Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

+35
jojon2se
OneWithTheAssassins
Restrider
dorktainian
CSSteele
TurianRebel212
Raistlin Majere
RavenEyry
ZerebusPrime
Dwailing
vlad78
demersel
windsurfing
ericformans_sisterisdead
lex0r
clennon8
ThatWhichYouKnowAsReapers
Jusseb
symbowles
Davik Kang
Steelcan
Eryri
Byne
Rifneno
DoomsdayDevice
ElSuperGecko
hyolo
noobcannon
Maximus
Rankincountry
Pascal219
DSharrah
Master Blaster
spotlessvoid
Hanako Ikezawa
39 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 29 Empty Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by DSharrah Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:45 pm

Was it just a general purpose EMP? If I remeber correctly that's what Cortez assumes is going on...but is it possible that the shuttle was specifically targetted just like the Reaper was...

And as much as the Leviathan talk about "The darkness must not be breached", the conversation with Shep would seem to indicate that they were at least curious about Shep...

Leviathan DLC has more to it than simply the literal value its story tells - as Doomsday pointed it has some pretty serious implications that are significantly relevant to IT. I would argue that the significance doesn't stop there.
DSharrah
DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 29 Empty Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by DSharrah Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:57 pm

DoomsdayDevice wrote:
Raistlin Majere wrote:Beyond that I don't really get the fascination with Leviathan, certainly not all this speculation on how far reaching their influence is. Leviathan never struck me as a player in cycle, the one we talked to spoke big, but there was nothing to back up their words. It was merely hidden at the deepest point of a out of the way, backwater planet, making sure none who found it ever left.

They talked big, but were in hiding, merely waiting cycle after cycle. Nothing even suggested to me they were any kind of big threat to the Reapers. They disabled one? Big fucking deal, I doubt that power works across the vast reaches space or on the general ranges a space battle would be conducted. Not to mention its reliance on the orbs (which are involved when they bring down the Reaper over their planet).

They were defeated, barely survived and nothing suggests they have been able to crawl their way back into any position of power from which they can decide anything about any part of this cycle except their own survival.

I feel exactly the same way about the Leviathans. It doesn't seem like they're a serious threat to the Reapers. Maybe only in their own arrogant minds. Although they do seem to work behind the scenes a lot, letting organics do all kind of research for them.

I agree...the way that I see it, is that given the current structure of the galacy and balance of power, they are quite impotent. Not to mention a little angry about that. All of the reasearch that they have their pawns doing (and the subtle influence that may have on the galaxy as a whole as a result), is their attempt to restore their supremacy. Their arrogance seems to have them convinced that they can do this w/o directly getting involved...that is until Shep finds them. Someone that seem awfully curious about (similar to the Reaper's interest in Shep)...could it be that the Leviathan's are finally starting to see the power that can be yeilded through an agent? Finally see just how useful having a pawn to further their aims can be? See that the only way that they will be able to turn the course of the galaxy in a direction that will return them to their "rightful place" - is by using a proxy to accomplish it for them?

Of course, this is all speculation - but the story does lend itself to being interperted this way as a possibility.
DSharrah
DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:01 pm

It's made clear the Leviathans aren't set on starting a war with the Reapers. They want the harvest to continue and feel the Intelligence still serves its purpose. The implication is perhaps more a matter of them being in league with the Reapers, or at least being the bad guys, too, instead of an asset Shepard can use in the Reaper War. There may be a conflict between them, the biggest problem for the Leviathans being they're vastly outnumbered, but a head-on confrontation or any kind of war between these two entities never occurred to me as a direction BW might take this.

And well, maybe it's personal, but an unspeakably old creature with insane powers, just bluffing his socks off? That would be very lame.
smash016
smash016
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by OneWithTheAssassins Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:07 am

So N7 day is tomorrow, what do you guys hope Bioware will reveal?
OneWithTheAssassins
OneWithTheAssassins
Geth Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:18 am

OneWithTheAssassins wrote:So N7 day is tomorrow, what do you guys hope Bioware will reveal?

Well...there are streaming a Mass Effect Developer's Panel tomorrow (I don't remember the time). And Aaron Flynn took to twitter earlier today to say that they would not be announcing when the ME Trilogy would be coming to the current generation of console...heavily implying that it was a question of when not if. So, I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't a formal announcement that they have "begun work on bringing the trilogy to the current generation of consoles".

And it wouldn't surprise me if we get something small about the next ME game - something similar to the Mako video that they released last time that they showed anything.
DSharrah
DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:14 am

OneWithTheAssassins wrote:So N7 day is tomorrow, what do you guys hope Bioware will reveal?
I hope for a sneak peak of Mass Effect: Next.

However I expect them formally announcing the Mass Effect Trilogy being brought to Xbox One and PS4 and a teaser for Mass Effect: Next.
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:19 am

why is that re-release such a big deal?
smash016
smash016
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:32 am

smash016 wrote:why is that re-release such a big deal?
Basically, to rebuild hype for the Mass Effect franchise. It has been nearly three years since Mass Effect 3 was launched. Casual players have lost attention or interest and a lot of the Bioware fanbase has been focused on Dragon Age: Inquisition for the past couple years. So bringing the Mass Effect Trilogy to the next gen will get the old fans interested since it will most likely come a lot shinier than the original version and draw new people in. This attention is what they want so they can announce the next game and have it be really hyped.

A few companies are doing the same for similar reasons, like for example 343 Industries with Halo: The Master Chief Collection.
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Dwailing Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:50 am

Hanako Ikezawa wrote:
smash016 wrote:why is that re-release such a big deal?
Basically, to rebuild hype for the Mass Effect franchise. It has been nearly three years since Mass Effect 3 was launched. Casual players have lost attention or interest and a lot of the Bioware fanbase has been focused on Dragon Age: Inquisition for the past couple years. So bringing the Mass Effect Trilogy to the next gen will get the old fans interested since it will most likely come a lot shinier than the original version and draw new people in. This attention is what they want so they can announce the next game and have it be really hyped.

A few companies are doing the same for similar reasons, like for example 343 Industries with Halo: The Master Chief Collection.
My hope is that they'll announce some kind of super mega definitive edition for next gen and PC that includes all three games plus all the DLC plus a shiny new enhanced engine so that you can get the complete experience.
Dwailing
Dwailing
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:37 am

Also a re-release of the original Mass Effect trilogy would mean the potential is there for game save files to be used in Mass Effect: Next or whatever it will eventually be called. Chances slim to none, however...

Happy N7 Day people. What does N7 mean to you?
ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:47 am

Don't hold your breath. We'll get nowt and be happy with it.

What does N7 Mean to me?

Commander Shepard.
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:46 am

...is the right answer! #WakeUpShepard
ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:39 am

Nice new forum banner.
smash016
smash016
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by TurianRebel212 Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:56 am

Happy N7 Day, fellow IT'ers!
TurianRebel212
TurianRebel212
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:04 pm

Happy N7 Day!
DSharrah
DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:26 pm

Happy N7 day.
Raistlin Majere
Raistlin Majere
N7

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:42 pm

"And don't talk about the ending."

Well if they have to preempt such obvious requests then the question is already answered is it not?
Raistlin Majere
Raistlin Majere
N7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:04 pm

Happy N7 Day, here's a Red Cupcake. Yes, I'm probably baking r/b/g for the 2nd year now :).

For a re-released trilogy I want Ashley's model in ME3 to be more like ME1. Such a step back. She doesn't even look better anyway - just like she had heavy plastic surgery.

EDIT: And smoothened combat in ME1. I don't think it'd happen, but still.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maximus Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:48 pm

smash016 wrote:Nice new forum banner.
Ye! What a Face

EDIT: Leviathan Christ....Immah STG now?! This madness never ends!
Maximus
Maximus
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:16 pm

dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:46 pm

Here's a link to their developer round table stream if anyone's interested. Starts at 6gmt apparently. I'm not too bothered as its dinner time.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-11-07-watch-biowares-live-mass-effect-4-developer-roundtable-here
Eryri
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:00 pm

You can also go directly to Twitch for this, just FYI for people http://www.twitch.tv/bioware?sf33386896=1

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:02 pm

Thanks. I think my link was broken anyway.
Eryri
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:06 pm

Wow... N7 day huh? That means it's already been a year since I returned here. Feels like 6 months, heh.

I'm not expecting anything special, as usual. As for the re-release, I don't really care. I don't have money for a next-gen console anyway.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next