Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

+34
dorktainian
CSSteele
Master Blaster
Terramine
smash016
Ithurael
HYR 2.1
Norlond
Rifneno
DoomsdayDevice
TurianRebel212
Eryri
ericformans_sisterisdead
Maximus
ZerebusPrime
vlad78
southbeatz
Dwailing
clennon8
Jusseb
Steelcan
Raistlin Majere
MaximizedAction
demersel
WeAreHarbinger
jojon2se
ElSuperGecko
Criddle
invetro
ViolentSound
noobcannon
DaniSaur
symbowles
Valsamon
38 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 40 Empty Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by dorktainian Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:13 am

this game is gunna suck ass.....
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 40 Empty Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by WeAreHarbinger Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:20 am

I remember the good old days of being hyped when anything Mass Effect was announced, even something as small as character renders. Now i just feel nothing.

I still play ME 3 MP and honestly i wish they'd just turn the game into that now, it's the one thing i still enjoy about the game..i never touch the story. I'm over the story, i'm over the hype. Delay or not i feel if we ever see ME: A it may be the last from the ME series.
WeAreHarbinger
WeAreHarbinger
Blood Pack Boom-Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:54 am

SwobyJ wrote:Easy Rif

Is this another case of you imagining antagonism where there is none? Like that time you came in to chat, asked if anyone wanted to hear MEA rumors, and after everyone politely said no you stomped out in a huff and never came back?

Just because you're gay doesn't mean you always have to be butthurt.

dorktainian wrote:this game is gunna suck ass.....

On this we can agree.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:40 pm

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 40 Tony-Stark-Eyeroll_zpsabp3ygjg

Swoby deleted his account.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:44 am

That's just sad.

Bit of a "sinking ship" thing, though, I guess.
smash016
smash016
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:40 pm

That's a shame. I hope Swoby reconsiders leaving.
Eryri
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:19 am

Someone else left the ME:A team. I have no idea who is. She's leaving the games industry in general which sounds like it's a personal decision and nothing to do with ME:A or BW. But there you have it.

I'd be concerned if I cared more about ME:A than I do about SJW's feelings, but fortunately...
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Blaster Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:50 pm

ZerebusPrime wrote:I think we all saw the delay coming.  It's not much of a delay, though.  It's an EA style delay.  An "Oops, we've got to rework major sections of the story and hire new writers... take an extra three weeks!" delay.

I exaggerate, but not a whole lot.

Pretty Much.
Master Blaster
Master Blaster
Geth Prime

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:22 pm

Some stupid asshole wrote:Once we find out the true nature of the Reapers, the fact that we've been killing them stops being awesome and starts being horrifying. Each Reaper contains the genetic code, the sum knowledge, the history of a race of Precursors who were harvested in a previous cycle. Whenever you kill one, you are wiping out the last vestiges of said race, completing the xenocide that the Reapers started. This is especially emphasized by the Control ending, where Shepard begins utilizing the Sufficiently Advanced Technology of countless cycles to benefit the galaxy. What about the knowledge that Sovereign contained? The secrets known only to the mini-Reapers you fought on Tuchanka and Rannoch? Lost Forever.

I wish I lived in a world where you could punch someone in the face over the Internet.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:04 pm

Rifneno wrote:
Some stupid asshole wrote:Once we find out the true nature of the Reapers, the fact that we've been killing them stops being awesome and starts being horrifying. Each Reaper contains the genetic code, the sum knowledge, the history of a race of Precursors who were harvested in a previous cycle. Whenever you kill one, you are wiping out the last vestiges of said race, completing the xenocide that the Reapers started. This is especially emphasized by the Control ending, where Shepard begins utilizing the Sufficiently Advanced Technology of countless cycles to benefit the galaxy. What about the knowledge that Sovereign contained? The secrets known only to the mini-Reapers you fought on Tuchanka and Rannoch? Lost Forever.

I wish I lived in a world where you could punch someone in the face over the Internet.

I am pretty sure if any strain of self remains in the people harvested into a Reaper, a stretch off the most extreme to begin with, they would see the death of the Reaper, and by extension themselves, as a blessing.

Also I doubt the Reapers will fucking share anything with anyone even if they did have the knowledge...and considering the arrogance of the Reapers I doubt they even took notes. Not even mentioning that the most important technology is all developed "along the paths that we desire," to quote them.

Yeah this is stupid and I just wanted to vent on some stupidity.
Raistlin Majere
Raistlin Majere
N7

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:12 am

Rifneno wrote:

That would certainly allow an interesting answer to that George Carlin quip about "I insulted you. So what?" And Net Neutrality would be all about making sure everyone can hit and get hit just as hard as anyone else... and don't get me started about distributed botnet attacks.

Yes, I know what you really meant. I can't fathom anyone trusting anything about the Reapers at this stage of the story. They're evil. They REALLY ARE THAT BAD. Wanna see someone they helped with their knowledge? The Geth. Enslaved by Reaper Code, important collective memories locked away, judgement paradigms altered to favor Reaper thinking. They were advanced, surely, but only to make them more useful to the Reapers as indoctrinated servants You know, because the Collectors would be dismissed as a good example because reasons.

"But Shepard has CONTROL of the Reapers!"

Yeah. *snort* Sure he does.
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by TurianRebel212 Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:11 pm

EA delayed Mass Effect because they didn't want it to compete with BF5. BF5 is coming out in late October, EA is going to turn around and release ME4 in March, just like they did with ME3.

ME3 was originally intended for a September 2011 release but BF3 came out in October 2011.So EA moved it back to March of 2012.

EA never competes it's other IP's it owns against its number 1 Franchise, Battlefield. BF4 despite being utter trash for nearly a year after release,  still managed to sell 10 million units it's first month of release lol.

BF3 is the best selling EA game of all time, BF4 is second.

So it will go-

Battlefield 5, October probably 3rd week of Oct, 2016

Mass Effect Andromeda, March maybe April of 2017

Last edited by TurianRebel212 on Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
TurianRebel212
TurianRebel212
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:31 pm

What's the planned release date for ME:A anyway? I don't even have an idea. Somewhere in 2017?

EDIT: Wait, what? It's set for March/April this year? Shocked WTF happened? Last I remembered it was still years away....

You sure, TR? Surely 2016 can't be right.

Also, I'm pretty sure 2015 already happened. Are we in the same universe? Or is this a forum in the Twilight Zone?
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by TurianRebel212 Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:09 pm

DoomsdayDevice wrote:What's the planned release date for ME:A anyway? I don't even have an idea. Somewhere in 2017?

EDIT: Wait, what? It's set for March/April this year? Shocked WTF happened? Last I remembered it was still years away....

You sure, TR? Surely 2016 can't be right.

Also, I'm pretty sure 2015 already happened. Are we in the same universe? Or is this a forum in the Twilight Zone?

My bad bro I was a year off on both. I edited it. But to clarify.

-Battlefield 5 October 2016.

-Mass Effect Andromeda March/April 2017.
TurianRebel212
TurianRebel212
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:47 am

Ah, had me totally confused there, haha.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:10 pm

Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40