Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I am SO confused about all of this... (Major ending foreshadowing in Citadel DLC)

+50
Hanako Ikezawa
MovieMachine
demersel
CSSteele
DaniSaur
BansheeOwnage
Soul8lighter
Home run MF
GethJuggernautMKII
SZKSYPCZE
Jusseb
CmdrShep80
shadoww6021
invetro
Lombus
ElSuperGecko
AxStapleton
ViolentSound
stargate1990
ZerebusPrime
Cyberfrog
Eryri
dorktainian
FFZero
Restrider
Jarrod_L
MaximizedAction
Raistlin Majere
Hrothdane
OneWithTheAssassins
noobcannon
BleedingUranium
HYR 2.1
Terramine
spotlessvoid
Andromidius
Rifneno
HomesV500
DSharrah
Vibez
Pascal219
401 Kill
domxeno
lex0r
foster.jb82
Humakt
BlueLogic
Ghost Of Kesak11
Charlie Sheen
DoomsdayDevice
54 posters

Page 2 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Go down

I am SO confused about all of this... (Major ending foreshadowing in Citadel DLC) - Page 2 Empty Re: I am SO confused about all of this... (Major ending foreshadowing in Citadel DLC)

Post by Guest Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:24 pm

Doomsday, this is magnificent, isn't it?

Back to top Go down

I am SO confused about all of this... (Major ending foreshadowing in Citadel DLC) - Page 2 Empty Re: I am SO confused about all of this... (Major ending foreshadowing in Citadel DLC)

Post by DoomsdayDevice Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:34 pm

IT CONFIRMED!!!!

SwobyJ wrote:
Spoiler:

Yeah man, all these foreshadowing quotes sound like that. As if all of it happened before, and all of it will happen again. I know, BSG quote, but it's exactly how it all feels.

Last edited by DoomsdayDevice on Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:34 pm

DoomsdayDevice wrote:
SwobyJ wrote:Spoiler: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=PA5lnFtZaw0#t=187s

Spoiler:

Yeah man, all these foreshadowing quotes sound like that. As if all of it happened before, and all of it will happen again. I know, BSG quote, but it's exactly how it all feels.

EXACTLY how it feels.

The cycle continues, or will it be broken?

EDIT: Good music to think about that with - https://youtu.be/nPXQGyfcF3s

Last edited by SwobyJ on Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:36 pm

Oh my god, this Jack quote made my day.

Seriously.

Oh man.

Goosebumps.

Now I really have to go and get that Zaeed quote for you guys. That was SO FUCKING AWESOME.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by domxeno Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:38 pm

Thanks for the hope guys, this is encouraging.

So why the fuck don't we get an awakening DLC??
domxeno
domxeno
Thorian Creeper

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:38 pm

SwobyJ wrote:Doomsday, this is magnificent, isn't it?

Yes, it's incredible!

We're still finding these gems! We still have hope!

I AM SO HAPPY!
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:42 pm

DoomsdayDevice wrote:Oh my god, this Jack quote made my day.

Seriously.

Oh man.

Goosebumps.

Now I really have to go and get that Zaeed quote for you guys. That was SO FUCKING AWESOME.

Miranda romance: https://youtu.be/aoEJQbbpESI

"Nope. Just bright lights, a few games, and some very foolish choices. Agreed?"

"Let's spin the wheel and see what happens." (green chips, red squares)

"The odds are against us, you know?"
"Maybe, but I've got a good feeling about this."

Last edited by SwobyJ on Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by 401 Kill Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:49 pm

I completely agree with you on your dlc analysis, the Anderson datapads seemed... They seemed just right, you know? And when Zaeed was talking about the painting it was the first time those wierd paintings were explained/elaborated on in game - and it did sound like a familiar scene.

But I just can't keep hanging on if they want to keep throwing these items at us without so much as " modifying " or seeing anything. I have thought about this game every single day since I've beaten this game in April, it is engrained in my skull. It has been over a year since release, and the condition of the ending has not changed, only some clues were added in here or there but we still can't prove anything, I feel we are in the same position as we have always been.

Maybe this is just because I am fresh off of this dlc (which was very great by the way but out of place and definitely makes the literal endings even harder to bear (which I can't)) but I would definitely love to be wrong and for Bioware to still have just something that can help us (take "help" in any way you want, I mean improve the ending). At this point, I will not even contemplate getting any more future Bioware products. Not even any "free DLC's". I've given them my time, and now I am reclaiming it.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go right an essay! I'll try to be on later tonight!
401 Kill
401 Kill
STG

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:56 pm

SwobyJ wrote:Miranda romance: https://youtu.be/aoEJQbbpESI

"Nope. Just bright lights, a few games, and some very foolish choices. Agreed?"

"Let's spin the wheel and see what happens." (green ships, red squares)

"The odds are against us, you know?"
"Maybe, but I've got a good feeling about this."

Really cool...
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Pascal219 Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:07 am

I still don't get why people here were so disappointed with this DLC. Besides that it is awesome (despite out of place), it's oozing with foreshadowing. Anyone and all doubts were erased when hearing Anderson's datapad recordings.

This maybe too optimistic, but I think the next DLC is going to drop soon. The current multiplayer operation feels like a last push, it's described that way too. And don't get me started on the meanings of ''Lodestar''. ;)
Pascal219
Pascal219
Combat Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:11 am

Pascal219 wrote:I still don't get why people here were so disappointed with this DLC. Besides that it is awesome (despite out of place), it's oozing with foreshadowing. Anyone and all doubts were erased when hearing Anderson's datapad recordings.

Exactly!!!

I walked in to that apartment, and listening to those recordings I was convinced we were going to get a reveal!

Also, this line: "The galaxy tends to make an example of them." - Anderson, talking about leaders making bad decisions.

Pascal219 wrote:This maybe too optimistic, but I think the next DLC is going to drop soon. The current multiplayer operation feels like a last push, it's described that way too. And don't get me started on the meanings of ''Lodestar''. ;)

Exactly!

"There will be no retreat", wow, sure sounds like a final push to the beam!
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:12 am

Pascal219 wrote:I still don't get why people here were so disappointed with this DLC. Besides that it is awesome (despite out of place), it's oozing with foreshadowing. Anyone and all doubts were erased when hearing Anderson's datapad recordings.

This maybe too optimistic, but I think the next DLC is going to drop soon. The current multiplayer operation feels like a last push, it's described that way too. And don't get me started on the meanings of ''Lodestar''. ;)

Yeah, I've decided to give them this month for a true reveal.

You know what the reveal of Citadel was though?

https://youtu.be/6x1UP-dl_yI?t=8m40s (spoilers)
8:30

Shepard is everything to the galaxy, yet nothing without his friends. Not even exactly the power of friendship, but more that other people provide context and *power* to your life.

To me, IT just GOT revealed. I need nothing else, but really want the final follow-through.

Last edited by SwobyJ on Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:14 am

BTW, Samara romance https://youtu.be/AQ4XPyhvJpo?t=1m41s

"Everything has changed"

Already? ;)

<3

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibez Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:17 am

GOD DAMN YOU GUYS. I have just started to move on, BUT NO!

Awesome speculations everywhere! Magic!

...One. Last. Ride. afro

Last edited by Vibez on Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Vibez
Vibez
Pyjak

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:17 am

DoomsdayDevice wrote:So I kept myself away from the internet for three days, because I was going to play the DLC and wanted to stay spoiler free. I knew I was going to have little time to play, and that it was probably going to take me three days to finish it. And it did. I haven't even done everything in there, anyway...

First off (and y'all are probably going to hate me for this, but screw you), I loved this DLC for what it was. The clone storyline didn't make a whole lot of sense, but it was pretty cool anyway. The social part, as little sense as it made within the given timeline, was absolutely fantastic. I watched Thane's memorial through my tears, I laughed my arse off at drunk Grunt in the shower, etcetera. So many memorable moments. But let me get to the point...

What confused the HELL out of me, was the CRAZY amount of MAJOR ending foreshadowing in this DLC.

From the first moment you enter the apartment, EVERY SINGLE ONE of Anderson's datapads is giving you clue after clue after clue. Everything is foreshadowed! Even the ending choice is explained!

In the ANN interview, Anderson explains exactly that a good leader always tries to save everyone, but there will be a moment where you can't. And that when you're not prepared to sacrifice people, the price you will end up paying might well be a lot higher.

He even talks about how some leaders, no matter how good they always were, will end up making the wrong decision in their defining moment. Oh, and "THE GALAXY TENDS TO MAKE EXAMPLES OF THEM". Shocked

He talks about how many people are concerned about Shepard coming back alive, FFS!

All that stuff about how your instincts can save you when you don't know what to do....

And then when he says something along the lines of "Sometimes all people need, is to get a pat on the back and be told that they did good, and that everything is going to be all right." I mean, COME ON!

I can go on and on. EVERY SINGLE one of those recordings was foreshadowing the ending!!!

The biggest jawdropper was when Zaeed and Samara were discussing that painting, and Zaeed described what it made him think of... and word for word he described the breath scene... I had tears in my eyes, goosebumps all over, I looked at that painting and realized it looked like what Shepard would see, waking up in the rubble.

And at that moment I just KNEW I was going to get to see Shepard get out of that rubble. I just KNEW.

However, as I finished the DLC I started having doubts, there was just so much content in there, that I couldn't imagine there would be more post-ending.

Sure enough, I played on through Cronos and Priority: Earth today, did the ending again, hoping for maybe a ten second clip or something at the end, but wasn't really surprised to see there wasn't anything.

So I'm just terribly confused right now.

Bioware, if you're not planning on going anywhere with the ending, then WHY FOR FUCK'S SAKE DO YOU KEEP GIVING ME HOPE WITH ALL THIS GOD DAMN FORESHADOWING!!!!!

I don't get it.

Is it just me? Did anyone else have a similar experience?

100 x yes! Felt the same way...it was awesome for what it was...but then nothing to continue to breath scene just left me reeling a bit...I have sunk some serious time into MP to try to get over it and I am slowly coming out of it. It's all there and then they just didn't use it. :(
DSharrah
DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by HomesV500 Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:17 am

SwobyJ wrote:
DoomsdayDevice wrote:
SwobyJ wrote:Aha! I LOVE you!

Fuck yes. I've felt good ever since yesterday or even the end of the 5th.

Really calm actually. I think we're good.

PS: comment on my genius posts, sheesh.

lol, sorry Swoby, I did click your links and am still checking them all out. So many threads and stuff to catch up with!

And yes, we're good. I may have just become more confident in an IT reveal than I have ever been before.

But are we like.. the last hold outs?

Because a ton of ITers have given up on it now.

Fuck - this is some giant meta-Crucible or something.

"Will it ever end?" -Shepard
I am definitely not giving up yet.
HomesV500
HomesV500
Husk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:19 am

https://youtu.be/6x1UP-dl_yI?t=12m15s
12:15

Beautiful. They gave us the epilogue before the (actual, imo) ending.

Haha... Bioware.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:24 am

DoomsdayDevice wrote:People have given up?

I am disappoint!

Jack just confirmed IT!

No she didn't. She gave more utterly useless foreshadowing/hinting. Like we need more of that. We needed a reveal. That was the last DLC.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:24 am

SwobyJ wrote:BTW, Samara romance https://youtu.be/AQ4XPyhvJpo?t=1m41s

"Everything has changed"

Already? ;)

<3

Wow, what a beautiful scene!
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:28 am

Also, Anderson said that what keeps you alive is your instincts, and your friends.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:33 am

DoomsdayDevice wrote:Also, Anderson said that what keeps you alive is your instincts, and your friends.

Anderson can keep his My Little Pony cliches. Only a reveal mattered.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:33 am

HomesV500 wrote:
SwobyJ wrote:
DoomsdayDevice wrote:
SwobyJ wrote:Aha! I LOVE you!

Fuck yes. I've felt good ever since yesterday or even the end of the 5th.

Really calm actually. I think we're good.

PS: comment on my genius posts, sheesh.

lol, sorry Swoby, I did click your links and am still checking them all out. So many threads and stuff to catch up with!

And yes, we're good. I may have just become more confident in an IT reveal than I have ever been before.

But are we like.. the last hold outs?

Because a ton of ITers have given up on it now.

Fuck - this is some giant meta-Crucible or something.

"Will it ever end?" -Shepard
I am definitely not giving up yet.

I haven't given up either...if anything this DLC made me realize just how much the game and I need a reveal - wasn't so sure that it was neccessary before - but after this, I can't see it not being a part of the plan at some point (even *shudder* if we have to wait until ME 4).

Watching some of the links...really makes me want to play it again. Guess I am going to have to start that NG++++ (I think that covers all the pluses) after all...is the best time to play Citadel right after the coup?
DSharrah
DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Pascal219 Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:35 am

DoomsdayDevice wrote:"There will be no retreat", wow, sure sounds like a final push to the beam!

Also the banner and especially the words on there. ''Stood Fast, Stood Strong, Stood Together.''

SwobyJ wrote:BTW, Samara romance https://youtu.be/AQ4XPyhvJpo?t=1m41s

"Everything has changed"

Already? ;)

<3

Beautiful!

SwobyJ wrote:

Yeah, I've decided to give them this month for a true reveal.

You know what the reveal of Citadel was though?

https://youtu.be/6x1UP-dl_yI?t=8m40s (spoilers)
8:30

Shepard is everything to the galaxy, yet nothing without his friends. Not even exactly the power of friendship, but more that other people provide context and *power* to your life.

To me, IT just GOT revealed. I need nothing else, but really want the final follow-through.

Without a follow through, the story is not finished in my opinion. It stops right before the climax, which is waking up and kicking reaper ass. The Citadel DLC would be a beautiful epilogue, a few years after the end, a final goodbye.

Also, I know it's the box art from the CE (which I have), but I love your avatar. I want to see this in the game. It will happen soon, I hope. ;)
Pascal219
Pascal219
Combat Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:38 am

Rif, I understand your frustration. I am tired of waiting too.

You'll have to forgive me for getting my hopes up once again. The content speaks for itself, IMO.

This DLC just screams that Shepard WILL get out of that rubble!

DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:41 am

Breath scene was climax.

Citadel DLC is epilogue.

We need the conclusion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next