Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

+34
dorktainian
CSSteele
Master Blaster
Terramine
smash016
Ithurael
HYR 2.1
Norlond
Rifneno
DoomsdayDevice
TurianRebel212
Eryri
ericformans_sisterisdead
Maximus
ZerebusPrime
vlad78
southbeatz
Dwailing
clennon8
Jusseb
Steelcan
Raistlin Majere
MaximizedAction
demersel
WeAreHarbinger
jojon2se
ElSuperGecko
Criddle
invetro
ViolentSound
noobcannon
DaniSaur
symbowles
Valsamon
38 posters

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 33 Empty Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by Terramine Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:45 am

Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 33 Empty Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by Terramine Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:01 am

SwobyJ wrote:
Terramine wrote:I just realized that going to Andromeda could've been an awesome part of destroying the Reapers. It gives our cycle something different. The previous cycle threw the Reapers off, let's jump into Andromeda and see what we can't amass over here. This being if they had decided to make the Reaper war about as extensive as they're played off as.

We keep hearing how the Reapers are so impossible to defeat that it took a species that had total galactic control, just to slip by them and have a single survivor ready for the next cycle. Every cycle they're so efficient, clean, and certain.

It's supposed to take YEARS. So if anything the fact that the Reaper war allegedly ended as soon as the Reapers showed up(ME3), is actually a lot more fucked up than saying we went to Andromeda to keep this fight going and to gain an actual advantage over these Demi-Gods.

That's what could (not necessarily will.. but...) be the big thing. Andromeda could be out of the Reapers' domain. Explore.
It's also possible that we could be going to Andromeda through a reaper dark space system. Although that's kinda doubtful.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:50 pm

just seen a supposed leak regarding me4 on reddit. cerberus vehicles rumored to be carrying the antagonists.... pinch of....sorry mountain of salt time.
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:14 pm

dorktainian wrote:just seen a supposed leak regarding me4 on reddit.  cerberus vehicles rumored to be carrying the antagonists....  pinch of....sorry mountain of salt time.

here's the link from reddit:

and a bullet summary from reddit user DealWiththeC-12 (reddit link here):

• Two squad mates as before, a human blonde and a krogan mentioned
  • All squad mates have jetpacks which come into play in exploration
  • Omnitool has more functionality, for example a combat shield
  • Greater detail in character facial features and models
  • Destructible covers
  • Completely different ship
  • Hints at Mako customization
  • 'Pathfinder quarters' section in the ship
  • Main character is referred to as 'the pathfinder'
  • Story revolves around finding a new home for humanity and other races
  • New ship travel system (Instead of the old galaxy map) where you manually fly the ship
  • Enemies are bipedal cross between Vorcha and Collectors
  • The (non-human) enemies drop into combat from Cerberus ships
  • One of the antagonists is a human soldier with armor similar to yours but without N7 insignia

P.S. I'm not saying I buy any of this, just providing information for those who are curious

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:07 pm

I was asleep in the corner of the forum when someone suddenly dumped a mountain of salt on me.

Well, we wouldn't be looking for a new home unless the old one was lost. That's something.
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAreHarbinger Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:36 pm

If any of this is true all i'm saying is no...no Cerberus plz.
Also what happened to our old home? 3/4 of the endings our "old home" is fine, granted full of reapers but still. Ugh, hopefully it's just bullshit but going by previous leaks from other games, it's usually quite spot on.
WeAreHarbinger
WeAreHarbinger
Blood Pack Boom-Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by TurianRebel212 Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:53 am

ARKCON reeks of Cerberus.
TurianRebel212
TurianRebel212
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:59 am

TAKING CASUALTIES!
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by TurianRebel212 Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:10 am

Rifneno wrote:TAKING CASUALTIES!

lol, on a sorta related note-

https://m.reddit.com/r/masseffect/comments/2jnklm/shepards_kill_count_calculated_and_summarized/

Shepard The Butcher.
TurianRebel212
TurianRebel212
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:20 am

WeAreHarbinger wrote: 3/4 of the endings our "old home" is fine

Define "fine".  I'm pretty sure the sky was raining ash last we saw it, and that was before the effects of countless orbital bombardments via stray shots from the space battle above, the settling of element zero from countless Reaper/Alliance/Alien cores going critical, etc etc etc.

In fact, I'm pretty sure every homeworld has been similarly screwed over.  Even Tuchanka's already screwed over status is thrown into overdrive when you consider that a Reaper was using the shroud to pump green crud into the sky. Sur'Kesh, Rannock, and even the Hanar homeworld were likely overrun in the end of the game regardless of our choices.

And that's without the option to print circuit boards throughout my caesar salad for extra crunchiness.

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 33 Takeearthback530pxheaderimg1512
The orange bits are molten lava. Wink
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:45 am

TurianRebel212 wrote:ARKCON reeks of Cerberus.

But Sanctuary was real! Totally not a trap for refugees!

But the Normandy SR-2 was totally reflective of how Cerberus works!

Back to top Go down

Post by jojon2se Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:12 am

Given how little of the Milky Way known civilisations have had access to, one would still think there might be things worth looking for in the immediate neigbourhood, instead of rushing off to lebensraum somebody else's galaxy. :P

jojon2se
Nemesis

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:56 am

ZerebusPrime wrote:

Define "fine".  I'm pretty sure the sky was raining ash last we saw it, and that was before the effects of countless orbital bombardments via stray shots from the space battle above, the settling of element zero from countless Reaper/Alliance/Alien cores going critical, etc etc etc.

In fact, I'm pretty sure every homeworld has been similarly screwed over.  Even Tuchanka's already screwed over status is thrown into overdrive when you consider that a Reaper was using the shroud to pump green crud into the sky.  Sur'Kesh, Rannock, and even the Hanar homeworld were likely overrun in the end of the game regardless of our choices.

And that's without the option to print circuit boards throughout my caesar salad for extra crunchiness.

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 33 Takeearthback530pxheaderimg1512

Was the Reapers not quite slow when it came to hitting the Salarians? I cant remember the exact quote but I seem to remember that it is only mentioned quite late in the game that the Reapers have started hitting Salarian space.

This would kind of make sense since the Salarians really drag their feet in regards to helping out in the war, so just leaving them alone to debate instead of forcing their hand would be a good decision for the Reapers.

But I am trying to find an exact quote.

Until then, after Priority Thessia this piece of news can be heard over the news network: "As fighting continues, the Reapers now control more than half the inhabitable galaxy"

Yeah pretty bad, but still not what I would view as "we need a new place to live, let us pour resources into the possibility of making a long range craft that can move a sizable population to another galaxy entirely," levels of fucked.

Much as jojon pointed out, it is explicitly mentioned that plenty of places in the Milky Way remain unexplored due to fears of what might lurk beyond the relays. That would seem like a better place to start.
Raistlin Majere
Raistlin Majere
N7

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:30 pm

A really scary door prospect is that they are just gonna say that when all the relays activated everyone was transported to andromeda.... like the milky way became some huge super relay, or the reapers did disappear (if you picked destroy) and the milky way was left well and truly fucked (which would make sense).
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:58 pm

ZerebusPrime wrote:

In fact, I'm pretty sure every homeworld has been similarly screwed over.  Even Tuchanka's already screwed over status is thrown into overdrive when you consider that a Reaper was using the shroud to pump green crud into the sky.  Sur'Kesh, Rannock, and even the Hanar homeworld were likely overrun in the end of the game regardless of our choices.

You say that like there aren't another 300,000,000,000 star systems in the Milky Way.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:06 pm

Touche.

I suppose I should go with either the Crucible irradiating the entire galaxy and/or the Reapers still being around. Either one would render the galaxy hostile as a whole.
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:35 pm

ZerebusPrime wrote:Touche.  

I suppose I should go with either the Crucible irradiating the entire galaxy and/or the Reapers still being around.  Either one would render the galaxy hostile as a whole.

You say that like the plot of ME:A won't operate on insane troll logic.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:58 pm

Rifneno wrote:

I suppose I should go with either the Crucible irradiating the entire galaxy and/or the Reapers still being around.  Either one would render the galaxy hostile as a whole.

The general problem the way I see it is this:

If the galaxy somehow is completely uninhabitable, something that could basically only happen if the Reapers are still around since even opening dormant relays should be simpler and safer than going to another galaxy, then how did we get the resources and time to build a massive ark ship that also by all indications defies several established rules of space travel in the Mass Effect universe? I doubt the Reapers would just stand by and watch

If it is not completely uninhabitable then why are we doing this? There are countless unopened relays, pick one and head through, see if there is something habitable. If the Relays are out then use that ark ship to fly to the next cluster over, going to Andromeda wont solve a no Relays problem.

Only way this could work is if the ark ship is under construction prior to ending the war and is used to escape the Reapers, but...yeah I don't really have to spell out that piece of insanity, do I?
Raistlin Majere
Raistlin Majere
N7

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:32 pm

Raistlin Majere wrote:The general problem the way I see it is this:

If the galaxy somehow is completely uninhabitable, something that could basically only happen if the Reapers are still around since even opening dormant relays should be simpler and safer than going to another galaxy, then how did we get the resources and time to build a massive ark ship that also by all indications defies several established rules of space travel in the Mass Effect universe? I doubt the Reapers would just stand by and watch

If it is not completely uninhabitable then why are we doing this? There are countless unopened relays, pick one and head through, see if there is something habitable. If the Relays are out then use that ark ship to fly to the next cluster over, going to Andromeda wont solve a no Relays problem.

Only way this could work is if the ark ship is under construction prior to ending the war and is used to escape the Reapers, but...yeah I don't really have to spell out that piece of insanity, do I?

Yeah, there's just no logical way this could work.

To add to which, I'd say that making the entire Milky Way uninhabitable is beyond even the Reapers. They wrecked a bunch of homeworlds and colonized worlds but that's just the tiniest fraction of the number of habitable worlds in the Milky Way. There are about three hundred billion stars in the galaxy. Let's all just take a moment to dwell on that number, shall we?

More to the point, the Reapers have never wanted to make the galaxy uninhabitable. They're growing their crops here. They harvest every 50,000 years. Life on Earth is 4,000,000,000 years old and humans are 200,000 years old. If the Reapers ever made the entire galaxy uninhabitable, we wouldn't be here.

There's just no way this makes even the slightest lick of sense. They're abandoning the galaxy to avoid dealing with the endings and shooting lore in the head as they go.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:32 am

Rifneno wrote:

As you can see from the section I have highlighted, I have made no such assumption.
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:13 am

Lets see if The Game Awards has something...

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Blaster Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:34 pm

Questions. Where the heck did cerberus come into play? Did they hide in the ship or were they transported by a reaper? If bioware says cerberus built an arc too i sware.....

Also how did. Cerberus sneak by? T.I.M retro fited his troops with reaper tech aside from high ranking officals. Shepard took down cerberus so the question is WHEN will this take place? Is this a splinter cell cerberys. Who is in charge?

Also an N7 antagonist yet doesnt have the symbol geee i wonder...

Vorcha and collector hybrid.......so reaper troops and cerberus troops?......am i missing something since reaper troops SHOULD either be dead, under shepards control or synthrsis. If refuse option then it makes plausible sense yet then it raises the question....

We used ALL resources that we had for the crucible and heck ALL of the best minds in the galaxy. I DOUBT we had an arc ship in production since we dont have the tech, nor the design, we use mass effect fields, FTL is shit if we use it to go into datkspace. The reapers knew about the crucible so i doubt they would not know about the arc ship being built and since reaper troops are there then it means the reapers are still alive.

I would argue that liaras plan was for the next cycle to leave a time capsule and everything they had. If the suvivours of the war after the cycle somehow managed to stay alive then i can kinda see why their worlds and resources are low yet....

They just wouldnt run away rather than be prepard for the reapers return.

Id also argue about if they nuked ME3 then i am going to be pissed. I dont mind shepard losing the fight yet if you are going to fuck over everyone in the ME trilogy then god dam it bioware. You are first pissing off all the romance fans, all the story fans that give a shit, all the hard hours of choices and collecting allys and all for what!?

There was no retreat, no stepping back. Hackett even tells shepard that if the crucible is a dud then they use the fleets and that is it. No other plans about arc travel.

Now i can see prothean pods and upgrading them to hide some of the races people if the war goes south yet that is it really. No other plans were being made

Also send an arc into space is NOT helping shepards state of mind. If we have to send them off into space and give a stupid speech, then it shows that the war is lost. Fuck you bioware.

Also if we have futuristic tech that could have helped in the war.... that doesnt require mass effect fields or found ways to wxploit it.....then we could have rammed ships with nuclear explosions into the reapers if the arc ship doesnt have mass effect fields. have found new ways to fight the reapers on our terms, and with the upgraded weaponry vould have gone into the war effort.

Also will the GETH be there. I mean they should be if reaper troops and cerberus are there.

Will the krogan there be cured of the genophage or no?

Will batatians be there?

Elcor?
Drell
Hanar?
Salarians?

We already know humans krogan, sure to be asari and turian there yet what of the others?

Also if this takes so many years into the future then WHY are there reaper and cerberus troops????????!!!!!

If control is legit then there is no need for the reaper troops to be hostile " SHOULD" if synthesis well they werent in the blast zone IF they left before priority earth but since planets are dead then that leaves destroy or refues yet destroy should have killed the reapers in the milky way galaxy.

So yeah many many quedtions and answers that need to be raised yet people are eating up ME:A and dont see the fucking wrongs with it and when i say people that dont see. I mean people who kiss ass to biowareeven when its shit, dont care about the story of ME, and dont have the spine to continue to point out how this is basically a big fuck you too ME fans.
Master Blaster
Master Blaster
Geth Prime

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:38 pm

bioware ass kissers make me want to fucking vomit.

i agree. so many questions. i have theories but they are scary door and probably better than anything bioware could come up with.

mind you thats not difficult.

dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:32 pm

Mind you that one of the virtues of IT and the like is the endings didn't really happen.

So if Bioware throws the endings out of the window, that could at least mean that facade of an ending was an actual facade after all. Whether it means Shepard will return or not, that's beside the point.

For a long time now, I've considered the possibility they did it all on purpose. Make these disparate and outright silly endings happen in an unreal vacuum so they would enable themselves to ever make a sequel.

Again, now is not the time to relish IT. Now we must simply hope for anything better than what seems to be the case.
smash016
smash016
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:34 am

Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next