Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any Skyrim fans out here?

+21
KevShep
Master Blaster
DSharrah
BlueLogic
Fur28
Brazukka
invetro
401 Kill
umadcommander
Steelcan
estebanus
Asari tears
Andromidius
Lady Jane
FFZero
solidsnake78
Norlond
BRAVO543211
Raistlin Majere
RavenEyry
GethJuggernautMKII
25 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Any Skyrim fans out here? - Page 6 Empty Re: Any Skyrim fans out here?

Post by Master Blaster Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:03 pm

I just got Skyrim on the PC. Oh and check the IT thread. Lombus found something very compeling that IT may be well true. It's a tweet from Gamble from the tigger movie, yet it wasn't the full clue that he left for us.
Master Blaster
Master Blaster
Geth Prime

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueLogic Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:30 pm

Master Blaster wrote:I just got Skyrim on the PC. Oh and check the IT thread. Lombus found something very compeling that IT may be well true. It's a tweet from Gamble from the tigger movie, yet it wasn't the full clue that he left for us.

Oh, you're in for a treat :)

Also, thanks for the tip on the great find by Lombus.
BlueLogic
BlueLogic
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by GethJuggernautMKII Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:54 pm

Theyre really throwing alot of clues at us lately.

So, MB. Tell us about your Skyrim character.
GethJuggernautMKII
GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by KevShep Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:43 am

Iam also a Skyrim player. I love Elder Scrolls.

I always play as a Breton male/werewolf.
KevShep
KevShep
Drone

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueLogic Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:48 am

KevShep wrote:Iam also a Skyrim player. I love Elder Scrolls.

Nice. That reminds me of my first Daggerfall character. Didn't realize how lucky I was to become a werewolf, until my roommate tried and got stuck with wereboar. Poor guy. I couldn't help but laugh every time he opened the character screen.

EDIT:

Any Skyrim fans out here? - Page 6 Df.Img.Race.PortraitBackground.Werewolf vs. Any Skyrim fans out here? - Page 6 Df.Img.Race.PortraitBackground.Wereboar
BlueLogic
BlueLogic
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:10 am

BlueLogic wrote:

Nice. That reminds me of my first Daggerfall character. Didn't realize how lucky I was to become a werewolf, until my roommate tried and got stuck with wereboar. Poor guy. I couldn't help but laugh every time he opened the character screen.

EDIT:

Any Skyrim fans out here? - Page 6 Df.Img.Race.PortraitBackground.Werewolf vs. Any Skyrim fans out here? - Page 6 Df.Img.Race.PortraitBackground.Wereboar

Speaking of other were-forms...anyone else play Dragonborn and come across the pack of Were-Bears in the "wild" yet? Had me thinking that they were be a quest for it, but didn't come across it before switching back to ME3 MP for awhile.
DSharrah
DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Brazukka Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:57 am

DSharrah wrote:
BlueLogic wrote:

EDIT:

Speaking of other were-forms...anyone else play Dragonborn and come across the pack of Were-Bears in the "wild" yet? Had me thinking that they were be a quest for it, but didn't come across it before switching back to ME3 MP for awhile.
I did. There is a quest indeed. Someone on skaal village gives it, i can't remember his name though.
Brazukka
Brazukka
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Post by Argolas Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:24 am

I played Skyrim for a while when it was new, but I somehow never "finished" it (like anyone could do that, but I mean not even the main quest, got distracted by random dungeons and quests too easily). I recently started a new game with a female Nord and made the perfect armor before even starting to adventure, so I now have a Level 35 character that is basic value in all combat-relevant stats...

It works fine mostly, but I don't stand a chance against Mirmulnir's fire breath. I guess I need to find some anti-magic enchants first.
Argolas
Argolas
Cannibal

Back to top Go down

Post by GethJuggernautMKII Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:18 pm

Argolas wrote:I played Skyrim for a while when it was new, but I somehow never "finished" it (like anyone could do that, but I mean not even the main quest, got distracted by random dungeons and quests too easily). I recently started a new game with a female Nord and made the perfect armor before even starting to adventure, so I now have a Level 35 character that is basic value in all combat-relevant stats...

It works fine mostly, but I don't stand a chance against Mirmulnir's fire breath. I guess I need to find some anti-magic enchants first.

Most potion shops sell fire resistance draughts if youre lacking in alchemy talent. Also fire resistant gear seem to be pretty common loot. Theres also a shout somewhere that will force any targeted dragon to plummet from the sky and remain grounded.
GethJuggernautMKII
GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by Argolas Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:21 pm

GethPrimeMKII wrote:
Argolas wrote:I played Skyrim for a while when it was new, but I somehow never "finished" it (like anyone could do that, but I mean not even the main quest, got distracted by random dungeons and quests too easily). I recently started a new game with a female Nord and made the perfect armor before even starting to adventure, so I now have a Level 35 character that is basic value in all combat-relevant stats...

Most potion shops sell fire resistance draughts if youre lacking in alchemy talent. Also fire resistant gear seem to be pretty common loot. Theres also a shout somewhere that will force any targeted dragon to plummet from the sky and remain grounded.

Heh, my alchemy is 100 as a result of the perfect armor- making process, plus perfect Alchemy/Smithing equip ;)

The "problem" is really that I have such a high level without decent combat training, almost no enchants because I just started adventuring and armor does not protect against magic. Also, the Dragonrend shout is far away, Mirmulnir is the first dragon in the game, the one near Whiterun^^ But yes, I forgot something, stupid me could make resistance potions scratch
Argolas
Argolas
Cannibal

Back to top Go down

Post by GethJuggernautMKII Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:30 pm

I found that its best to develop your combat skills naturally while taking on quests. Power leveling skills early sounds like a great idea, but you'll never be able to assign enough perk points to match the enemies whose levels will scale up along with yours.
GethJuggernautMKII
GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by Norlond Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:49 pm

Enderal pre-alpha screenshots incoming!

Spoiler:
Are they amazing or are they amazing?
Norlond
Norlond
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/user/Skyzzed

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:51 pm

Enderal?

And forget combat skills, I always powerlevel smithing.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Argolas Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:27 pm

Yeah, I did it like that before, but I wanted to try this method to create a perfect armor right at the beginning of the game. Here's what I did at the beginning after going to Whiterun as soon as possible:

Alchemy: Levl 100/ 7 Perks for perfect potions (buy the ingredients for the most efficient potions at Arcania's and sell those potions back to her immediatly, once I had the money I also let her train my alchemy skill as high as possible)
Smith: Lvl 100/ 10 Perks for all perfect armor (buying iron and leather, making iron daggers, I know it's a little waste of perks but I want to be able to improve and use all kinds of armor)
Enchant: Lvl 100/ 8 Perks for perfect enchants (buying soul gems from Farengar and enchanting the iron daggers I made, selling those daggers afterwards)

Then I made a +Enchant potion, enchanted something with +Alchemy, made a better +Enchant potion, better +Alchemy equip and so on until I hit the cap (+29% alchemy) to make perfect +Enchant potions, then I used those to make perfect crafting equip (Amulet, Ring and Gloves with +29% Alchemy and +29% Smith, Helmet with +29% Alchemy, Armor with +29% Smith). Then I made a full set of daedric armor and all daedric weapons and improved them with the perfect crafting equipment and perfect Smithing potions.

The basic idea is that with this method, I could get every rather boring part of the game out of the way immediately at the beginning and only have to do that once because if I wanted to play another character later, I could use the console to change it from my savegame right after finishing the armor since the character is still perfectly neutral in any other way at this point, may it be factions or skills.

Positive side effects:

- No need for loot anymore, I only take with me what I want to have
- Perfect self-made potions (for example, I can make +203 healing potions from common ingredients)
- Speech leveled up to 72 while I was buying and selling stuff
- ~70k gold left from the process, more can easily be obtained by making enchanted daggers if I need to
- ~160 lockpicks I picked up while I was selling stuff in Whiterun

So all in all, it is a boring and exhausting process, and you have a little disadvantage against magic enemies at the beginning. However, the badass equipment makes up for the lack of skills, and since I had 10 Perk points left and low skills increase quickly, catching up doesn't take too long. Once I am lucky enough to find some decent enchants, I can cover my magic weakness as well, and then my character should already be more powerful than others at that level. After that, playing the game is a lot more relaxing since you don't have to worry about a lot of things, it is especially nice that I can afford to ignore almost all heavy loot which means a lot less annoying storing and selling trips.
Argolas
Argolas
Cannibal

Back to top Go down

Post by Argolas Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:30 pm

Screens look great w00t

By the way guys, can anyone tell me if the Skyrim DLCs are worth it? I mean, I only have the main game and still tons of content ahead of me, so if they aren't REALLY amazing I'd rather not buy them for now and try them out once I've seen enough of the main game.
Argolas
Argolas
Cannibal

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueLogic Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:36 pm

Argolas wrote:Screens look great w00t

By the way guys, can anyone tell me if the Skyrim DLCs are worth it? I mean, I only have the main game and still tons of content ahead of me, so if they aren't REALLY amazing I'd rather not buy them for now and try them out once I've seen enough of the main game.

Wow, is that future DLC for Skyrim? I wasn't aware any plans had been announced, but then again, I'm not paying much attention.

I don't personally own any DLC for Skyrim yet for the exact reason you described. So...much...content. Shocked
BlueLogic
BlueLogic
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:44 pm

Argolas wrote:

Dawnguard is very much worth it. Haven't played the other two, but will eventually.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by GethJuggernautMKII Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:46 pm

I cant wait for the dlc to roll out on the ps3. I say theyre worth it. Each one adds new skills spells and weapons as well as tons of hours of quests. They make an impossibly huge game even more massive.
GethJuggernautMKII
GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by Norlond Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:57 pm

BlueLogic wrote:Wow, is that future DLC for Skyrim? I wasn't aware any plans had been announced, but then again, I'm not paying much attention.
No it's a total conversion: they use skyrim's engine and build a new world, with its own lore, story, races, classes, items, spells etc. (full voice acting included)
It's made by SureAI, a german modding team, they have made total conversions before: Arktwend and Myar Aranarth for Morrowind and Nehrim for Oblivion.
Here is the website for Enderal and here is their forum (has an english section too)

Here's Nehrim's release trailer with english subs, quality's not the best because it's not an official trailer
Spoiler:
Norlond
Norlond
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/user/Skyzzed

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueLogic Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:27 pm

Sounds awesome. I'll check it out when I get home thanks!
BlueLogic
BlueLogic
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by Argolas Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:28 am

I just saw a ghost while wandering in the wilderness, but it disappeared at once since it was becoming day. I didn't see it much longer than like 3 seconds, but I think it was a man who had armor.

I've seen a ghost on a horse before, but never this. Any idea what that one was?
Argolas
Argolas
Cannibal

Back to top Go down

Post by GethJuggernautMKII Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:26 pm

Dragonborn hits PS3 tomorrow!!!

Any Skyrim fans out here? - Page 6 OBAMA
GethJuggernautMKII
GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by Argolas Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:43 pm

GethPrimeMKII wrote:Dragonborn hits PS3 tomorrow!!!

I suppose you tried it by now? How is it?

About my own playthrough: The perk investments during my powerleveling are starting to pay off. I'll soon reach the Armor cap with my daedric armor without a single perk in Heavy Armor.
Argolas
Argolas
Cannibal

Back to top Go down

Post by GethJuggernautMKII Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:52 pm

So far so good. I'm really enjoying this DLC so far.
GethJuggernautMKII
GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by CSSteele Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:55 am

I have two characters, first one is a 20 something Dark elf mage, based off of a character I played back in EverQuest years ago. Shame you can't be a proper necromancer. (I've messed with a few Necromancy mods, not overly impressed really.)

Second is an Imperial, she's only level 10 or so, stealthy dual wielding type, but focuses on the heavier side of combat. She's based on my 'main' character I've played in RPG's for about 17 years, starting in the Pen and Paper game 'Heroes Unlimited'.
CSSteele
CSSteele
Nemesis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next