Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

+35
jojon2se
OneWithTheAssassins
Restrider
dorktainian
CSSteele
TurianRebel212
Raistlin Majere
RavenEyry
ZerebusPrime
Dwailing
vlad78
demersel
windsurfing
ericformans_sisterisdead
lex0r
clennon8
ThatWhichYouKnowAsReapers
Jusseb
symbowles
Davik Kang
Steelcan
Eryri
Byne
Rifneno
DoomsdayDevice
ElSuperGecko
hyolo
noobcannon
Maximus
Rankincountry
Pascal219
DSharrah
Master Blaster
spotlessvoid
Hanako Ikezawa
39 posters

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 9 Empty Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by Terramine Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:35 am

spotlessvoid wrote:
Terramine wrote:
spotlessvoid wrote:The troops have my empathy, not my support. You are a scared child and you think the military will make you tough.  You're an idiot.
Agree to disagree, you're insulting me unprovoked.

Also FYI, I did NOT MAKE IT INTO A DEBATE ABOUT GENDER. I was contributing to the conversation about the voice acting of MaleShep/FemShep. Someone else then targeted the labels I used.

You are not a victim.
Don't just assert that, back it up considering I actually made claims and reasoned them out. This time y'all literally are just insulting and hating for NO REASON. Completely unprovoked.

DoomsdayDevice wrote:No, you didn't start it this time, nevertheless you insist on posting personal off-topic flame-baitish randomness. This is not your personal blog.
How in the hell is it flame-baitish? Last I checked joining the military is majority considered respectable? Nor do I know anyone here's views on war or soldiers. Honestly, at the very least, this is a baseless claim on your part.

spotlessvoid wrote:You don't need a friend. You need to be honest with yourself. Stop trying so hard to make others like you. Like yourself first.
I disagree, when a person has no friends and they struggle to accept themselves. They are told to seek a therapist... whom will just comfort them and tell them it's OK to love yourself, because you're loveable. The very thing genuine friendship teaches.

I'm respecting myself enough to give the idea that I'm likeable a chance. Which is where I try to make friends. If y'all don't want to be friends then fine. I approached this community for well... the community. I wanted to contribute and become a respectable member.

I respect y'all guys, so if you want me gone then I'm gone. This time I really am claiming to be gone forever, peace peace.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 9 Empty Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by Steelcan Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:36 am

DoomsdayDevice wrote:No, you didn't start it this time, nevertheless you insist on posting personal off-topic flame-baitish randomness. This is not your personal blog. Socializing is what the chat is for.

nah apparently its for anime and VN discussion
Steelcan
Steelcan
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:45 am

Terramine wrote:
DoomsdayDevice wrote:No, you didn't start it this time, nevertheless you insist on posting personal off-topic flame-baitish randomness. This is not your personal blog.
How in the hell is it flame-baitish? Last I checked joining the military is majority considered respectable? Nor do I know anyone here's views on war or soldiers. Honestly, at the very least, this is a baseless claim on your part.

Because just mentioning the military is enough to spark a debate about it. It's a very controversial subject. We don't need more off-topic debates.

It's like saying "Hey you guys, I'm joining the Jehova's Witnesses!", and expecting everyone to give you the jolly thumbs up.

Terramine wrote:
spotlessvoid wrote:You don't need a friend. You need to be honest with yourself. Stop trying so hard to make others like you. Like yourself first.
I disagree, when a person has no friends and they struggle to accept themselves. They are told to seek a therapist... whom will just comfort them and tell them it's OK to love yourself, because you're loveable. The very thing genuine friendship teaches.

I'm respecting myself enough to give the idea that I'm likeable a chance. Which is where I try to make friends. If y'all don't want to be friends then fine. I approached this community for well... the community. I wanted to contribute and become a respectable member.

I respect y'all guys, so if you want me gone then I'm gone. This time I really am claiming to be gone forever, peace peace.

Spot is right. If you can't like yourself, it doesn't matter how much others tell you that they like you, because you'll have no basis to believe them. The insecurity will stay. It's like pouring water in a bottomless cup.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by spotlessvoid Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:47 am

If you're struggling to like yourself maybe it's because you need to change.
spotlessvoid
spotlessvoid
Blood Pack Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:54 am

smash016 wrote:You see, the thing is, I never experienced Meer past ME1 simply because I quit playing before I get the chance. Judging from videos, he has improved, but that's just too bad. ME1 is as important as the rest of the story. Seriously, I tried playing male Shepard twice. Just couldn't stand him.

Want to know the outcome of some sporting events while you're back there in 2007?

As for your other remarks -- grow the fuck up. Maybe then I'll stop copping out on our chats here.

I doubt that. You do that because you're wrong and don't have the guts to admit it, not because I'm a dick.

>Funny pictures of Kai Leng

Simple and it doesn't even hint upon his many failings but this has always been my favorite for some reason.
(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 9 60d325c67f1de9296c23ccc6ed2d67f6-d4zvpcm

Excellent point. Touche.

Do you know at what speed rounds fired by Mass Effect weaponery travel?

Surprisingly no, we just know their rate of acceleration (which I doubt is limitless since they aren't going to pass the barrier of light speed without an on-board mass effect engine). Really the only thing we do know is that they're slower than light.

I wonder if those could be compared to nuclear explosions in the high atmosphere.
Nuclear winter anyone?

Yes, definitely.
Possibly. The fact that the explosions are at very high altitude would greatly mitigate it though. Nuclear winter happens when explosions throw so much dirt and debris into the atmosphere that it blocks out the sun.

This information is repeated in the codex and in the depiction of some turian space battles on some planet I forgot the name of.

This is a serious piece of lore and breaching it is higly significant imho.

Palaven. Their own home world.

Why? Because fuck you, lore. That's why.

Another piece of lore that's violated in both of these space battles is that the Reapers have far superior targeting computers because of course they do. This means that the Reapers can fire at much longer range than organic ships. Yet in both scenes, we see the organics closing distance, opening fire, and then the Reapers returning fire.

Raistlin Majere wrote:Also the reason FTL weapons are not in use is because of a lock in FTL technology shutting it down if it is aimed at a solid target. This is a fail safe by the Reapers to prevent FTL weaponry being used against them. It can be circumvented as some Batarian terrorists did and replecating that process might be key to defeating the Reapers.

*Turian terrorists. But yes. Another interesting thing to note is that the Reapers themselves don't use any form of attack at FTL. They could do it with ease, but they never do. I think they're so scared of what would happen if organics got ahold of that tech that they don't even use it themselves on the off chance it might get into organic hands be reverse engineered.

vlad78 wrote:the most powerful nuclear warhead ever tested on earth. = around 150 megatons

The Tsar bomb was the largest at 50 megatons. It was originally designed at 100 megatons but was downscaled because they didn't want to do too much damage with the test.
The 1883 eruption of Krakatoa was estimated at 200 megatons though. There was basically no summer that year because of a minor volcanic winter caused by the explosion. Some visual aids are needed to explain what happened that day.

Before
(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 9 Krakatau%20pre_eruption

After
(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 9 Krakatau%20post_eruption

That striped line indicates the part of the island that had been redistributed into the upper atmosphere.

And people think Mt. St. Helen's was bad.

Anyway, it had a major global impact. It was the loudest sound ever heard by man. But the fact that it made summer go bye-bye was due to the fact the explosion happened underground - an upper atmosphere explosion would not have near the devastation. Besides which, we have to remember what percentage of Earth is actually occupied by humans. The majority of it is water, and even a large percentage of the land remains uninhabited. Even with all those dreadnought rounds going off, I don't see any of them getting lucky enough to land near a metropolis. Disaster movies always show stuff like asteroids having just incredible pinpoint accuracy on Earth's largest cities.

Steelcan wrote:
DoomsdayDevice wrote:No, you didn't start it this time, nevertheless you insist on posting personal off-topic flame-baitish randomness. This is not your personal blog. Socializing is what the chat is for.

nah apparently its for anime and VN discussion

I don't like that you're not wrong.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:32 am

Rifneno wrote:
smash016 wrote:You see, the thing is, I never experienced Meer past ME1 simply because I quit playing before I get the chance. Judging from videos, he has improved, but that's just too bad. ME1 is as important as the rest of the story. Seriously, I tried playing male Shepard twice. Just couldn't stand him.

Want to know the outcome of some sporting events while you're back there in 2007?

As for your other remarks -- grow the fuck up. Maybe then I'll stop copping out on our chats here.

I doubt that.  You do that because you're wrong and don't have the guts to admit it, not because I'm a dick.

I know that's what you believe. Alas, I don't think you're a dick. You're immature, is all.

Just because your comebacks sound witty / funny on occasion doesn't make you more right than anyone else. You're basing yourself on ad hominem arguments more than anything else. At least in this particular discussion. That's what you call being right, apparently. (If not, remind me where you were factually right. Besides, how can any one of us be right about a matter as subjective as one's favorite VA? I for one, don't even try to be right because I know I can never be.)

Plus you're only second to Terramine in not shutting up about stuff nobody cares about.

I was long done with discussing Meer's accent because it wasn't the point and it isn't that interesting. Accept this.
smash016
smash016
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:27 am

smash016 wrote:I know that's what you believe. Alas, I don't think you're a dick. You're immature, is all.

Tomato, tomato.

... That doesn't really work with text.

Just because your comebacks sound witty / funny on occasion doesn't make you more right than anyone else. You're basing yourself on ad hominem arguments more than anything else. At least in this particular discussion. That's what you call being right, apparently. (If not, remind me where you were factually right. Besides, how can any one of us be right about a matter as subjective as one's favorite VA? I for one, don't even try to be right because I know I can never be.)

Ad hominem is when you insult people rather than make a counterpoint to the debate. I prefer to do both.
Anyway... Guy can't even hide his Canadian accent. That's not my opinion, that's proof he's a technically lousy voice actor. No, you claimed it was not a matter of opinion and that Meer was objectively bad. Now you're backpeddling into it being a matter of opinion because, unlike Meer's VA abilities, you were objectively and factually wrong.

Plus you're only second to Terramine in not shutting up about stuff nobody cares about.

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 9 IuyVxG0_zps49bc1d9f

Dr. House

I was long done with discussing Meer's accent because it wasn't the point and it isn't that interesting. Accept this.

Your continued posts on the matter say otherwise.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:51 am

I'm done discussing his accent, I'm not done discussing your shortcomings.

Again, remind me where you proved Meer has no accent / his accent popping up randomly is no sign of substandard voice technique.

The rest of what I originally said was an expression of my opinion and also the whole point.
smash016
smash016
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:07 am

So, no bonus points?
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:09 am

smash016 wrote:I'm done discussing his accent, I'm not done discussing your shortcomings.

Again, remind me where you proved Meer has no accent / his accent popping up randomly is no sign of substandard voice technique.

The rest of what I originally said was an expression of my opinion and also the whole point.

Maybe you could provide us with some examples of his accent slipping? Admittedly I don't have much experience with a Canadian accent, but I don't recall Meer's really slipping at any point.
Raistlin Majere
Raistlin Majere
N7

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:49 am

I wouldn't because I don't think it warrants further attention -- like I said, if he sounded Canadian all the time, or sounded what I regard standard American all the time, I'd dislike him as much. It was just an example, together with his comparatively limited resume, of how he could be objectively inferior to Hale.

I simply dislike him because my personal experience clearly indicates his voice acting is much worse than Hale's. He sounds like a geek, flat, and too much like a saint. But hey, maybe it was per BW's instructions.

Nevertheless, I just so happen to remember a particular comparison video that I'll try to share here when I get home.
smash016
smash016
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by vlad78 Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:10 pm

I like Meer. Laughing

@Rifreno
'Anyway, it had a major global impact. It was the loudest sound ever heard by man. But the fact that it made summer go bye-bye was due to the fact the explosion happened underground - an upper atmosphere explosion would not have near the devastation. Besides which, we have to remember what percentage of Earth is actually occupied by humans. The majority of it is water, and even a large percentage of the land remains uninhabited. Even with all those dreadnought rounds going off, I don't see any of them getting lucky enough to land near a metropolis. Disaster movies always show stuff like asteroids having just incredible pinpoint accuracy on Earth's largest cities.'

Accuracy is not the problem.
Sword fleet which was made of almost all combat ready ships in the galaxy had to give everything it had to even get a chance to annoy the reapers.
Everything at all.
it had to fire until its guns were glowing red.
There had to be quite a lot of shots of all sizes which would miss and all of them would impact earth.
We 're not talking about one explosion but hundreds if not thousands or more.

I'm not even sure earth atmosphere could withstand such a shelling.
The rise of temperature in the higher part of the atmosphere would be catastrophic, the consequences of the explosions will produce hurricanes of unseen proportions.
Part of the atmosphere might even be ejected into space...
some shells might even touch ground (antiship torpedoes might well withstand the reentry as they are designed to go through the thoughest armor) to add some destruction.

If you're pessimistic, you could even consider it would make of earth a world like Ilos.
vlad78
vlad78
Nemesis

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:18 pm

vlad78 wrote:I like Meer.  Laughing

You have much to learn. Twisted Evil

As promised, the comparison video.

A fine example of his accent can be heard at 0:26-0:30 -- "We'll be ready for them, tew."

Well, I'm not going to tell you my thoughts on this comparison. Already made it clear where I stand.

Also, for what it's worth, TVTropes says this under "Ooh Me Accent's Slipping":

Mark Meer (the voice actor for male Shepard) is Canadian. He does his best to sound completely neutral in regards to accent, but it does slip through from time to time (most noticeably when saying "been" with a long E sound.

Everyone satisfied now? Then let's move on.
smash016
smash016
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by spotlessvoid Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:12 pm

The question is are you satisfied?
spotlessvoid
spotlessvoid
Blood Pack Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:42 pm

Why?
smash016
smash016
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by TurianRebel212 Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:52 pm

Wow.... This thread.

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 9 15169_original
TurianRebel212
TurianRebel212
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:17 pm

vlad78 wrote:I like Meer.  Laughing

Good man.

I don't even dislike Hale as a VA. She's a good actress. But that's all: good. Her crazed fanbase acts like she's the second coming and Meer is committing sacrilege by breathing the same air let alone voicing the same character. The fact that Hale misled IT'ers is just a cherry on top of the ass sundae.

Accuracy is not the problem.
Sword fleet which was made of almost all combat ready ships in the galaxy had to give everything it had to even get a chance to annoy the reapers.
Everything at all.
it had to fire until its guns were glowing red.
There had to be quite a lot of shots of all sizes which would miss and all of them would impact earth.
We 're not talking about one explosion but hundreds if not thousands or more.

I'm not even sure earth atmosphere could withstand such a shelling.
The rise of temperature in the higher part of the atmosphere would be catastrophic, the consequences of the explosions will produce hurricanes of unseen proportions.
Part of the atmosphere might even be ejected into space...
some shells might even touch ground (antiship torpedoes might well withstand the reentry as they are designed to go through the thoughest armor) to add some destruction.

If you're pessimistic, you could even consider it would make of earth a world like Ilos.

Quite true. The only saving grace seems to be that the Reapers don't seem to care enough to dodge any attacks.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:26 pm

TurianRebel212 wrote:Wow.... This thread.

Yep. There are times it brings out the worst in everyone.
smash016
smash016
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:32 pm

1. Even if you ignore all the potential missed shots hitting Earth, all those warships exploding in orbit are going to send enough element zero down to the planet to poison much or all of the remaining life.  Earth be ****er'ed.  Only Queen Starsha of Iscandar* can save it at this point.

2. Meer is fine.  So are CANADIANS. IN. SPACE!!!!!  Hell, watch India get a manned mission to Mars done before anyone else.  And I will applaud them.  In the meantime, we need more accented heroes.  Colony Shepard could easily have come from a colony funded by Australia, for instance.

*Starblazers!!!!!!!!!!  You knew that, right?

Last edited by ZerebusPrime on Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:40 pm; edited 3 times in total
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by spotlessvoid Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:34 pm

smash016 wrote:

speak for yourself. pretty much everyone here has gotten on splendidly for years now.
spotlessvoid
spotlessvoid
Blood Pack Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by TurianRebel212 Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:41 pm

ZerebusPrime wrote:1. Even if you ignore all the potential missed shots hitting Earth, all those warships exploding in orbit are going to send enough element zero down to the planet to poison much or all of the remaining life.  Earth be ****er'ed.  Only Queen Starsha of Iscandar can save it* at this point.

2. Meer is fine.  So are CANADIANS. IN. SPACE!!!!!  Hell, watch India get a manned mission to Mars done before anyone else.  And I will applaud them.  In the meantime, we need more accented heroes.  Colony Shepard could easily have come from a colony funded by Australia, for instance.

*Starblazers!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, forgot about that one, yeah the element zero would fuck shit up too.

Meer is awesome as Shepard, especially renegade Shepard in ME2, lol. But I still think HALO is slightly better, she delivers lines with more energy.

Last edited by TurianRebel212 on Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
TurianRebel212
TurianRebel212
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:41 pm

spotlessvoid wrote:
smash016 wrote:

speak for yourself. pretty much everyone here has gotten on splendidly for years now.

I guess it's true what they say: The secret to happiness is a bad memory.
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by spotlessvoid Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:49 pm

ZerebusPrime wrote:
spotlessvoid wrote:
smash016 wrote:

I guess it's true what they say: The secret to happiness is a bad memory.

meh, I think I missed all that stuff I don't remember happening. This group has been going for 2 years and I'd say that speaks for itself.
spotlessvoid
spotlessvoid
Blood Pack Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by TurianRebel212 Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:55 pm

Some of you guys take things way to seriously, I mean like way back when Me and Rif had a pretty nasty exchange, but you know... You kinda just get over it and learn to just kinda laugh it off and not take things so personally, fuck.

It's just.... A game guys. Chillax.

But seriously, it seems like everytime I leave for like a day this thread goes tits up. No really, not trying to pat myself on the back and say I'm the voice of reason here..... *hehehe* but man, I come back here and that terramine dude is talking about joining the Army and stuff and people are saying that Meer sucks nut cause he has an accent and shit.. I mean, Dafuq?!?!?

And as always.

Stay Classy IT'ers.

And I know Rif will, because no one. NO ONE. Quite puts the ASS in Classy like him.

Cheers.

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 9 Cheers_leonardo_dicaprio
TurianRebel212
TurianRebel212
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:05 pm

spotlessvoid wrote:speak for yourself. pretty much everyone here has gotten on splendidly for years now.

I see you hold something of a grudge against me. Not just in this thread. You were one of the reasons I had to go out of my way explaining myself about an originally harmless statement. Something that didn't do this thread any good, as was aptly noted by Turian.

So I suggest you control your obvious trolling tendencies if the mood in here is so dear to you.
smash016
smash016
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next