Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

+34
dorktainian
CSSteele
Master Blaster
Terramine
smash016
Ithurael
HYR 2.1
Norlond
Rifneno
DoomsdayDevice
TurianRebel212
Eryri
ericformans_sisterisdead
Maximus
ZerebusPrime
vlad78
southbeatz
Dwailing
clennon8
Jusseb
Steelcan
Raistlin Majere
MaximizedAction
demersel
WeAreHarbinger
jojon2se
ElSuperGecko
Criddle
invetro
ViolentSound
noobcannon
DaniSaur
symbowles
Valsamon
38 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! Empty (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by Rifneno Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:27 pm

No.

No to everything.

They set the game in an entire other galaxy to avoid the endings. They're not going to such ridiculous lengths to avoid it and then make some kind of reveal. It's time to hang it up. We're not going to get a reveal. Ever. These cocksuckers just gave us a cliffhanger ending and they're never going to finish it because they think it's win them "respect as artists." It sucks, but that's the reality of the situation.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! Empty Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by WeAreHarbinger Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:39 pm

Rifneno wrote:No.

No to everything.

They set the game in an entire other galaxy to avoid the endings.  They're not going to such ridiculous lengths to avoid it and then make some kind of reveal.  It's time to hang it up.  We're not going to get a reveal.  Ever.  These cocksuckers just gave us a cliffhanger ending and they're never going to finish it because they think it's win them "respect as artists."  It sucks, but that's the reality of the situation.

QFT

As i said in a previous post, any sense and feel of Mass Effect was gone when i saw the trailer/teaser thing. With that gone any hope of a reveal was fizzled out.
They're gearing these new games towards a completely new audience, a new generation so they can pretend 3's ending never happened. Don't worry, i'm sure by the time we get to Mass Effect 6 they'll have fucked it up again for people to "speculate" then leave them open to inDERPretation Chakwruuu
WeAreHarbinger
WeAreHarbinger
Blood Pack Boom-Squad

Back to top Go down

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! Empty Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by dorktainian Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:53 pm

Rifneno wrote:No.

No to everything.

They set the game in an entire other galaxy to avoid the endings.  They're not going to such ridiculous lengths to avoid it and then make some kind of reveal.  It's time to hang it up.  We're not going to get a reveal.  Ever.  These cocksuckers just gave us a cliffhanger ending and they're never going to finish it because they think it's win them "respect as artists."  It sucks, but that's the reality of the situation.

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! F4e
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Blaster Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:26 pm

If this is the events after ME3 then there are only two endings that would make little sense. We can throw out synthesis and control since all that crap is just shit. Destroy is the most viable option since technology is damage, the galaxy is in ruins and we need a new place to call home. or Refuse (Yes i know) since Shepard said 'Fuck you and quite" and the 100 year harvest continued but as this happened the surviving citadel races , along with a few other races banded together to create "The Ark".

However given all the plot holes and everything else that happened at the end to which the EC blows all this out the window since you 'GET" epilogue slides which make no sense if Bioware is picking a canon ending, doing this after ME3 and simple leaving Shepard's fate unknown in the breath scene.

The Crucible being an ark projector of the sort make zero sense. The War assets we collected were meant for Targeting Reaper troops, the Reapers themselves and actually creating a rail gun of the sorts to kill the Reapers in multiple shots. It's almost impossible for this to happen since the waves at the end (Still makes no sense) already kill the Reapers in Destroy, thus limits the possibility of their return unless there were some off in other galaxies or in dark space.

There is also another problem. The Normandy. The Normandy was meant for covert operations and planet exploration in the past. Basically the Enterprise in a sense. SO we SHOULD so a retro fitted Normandy in this game SINCE it would only MAKE sense. The Normandy is fine and flew off into the stars (makes no sense how calm they are all acting)

Still think this is a reboot mainly and are basically saying 'It takes place after ME3' only to do lie about it and say it is a brand new story on it's own that has nothing to do with the first ME trilogy. We will put in some side winks, and comments in conversations about the past ME characters, and best moments but other than that, that is all.

My fear is they are pulling a Dragon Age 2. I fell as if this new character we will play as is Hawke in space. Just building Kirkwall "The new galaxy" and you must find a way to stop local bandits, lead your human brothers and sisters to find a new home, But you will uncover treasures, lost tech, AND make hard choices. (BS on that one) But just like DA;I nothing will matter. You will spend hours of grinding to get the best outcomes but yet all your assets will not get screen time, they are mainly one sided generic random common soldiers, Your character is being forced into this with having to HAVE a clear purpose from the start (Much like this character we will play as) since the main hero from the last game would automatically be the primary choice BUT fans don't want the same thing since they want NEW. However since Shepard's story was left 'UNFINISHED" in the right minds of the common sense people then it is more than reasonable to give Shepard one last game to tie up all loose ends and thus have the Reapers retreat to dark space, and then in the years to come travel to another galaxy now that the Reapers don't subject us to their paths.
Master Blaster
Master Blaster
Geth Prime

Back to top Go down

Post by symbowles Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:22 pm

Even though I half expected this...I'm so incredibly let down.

Hundreds of hours of game play over several years and three titles is all being reduced to nothing.

Bioware fucked up so bad that they have to move their series to a new galaxy. Think about that. That is a monumental fail.

We had a galaxy that was so rich in back story and lore. A wide variety of diverse alien cultures. Characters that were fleshed out and had personality. And that's all essentially being scrapped.

To me, there aren't many things worse than wasted potential. And that is exactly what Mass Effect has become. What a shame.

I really hope this new game is something good, but I just don't think I'll be able to play it without thinking back to what could have, and should have, been.
symbowles
symbowles
Geth Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by jojon2se Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:30 pm

WeAreHarbinger wrote:As i said in a previous post, any sense and feel of Mass Effect was gone when i saw the trailer/teaser thing. With that gone any hope of a reveal was fizzled out.
They're gearing these new games towards a completely new audience, a new generation so they can pretend 3's ending never happened. Don't worry, i'm sure by the time we get to Mass Effect 6 they'll have fucked it up again for people to "speculate" then leave them open to inDERPretation :chakwru:

Heh... That process began with ME2, for me. I have never felt more that Mass Effect has lost its way and abandoned one audience for another, than I did when I saw the bro-shooter-y "Take Back Earth" trailer for ME3 -- the actual game was a pleasant surprise after that - even the endings, relatively speaking.

Something about this new teaser, in contrast, gives me a bit of a "back-to-the-ME1-roots" vibe.
I guess having that outlook makes it easier to sustain the benefit of doubt a little longer. I am willing to wait and see what actually goes, and how deliberately misleading they are this time, and weigh the rationale behind everything.

jojon2se
Nemesis

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:47 pm

mass effect was fine till they fucked it up with ME3.
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:22 pm

Maybe we're not seeing the ship because he's onboard a Reaper. 3:)
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:30 pm

DoomsdayDevice wrote:Maybe we're not seeing the ship because he's onboard a Reaper. 3:)

Shocked
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by Jusseb Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:44 pm

DoomsdayDevice wrote:Maybe we're not seeing the ship because he's onboard a Reaper. 3:)

Jusseb
Jusseb
Geth Pyro

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:33 am

Yes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:16 am

Crucible blast like effect at the end of the trailer. 1:40

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! 2256171-blog_1

Mass Effect: Andromeda website is like looking out a (non-red) Reaper oculus/eye.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:41 am

Maybe this is just me being my usual cautiously optimistic self, but they can't jettison the entire established lore, let alone the ME3 ending, can they? If they are relocating to the Andromeda galaxy, they have to explain how they got there in the first place, and outside of a flagrant disregard for any sort of continuity (which I consider unlikely), I can't imagine how they'd do that without some reference to the Crucible and its actual effect.

That, and the very deliberate N7 branding and less-than-subtle allusions to Shepherd's persona (combined with the cryptic misdirection about who the PC actually is) suggest that our commander is not out of commission just yet.

Maybe I'm just overly hopeful at this point, but even if it's not exactly IT-confirmed, there are too many loose threads to abandon altogether...

Back to top Go down

Post by Valsamon Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:01 am

Been lurking for years, now seems the right time to get laughed at and/or get relegated permanently to the Scary Door...

The Ghost-Rider swipes through planet screens a la The Illusive Man in Mass effect 2.

In transisition from planet view to galactic map, there are strange grids of light behind the screen.

A point on the map says M70... which is in the Milky Way https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messier_70

He activates what looks like a communication panel on his omni-tool - why is that panel Collector General orange/brown?

Self assembling spires on the planet seem oddly familiar - exterior citadel, Mass Effect I per chance.

Why are we attacking Turians?
And if this is a new galaxy, why are there Turians to attack?

At the end of the video, Ghost-Rider stands in front of a circular graphic with 3 points on its edge.
Because that has never symbolized anything
(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! Dlnerr

Final stupid observation: the Andromeda Galaxy is named for the place in the sky where it's seen from Earth. Within the Andromeda constellation. The stars of which are in the Milky Way
*** insert Twilight Zone theme ***

Going off to start a full trilogy playthrough to hunt clues / shoot a Phaeston again.
A very big thank you to everyone that's posted here the last few years, and kept the dream/rage/pain alive for this lurking coward.
Valsamon
Valsamon
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:05 am

affraid

I realise that you're probably joking, but I'm not going to lie, that thought made me nerd-out a little. (Please be Harbinger, please be Harbinger... )

(Ok, deep breath. Attempting to temper enthusiasm with reality)

The N7 was able to pick a destination and go there instantly, with no obvious reference to a Human pilot. It does seem that some sort of AI is involved. But maybe that ship's version of EDI is just highly trusted and given a lot of responsibility? Also, would a Reaper tolerate being given orders by an indoctrinated minion?

@ Valsamon Welcome to the Forum!
Eryri
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:14 am

SD:

Spoiler:

Anything else about this is going into Scary Door itself. Treat this as fanfic if you'd like, its whatever  jocolor

Last edited by SwobyJ on Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:25 am; edited 5 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by noobcannon Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:18 am

RebelRising wrote:Maybe this is just me being my usual cautiously optimistic self, but they can't jettison the entire established lore, let alone the ME3 ending, can they? If they are relocating to the Andromeda galaxy, they have to explain how they got there in the first place, and outside of a flagrant disregard for any sort of continuity (which I consider unlikely), I can't imagine how they'd do that without some reference to the Crucible and its actual effect.

That, and the very deliberate N7 branding and less-than-subtle allusions to Shepherd's persona (combined with the cryptic misdirection about who the PC actually is) suggest that our commander is not out of commission just yet.

Maybe I'm just overly hopeful at this point, but even if it's not exactly IT-confirmed, there are too many loose threads to abandon altogether...

i think they almost have to move the story to another galaxy, at least temporarily. if there is ever going to be a reveal for IT, wouldn't it be spoiled immediately if we were still in the milky way?
noobcannon
noobcannon
Geth Rocket Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by noobcannon Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:36 am

HARBINGER....
noobcannon
noobcannon
Geth Rocket Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:01 am

@ Swoby

Whoa!

Spoiler:

If when this game comes out, and we really are in Andromeda, hundreds of years later, for some stupid-ass reason like overpopulation in the Milky Way, then that burning sensation you  may feel in your ears will be due to a bloke across the Atlantic, cursing you for raising his hopes. Angry Fistwave Wink
Eryri
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:28 am

Eryri wrote:@ Swoby

Whoa!

Spoiler:

If when this game comes out, and we really are in Andromeda, hundreds of years later, for some stupid-ass reason like overpopulation in the Milky Way, then that burning sensation you  may feel in your ears will be due to a bloke across the Atlantic, cursing you for raising his hopes. Angry Fistwave Wink

Yeah, Fridge Horror is actually what I was going for. Of course, Bioware always balances its horror with humor - making (if I'm right at all about the big stuff here) this teaser trailer already a fun taste of things to come. Friggin Cash. Haha.

Sorry for raising hopes. Always the risk with this sort of speculation. Its not new stuff for me though, given my Scary Door threads. Its just frustrating that while this teaser trailer is still almost exactly the sort of thing I expected to match my previous speculations, it also could still just as well be what you said - something stupid like Milky Way being overpopulated hahaha. We'll still have to wait and see. More conventions, N7 Day, and E3 2016. Sigh.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:38 am

You guys are right (except Swoby, you cray-cray), there's a ton of Shepard and Reaper references in the trailer.

But. Are those references there because Shepard and the Reapers will appear in the game, or because EA wants you to think they might and buy the game hoping to see them? Given that they abandoned the entire fucking galaxy, my money is most assuredly on the latter.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:16 am

but in IT the crucible never fired.... it's fucking bullshit.
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by jojon2se Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:53 pm

Valsamon wrote:A point on the map says M70... which is in the Milky Way https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messier_70

Aha, good eye; I was trying to spot some indication like that - good observations all 'round. :)

Rifneno wrote:...(except Swoby, you cray-cray)...

Aww, that sounded almost lovingly, this time. :9

dorktainian wrote:but in IT the crucible never fired....  it's fucking bullshit.

I'm thinking there may be a point of confrontation in ME4, that takes us back to what actually went down (in gameplay form), no matter how "long after" the new game takes place.

I just want to, not so much remind, because I know everybody knows, but maybe "reaffirm", the pattern of misdirection by omission, that has been used in previous Mass Effect teasers (probably by some maniacally giggling editor).
The ME2 one built up to Shepard's "deceased" status, culminating with a Geth in scraps of N7 armour. Both correct, right out of what ME2 turned out, but lacking context.
The ME3 one never even mentioned Mass Effect (EDIT: ...in or out of the teaser - BW were happy to leave you wondering whether it was an entirely new IP, or pre-trilogy spinoff), being an edition of the later London trailer, with any shots of Reapers etc (EDIT2: ...and even just any futuristic elements) carefully trimmed out -- the only direct allusion was the equipment used by the clocktower sniper - otherwise ít could have been any apocalyptic war game (EDIT2: Pretty sure I recall the narration was like right out of some zombie feature intro, too).

Last edited by jojon2se on Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

jojon2se
Nemesis

Back to top Go down

Post by demersel Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:33 pm

Hello everyone.

I just want to point out this little thingy - the shape of the HUD overlay on the new website

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! Andro310

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! Maxresdefault

it is as though we're looking at the galaxy through the reaper eye or something.

Oh and the towering structures rising from the desert in the trailer look kinda like the tech from Shadow Broker's ship, both the lighning capacitors and the shfting panels.

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! Andr0111
(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! 72740_900
(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! Andro211
(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! 74665_900

Of course this could all just be generic sci-fi techy thingy, but seems kinda specific still.
demersel
demersel
Battlemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAreHarbinger Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:46 pm

I thought they looked like a merger of the shadow broker capacitors and Prothean architecture, like we see in From Ashes on Eden Prime. So it's probably just reused assets/design because they had them laying around.
WeAreHarbinger
WeAreHarbinger
Blood Pack Boom-Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next