Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literalists say the darndest things

+47
FreewheelinDylan
applepie_svk
zninjazero
noobcannon
Veridiano02
JamesStone
HYR 2.1
sandman2190
401 Kill
Rankincountry
leafs43
richie21
BatmanTurian
lex0r
Nightvayne
AxStapleton
demersel
invetro
DSharrah
Cyberfrog
Arian Dynas
Arkio
Hanako Ikezawa
Master Blaster
Starscream
umadcommander
BleedingUranium
DoomsdayDevice
Hrothdane
clennon8
skillz1986
Eryri
shadowsenshi
Allynna
Rifneno
Andromidius
magnetite
Steelcan
draconian139
ElSuperGecko
Restrider
Raistlin Majere
GethJuggernautMKII
dorktainian
Fur28
Norlond
RavenEyry
51 posters

Page 13 of 19 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next

Go down

Literalists say the darndest things - Page 13 Empty Re: Literalists say the darndest things

Post by Andromidius Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:37 pm

Slammed.
Andromidius
Andromidius
Admin

https://indoctrinationtheory.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Literalists say the darndest things - Page 13 Empty Re: Literalists say the darndest things

Post by DoomsdayDevice Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:06 pm

Damn right.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Rankincountry Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:17 pm

And my nomination for the prestigious BSN Plonker of the Week Award goes, after much deliberation to BirdsallSA. Whilst competition was intense, three world-beatingly idiotic posts in this (sadly deceased) BSN thread made him stand out like the special little snowflake that he is:

BirdsallSA wrote:Haven't you heard the mod's warnings? Or are you intentionally trying to defy Bioware? The Indoctrination Theory is to be discussed in groups. Or you can go join the cult's web forum if you need to discuss it so much. But, don't taint the bsn with this nonsense. The ending is perfect just the way it is and doesn't need some run of the mill twist.

BirdsallSA wrote:I think if we had more Seivals in the world instead of a bunch of rebels without a cause, the world would be a better place.

BirdsallSA wrote:I've seen several of [Seival's posts]. He's a reovolutionary.

Seriously, this guy is comedy gold. lol!
Rankincountry
Rankincountry
Nemesis

Location : Sunny Valley Rest Home for Burnt-Out Gamers, Karpyshyn Ward

http://www.flickr.com/photos/adrianprice74

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:26 pm

Ah yes, we're tainting the BSN by daring to say good things about ME3. How dare we.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:27 pm

"ending is perfect" , "run of the mill twist" Laughing

At least it is easy to identify the ones who did not:

1: Pay attention to the themes of the games.
2: Actually read up on the theory.
Raistlin Majere
Raistlin Majere
N7

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:36 pm

Literalists say the darndest things - Page 13 LOLLiteralist_zps644d379d
ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by GethJuggernautMKII Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:58 pm

I swear the terms cult and 'Occam's Razor get used so often by those mouth breathing retards. I tend to skip posts that have those terms in them. I guarantee the idiot using them has no idea what they mean nor does he have anything intelligent to say.
GethJuggernautMKII
GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:11 pm

Indeed. Occam's Razor is a LOL rebuttal. Cannot be applied to a work of fiction, especially one where the writer is DELIBERATELY inserting subtle references and material.

The people mentioning things like Occam's Razor, scientific evidence etc are making themselves look stupid by trying to be clever. Simple as that.
ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by GethJuggernautMKII Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:20 pm

If Occam's razor was forcibly applied to Mass Effect's story, it would have to take into account the lore and the themes present in the game.

IT follows the lore and the themes perfectly. Literal requires one to head canon a way for Shepard to survive shit that would turn Superman into an ash pile.

IT does not require head canon. Literal requires ungodly amounts of it.
GethJuggernautMKII
GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:27 pm

GethPrimeMKII wrote:If Occam's razor was forcibly applied to Mass Effect's story, it would have to take into account the lore and the themes present in the game.

IT follows the lore and the themes perfectly. Literal requires one to head canon a way for Shepard to survive shit that would turn Superman into an ash pile.

IT does not require head canon. Literal requires ungodly amounts of it.

Beautifully put.
Eryri
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by magnetite Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:00 am

Some of those guys believe that if EDI's body gets destroyed, she's dead. What they don't realize is that EDI controls the mech remotely. She exists mainly within the Normandy (just like Mass Effect 2). She even specifically states this when you first talk to her after Palaven. Hell even before you go to Mars, you can hear her talk. She doesn't upload into the mech until you get back from Palaven.

Literalist: She's dead. I saw her name on the memorial wall.

Me: Oh? I didn't see her get blown up

Literalist: But the Starchild said that all synthetics would get destroyed.
magnetite
magnetite
Brute

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:19 am

magnetite wrote:Some of those guys believe that if EDI's body gets destroyed, she's dead. What they don't realize is that EDI controls the mech remotely. She exists mainly within the Normandy (just like Mass Effect 2). She even specifically states this when you first talk to her after Palaven. Hell even before you go to Mars, you can hear her talk. She doesn't upload into the mech until you get back from Palaven.

Literalist: She's dead. I saw her name on the memorial wall.

Me: Oh? I didn't see her get blown up

Literalist: But the Starchild said that all synthetics would get destroyed.

Yeah, it is one of the reasosn it makes no sense for EDI to retreat during the Normandy pickup scene. Absolutely no reason...hell considering what her body can survive and the fact that she is not in danger just means she is the best choice for the beam run...

But that would imply Shepard and everyone else were actually thinking during that run Angry
Raistlin Majere
Raistlin Majere
N7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:24 am

GethPrimeMKII wrote:I swear the terms cult and 'Occam's Razor get used so often by those mouth breathing retards. I tend to skip posts that have those terms in them. I guarantee the idiot using them has no idea what they mean nor does he have anything intelligent to say.

I hate when Occam's Razor is used for literature.

In fact, I hate when it is used at all. If it was used for everything, coverups would never be discovered, deceptions would continue forever, and imagination would be non-existent.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andromidius Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:01 pm

SwobyJ wrote:
GethPrimeMKII wrote:I swear the terms cult and 'Occam's Razor get used so often by those mouth breathing retards. I tend to skip posts that have those terms in them. I guarantee the idiot using them has no idea what they mean nor does he have anything intelligent to say.

I hate when Occam's Razor is used for literature.

In fact, I hate when it is used at all. If it was used for everything, coverups would never be discovered, deceptions would continue forever, and imagination would be non-existent.

Agreed. We'd not even have proper science either since a lot of it was counter-intuitive to what we already 'knew' or assumed.

Occam's Razor is at best a basic guideline. A better concept to use or quote would be Sherlocke Holmes' deduction - once you have eliminated the impossible, whatever left - however improbable - must be the truth.

Hense, IT. We eliminated the impossible and was left with the improbable. And it all fits.
Andromidius
Andromidius
Admin

https://indoctrinationtheory.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Steelcan Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:39 pm

BirdsallSa has got to be the worst troll on BSN
Steelcan
Steelcan
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by GethJuggernautMKII Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:43 pm

I give BirdsallSa some credit. Most trolls wouldnt even joke about supporting the dumb shit Sieval comes up with. Hes taken trolling to a new level.
GethJuggernautMKII
GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by Restrider Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:54 am

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/355/index/15799032/2#15799680

Not necessarily a literalist, but a good troll post that made me giggle.
Restrider
Restrider
Blood Pack Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:28 pm

AlexMBrennan wrote...
Given all the bad writing in ME3, I am more inclined to believe in the "bad writing" theory than Bioware leaving elaborate well hidden hints all over the place.

www.youtube.com/watch
ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by GethJuggernautMKII Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:04 pm

There's nothing I love more than opinions being called a theory.
GethJuggernautMKII
GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by Allynna Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:14 pm

...Or how EC wouldn't give any new endings?

EC doesn't have any new ending. Refusal is just a fix for eternal wandering around the room in case if player just wants to surrender and get the ultimate mission failure.

That is the weakest excuse I have ever heard

Oh really?

In game development any endless waiting is called Blocker. Original ending had situation with endless waiting - if player didn't want to choose Control, Synthesis or Destroy, but still wanted to finish the game.

Refusal was a bug fix, nothing more.

Magic!
Allynna
Allynna
Husk

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:18 pm

Um no, if you waited for ages you'd get a game over screen. And refuse doesn't replace that, so wrong on two counts there.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Steelcan Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:12 pm

Restrider wrote:http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/355/index/15799032/2#15799680

. Anorling or yours truly?
Steelcan
Steelcan
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by richie21 Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:13 pm

Allynna wrote:
...Or how EC wouldn't give any new endings?

EC doesn't have any new ending. Refusal is just a fix for eternal wandering around the room in case if player just wants to surrender and get the ultimate mission failure.

That is the weakest excuse I have ever heard

Oh really?

In game development any endless waiting is called Blocker. Original ending had situation with endless waiting - if player didn't want to choose Control, Synthesis or Destroy, but still wanted to finish the game.

Refusal was a bug fix, nothing more.

Magic!

hahaha wow that's stupid.
richie21
richie21
Pyjak

Back to top Go down

Post by 401 Kill Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:51 am

401 Kill
401 Kill
STG

Back to top Go down

Post by Restrider Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:11 am

Steelcan wrote:
Restrider wrote:http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/355/index/15799032/2#15799680

. Anorling or yours truly?
Anorling.
Restrider
Restrider
Blood Pack Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 19 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next