Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Multiplayer Strategy and Build section!

+26
Nightvayne
Cyberfrog
MovieMachine
dorktainian
hukbum
WeAreHarbinger
CmdrShep80
HYR 2.1
Eryri
Rankincountry
Raistlin Majere
Home run MF
richie21
FFZero
Fur28
shadowsenshi
DoomsdayDevice
DSharrah
Davik Kang
Andromidius
ElSuperGecko
Rifneno
Steelcan
BlueLogic
RavenEyry
AxStapleton
30 posters

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Multiplayer Strategy and Build section! - Page 4 Empty Re: Multiplayer Strategy and Build section!

Post by Eryri Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:12 pm

AxStapleton wrote:
Eryri wrote:Could you guys recommend a sturdy, bullet-sponge build with lots of survivability? I'm a bit of a clumsy oaf when it comes to MP, so something that can survive lots of damage would be great, even if it's not particularly spectacular at dishing out damage.

A fairly common and effective class for your needs is the Krogan Sentinel speced for Health and Durability Tech Armour. Forget using incinerate because it isn't particularly needed for this class and make sure to spec Lift Grenades for damage (you're gonna love them :) ). Remember to load up with big guns because you don't need your cooldown. With the right mods, this can become a very forgiving class. Just watch out for the Banshee's hug.

http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#Sentinel/Krogan/PALPR//////

Thanks. I'll give it a go.
Eryri
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Multiplayer Strategy and Build section! - Page 4 Empty Re: Multiplayer Strategy and Build section!

Post by ElSuperGecko Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:58 pm

Even the toughest characters can be taken down quite quickly if you get mobbed or expose yourself to too much enemy firepower at once. A Geth Prime/Ravager/Scion will drop you in seconds if you get caught in it's crosshairs, regardless of the durability of your build.

Good general advice is to keep an eye out for heavy-hitters, stick around cover and keep a wall to your back as much as possible.

That said, i've been using this Krogan Soldier build recently in PUGs. Krogan have good health and awesome shields, but Fortification gives 40% damage reduction making them even harder to take down.

The key though, is the weapons. No rechargable powers mean you can go as heavy as you want - which leaves you free to use omni-blades, and get up to 50% melee damage bonus. Melee EVERYTHING. Once you've punched three enemies to death in a row, as well as the 40% damage reduction from Fortification, you'll get another 30% damage reduction from Rage. With Fortification and Rage active, add a juggernaut shield and your heavy melee will top out at over 3,500 damage per hit. Your Claymore will do over 2,500, and you've got an assault rifle and inferno grenades spare for when you want to stay at long range. GRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

Alternatively, if you're looking for a tyank build, why not cut out the middle man and go Krogan Vanguard? Similar in theory - Barrier taking the place of Fortification - but in this instance you go with the Eviscerator or Acolyte to keep your cooldowns low and use Biotic Charge to recharge your shields whenever they start to get low. Just make sure you target lone enemies, and don't charge into groups. This guy can go toe-to-toe with a Geth Prime without fear of falling, so long as you charge-shoot-melee-charge-shoot-melee.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARHAHAHAHHAHAHAH!!!
ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:04 pm

Yeah, what Ax and Gecko said. =)
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:29 pm

Thanks for your advice guys. Very Happy I did dabble with the Krogan characters when I first got the game, and I certainly seemed to survive a bit longer with them.

Unfortunately, for some reason, my set up had a tendency to spin the camera around wildly on occasion - I think perhaps the sensitivity of my mouse was too high.
Eryri
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by Andromidius Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:14 pm

I must be weird, since I like having Incinerate for my Krogan Sentinel. Its a nice 'backup' weapon, and helps taking down armoured targets.
Andromidius
Andromidius
Admin

https://indoctrinationtheory.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by AxStapleton Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:20 pm

Andromidius wrote:I must be weird, since I like having Incinerate for my Krogan Sentinel. Its a nice 'backup' weapon, and helps taking down armoured targets.

I prefer having armour piercing weapons on my Krogan Sentinel than Incinerate. Its mainly so I can put all my points into his Durability and powering up Lift Grenade. I keep him for two very specific tasks, being an obstacle and clearing crowds of mooks.
AxStapleton
AxStapleton
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by Andromidius Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:29 pm

I have both. I think I just didn't fully evolve Berzerking.
Andromidius
Andromidius
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:30 pm

Andromidius wrote:I must be weird, since I like having Incinerate for my Krogan Sentinel. Its a nice 'backup' weapon, and helps taking down armoured targets.

It's a great way to set off fire explosions if you're using incendiary ammo. I have just the first three ranks in incinerate for exactly that reason.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Steelcan Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:21 pm

DoomsdayDevice wrote:

It's a great way to set off fire explosions if you're using incendiary ammo. I have just the first three ranks in incinerate for exactly that reason.
. My strategy with the Krogan sentinel is to gun EVERYTHING down. Protect with tech armor, use grenades and shoot everything that moves with a claymore
Steelcan
Steelcan
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:32 pm

Steelcan wrote:My strategy with the Krogan sentinel is to gun EVERYTHING down. Protect with tech armor, use grenades and shoot everything that moves with a claymore

RAH HAH HAH HAHA!!! **BRO-HEADBUTT**
ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:21 am

I employ the same strategy. It's just fun to make a huge fire explosion on a spawn, every once in a while.

I'm not talking about spamming incinerate, obviously. Krosentinel likes to carry big guns.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:37 pm

OK, what is it with all the Asari players giving their character the blue/grey Asari "assless chaps"?

I've seen dozens of them the last few days. Why do people feel the need to send their Asari into battle half nekkid?
ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:40 pm

Because the players are male?
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:29 pm

This is the best idea ever. Laughing
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:55 pm

Actually, it may be a viable tactic. Another cunning Asari ploy. Sprint into battle bare-cheeked to show your contempt for the foe.

Also to distract them with the sight of your delectable azure posterior.

Then shoot them in the face with an Eviscerator. In the FACE.
ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:02 pm

ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueLogic Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:32 pm

ElSuperGecko wrote:OK, what is it with all the Asari players giving their character the blue/grey Asari "assless chaps"?
Suspect I'd...never even considered the possibility.
DoomsdayDevice wrote:This is the best idea ever. Laughing
Garrus Agreed!

+10 Renegade

Doh!
BlueLogic
BlueLogic
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:51 pm

I'm going to apply this to all my Asari builds RIGHT NOW. Laughing

NSFW
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:42 pm

OK, let's get this going!

The Asari "Commandos"

Asari only Assless Chaps Clan. Adept (not the armoured Justicar though), Vanguard, Infiltrator and Sentinel builds only!

GO, GO, GO! I WILL DESTROY YOU!!
ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:52 pm

I don't have an asari.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueLogic Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:59 pm

ElSuperGecko wrote:OK, let's get this going!

The Asari "Commandos"

Asari only Assless Chaps Clan. Adept (not the armoured Justicar though), Vanguard, Infiltrator and Sentinel builds only!

GO, GO, GO! I WILL DESTROY YOU!!

Liara Valkyrie reporting!

Wait...how do I explain this to my wife? Hmm, got some thinking to do lol.

RavenEyry wrote:I don't have an asari.

No
BlueLogic
BlueLogic
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by Andromidius Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:22 pm

Weekend Operation, Heartbreaker.

Kill Banshees.

Uh. Uh. Uh.
Andromidius
Andromidius
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AxStapleton Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:04 pm

Andromidius wrote:Weekend Operation, Heartbreaker.

Kill Banshees.

Uh. Uh. Uh.

Oh, how fun........
AxStapleton
AxStapleton
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueLogic Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:28 pm

AxStapleton wrote:
Andromidius wrote:Weekend Operation, Heartbreaker.

Kill Banshees.

Uh. Uh. Uh.

Oh, how fun........

Multiplayer Strategy and Build section! - Page 4 Nazis-i-hate-these-guys
Banshees...I hate these guys.
BlueLogic
BlueLogic
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by HYR 2.1 Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:25 pm

Steelcan wrote:
DoomsdayDevice wrote:

. My strategy with the Krogan sentinel is to gun EVERYTHING down. Protect with tech armor, use grenades and shoot everything that moves with a claymore

My strategy is to sit back with my Typhoon (VI; Ammo, AP-Barrel) and let it rip against spawns and bosses.

Then go around the map doing "clean-up duty." Incinerate is for weeding the occasional enemy out of cover.

I go Graal all day for that job. Omni-blade +50% melee is the main draw, but the stagger property helps set up a reliable forward-charge for those Geth Hunters and Phantoms. But every now and then my fully-charged shots manage to hit the head (I don't typically aim) which gets a very satisfying kill, if a complete fluke.
HYR 2.1
HYR 2.1
Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next