC fixes everything and makes it alright is too transparent.
avatar
windsurfing
Scion

Posts : 629
Join date : 2013-01-19
Location : Restroom, Deck 2, SR2 Normandy

Back to top Go down

Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by dorktainian on Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:01 am

you lot might like this... I feel it says why ME3's ending is like WTF?

It's a quote from Ridley Scott in regards to 2 up and coming movies he may be directing. Prometheous 2 and Blade runner 2.

“I think the key is to keep the design in its place. Otherwise, it just kills the credibility of what you’re watching. An explosion that’s too big, you go “How did he survive that?” and you’re right out of the movie.

Kinda sums up ME3's ending for me in as far as we see explosions on a magnitude unimaginable, and yet we survive? WTF?


_________________
avatar
dorktainian
Sovereign

Posts : 3500
Join date : 2013-01-08
Age : 48

Back to top Go down

Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by ViolentSound on Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:14 am

windsurfing wrote:
ViolentSound wrote:
Biggest example, the whole 30 fps is more cinematic tripe thats being thrown around.

Its just covering up for the fact that the Xbox One and PS4 cant handle anything more intense.

Games industry is a business, all business are less transparent. We have lobbyists in world governments pressing for regulations that give complete immunity to corporations. Regulatory change needs to come to stop this sort of trend.

As for the 30fps limit, 24 fps is actually the cinematic standard for sometime now. There are a lot of benefits from sticking to this 24 fps rate along with your choice of color tints/overlays. That "cinema feel" comes from the 24p and the color overlays they use when you compare to the same style of footage shot at 30 or 60 fps

Games however need more than 30 fps, preferably minimum 60p because most monitors are at 60 hz refresh rate minimum or if set higher needing even more fps from the GPU. Now we have Nvidia G-Sync and AMD Free-Sync tech in the industry designed to solve the issue of fixed refresh rates on monitors by having the GPU adapt the monitor refresh rate dynamically based on current frame rate output from the GPU. This tech makes the need for 30 or 60 fps not that important anymore. Of course you need to buy those monitors to start using that functionality on newer GPUs. 

30 fps works well when the amount of shot panning is less, so does 24p.

I worked on the PS4 chip at AMD, I can assure you the chip is more than capable for handling the eye candy and still render it at 60fps or even more. The XBOX chip has slightly less shader power compared to the PS4 as MS prioritized other areas of their console to take up real estate on the chip. It's really down to the studio to decide how much GPU power they would like to use for pre-processing rendering and save the rest for other areas of the games running like on the fly compute for physics, or other post-processing compute like ambient occlusion. It's a trade off trying to push a lot of eye candy and do it 30 fps or reduce the eye candy and aim for 60 fps. FPS games would be the ideal choice to reduce the eye candy and aim for pure frame rates while something like RPGs can get away with 30 fps as long as it is 30 fps consistently without any drop in fps in real time.

Consoles are long life cycle products, even when they are brand new and "next gen" they are not going to keep up with future desktop GPU advancements but that doesn't mean consoles don't have the power deliver very good eye candy at high frames/sec. MS is wasting quite a bit of SoC processing on their Kinect system. It's a trade off on just how much you want to put in as eye candy. Games can be made that look damn good yet don't tax the SoC. 3D engine efficiency, choice of post-processing etc are the ones that determine how much you can aim for in terms of final fps.

If a studio wants to stick to 30fps chances are they are trying to keep it balanced for both the XBONE and PS4 because the XBONE is wasting quite a bit for that kinect which most games don't need. They don't want to deliver a superior experience on the other console. Some PS4 exclusive titles will undoubtedly look way better than anything seen on XBONE, this will come as no surprise. If a studio wants to deliver the best visuals possible without wasting any GPU/CPU power then that can be done on both new gen consoles, PS4 happens to be slightly more powerful.

Yeah, just find it annoying. Becuase I KNOW a game feels better at 60 fps, versus 30 fps. Ive experienced both. Its also just as simple as more means better. lol. Yet people eat it up like its the gospel handed down from jesus himself. Its PR bs to lie to you, to appease all parties but gamers.

Also, It would be nice if video games "New media" could be different from the underhandedness of old media. But I'm too Idealistic. Instead game companies can the the perferct example of corporate corruption in some cases.

ViolentSound
Marauder

Posts : 265
Join date : 2013-01-30
Age : 23
Location : St.Louis,Missouri,USA

Back to top Go down

Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by Terramine on Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:05 pm

windsurfing wrote:
Terramine wrote:
windsurfing wrote:Casey Hudson has done a terrible job with ME3 marketing. A lot of lies were indeed tossed around trying to generate hype but coming to your claim that I.T is 1000% true, there couldn't be a more classic sweeping statement without concrete proof. *snip*
There is no such thing as concrete proof. There isn't even "concrete proof" of the theory of evolution and there never will be. There is EVIDENCE, evolution is FACT... but Something being fact, and it being proven, are 2 different things completely. Even if Bioware had from the start said "indoctrination theory is true" they could've been lying, it's the overwhelming evidence that makes it fact.

For that matter you don't seem to grasp that no matter what bioware ends up doing, Indoctrination was their intent. If their plans got fudged up, that doesn't mean the fudged up stuff is legit. It means we end up getting handed non-canonical bullshit. No matter what they do, it cannot outweigh the evidence.

Rofl

You seem to have mind reading powers to know exactly what Bioware has been upto, You'll have to do better than that to have any credibility when you make a case. You don't know anything more than anyone else in here, we are all speculating. Nothing is fact. The writers decide what story they want, not your speculation.

BTW Evolution is not fact it's just a widely accepted theory that still can't explain many findings that don't fit the model, as new finds come to light some theories are discarded for a new one. Just shows just how much you know, so before you go all arrogant in your own ignorance try to apply some critical thought.

Got to agree with DoomsdayDevice, you should try to understand what people are saying and apply a wee bit of critical thinking instead being a condescending, belligerent a-hole.
Sorry but I'm going to have to set it up to 10,000... like, moar belligerent than y'all have ever seen. Because honestly, this is the dumbest fucking thing I have ever heard.

You just seriously... said... evolution... is "just a theory"... and not only that, but you're blatantly arguing against IT itself. Which isn't so much the problem, as it is... how the fuck are you even here if you don't know the deal by now? I've dropped out of fucking middle school, and even I know that the definition of a scientific theory is a predictive model made based purely on observational data. Gravity is a fucking theory. It's "just a theory". Germs? They're "just a theory". Aka FACTS. And I don't know what the fuck you could possibly mean, evolution fits what it explains 100%. If you're referring to the beginning of life, evolution is not even supposed to cover that. Evolution is the explanation of diversity in life, nothing less nothing more.

I just... I'm not going to even... you are just dumb. I don't have the time, nor is this the place, for me to talk about this shit. Go back to school, because they literally will teach you the FACT of evolution and why it's a FACT. Unless you live in texas, but then that would explain EVERYTHING about you.

_________________
Life is chaos itself. Organisms appear and evolve as a mere byproduct of thermodynamics.

Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

We are the Masters of the descended world!
avatar
Terramine
Destroyer

Posts : 2466
Join date : 2013-01-09
Age : 24
Location : USA

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by Terramine on Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:07 pm

The dude who denies IT and Evolution in the same post: Tells me to apply critical thought.

_________________
Life is chaos itself. Organisms appear and evolve as a mere byproduct of thermodynamics.

Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

We are the Masters of the descended world!
avatar
Terramine
Destroyer

Posts : 2466
Join date : 2013-01-09
Age : 24
Location : USA

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:56 pm

Yeah, I knew you were going to bite when I saw that.

Scientific theories are works in progress, but they're based on lots of data. That doesn't mean the theory of gravity (or evolution for that matter) could be false, just that some elements of it aren't exactly known, so theories are constantly tweaked as we gather more data.

But let's not have that debate here. This is how stuff gets derailed.

_________________
"A good leader is someone who values the life of his men over the success of the mission, but understands that sometimes the cost of failing a mission is higher than the cost of losing those men." - Anderson
avatar
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Posts : 2960
Join date : 2013-01-08
Location : Probing Uranus

Back to top Go down

Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by windsurfing on Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:54 am

Terramine wrote:
Sorry but I'm going to have to set it up to 10,000... like, moar belligerent than y'all have ever seen. Because honestly, this is the dumbest fucking thing I have ever heard.

You just seriously... said... evolution... is "just a theory"... and not only that, but you're blatantly arguing against IT itself. Which isn't so much the problem, as it is... how the fuck are you even here if you don't know the deal by now? I've dropped out of fucking middle school, and even I know that the definition of a scientific theory is a predictive model made based purely on observational data. Gravity is a fucking theory. It's "just a theory". Germs? They're "just a theory". Aka FACTS. And I don't know what the fuck you could possibly mean, evolution fits what it explains 100%. If you're referring to the beginning of life, evolution is not even supposed to cover that. Evolution is the explanation of diversity in life, nothing less nothing more.

I just... I'm not going to even... you are just dumb. I don't have the time, nor is this the place, for me to talk about this shit. Go back to school, because they literally will teach you the FACT of evolution and why it's a FACT. Unless you live in texas, but then that would explain EVERYTHING about you.

Rofl

You dropped out of middle school?, that's no surprise given the amount of nonsense you post in support of your claims apart from that major attitude issue that others have taken notice of well in advance.

Then there is your questioning why people are here if they don't expect I.T to be confirmed in the next games. The reason is simple, the theory is sound and may have well been the original intention for Bioware but we will never know if they decide to go another route with the story arc, maybe they never did have the idea and we started something with our imaginations when some of the lead writers/producers/execs had no respect for the IP's lore like fans do. After all you can start to see patterns in things even when they were not meant to be if you go looking for things, our biases play a big role in how we come to certain conclusions specially when you merely speculating.

Being in favor or being a supporter of a theory and being totally against it like the trolls at BSN are two different things. Your inability to comprehend the basic differences between the two is not surprising anymore now that you have confessed to something above.

I don't know you and never heard of you before, I am here because I know a couple of people from way back at BSN and we have had good discussions on this topic and will continue to do so regardless of what happens in the next game. Wink

While you are it you might want to look it up in every scholarly journal out there, it is always the "theory of evolution" not "fact of evolution"

Terramine wrote:The dude who denies IT and Evolution in the same post: Tells me to apply critical thought.


Hehe trying to put words in my mouth wont get you far. No where have I said I deny or oppose the theory of evolution. That's a theory that is widely accepted because of data that helps explains many things while it cant with certain anomalous findings. The fan theory of I.T is not the same, it mostly based on speculation with some sound data not to mention the fact the story and lore is the writer's prerogative, if they decide to change it no one can say it is not proper. What the writer chooses is canon whether player likes it or not. Your comparison of the Theory of Evolution to I.T was asinine to begin with.  Laughing

Anyway I'll leave it at that as this topic is about I.T and not the place to discuss the other subjects which are obviously beyond your grasp.


Last edited by windsurfing on Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:07 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : joining two posts)
avatar
windsurfing
Scion

Posts : 629
Join date : 2013-01-19
Location : Restroom, Deck 2, SR2 Normandy

Back to top Go down

Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by ViolentSound on Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:10 am

Dude..I've never seen so much back handiness and passive Aggressiveness in my life before these three posts above..I might have to stand up and applaud.

ViolentSound
Marauder

Posts : 265
Join date : 2013-01-30
Age : 23
Location : St.Louis,Missouri,USA

Back to top Go down

Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by smash016 on Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:27 am

Get some help, Terramine. Honestly.

_________________
"Refuse to believe life ends here. Too wasteful. Have more to offer. Mistakes to fix. Cannot end here. Could do so much more."
avatar
smash016
Scion

Posts : 642
Join date : 2014-03-25
Location : Everywhere at Once

Back to top Go down

Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by windsurfing on Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:21 am

Does anyone know the source of the "helping hand" concept art where Shepard's combat suited hand is shown to be giving someone else a hand? I recall it being talked about as Shepard helping himself to wake up.

Can't find that image in my quick search.
avatar
windsurfing
Scion

Posts : 629
Join date : 2013-01-19
Location : Restroom, Deck 2, SR2 Normandy

Back to top Go down

Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by dorktainian on Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:49 am



this one?

With the buildings... like clearly on earth?

_________________
avatar
dorktainian
Sovereign

Posts : 3500
Join date : 2013-01-08
Age : 48

Back to top Go down

Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by windsurfing on Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:19 am

Yeah that's the one. What search words did you use to find it? Whats the source, is it from Bioware or fanart?
avatar
windsurfing
Scion

Posts : 629
Join date : 2013-01-19
Location : Restroom, Deck 2, SR2 Normandy

Back to top Go down

Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by dorktainian on Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:25 am

windsurfing wrote:Yeah that's the one. What search words did you use to find it? Whats the source, is it from Bioware or fanart?

i found it on IGN, but as far as i can remember it was taken from the collectors edition...  Could be wrong as I didn't buy it.

also...

how similar is the background to this concept art of Vancouver?



_________________
avatar
dorktainian
Sovereign

Posts : 3500
Join date : 2013-01-08
Age : 48

Back to top Go down

Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by windsurfing on Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:33 am

dorktainian wrote:
i found it on IGN, but as far as i can remember it was taken from the collectors edition...  Could be wrong as I didn't buy it.

also...

how similar is the background to this concept art of Vancouver?

It's one the best piece of I.T cryptic art out there if it indeed came from the collectors edition i.e Bioware official.

EDIT: Yeah very similar.
avatar
windsurfing
Scion

Posts : 629
Join date : 2013-01-19
Location : Restroom, Deck 2, SR2 Normandy

Back to top Go down

Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by dorktainian on Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:51 am

windsurfing wrote:
dorktainian wrote:
i found it on IGN, but as far as i can remember it was taken from the collectors edition...  Could be wrong as I didn't buy it.

also...

how similar is the background to this concept art of Vancouver?

It's one the best piece of I.T cryptic art out there if it indeed came from the collectors edition i.e Bioware official.

EDIT: Yeah very similar.

and we still speculate......


_________________
avatar
dorktainian
Sovereign

Posts : 3500
Join date : 2013-01-08
Age : 48

Back to top Go down

Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by windsurfing on Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:18 pm

dorktainian wrote:

and we still speculate......


Unfortunately yes.

Curious thing, even though it does look like Vancouver shouldn't it look more like London since that's where we would expect Shepard to be in the rubble?

I forgot much of what I saw in game, I haven't played ME3 through to the end since my last complete play through was the EC DLC.
avatar
windsurfing
Scion

Posts : 629
Join date : 2013-01-19
Location : Restroom, Deck 2, SR2 Normandy

Back to top Go down

Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by dorktainian on Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:47 pm

windsurfing wrote:
dorktainian wrote:

and we still speculate......


Unfortunately yes.

Curious thing, even though it does look like Vancouver shouldn't it look more like London since that's where we would expect Shepard to be in the rubble?

I forgot much of what I saw in game, I haven't played ME3 through to the end since my last complete play through was the EC DLC.




Yep. The question is.... is he in London? IT is based on shepard being in the rubble during the beam run. Is Vancouver (after the reapers invade) an acceptable alternative? - as it would take IT back a lot further (but not reduce its overall relevance).

I dunno. I'm still saying london, but would not be surprised if he woke up in vancouver.

_________________
avatar
dorktainian
Sovereign

Posts : 3500
Join date : 2013-01-08
Age : 48

Back to top Go down

Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by Terramine on Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:21 pm

windsurfing wrote:You dropped out of middle school?, that's no surprise given the amount of nonsense you post in support of your claims apart from that major attitude issue that others have taken notice of well in advance.
Yet, if I'm oh so stupid. Then that makes you even more so. The whole POINT, is it's pretty dang bad someone like me has to "school" you on this shit.
windsurfing wrote:Then there is your questioning why people are here if they don't expect I.T to be confirmed in the next games. The reason is simple, the theory is sound and may have well been the original intention for Bioware but we will never know if they decide to go another route with the story arc, maybe they never did have the idea and we started something with our imaginations when some of the lead writers/producers/execs had no respect for the IP's lore like fans do. After all you can start to see patterns in things even when they were not meant to be if you go looking for things, our biases play a big role in how we come to certain conclusions specially when you merely speculating.
Bro... seriously. Of course we know, the evidence is OVERWHELMING. You can't seem to grasp this concept of if there is too much evidence for and too little evidence against... it's simply too much for you to disbelieve. This is the point where something is fact, because the sheer 1 sided nature of it determines that you can only rationally accept it.

If someone says they have a baseball behind their back, and you ask for them to prove it... and then they pull that baseball out from behind their back. It's FACT. This is what evolution is, and same for the Indoctrination Theory for that matter. We've forcefully pulled the baseball from out of the back of bioware.
windsurfing wrote:While you are it you might want to look it up in every scholarly journal out there, it is always the "theory of evolution" not "fact of evolution"
This is ignoring the fact, that scientists literally define Theory as fact. Their definition of Theory DESCRIBES what a fact is. Scientific Theory = Fact. It wouldn't be a theory if it wasn't fact, it would be a HYPOTHESIS.
windsurfing wrote:it cant with certain anomalous findings.
Name these findings, or shut up about it. They do not exist. All findings only support evolution, never going against it. If it was found to be otherwise, such evidence would overthrow everything else. It would outweigh the mountain of evidence supporting evolution. The fact that it stands as the accepted model today means this has never happened, or if it has, more research was done and alterations to the theory were made.
windsurfing wrote:The fan theory of I.T is not the same, it mostly based on speculation with some sound data
No, not some. The sheer overwhelming mountain makes it impossible to deny short of being irrational and ignoring the facts. I lurked the BSN back then, the theory was formulated using the scientific method. It's as accurate a predictive interpretation as you can get.
windsurfing wrote:not to mention the fact the story and lore is the writer's prerogative, if they decide to change it no one can say it is not proper.
But you must have a good reason to expect them to change it. All the evidence points towards an IT. Things are pretty hopeful. Yes, it might not happen. Just like reality might all be an illusion. But within the confines of our perspectives. We should expect a reveal or something to that effect.

_________________
Life is chaos itself. Organisms appear and evolve as a mere byproduct of thermodynamics.

Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

We are the Masters of the descended world!
avatar
Terramine
Destroyer

Posts : 2466
Join date : 2013-01-09
Age : 24
Location : USA

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum