Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any Skyrim fans out here?

+21
KevShep
Master Blaster
DSharrah
BlueLogic
Fur28
Brazukka
invetro
401 Kill
umadcommander
Steelcan
estebanus
Asari tears
Andromidius
Lady Jane
FFZero
solidsnake78
Norlond
BRAVO543211
Raistlin Majere
RavenEyry
GethJuggernautMKII
25 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Any Skyrim fans out here? - Page 7 Empty Re: Any Skyrim fans out here?

Post by Argolas Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:30 am

I'm bored right now, I guess I could as well introduce my current character.

It's a female Nord (Level 53) and other than my old characters, it's not really a roleplay run but rather a completionist run with all quests played out as I want them to, regardless of consistency and with using UESP in order to make sure I get the rewards I want. This involves, for example, finishing all guilds in the game and always siding with the Daedra. The only faction I joined thus far is the Bard's College, already completed those quests. I also did a crapload of neutral quests already, including all deadric and devine quests and the majority of the non-miscellanious quests in the towns (I am also already Thane everywhere except Windhelm). I plan to do a little more neutral quests and then join the guilds in the following order:

Thieves Guild => Dark Brotherhood => College of Winterhold => Companions => Imperial Legion

and after that the main quest, I only played until I get the objective to go to High-Hrothgar thus far.

My character currently wears a set of daedric armor with 533 armor without shield (662 with shield, but barely makes a difference due to the cap), a deadric sword (146), Dagger (139) and Bow (188). I usually do sneak attacks with bow or dagger, when I get caught I use sword and shield. Other than a bit of Restoration and a few books, I didn't level any magic skills yet. My perks so far are:

Alchemy: 7 Perks (Level 100)
Smithing: 10 Perks (Level 100)
Enchant: 8 Perks (Level 100)
One-handed: 6 Perks (Level 70)
Archery: 5 Perks (Level 89)
Sneak: 12 Perks (Level 82)
Speechecraft: 4 Perks (Level 83)

Other singificant skills:

Heavy Armor (Level 80)
Lockpicking (Level 89)
Light Armor (Level 75, got there by training, not practice)

I am getting lessons in Conjuration right now (currently Level 33) because I can't think of anything important to train for anymore and since Conjuration is one of those things I don't feel like training and the Master trainer is accessible without a guild, I might as well.

I need one more perk for sneaking once I'm at 100, after that I guess I will spend most perks in one-handed and archery. I don't know what I will do after that though.
Argolas
Argolas
Cannibal

Back to top Go down

Post by GethJuggernautMKII Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:37 pm

I'm loving Dragonborn. Its as challanging as I hoped it would be. Its a shame you can't conjure lurkers without the use of mods though.
GethJuggernautMKII
GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by BRAVO543211 Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:59 pm

Who needs Lurkers? I've got a Revered Dragon, for about five minutes then I need a new one.
BRAVO543211
BRAVO543211
Varren

Location : The horrble irradiated remains of Boston, on a quest to locate the Scourge of the Wastes, DCHoaxer

Back to top Go down

Post by GethJuggernautMKII Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:12 pm

Correct me if Im wrong, but doesnt Dawnguard come with a shout that summons a spectral dragon?
GethJuggernautMKII
GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:23 pm

It does indeed. And a horse. Free horse at any time.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by lex0r Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:05 am

Skyrim is one of those games worth every $/€ spent.

200+ hours for just one character speaks for itself.
lex0r
lex0r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GethJuggernautMKII Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:24 am

I'm loving the black book powers. Mora's Agony compliments my attack strategy perfectly. Now I use summoned deadra to attack head on while flanking the enemy from afar, and once I got them cornered, I unleash Mora's Agony and rapidly deplete their health.
GethJuggernautMKII
GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by Norlond Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:17 pm

To settle the conflict once and for all!

VS

I'm just kidding, I'm sure Skyrim on console can be fun as well Laughing

But srsly, PC wins Bandit

Just kidding Tongue ...or am I?
Norlond
Norlond
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/user/Skyzzed

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueLogic Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:54 pm

Personally I've played Elderscrolls games exclusively on PC since Daggerfall. The same goes for Skyrim, but I hate hate hate the mouse and keyboard controls this time around. WHAT HAPPENED??? Hopefully it's just me.

Luckily I've got a couple of 360 controllers I use for street fighter 4 (I suck so badly at that). Anyway, once I mastered dual analog control, I found I far prefer the precision it affords you in movement speed. Menus are super quick to navigate as well where they are atrocious with the mouse.

So, I remain a PC guy, with a controller. *hangs head in shame*

Last edited by BlueLogic on Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
BlueLogic
BlueLogic
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by GethJuggernautMKII Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:12 am

I've been working on getting enchantment up to lvl 100. Is it posible to have two of the same enchantments on the same item?

GethJuggernautMKII
GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by Argolas Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:10 am

GethPrimeMKII wrote:I've been working on getting enchantment up to lvl 100. Is it posible to have two of the same enchantments on the same item?

Generally no, only two different ones, although there is one exception: There are two versions of Magic Resistance, the common one and the one on the Shield of Solitude. If you have them both, you can make a double Magic Resistance item. I thought about doing that, but chose not to, it feels like an exploit.
Argolas
Argolas
Cannibal

Back to top Go down

Post by GethJuggernautMKII Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:01 am

I'm nearing lvl 100 on enchanting. I will choose enchantments for my pendant, ring, and weapons that I feel compliment my fighting style very well. If possible, my ring and pendant will both have conjuration spell cost reduction and bow damage enchantments. My bow will have magicka draining and magicka damage.

The goal I have in mind is being able to cast powerful conjurations, and drain my enemy's magicka reserves to replenish my own and keep my nightmare factory of conjured demons going. With this I'm better equipped to handle long fights against multiple, strong opponents while taking little to no damage myself. As an added bonus, I will be able to bleed an enemy dragon dry and prevent them from using their breath attacks.

In other news: Hearthfire comes out tomorrow for the PS3!! I have one question about that. How many mannequins does a fully furnished house come with? I have a lot of unique light armor sets I'd like to decorate my place with.
GethJuggernautMKII
GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by Argolas Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:06 am

Interesting strategy. Myself, I rely on strong defense and a good supply of homemade +203 HP/Magicka/Stamina potions.
My armor set basically gives me a fine anti-magic resistance and hit the physical cap, the other effects are free Destruction spells (mainly for weapon charge, but maybe I'll learn to spam some spells later) plus a boost on sneaking, lockpicking and pickpocketing. My bow drains Health and Magicka, my sword drains Health and Stamina.

I honestly don't use any magic at all right now except healing myself after battles. Maybe I should consider that for a change.
Argolas
Argolas
Cannibal

Back to top Go down

Post by GethJuggernautMKII Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:25 am

What enchantments get added with dragonborn and dawnguard? I recently discovered chaos element enchantments. The description of it sounds quite overpowered.
GethJuggernautMKII
GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by Argolas Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:54 am

What do they do? I didn't buy any DLC yet.

Anyway, good thing that good equipment can easily be remade if you want something new. The critical part is fortunately skills, not ingredients.
Argolas
Argolas
Cannibal

Back to top Go down

Post by GethJuggernautMKII Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:22 pm

Ok. Chaos damage is quite a treat for spell-swordsmen and battle mages. It gives each element (fire, lightning, ice) a 50% chance of activating upon hitting an enemy and dealing elemental damage. So a weapon enchanted with chaos damage can simultaneously hit an enemy fire ice and lightning damage in one swing
GethJuggernautMKII
GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by GethJuggernautMKII Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:52 am

Currently hard at work building a base of operations in Hjaalmarch
GethJuggernautMKII
GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by BRAVO543211 Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:03 am

At last I have done it! I have reached level 80 with one of my characters and have been challenged by The Ebony Warrior, the toughest, strongest foe in the entire game. It took three tries, a lot of healing spells, dozens of hits from my Dragonbone Sword but at last I killed him in a glorious kill cinematic of me decapitating him. Now if only I could find more guys like this that actually provided a challenge.....
BRAVO543211
BRAVO543211
Varren

Location : The horrble irradiated remains of Boston, on a quest to locate the Scourge of the Wastes, DCHoaxer

Back to top Go down

Post by GethJuggernautMKII Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:04 pm

My current bounty in Solitude is just shy of 20k and I have a mansion located just past the marsh from Solitude. I see it as a bold move and a challenge to the Solitude guard.
GethJuggernautMKII
GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by Argolas Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:22 pm

20k bounty? How did you do that?

You took Tullius' Sweet Roll, did you?
Argolas
Argolas
Cannibal

Back to top Go down

Post by GethJuggernautMKII Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:13 pm

It all started with the Dark Brotherhood mission to assassinate the Emperor's cousin in Solitude. I decided to do it Assassin's Creed style - Nice, messy, and in plain sight.

Every following trip to Solitude involves killing patrolling guards for sport and robbing nobles. Normally I stay perfectly hidden, but I want to be seen committing these crimes to see how far I can go before they send the army after me.
GethJuggernautMKII
GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by Argolas Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:35 pm

Little update on my current character in case anyone is interested:

Level 63, shortly conquered Windhelm for a dead emperor. With that, she finished the last guild. Skills at 100:

Alchemy, Smithing, Enchant, Light Armor, Security.

Currently using heavy armor, one-handed sword and shield and occasionally my bow which I already leveled to 96.
Argolas
Argolas
Cannibal

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:47 am

Currently going through Dragonborn on my heavy armor, sword and board Argonian. I focus heavily on smithing only using armor (and most of time weapons) I have forged myself. A few mods to increase the diversity in weapons and armor help keeps things interesting.

Anyway my game is heavily modded with revamp of perk trees, stealth, magic ect, to what i consider more balanced and fun. Also upped combat difficulty a bit to get a proper challenge out of the game as I feel once you pass level 20-25 most enemies are simply not a threat anymore.

Also I use several mods which increase the games visual side and a few which enhance immersion, such as an enhanced AI routines for animals and more birds.

Also finally fixed (or at least reduced) a bug which at times made my game unbelievably bright and flashing.

Dont know what to do with my Argonian after Dragonborn though. I have barely done any major quests or the main quest beyond a minimum. Mostly I just travelled from mine to mine, clearing them and farming to increase smithing skill :)

So lots of things to do for my Argonian, though for now I want to reach Dragonbone armor.
Raistlin Majere
Raistlin Majere
N7

Back to top Go down

Post by GethJuggernautMKII Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:02 pm

Id like to start a second character. So many possibilities Im thinking of.

I considering the following:

An Argonian dragon knight that focuses on rapid health and stamina recovery and wields a battle ax for wide sweeping attacks that can devastate mobs. This character would also make use of shouts like dragon aspect and fire breath.

A dunmer necromancer. Id probably go without weapons on this class and use bound weapons and spells. The quicker the corpse pile grows the quicker i can form a small army.

A breton templar that focues on complete magic suppression and resistance. This guy will be designed to be a nightmare for any mage with near impervious magic defense and weapons enchanted for magic damage.

I have more ideas but its difficult to type long posts on the phone. Ill add more of my ideas later
GethJuggernautMKII
GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by Argolas Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:15 pm

Interesting ideas, they all sound like they are worth a try.

Myself, I would like to play an Aldmer siding with the Thalmor once but unfortunately , that is hardly possible. I admit it makes very little sense in the story for the Dragonborn to support the Thalmor though. Then again, Morrowind offered an interesting alternate way to finish the main quest as well...
Argolas
Argolas
Cannibal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next