Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

+35
jojon2se
OneWithTheAssassins
Restrider
dorktainian
CSSteele
TurianRebel212
Raistlin Majere
RavenEyry
ZerebusPrime
Dwailing
vlad78
demersel
windsurfing
ericformans_sisterisdead
lex0r
clennon8
ThatWhichYouKnowAsReapers
Jusseb
symbowles
Davik Kang
Steelcan
Eryri
Byne
Rifneno
DoomsdayDevice
ElSuperGecko
hyolo
noobcannon
Maximus
Rankincountry
Pascal219
DSharrah
Master Blaster
spotlessvoid
Hanako Ikezawa
39 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 12 Empty Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by DoomsdayDevice Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:47 am

Yeah, let's be fair, N7 was mostly just some label on Shep's armour until ME3 where we finally get some explanation on what it stands for. If it wasn't for the thing with James, we would never have known.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

What does N7 mean to me? It's that number that goes up when I promote or level up classes in multiplayer.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 12 Empty Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by TurianRebel212 Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:28 am

N7 marine/academy is one of the first codex entry's in Mass Effect for human military's info. You can access it right after Eden Prime when looking At Shep's locker that's where the codex entry for N7 is.

So... N7 is Shepard. It means Shepard. It's attributed mainly to Shepard.
TurianRebel212
TurianRebel212
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:53 am

TurianRebel212 wrote:

+1

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:27 am

Even if that wasn't somehow their intent(protip, it is)... there is no way they think "Shepard" doesn't cross basically everyone's mind when asked that. Especially when they always have shown the Normandy and/or Shepard when talking about N7.

Edit: Also remember that guy that posted here a while back claiming to get a look at loads of concept art and shit? But then he removed it because he signed shit saying he wouldn't speak a word about it?

He said during that whole thing, they asked what N7 meant to the people there. This kinda brings a lot of validity to everything he said.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:48 am

fshep wrote:
TurianRebel212 wrote:

+1

+2

Just as 007 = James Bond and only James Bond, N7 = Shepard. i'm not really interested in playing as some other random human with N7 on their armour.
Eryri
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:47 am

Eryri wrote:
fshep wrote:
TurianRebel212 wrote:

+1

+2

Just as 007 = James Bond and only James Bond, N7 = Shepard. i'm not really interested in playing as some other random human with N7 on their armour.
There is also Master Chief Petty Officer Spartan John-117.

Seriously, what is with protagonists having 7 as part of their iconic number?
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:56 am

Hanako Ikezawa wrote:

A seventh son of a seventh son is mystical in some mythologies.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:05 pm

If you are N7, you are a BAMF who can make hard decisions in the field.

If you are a Spectre, you are a BAMF's BAMF who can also make hard decisions in the field, only with diplomatic immunity.

Spectre > N7

Yet it feels like Bioware is trying to hold N7 over everything else.
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:39 pm

Yeah, Spectres are way more powerful.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by TurianRebel212 Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:15 pm

N7's are the equivalent to MARSOC operators in the US Marine Corps. Or maybe the SAS of the British Military or Russian Spetsnaz GRU. They're basically tier 1 direct action operatives, highly trained and highly skilled in warfare operations.

Spectre's...... Man, there really isn't anything close, lol. Not really. They're like maybe a Samurai back in the day of Feudal Japan. They basically go anywhere and do anything they want with very, very little oversight. Way to much power for one single person. They can broker huge treaty's for entire species. They can investigate all and any crimes in Citadel Space. They can execute dangerous personnel without a moments notice. Spectre's are a scary bunch when you think about. I mean..... Just look at Saren and what he was able to do.
TurianRebel212
TurianRebel212
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:01 pm

N7 to me means Shepard foremost, yet also more than Shepard himself.

Spectres to me means N7, but with much more power, but also with more chances to do damage to humanity.

Shepard carries both.

ME1 - N7, First Human Spectre, and at the end, the Savior of the Citadel. All at the same time.
ME2 - N7 (sorta), First Human Spectre (sorta), and at the end, the Savior of Humanity (?). A little more ambiguous based on RP (you can deny being military minded, you can avoid having Spectre reinstatement).
ME3 - N7, First Human Spectre, and at the end, the Savior of the Galaxy. All at the same time, but I find that you're given much more pointed (instead of passive) questions about what Shepard regards himself as. Just a soldier (even if the best), or a leader of many, or a savior of us all. Due to canon 'snap back', he still ends up being all three in whatever way, but that's where the RP comes in.

I think that 'Spectre' doesn't mean so much for Shepard's story as the 'First Human' part. That humanity got to witness a human join and do amazing things, and so did aliens. Even the 'Savior' stuff is most often in the specific context of it being a human that managed to do such amazing things, attracting the attention of many aliens, including up to the Reapers.

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:11 pm

N7 to me means a cool insignia on my armor.

That's it, really.
smash016
smash016
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:13 am

I think that I am almost hoping that they announce the trilogy remastered for the next gen consoles on N7 Day...and maybe a developer diary or something for the next game...
DSharrah
DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:41 am

gamble just tweeted that the next mass effect meeting will probably be to take in 'interstellar'.... a movie about humanities survival (or not) and travelling through wormholes...

I bet the movie is brilliant.
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:03 am

ZerebusPrime wrote:If you are N7, you are a BAMF who can make hard decisions in the field.

If you are a Spectre, you are a BAMF's BAMF who can also make hard decisions in the field, only with diplomatic immunity.

Spectre > N7

Yet it feels like Bioware is trying to hold N7 over everything else.
Well again, as people are pointing out for Shepard being a spectre is really only ever noted in the story cause he's the first human spectre. Which when you think about it, circles back to N7. He's an N7 soldier, and he's the first human spectre. The first human spectre, is N7. And if they wanted to subtly hint at Shepard's return once again, what better way than to focus on N7?

Guys just pay attention for a sec... listen to this... remember ME2? Remember when everybody thought he was dead? Remember what they did? They showed a Geth... with N7 armor. And people instantly thought they might be playing this Geth... why? Because N7 means the player character... and who is the player character? Commander Shepard.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:06 am

Which BTW we know the player character is N7. They've shown us an ambiguous character with N7. The last time they did that, turned out we were playing Commander Shepard.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:07 am

dorktainian wrote:gamble just tweeted that the next mass effect meeting will probably be to take in 'interstellar'....  a movie about humanities survival (or not) and travelling through wormholes...

I bet the movie is brilliant.
Dark Space anyone? Or another galaxy maybe?
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by vlad78 Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:54 am

DSharrah wrote:I think that I am almost hoping that they announce the trilogy remastered for the next gen consoles on N7 Day...and maybe a developer diary or something for the next game...

That's the whole point of any hidden story imho, push people to buy the remastered trilogy.
vlad78
vlad78
Nemesis

Back to top Go down

Post by Davik Kang Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:00 pm

Hey everyone it's good to see you're all pretty much still here. It's been ages, don't think I've spoken to you guys for about 18 months or something.

How are you all? I am sincerely interested even though it is a super lazy and insincere thing to do to ask an entire forum community how they are all doing.
Davik Kang
Davik Kang
Mercenary

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:17 pm

Eryri wrote:
fshep wrote:
TurianRebel212 wrote:
+1
+2

+3.  N7 is synonymous with Shepard.  Interesting to note that the value attributed to N7 status within the story increased in ME3, and the value attributed to "spectre status" decreased.

edit: Evening Davik, good to see you!
ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Davik Kang Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:53 pm

ElSuperGecko wrote:edit:  Evening Davik, good to see you!
Thankyou Mr. Gecko sir. I've had a quick look through the forums, and so many ITers are still here 2 1/2 years on! The theory will never die.

I finished the trilogy again recently and I'm getting back into it. ME1 and ME3 were a bit of a chore but ME2 was so cool! The story is pretty silly, but the atmosphere, style and character development are all great. And it's really fun. I think most people always said ME2 was the best but I didn't get that so much til now.

When I replayed ME3 Citadel DLC, I found it kind of laborious and a bit too out of character, but I randomly saw a thread somewhere on another site where SwobyJ said it was his favourite DLC, presumably for IT-related reasons. What are those? I didn't get anything when I played through. Someone somewhere else said something about it being a hallucination from the fish at the restaurant (?!?) Sounds a bit far fetched but I'd love to hear what you, Swoby and everyone made of it.
Davik Kang
Davik Kang
Mercenary

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:58 pm

The Hanar Mind Fish theory thing was a joke I started.  Ignore the Bad Sushi Theory.

Things wrong with the Citadel DLC begin the moment you arrive at the restaurant, not the moment Shepard takes a drink at the restaurant.  Turians and humans sharing food plates for instance. That's not just wrong; it's deadly.

"French Sushi", however, is apparently a real thing.
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by spotlessvoid Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:32 am

Hey Davik

I think Swoby likes it because he feels it fits in with his dream theory.
spotlessvoid
spotlessvoid
Blood Pack Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Davik Kang Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:57 am

ZerebusPrime wrote:Turians and humans sharing food plates for instance.  That's not just wrong; it's deadly.
Magic!

Hi spot! I was reading another of Swoby's theories on this forum, about layers of indoctrination and un/reality, it is basically insane but a genuinely fascinating read all the same.

Just did ME2 suicide mission to get everyone killed. No ship upgrades and no loyal squaddies. But then tried to save Shepard by replaying the mission - failed 3 or 4 times before I finally got there Blushing

Squad was Miranda Jacob Garrus Mordin Jack (who are all mandatory I believe) plus Samara Thane Kasumi and Tali. A prize for whoever states how I got Shepard out alive, subject to the disclaimer that there is no prize.
Davik Kang
Davik Kang
Mercenary

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:16 am

RavenEyry wrote:
Hanako Ikezawa wrote:

A seventh son of a seventh son is mystical in some mythologies.
That makes sense.

Especially in Mass Effect since many say it has a lot of Christian parallels.
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next