Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

+34
dorktainian
CSSteele
Master Blaster
Terramine
smash016
Ithurael
HYR 2.1
Norlond
Rifneno
DoomsdayDevice
TurianRebel212
Eryri
ericformans_sisterisdead
Maximus
ZerebusPrime
vlad78
southbeatz
Dwailing
clennon8
Jusseb
Steelcan
Raistlin Majere
MaximizedAction
demersel
WeAreHarbinger
jojon2se
ElSuperGecko
Criddle
invetro
ViolentSound
noobcannon
DaniSaur
symbowles
Valsamon
38 posters

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 24 Empty Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by DoomsdayDevice Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:27 pm

@IP:

No, Mass Effect is almost impossible to mod. Some games facilitate modding, others don't but they just have a relatively open structure where modders can use and modify assets with known tools. In the case of Mass Effect though, it's a totally different story. They actually went to great lengths in terms of encryption to discourage modding.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 24 Empty Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by Terramine Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:53 pm

DoomsdayDevice wrote:@IP:

No, Mass Effect is almost impossible to mod. Some games facilitate modding, others don't but they just have a relatively open structure where modders can use and modify assets with known tools. In the case of Mass Effect though, it's a totally different story. They actually went to great lengths in terms of encryption to discourage modding.
I know all this, nothing in my post implied otherwise. My point was that what you're saying, is irrelevant and contained within a bubble of bits of information surrounded by an ocean of ignorance. There's no actual authority behind it, you're just saying "It's hard" but that doesn't mean it's IMPOSSIBLE. Almost impossible is not genuinely impossible, that'd be an oxymoron. It's just difficult to the laymen.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:59 pm

In regards to modding you can do pretty much anything to any game.

Putting this here for those who apparently missed the whole point to my initial response to Rif.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:46 pm

Can you say anything at all without being a condescending asshole?

It's not about being hard for "laymen". I've modded games myself and I can tell you that some of those people are real freaking wizards when it comes to modding games. They're often people who study game development and I've actually seen two people getting jobs because of their modding efforts, one of them at Lucasarts.

Why do you think we're not seeing any ME mods? Because people haven't tried hard enough?

Here, take it from some people who know what the deal is:

"The way Mass Effect is setup makes it impossible to mod, unfortunately. It is a relic from it being developed for the Xbox 360 when it was first released. Basically, the game has its data stored in a set of .pcf files. If you want to modify the files, you will have to distribute the entire .pcf files, which are basically large parts of the game itself.

Besides, no one has even figured out how to even open the .pcf files or what to do with the content that is in them, thus making it rather difficult to do... anything. But basically: it was not build with modders in mind.

There are some mass effect 2 mods which focus on modifying a set of .ini files, but there's nothing on the scope of NWN or BG modding (or DA modding, but I have not immersed myself in that scene yet)

The only Mass Effect mods I've seen are texture hacks. There's one that rips Garrus's face from ME2 and puts it on ME1 Garrus (because of the low resolution bug). There are a few ME2 mods such as alternate appearances (including the inevitable 'make Miranda's armour somehow more revealing' mod).
Other than those simple cosmetic mods, I've seen nothing. "

DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:33 am

We'd have an easier time just remaking a lower quality ending in Garry's Mod. ....or RPGMaker. Laughing
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:48 am

Yes doomsday, it's because they haven't tried hard enough. In a sense, you just don't fucking comprehend it apparently. So I'm done wasting my time. Believe what you want. It's not like you lose anything if you're wrong.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:51 am

I'd love to see you walk the talk one day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Blaster Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:13 am

Commander Shepard. People may forget all that you stood for in the upcoming game. Though you were a huge hit with millions world wide, good portion of people have lost their interest in you due to most of them wanting someone new.

If only the end of ME3 had gone different, of how you stood at the end over the piles of Reapers as a victory cry echoed throughout the galaxy. Then you would have been the legend it they speak of you at the end of the game credits.

Now bioware has left you to be forgotten, not important anymore and to never have the closure to anything but leaving it up to the fans to think what happens in Destroy highest ending.

Though ironic part is now that you Shepard is gone, players still want Shepard to be apart of the ME universe still, since Shepard is just a legendary badass.
Master Blaster
Master Blaster
Geth Prime

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:31 pm

So, anyway. I went to the ESA/ESTEC open day today, and met Matt Taylor, which was awesome.

Strolling down the hallways, admiring the expos about the various space programs, I bumped into this. 0_0

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 24 WTF_Cerberus_zps081ckzya

WTF, haha. Indoctrinations everywhere!
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:53 am

Space suits with boobs?  Wow, that really is Mass Effecty. Rolling Eyes

Also, I'm dying to know what the booby armor on the moon has to do with disaster relief. It looks like they're advertising a business built around a satellite camera and I can't reconcile that with their primary graphic.
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Blaster Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:54 pm

Well i replayed Leviathan yesterday and still amazed how well it crafted in the Idea of a possibility of Shepard undergoing indoctrination at the end of the game.

The neat part i remember is the Leviathan went through all of Shepard's memories. If Leviathans can do that, so can the Reapers; in which Harbinger the one made out of millions of them. Is the one that has the most experience with indoctrination and better at it since it is the one that gave rise too it.

And how Shepard keeps trying to wake up, how Leviathan acknowledges how the Intelligence is still serving it's primary programming. They however would either enslave or kill the Reapers off since they desire vengeance.

So while the literalist that support the catalyst reasoning and how it is right. YES because of it's primary programming, yet if the ones that made it have acknowledge this yet are going to fight against them. Then it shows us that while it may be right in it's own way, the organics and synthetics of the galaxy are choosing to fight for their future and do things without the Reapers.

Then when i got to the ending; I remembered how TIM is the representation part of Shepard's corrupted side, yet I also remember of how it is a warning of what we are betraying. TIM was a pawn of the Reapers, and the whole Cerberus army all half husk and half Human. The amount of Power over life itself doesn't need to continue. Rather than be destroyed. TIM down fall was seeking power over something that can not be controlled or needs to be. Yeah Shepard has done many impossible things said to have been; Shepard is still mortal. Kill able. We seen how Power in ME corrupts even those that have sworn to help others. In a way it also sets up the theme that, yes there are some things we can control in life, yet there are things that WE can't control.

In a way though i hate saying this but, the way we are suppose to view the endings of course is to raise questions on how this doesn't work, of how all of this is a betrayal and not right. Shepard is suppose to be in trouble at the end of the game, and the Reapers are playing at your hearts desire for peace in the galaxy, and yet have you hand over Shepard or not if you stick with Destroy the Reapers.
Master Blaster
Master Blaster
Geth Prime

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:02 pm

ZerebusPrime wrote:Space suits with boobs?  Wow, that really is Mass Effecty. Rolling Eyes

Also, I'm dying to know what the booby armor on the moon has to do with disaster relief. It looks like they're advertising a business built around a satellite camera and I can't reconcile that with their primary graphic.

I really couldn't tell you. There was so much awesome stuff to see and do, and this didn't really look all that interesting. It was just the thing standing there and some table next to it that was empty but probably had some info stuff before they ran out. I basically ran by it to get to a presentation.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:03 pm

ZerebusPrime wrote:Space suits with boobs?  Wow, that really is Mass Effecty. Rolling Eyes
just for the record, I don't agree with people who criticize feminized armors. There is factually, physical biological differences. The male armor is form fitting too. It's just not efficient to make armor bulkier than it needs to be. If your body has curves, it's still more efficient for armor to fit those curves. Gives you more mobility, reduces on costs and materials, makes it harder to hit you, etc.

There are 2 options if you don't want "booby plates". You either extend the whole of the Armor's chest forward, or you squish the boobs. Take your pick but both are STILL more inefficient than just specifically designing it to conform to the mass of flesh that is protruding from the body there.

Skimpy is not the same as revealing form.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:05 pm

SwobyJ wrote:I'd love to see you walk the talk one day.
I walk it every day, some things just take more time and devotion. In this case, I'd fair better to just learn coding and other such shit FIRST and then taking a crack at making an indoctrination theory mod.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:44 pm

Oh on another note, Rif is definitely right about that exploit with the Reaper Avatar system. It hasn't been fixed. It's likely because it CAN'T be fixed period. It's not just some design oversight or something, it's a trade off for using such a thing. It's a weakness that will always be there.

Harbinger "adapted" in the only way the Reapers can, by simply being aware of it and avoiding it in the first place.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:24 am

Terramine wrote:
just for the record, I don't agree with people who criticize feminized armors. There is factually, physical biological differences. The male armor is form fitting too. It's just not efficient to make armor bulkier than it needs to be. If your body has curves, it's still more efficient for armor to fit those curves. Gives you more mobility, reduces on costs and materials, makes it harder to hit you, etc.

There are 2 options if you don't want "booby plates". You either extend the whole of the Armor's chest forward, or you squish the boobs. Take your pick but both are STILL more inefficient than just specifically designing it to conform to the mass of flesh that is protruding from the body there.

Blank

......should I have criticized the predator drone flying in the vacuum of space instead?
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:28 am

When I talked about the technical issues with making an IT mod, I was more making a general statement to the group than trying to discourage IP.  You don't need to be a Supergenius™ to realize that pointing out technical issues to a guy who considers himself a Supergenius™ isn't going to discourage him.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:37 am

ZerebusPrime wrote:
Terramine wrote:

Blank

......should I have criticized the predator drone flying in the vacuum of space instead?
Yes Harbinger
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:41 am

Rifneno wrote:When I talked about the technical issues with making an IT mod, I was more making a general statement to the group than trying to discourage IP.  You don't need to be a Supergenius™ to realize that pointing out technical issues to a guy who considers himself a Supergenius™ isn't going to discourage him.
Lmao, my point was Rif. Every problem has a solution. Actually that's too broad of a generalization, someone is surely going to not listen to the whole of my post because I said that... damn.

But seriously, the idea that technical issues actually stop anyone, is this idea that they can't be fixed or that they will always be present no matter the methods and solutions you employ. Which is just as unprecedented as saying problems can always be fixed. It's definitely foolish to give up simply because someone else failed.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:02 am

A spotless void

Last edited by Rifneno on Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:36 pm

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 24 58786300
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Blaster Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:48 pm

Master Blaster
Master Blaster
Geth Prime

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:31 pm

N7 day eh? Figures.

I smell a rat. Remember that first ME4 trailer with lots of references to Shepard?  Where's Shepard?  They couldn't put enough of him on the first ME4 trailer. Suddenly he's disappeared in the next trailer..... like Space Magic.

dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:57 pm

That news site isn't worth the paper it's printed on.

....whoops.

That news site isn't worth the... physical space... it takes up on a server....... ugh.

That news site is crap. Ignore it.
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:34 pm

MB, srsly, stahhhp.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next