Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literalists say the darndest things

+47
FreewheelinDylan
applepie_svk
zninjazero
noobcannon
Veridiano02
JamesStone
HYR 2.1
sandman2190
401 Kill
Rankincountry
leafs43
richie21
BatmanTurian
lex0r
Nightvayne
AxStapleton
demersel
invetro
DSharrah
Cyberfrog
Arian Dynas
Arkio
Hanako Ikezawa
Master Blaster
Starscream
umadcommander
BleedingUranium
DoomsdayDevice
Hrothdane
clennon8
skillz1986
Eryri
shadowsenshi
Allynna
Rifneno
Andromidius
magnetite
Steelcan
draconian139
ElSuperGecko
Restrider
Raistlin Majere
GethJuggernautMKII
dorktainian
Fur28
Norlond
RavenEyry
51 posters

Page 14 of 19 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next

Go down

Literalists say the darndest things - Page 14 Empty Re: Literalists say the darndest things

Post by Rankincountry Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:33 pm

These people probably are as well. In fact I think this is what trolls did before the internet was invented:

https://youtu.be/-8-xTmiikMw?t=15s

Rankincountry
Rankincountry
Nemesis

Location : Sunny Valley Rest Home for Burnt-Out Gamers, Karpyshyn Ward

http://www.flickr.com/photos/adrianprice74

Back to top Go down

Literalists say the darndest things - Page 14 Empty Re: Literalists say the darndest things

Post by magnetite Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:24 am

Some people believe that grinding the extra EMS points to get a 10 second special ending (breath scene) is not worth the effort. Pfft.

This was pre-EC mind you.
magnetite
magnetite
Brute

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:11 pm

Just had this conversation:

"You hope too much."

Yeah, its not like it was a major theme of Mass Effect and especially ME3.

Back to top Go down

Post by BatmanTurian Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:41 pm

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/355/index/15898757/2#15901920

Wahahahahaha! Garrus

Auld Wulf wrote...
I've never known any good guy in anything I've loved to do that. I can't think of Picard running around and committing genocide. We all know that if Picard was in that position, he'd have chosen Control or Synthesis, because he could handle that, he'd be able to understand it. He'd also have realised that each reaper is a nation, and that there are people trapped within those giant spaceships, people who could be freed.

BatmanTurian wrote...
Picard wouldn't choose synthesis because of his experience with the borg, nor would he choose control because of the Prime Directive, you moron. I'm not even a huge Star Trek fan and I know this.
BatmanTurian
BatmanTurian
LOKI

Back to top Go down

Post by Restrider Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:39 pm

@Batman
Pure gold.
Restrider
Restrider
Blood Pack Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:10 pm

Picard would flip out at the harvest. It's arguably worse then what the borg do.

Also this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aJCrMDl-H4
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Andromidius Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:14 pm

BatmanTurian wrote:http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/355/index/15898757/2#15901920

Wahahahahaha! Garrus

Auld Wulf wrote...
I've never known any good guy in anything I've loved to do that. I can't think of Picard running around and committing genocide. We all know that if Picard was in that position, he'd have chosen Control or Synthesis, because he could handle that, he'd be able to understand it. He'd also have realised that each reaper is a nation, and that there are people trapped within those giant spaceships, people who could be freed.

BatmanTurian wrote...
Picard wouldn't choose synthesis because of his experience with the borg, nor would he choose control because of the Prime Directive, you moron. I'm not even a huge Star Trek fan and I know this.

Picard is the WORST example from Star Trek he could have picked!

Why?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvNn_vJy0BM 2:00

This is what Control is, essentially. Memories and knowledge intact, connection to loved ones lost, in command of the enemy forces.
Andromidius
Andromidius
Admin

https://indoctrinationtheory.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by GethJuggernautMKII Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:18 am

Where has Auld Wulf been all my life? His posts are hilariously stupid.
GethJuggernautMKII
GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:13 am

BatmanTurian wrote:http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/355/index/15898757/2#15901920

Wahahahahaha! Garrus

Auld Wulf wrote...

BatmanTurian wrote...

I have never watched a single Star Trek episode and I know this...god even a glancing knowledge of the Borg events would be enough to tell one what Picard would pick.
Raistlin Majere
Raistlin Majere
N7

Back to top Go down

Post by Andromidius Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:29 pm

At worst, Picard would choose Refuse. He always looks for another way, is unwilling to sacrifice for victory. That is, when he's all alone.

With people with him to advice or even egg him on, he would pick Destroy. The hard choice. But he'd not be happy about it, not in the slightest.
Andromidius
Andromidius
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sandman2190 Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:27 pm

GethPrimeMKII wrote:Where has Auld Wulf been all my life? His posts are hilariously stupid.
Auld came onto the BSN quite recently...I think it was an control/synthesis thread.
Wolf's problem, like so many others is one simple thing: presenting opinion as fact and that every single statement consists of an insult belittling someone else's intellect.
It honestly has him or her come off as not only rude, but foolish.
I know you're not being serious, but there it is.

sandman2190
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyberfrog Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:34 am

I would like to just think "troll" and move on... but his love for synthesis seems genuine, so far.

Of course, he does the same thing I suspect every Synthesis fan of doing - liking Synthesis for something it isn't. At least most Destroy choosers admit the (assuming literal interpretation) downsides. Synthesis-fans insist that there can't be a downside to Synthesis, since the Intelligence wouldn't lie or deceive, and the epilogue has pretty pictures where people do productive stuff and also features EDI suggesting that becoming even more like a Reaper would be pretty neat.
Cyberfrog
Cyberfrog
Gas Bag

Back to top Go down

Post by Andromidius Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:57 am

Especially when they describe Synthesis as 'paradise' and 'pure harmony'. And then describe Destroy as 'evil' and 'genocidal'.

Both show basically the same thing - civilisation being rebuilt, people getting on with life.

If there was even one side of various races all together having a party in the Synthesis ending, and one side of people crying and mourning the deaths of the Geth or EDI, I might have some slight sympathy for them.

Very slight.
Andromidius
Andromidius
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GethJuggernautMKII Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:07 am

I get sick to my stomach when they argue that the previous civilizations can still be saved, despite being processed into organic milkshakes and turned into reapers.

Arguably worse are people who actually believe the reapers can be redeemed.

Last edited by GethPrimeMKII on Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:14 am; edited 1 time in total
GethJuggernautMKII
GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by Andromidius Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:13 am

GethPrimeMKII wrote:I get sick to my stomach when they argue that the previous civilizations can still be saved, despite being processed into organic milkshakes and turned into reapers.

Yep. Even if its possible to clone them back into existance, you run into several problems:

1/ Are they even the same species anymore, or just a copy?
2/ How would they react to being brought back after being brutally destroyed?
3/ Would they be forced to Synthesis as well?
4/ Where would they go, considering habitable worlds and resources are already contested over?
5/ How would they interact with other species?

Synthesis supports just handwave it all and declare everything is fine and wonderful and perfect, and how dare you try to take that away from them.
Andromidius
Andromidius
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GethJuggernautMKII Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:20 am

Andromidius wrote:
GethPrimeMKII wrote:I get sick to my stomach when they argue that the previous civilizations can still be saved, despite being processed into organic milkshakes and turned into reapers.

Yep. Even if its possible to clone them back into existance, you run into several problems:

1/ Are they even the same species anymore, or just a copy?
2/ How would they react to being brought back after being brutally destroyed?
3/ Would they be forced to Synthesis as well?
4/ Where would they go, considering habitable worlds and resources are already contested over?
5/ How would they interact with other species?

Synthesis supports just handwave it all and declare everything is fine and wonderful and perfect, and how dare you try to take that away from them.

Yes, we're the tinfoil hat wearing conspiracy nut zealots for asking logical questions about how synthesis works.

How does synthesis even manage to perfectly alter the dna of all life in the galaxy with zero adverse side effects? All it has is human dna to go with. How is Shepard's human dna and essence sufficient enough to alter the dna of turians, quarians, krogan, and hundreds of other species with dna vastly different from humans? The most likely scenario or synthesis, if anythng. would be wide spread grotesque mutations all across the galaxy. But it all ends so perfectly....
GethJuggernautMKII
GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by Andromidius Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:33 am

Andromidius
Andromidius
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HYR 2.1 Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:02 am

OFFS. This is one person's posts we're talking about here.

One. Person.

Kindly cut crap with "they" generalizations. You of all people should know better.

By the way, on the off-chance that guy is legit, I sent him a PM to watch his tone. He didn't respond to it, so I'm thinking he may just be a troll. In any case, he's not one of us. Even if he does share our views, he clearly does not share our standards.
HYR 2.1
HYR 2.1
Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Blaster Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:32 am

HYR, well in truth more people actually say most of this. Yes it's one person that we think is funny, but if people begin to agree with this, which there are people, then they start say what this person say.
Master Blaster
Master Blaster
Geth Prime

Back to top Go down

Post by BleedingUranium Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:41 am

HYR 2.1 wrote:OFFS. This is one person's posts we're talking about here.

One. Person.

Kindly cut crap with "they" generalizations. You of all people should know better.

By the way, on the off-chance that guy is legit, I sent him a PM to watch his tone. He didn't respond to it, so I'm thinking he may just be a troll. In any case, he's not one of us. Even if he does share our views, he clearly does not share our standards.

Having spend a fair bit of time on BSN lately, I've noticed this. And you're one of last people I'd call a troll (etc).
BleedingUranium
BleedingUranium
Thresher Maw

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:02 am

Yeah people like HYR and Ieldra, even though I greatly disagree with them, are perfectly polite and intelligent about their opinions.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Andromidius Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:39 pm

When less people on BSN say stupid shit, I'll stop saying 'they'.

Fair is fair.
Andromidius
Andromidius
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Restrider Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:59 pm

GethPrimeMKII wrote:

Yes, we're the tinfoil hat wearing conspiracy nut zealots for asking logical questions about how synthesis works.

How does synthesis even manage to perfectly alter the dna of all life in the galaxy with zero adverse side effects? All it has is human dna to go with. How is Shepard's human dna and essence sufficient enough to alter the dna of turians, quarians, krogan, and hundreds of other species with dna vastly different from humans? The most likely scenario or synthesis, if anythng. would be wide spread grotesque mutations all across the galaxy. But it all ends so perfectly....

I say Synthesis will give everyone cancer...
Restrider
Restrider
Blood Pack Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesStone Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:45 pm

"Harbinger can't see the Normandy in the EC scene, it has the Reaper IFF in there, so he can trick him"

You know, facts like Harbinger having visual sensors, four at that, the supposed Reaper being 300x times as small as it was supposed to be, it's signal detected a million times if you decide to scan systems, and evacuating somehow their biggest enemy's squad be damned. Harbinger is already depicted as a stupid slave in the endings, let's make him a UNBELIEVABLY stupid, barely functinual slave while where at it.
JamesStone
JamesStone
Pyjak

Back to top Go down

Post by Andromidius Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:17 pm

JamesStone wrote:"Harbinger can't see the Normandy in the EC scene, it has the Reaper IFF in there, so he can trick him"

You know, facts like Harbinger having visual sensors, four at that, the supposed Reaper being 300x times as small as it was supposed to be, it's signal detected a million times if you decide to scan systems, and evacuating somehow their biggest enemy's squad be damned. Harbinger is already depicted as a stupid slave in the endings, let's make him a UNBELIEVABLY stupid, barely functinual slave while where at it.

Why do you think I laugh at the ridiculousness of the scene? Its like its designed to be laughed at.

The Reaper IFF only seems to do the following:

1/ Informs the Omega-4 Relay that its a friendly target, so it transports the ship into the safe zone/doesn't activate the early warning detection system.

2/ Possibly disrupts Reaper long-range sensors into thinking its another Reaper.

What it doesn't do:

1/ Make the Normandy invisible. And neither does the Normandy's stealth drive.

2/ Confuse Reaper short range sensors. As evidenced by the fact Reapers chase the Normandy all over a star system if detected.

3/ Confuse Reaper visual sensors. As evidenced by the fact the Normandy is fired upon multiple times previously.
Andromidius
Andromidius
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 19 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next