Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Multiplayer Strategy and Build section!

+26
Nightvayne
Cyberfrog
MovieMachine
dorktainian
hukbum
WeAreHarbinger
CmdrShep80
HYR 2.1
Eryri
Rankincountry
Raistlin Majere
Home run MF
richie21
FFZero
Fur28
shadowsenshi
DoomsdayDevice
DSharrah
Davik Kang
Andromidius
ElSuperGecko
Rifneno
Steelcan
BlueLogic
RavenEyry
AxStapleton
30 posters

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Multiplayer Strategy and Build section! - Page 5 Empty Re: Multiplayer Strategy and Build section!

Post by ElSuperGecko Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:20 pm

Hello HYR 2.1!

Omni blade rocks. Just belted out a Geth/Silver match with a level 8 Krogan Vanguard, with Eviscerator & Omni Blade... came 2nd after having a whale of a time headbutting Primes into scrap.

Might have done better if I wasn't on Firebase White. I'd never encountered the Krogan Rage / Hazard White issue before. It was funny for one match...
ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Multiplayer Strategy and Build section! - Page 5 Empty Re: Multiplayer Strategy and Build section!

Post by DoomsdayDevice Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:25 pm

ElSuperGecko wrote:Hello HYR 2.1!

Omni blade rocks. Just belted out a Geth/Silver match with a level 8 Krogan Vanguard, with Eviscerator & Omni Blade... came 2nd after having a whale of a time headbutting Primes into scrap.

Might have done better if I wasn't on Firebase White. I'd never encountered the Krogan Rage / Hazard White issue before. It was funny for one match...

lol... that happened to me quite a few times. Back when I was playing my Krogan sentinel all the time. I'd play gold with Banshee and Blur, and of course the random map would be White Hazard. I pretty much rebuilt it so it wasn't a melee build any more, for that reason.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueLogic Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:26 pm

Oh yeah. Total whiteout. First time i've actively tried NOT to melee with a krogan. That's just...wrong.
BlueLogic
BlueLogic
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:40 am

I haven't unlocked a worthwile character for days. Just got another flipping volus this morning.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:57 am

RavenEyry wrote:I haven't unlocked a worthwile character for days. Just got another flipping volus this morning.

Still waiting for my Geth Soldier Sad

Well until then at least I can play around with my Turian Sabotour Engineer and Asari Valkyrie Sentinel
Raistlin Majere
Raistlin Majere
N7

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:59 am

Raistlin Majere wrote:
RavenEyry wrote:I haven't unlocked a worthwile character for days. Just got another flipping volus this morning.

Well until then at least I can play around with my Turian Sabotour Engineer and Asari Valkyrie Sentinel
Hah! I have him! I have him! I liked the vorcha soldier more, still has flamer but also health regen.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:48 am

Which Volus? I've just unlocked the Volus Vanguard.

I call him... THUNDERBALL.
ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:52 am

I have the adept and the... whatever mercenary is.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:05 pm

Raistlin Majere wrote:

The Geth can be melee juggernauts and teamed with a shield boosting volus they can almost melt anything with their heavy melee and the right build.
DSharrah
DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:40 pm

RavenEyry wrote:I have the adept and the... whatever mercenary is.

Engineer.

Must admit though I love the Recon Mine, wish I had something non Volus with it.
Raistlin Majere
Raistlin Majere
N7

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:56 am

Anyone have a favorite map/enemy for getting over cover grabs...I can usually sneak out a couple on any map, but I really want to try and finish up that challenge (since its the only one that I have left for Combat Mastery).
DSharrah
DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by AxStapleton Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:13 pm

Raistlin Majere wrote:
RavenEyry wrote:I have the adept and the... whatever mercenary is.

Engineer.

Must admit though I love the Recon Mine, wish I had something non Volus with it.

I know the Drell Infiltrator has Recon Mine but obviously you actually need to have the class.
AxStapleton
AxStapleton
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:26 pm

Heartbreaker challenge banner = best banner evar! Laughing
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by AxStapleton Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:55 pm

AxStapleton
AxStapleton
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:06 pm

DoomsdayDevice wrote:Heartbreaker challenge banner = best banner evar! Laughing

Would have been better if it simply was a banner of a banshee screaming at you..."How dare you leave me! You heartbreaker!"

Edit: Here you go, this is what it should have been:

Multiplayer Strategy and Build section! - Page 5 Banshe10

Last edited by DSharrah on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
DSharrah
DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:07 pm

AxStapleton wrote:Well I got that challenge in one game of Gold.

My Q. Engineer class rocks on Gold vs Reapers.

http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#Engineer/Quarian/MLAPR/Hurricane3AU5AW5/Scorpion2AI5AJ5/SMGRailAmp3/PowerAmplifierModule3/EngineeringKit2/

Yeah I was quite surprised how fast I got the challenge...felt like a gift after last weekends challenge being such a grind.
DSharrah
DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:26 pm

Seems everyone has done the op already. I was waiting til tonight and now I feel behind.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

RavenEyry wrote:Seems everyone has done the op already. I was waiting til tonight and now I feel behind.

It goes quick...you won't be behind long. Wink
DSharrah
DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by HYR 2.1 Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:15 pm

afro

DSharrah wrote:Anyone have a favorite map/enemy for getting over cover grabs...I can usually sneak out a couple on any map, but I really want to try and finish up that challenge (since its the only one that I have left for Combat Mastery).

1.) Create new match.
2.) Set to private (and do not allow friends to join).
3.) Map: FB-White.
4.) Enemy: Geth.
5.) Kit: Any durable character (krogan, batarian...)
6.) Run to the infamous L-shaped cover inside base, lower level.
7.) Run around room luring in geth enemies for grab kills - at all costs.
8.) ???
9.) Profit!

That's how I did it. Do it right and you get a good 50 grabs a pop... iirc.
HYR 2.1
HYR 2.1
Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:33 pm

HYR 2.1 wrote:

afro

DSharrah wrote:Anyone have a favorite map/enemy for getting over cover grabs...I can usually sneak out a couple on any map, but I really want to try and finish up that challenge (since its the only one that I have left for Combat Mastery).

1.) Create new match.
8.) ???
9.) Profit!

That's where I used to do it...wasn't sure if it still worked well after they reworked the map and opened things up!

Thanks!
DSharrah
DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by CmdrShep80 Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:34 pm

What I would like to know is what do people spend their xp points in? That and what extra equipment do you tend to favor and why?
CmdrShep80
CmdrShep80
Blood Pack Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by CmdrShep80 Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:43 pm

HYR 2.1 wrote:

afro

1.) Create new match.
8.) ???
9.) Profit!

Same FB White. But go to the far corner where the ammo pickup is right behind you. I just hang out behind the barricade and just spam over cover grabs on everything but atlases and the occasional enemy who gets by the over cover grab
CmdrShep80
CmdrShep80
Blood Pack Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:51 pm

I won the op by starting a solo platinum game and missiling banshees for a few seconds before dying. Like a boss.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:36 pm

CmdrShep80 wrote:What I would like to know is what do people spend their xp points in? That and what extra equipment do you tend to favor and why?

You mean you're looking for builds?

A good build can make all the difference in the world compared to a bad build. It's all about maximizing synergy. That goes for your choice of equipment too, as well as the combination of character kits the team uses.

If you need builds for a specific kit just give a holler in here. There's several people here who will help you with builds.

Sometimes there are multiple ways to build a kit that work really well. It also depends on your playing style.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:05 pm

CmdrShep80 wrote:What I would like to know is what do people spend their xp points in? That and what extra equipment do you tend to favor and why?

The easiest way to build up a class is to decide what you want to focus on - duarbility, weapons, biotics, tech powers, melee etc - and then make sure that everything you choose goes into improving and/or supporting that focus.

For example, Say I'm using an Asari Adept. I want to maximise the damage my Biotic Explosions cause, and how quickly I can fire them off. So I focus on maxing out Warp and Throw, making sure I choose evolutions that increase damage or biotic combo damage. I support that with a couple of ranks in stasis to help me get out of trounle, choosing power damage evolutions instead of weapon damage evolutions and improving my health.

I would then use a weapon that supports this focus - a low weight sidearm such as a pistol, SMG or a Disciple shotgun - this keeps my cooldown time low, so I can fire my powers faster.

Finally I choose gear that improves my Biotic damage - Commando amp if I'm using a pistol, or an Adaptive War Amp.

The final build then would probably look something like this:

Asari Adept Biotic Explosion build

Target your enemies with Warp, then Throw to detonate. The low recharges mean you can do this almost constantly. If you're using equipment, again focus on what you've got - in this case I'm using a pistol amp, Power Amplifier and I'd go Warp rounds as well.

As an alternative, if I was focusing on weapons as my main formn of causing damage, I'd go for a class which doesn't have any tech/biotic powers which have cooldown times, preferably grenades to support my attacks and then use heavy weapons and put points in evolutions which increase weapon damage. Here's Mr. Krogan Sentinel by way of example.
ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next