Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I am SO confused about all of this... (Major ending foreshadowing in Citadel DLC)

+50
Hanako Ikezawa
MovieMachine
demersel
CSSteele
DaniSaur
BansheeOwnage
Soul8lighter
Home run MF
GethJuggernautMKII
SZKSYPCZE
Jusseb
CmdrShep80
shadoww6021
invetro
Lombus
ElSuperGecko
AxStapleton
ViolentSound
stargate1990
ZerebusPrime
Cyberfrog
Eryri
dorktainian
FFZero
Restrider
Jarrod_L
MaximizedAction
Raistlin Majere
Hrothdane
OneWithTheAssassins
noobcannon
BleedingUranium
HYR 2.1
Terramine
spotlessvoid
Andromidius
Rifneno
HomesV500
DSharrah
Vibez
Pascal219
401 Kill
domxeno
lex0r
foster.jb82
Humakt
BlueLogic
Ghost Of Kesak11
Charlie Sheen
DoomsdayDevice
54 posters

Page 7 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 17  Next

Go down

I am SO confused about all of this... (Major ending foreshadowing in Citadel DLC) - Page 7 Empty Re: I am SO confused about all of this... (Major ending foreshadowing in Citadel DLC)

Post by DoomsdayDevice Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:18 pm

Rifneno wrote:Holy fuck. I found the mother of all symbolism.

The Armax Arena has a lot of miniquests. One of them takes several matches to finish, and it ends with the virtual reality going haywire. The safeties go offline and it starts swarming Shepard with a seemingly endless stream of bosses like praetorians, banshees, and primes. The round counter is also screwed, so simply winning 3 rounds doesn't get you out of it. Shepard would've died in that virtual reality. Who pulled his fat out of the fire? The IT department.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still not going to DD's side in thinking BW is going to somehow pull a reveal out of their asses in a week. But that's just... holy shit. Symbolism overload.

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Wow, thanks for posting this, Rif.

And I never actually said they're going to do a reveal real soon, I definitely think something is coming, but I don't want to make predictions, because we've always been wrong.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

I am SO confused about all of this... (Major ending foreshadowing in Citadel DLC) - Page 7 Empty Re: I am SO confused about all of this... (Major ending foreshadowing in Citadel DLC)

Post by Terramine Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:32 pm

As a response to your thread... I hope you aren't hinging it upon Crimson=Red therefore Crimson=Destroy. Since you know, it's entirely opinionated whether Destroy is the way out or not... It could be refuse.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:36 pm

IronicParticle wrote:
As a response to your thread... I hope you aren't hinging it upon Crimson=Red therefore Crimson=Destroy. Since you know, it's entirely opinionated whether Destroy is the way out or not... It could be refuse.

Refuse is a way out all right..

And https://www.google.ca/search?q=Crimson&hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&hs=u2f&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=rcs&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=XDs7UeSdBoa9ygGtvYGQCQ&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAQ&biw=1920&bih=930

Back to top Go down

Post by stargate1990 Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:36 pm

SwobyJ wrote:
IronicParticle wrote:

Refuse is a way out all right..

And https://www.google.ca/search?q=Crimson&hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&hs=u2f&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=rcs&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=XDs7UeSdBoa9ygGtvYGQCQ&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAQ&biw=1920&bih=930

ever since the EC ive always seen Refuse as a give up option(i would almost go as far to say outside the hallucination it would be suicide)
stargate1990
stargate1990
LOKI

Location : Bored stuck under rubble waiting for Bioware to fix it

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:14 pm

Y'know, following Bioware's uproar at Clevernoob over the "Project X" leak a while back.. iirc this is the ONLY time Bioware has directly contacted or addressed the publisaher of a leak.

Priestly talked it down, saying "Project X" is simply their catch-all term for an as-yet untitled or unannounced IP.

So... after all the talk of Citadel being the LAST DLC for Mass Effect 3...

...could "Project X" in this instance relate to Mass Effect 4? After all, at the time the leak was made, ME4 hadn't been announced... but it was, shortly afterwards.
ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Lombus Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:17 pm

I just want to thank you Doosmday...Ypu gave me some hope on the series, I'm really wishing you're right!
Lombus
Lombus
Adjutant

Back to top Go down

Post by Humakt Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:13 am

Miranda: "I was hearing some confusing reports... sounded like you were losing your mind."
Humakt
Humakt
Nightmare

http://www.celestialheavens.com/thundermaps/

Back to top Go down

Post by invetro Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:50 am

^ Huh, there are reports about Shepards mental health floating around? Saying Shepard is stressed would be understandable, but losing his/her mind?
invetro
invetro
Thorian Creeper

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChhncq2NBuQMAEJxxOcSBqA

Back to top Go down

Post by spotlessvoid Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:43 am

invetro wrote:^ Huh, there are reports about Shepards mental health floating around? Saying Shepard is stressed would be understandable, but losing his/her mind?

I think she's referring to what the clone was doing in Shepard's name
spotlessvoid
spotlessvoid
Blood Pack Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by shadoww6021 Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:00 am

Last edited by DoomsdayDevice on Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:07 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed link)
shadoww6021
shadoww6021
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:09 am

Heh! Ghost shadows!
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by BleedingUranium Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:42 am

spotlessvoid wrote:The destroy advocating ending foreshadowing claw game.....the Batarian arcade clerk tells Shepard to try the newly repaired claw game.

Also I hate you Bioware. Y no u repair claw game?

Well, if this is intended to be a post-end DLC, then it would be a newly repaired claw game :D
BleedingUranium
BleedingUranium
Thresher Maw

Back to top Go down

Post by Restrider Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:33 pm

DSharrah wrote:

I totally get what you're saying I was so hopeful as I played through and the end was the same...and I was just stunned. You are not the only one thinks that something is oddly up with the DLC or in the fact that it does make you want to play it again...I just hope it is less buggy (played just before Cronus - and the only people that showed up to the party were Liara, Edi, Traynor, Cortez, and Joker I think...).

That happened to me too, but I think it is not a bug.
You see, in the terminal in your appartment you have "Throw A Party", "Invite Everyone" and then the individual invite options. First I thought "Throw A Party" would automatically invite everyone, but it doesnt. It did only invite those, who were already flagged (being Traynor, Liara, Joker, EDI, Steve and Vega). You have to "Invite Everyone" and then klick "Throw A Party".
Restrider
Restrider
Blood Pack Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:03 pm

Restrider wrote:
DSharrah wrote:

I totally get what you're saying I was so hopeful as I played through and the end was the same...and I was just stunned. You are not the only one thinks that something is oddly up with the DLC or in the fact that it does make you want to play it again...I just hope it is less buggy (played just before Cronus - and the only people that showed up to the party were Liara, Edi, Traynor, Cortez, and Joker I think...).

That happened to me too, but I think it is not a bug.
You see, in the terminal in your appartment you have "Throw A Party", "Invite Everyone" and then the individual invite options. First I thought "Throw A Party" would automatically invite everyone, but it doesnt. It did only invite those, who were already flagged (being Traynor, Liara, Joker, EDI, Steve and Vega). You have to "Invite Everyone" and then klick "Throw A Party".

Did invite everyone...sent out the individual invites and everything...still only got those that were "originally" flagged...
DSharrah
DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:39 pm

RYUUSEI, THE FRENCH SUSHI RESTAURANT!

A quick fact and a few quotes first.

Ryuusei means "meteor" or "shooting star".

Patron: "The French are such sushi masters."

Another Patron: "Is this authentic French sushi?"

Nervous Boyfriend (after the events of the Citadel DLC's main story): "No, I don't think they'll let us eat in the rubble."

There's only one restaurant in the Silver Sun Strip, and it's closed before Shepard get so much as a bite to eat. The place is very, very odd, too, and not just because of the French sushi. There are turian, human, salarian, and asari customers, but all the turians are sharing tables with species that eat anything but dextro foods. In one case, there's a turian eating from the same plate of sushi as a human, which is a big no-no. Even if the plate were split into dextro and levo portions, cross contamination would be a very real and very lethal problem.

And this isn't the only time that food comes up in the DLC. From making popcorn to suffering the process of Kaidan's bad cooking and having James offer us after-party eggs, food comes up a lot. Not once, however, do we actually see Shepard eat.

But they don't have the animations for that, you say? You'd be right. However, if we view the Citadel DLC as largely a hallucination by Shepard while lying under a ton of rubble, slowly starving to death... you can see where this is going. Shepard's starving body keeps conjuring up images of food in his dreams, but nothing comes of it.

NOTE: Much to my abject horror, "French Sushi" as a cuisine is a real thing. A quick look at the tables at Ryuusei, however, notes a decided lack of hallmark items like fois gras and quail egg maki.

EDIT: Fixed a misquote. "The French are such sushi masters." added.

Last edited by ZerebusPrime on Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:26 am; edited 1 time in total
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:41 pm

Oh yeah, and I noticed last night that the message machine beeps like a heart monitor.
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:03 pm

'French sushi' made me go 'huh' as well.

Does that really exist?

And yes, I noticed that line about eating in rubble as well!

Good point about the Turians sharing tables!
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:12 pm

DoomsdayDevice wrote:'French sushi' made me go 'huh' as well.

Does that really exist?

And yes, I noticed that line about eating in rubble as well!

Good point about the Turians sharing tables!

French Sushi Cooks actually competed at the recent Sushi world championship in Tokyo, Japan, so yeah it is a thing. A Dane won though Joyful
Raistlin Majere
Raistlin Majere
N7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:14 pm

I've read through this whole thread, and I have to say that it's put me in a better mood after playing Citadel DLC! Like a lot of you, I had mixed feelings when I finished--something along the lines of wanting it to be true (in the post-ending sense) and then feeling betrayed when I saw the "Assault the Illusive Man's Base" option in the galaxy map. But I did notice a lot of symbolism and/or clues, and tried to keep an open mind about whether this DLC could mean more than just one final party with the crew. When I read that some of you guys think a true reveal is coming, my hopes flew up, but then I remembered how final BW has been about this being their last ME3 content, and how the devs answered the question that someone asked about Shepard being alive at the end of high EMS destroy https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=K-D4bBIzp4c#t=2864s and my hopes sort of dropped again :/

Back to top Go down

Post by Andromidius Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:24 pm

DoomsdayDevice wrote:Good point about the Turians sharing tables!

The writers clearly didn't forget about it either. During the party Tali starts freaking out because she's afraid she's just eaten some non-dextro cheese, and is desperately looking for a detox program. And goes through dozens of toxin filters.
Andromidius
Andromidius
Admin

https://indoctrinationtheory.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:27 pm

French sushi sounds like slang for... you know, I'll do you guys a favor and keep that joke to myself.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:38 pm

MassEffectFshep wrote:I've read through this whole thread, and I have to say that it's put me in a better mood after playing Citadel DLC! Like a lot of you, I had mixed feelings when I finished--something along the lines of wanting it to be true (in the post-ending sense) and then feeling betrayed when I saw the "Assault the Illusive Man's Base" option in the galaxy map. But I did notice a lot of symbolism and/or clues, and tried to keep an open mind about whether this DLC could mean more than just one final party with the crew. When I read that some of you guys think a true reveal is coming, my hopes flew up, but then I remembered how final BW has been about this being their last ME3 content, and how the devs answered the question that someone asked about Shepard being alive at the end of high EMS destroy https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=K-D4bBIzp4c#t=2864s and my hopes sort of dropped again :/

Of course they're going to say something like that, it's just an excuse. They don't want to reveal the whole thing.

Just look at the content.

Just look at that Jack quote.

How can Bioware tease us with lines about Jack getting Shep out of the rubble and then never follow up on it?
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:39 pm

Andromidius wrote:
DoomsdayDevice wrote:Good point about the Turians sharing tables!

The writers clearly didn't forget about it either. During the party Tali starts freaking out because she's afraid she's just eaten some non-dextro cheese, and is desperately looking for a detox program. And goes through dozens of toxin filters.

Excellent point!
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by CmdrShep80 Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:40 pm

Feel free to repost some of the things I've been posting in the main thread here too
CmdrShep80
CmdrShep80
Blood Pack Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 17  Next