Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gender?(poll)

+19
BansheeOwnage
spotlessvoid
DoomsdayDevice
lex0r
Arashi08
DSharrah
CaptainSlow
Dwailing
RavenEyry
skillz1986
Ghost Of Kesak11
Allynna
Fur28
Cecilia L
BleedingUranium
WeAreHarbinger
MaximizedAction
Gummy
Terramine
23 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Gender?

Gender?(poll) - Page 4 Vote_lcap69%Gender?(poll) - Page 4 Vote_rcap 69% 
[ 25 ]
Gender?(poll) - Page 4 Vote_lcap19%Gender?(poll) - Page 4 Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 7 ]
Gender?(poll) - Page 4 Vote_lcap6%Gender?(poll) - Page 4 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
Gender?(poll) - Page 4 Vote_lcap6%Gender?(poll) - Page 4 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 36

Poll closed

Gender?(poll) - Page 4 Empty Re: Gender?(poll)

Post by Terramine Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:23 pm

Take Gummy for example, she knows this all too well apparently because society... aka CULTURE, would regard her as a male regardless of whether she wants to be considered that or not.

As well, it's the cultural definition that has people look down on me for not being a "true man"... Yet I don't look down on anyone with [insert characteristics here]. So actually, I'd say my position is more tolerant.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by skillz1986 Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:44 pm

Stop contradicting yourself ffs. First you say that the only thing that determines whether we're male or female are our fucking genitals, which in itself is ignorant as hell. Then you proceed to call gummy "she" although she clearly does not fit your definition.
The cultural definition of gender makes a clear distinction between "sex" (basically your genitals) and gender (your mindset).

You deserve to be punched in the face for at least 70% of everything you have claimed over the last few pages of this thread, and i would've bet my ass that you do actually get punched every single day for speaking that shit out loud.
But then i saw your picture..and...YOU LOOK PERFECTLY FINE! No bloody nose, no blackened eyes...i'm completely baffled, i don't even....what?
skillz1986
skillz1986
Adjutant

Back to top Go down

Post by BansheeOwnage Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:47 pm

skillz1986 wrote:Stop contradicting yourself ffs. First you say that the only thing that determines whether we're male or female are our fucking genitals, which in itself is ignorant as hell. Then you proceed to call gummy "she" although she clearly does not fit your definition.
The cultural definition of gender makes a clear distinction between "sex" (basically your genitals) and gender (your mindset).

You deserve to be punched in the face for at least 70% of everything you have claimed over the last few pages of this thread, and i would've bet my ass that you do actually get punched every single day for speaking that shit out loud.
But then i saw your picture..and...YOU LOOK PERFECTLY FINE! No bloody nose, no blackened eyes...i'm completely baffled, i don't even....what?
Thank you. Banshee
BansheeOwnage
BansheeOwnage
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:19 pm

What happened to my post? This site is glitchy... I think. Anyways Gummy actually fits my definition because she is going to get a sex change.

A person who is biologically male, does not want the label of male just for the sake of having the label. They want to be accepted for who they are. It's not the label that matters, but instead the definition.

The cultural definition exists because of the biological definition. You never once in history saw a society where women lead the men did you? No, you saw the biological women bowing down to the biological men because women had to act a certain way in order to be valid and men had to act a certain way to be valid. The Cultural definition is to say a man isn't a man if he doesn't fit the role. I am saying, get rid of the roles. By reducing the definition to purely biological, then "gender" becomes unimportant as it should be considered.

There is a reason there is 2 separate isles for toys, one for biological female and one for biological males. The reason ,is because of the roles they are expected to fill. There is a link directly between cultural and biological, little girls, as in biological little girls... are expected to play with little dolls.

It's not ignorant to say the little girl is perfectly normal because she doesn't need to be fit your rolls to be a girl.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gummy Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:27 pm

Cleopatra, Egypt. First thing that came to my mind, though it's an exception.
Gummy
Gummy
Gas Bag

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:36 pm

Anyways I cannot see how it is ignorant to treat gender as trivial.

Treating it as non-trivial is what bigots have done for ages, because they think it's SOOO important for you to fit their definition. "If you are a long haired male, you are a faggot, etc." "You wear dresses? You are an abomination that must be murdered! You MUST follow our definition of male and female!"

Treating it as trivial, means people will care less about gender. "So a long haired male? Cool, right on long haired guy." "You also wear dresses? cool, more power to ya. I don't care about your gender, do what ya want."

Morgan freeman once said he thought Racism would be greatly reduced if people stopped CARING about race. He thought if people treated it like "You're Asian? Eh, whatever, unimportant." that racism would decline. I am proposing the same for Gender. If you reduce the definition to something so meaningless, then bigotry revolving around gender would greatly decline.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:44 pm

Why didn't I get beaten the shit out of? Because I'm not advocating intolerance, quite the opposite actually. I'm arguing for the elimination of fucks given towards gender.

My argument, is to reduce the fucks given to 0.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueLogic Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:05 pm

*Prepares to nuke the thread from orbit*

XO: "Sir! You're not authorized to take moderating action!"
Me: "To hell with that! Someone's gotta do something!"

*Slams the red button*

Gender?(poll) - Page 4 Hzuita10
BlueLogic
BlueLogic
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:07 pm

BlueLogic wrote:*Prepares to nuke the thread from orbit*

XO: "Sir! You're not authorized to take moderating action!"
Me: "To hell with that! Someone's gotta do something!"

*Slams the red button*

*snip*
It's on topic for the last time. No rules are being broken here.

Anyways, Morgan Freeman has the answer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMGfhXCpN2k

Adapted to the current subject:

Interviewer: "Then how are we going to get[interrupted by morgan]

Morgan Freeman: "Stop talking about it, you are gonna stop calling me a man, and I'm gonna stop calling you a woman. I know you as [insert name here] and you know me as Morgan Freeman.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:09 pm

Gender?(poll) - Page 4 Diaf_zpsddf49f00
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:57 pm

Rifneno wrote:*Snip*
Now see this, this is off topic.

But considering it is nostalgic and reminds me of how badass dinosaurs are, it is an exception.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by spotlessvoid Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:26 am

Lockdown

:devil:

spotlessvoid
spotlessvoid
Blood Pack Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Restrider Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:44 pm

spotlessvoid wrote:Lockdown

You didn't? Did you? :O

Last edited by Restrider on Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I don't care about the lockdown, rather the use of the infamous :devil: !)
Restrider
Restrider
Blood Pack Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4