Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

+34
windsurfing
TurianRebel212
WeAreHarbinger
Jusseb
ZerebusPrime
Rifneno
dorktainian
triggerwarning
vlad78
CSSteele
Raistlin Majere
DoomsdayDevice
ElSuperGecko
Eryri
Terramine
1864_WORST_YEAR_OF_MY_LIF
Dr_Claymores
aboutthosedays
Maximus
Byne
Norlond
MaximizedAction
magnetite
Cyberfrog
symbowles
Ithurael
clennon8
ericformans_sisterisdead
Dwailing
noobcannon
Master Blaster
jojon2se
Yemeth
Valsamon
38 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 4 Empty Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by Yemeth Fri May 27, 2016 2:09 pm

Again, it's all speculation, but I think you're both right. It has elements of both the Citadel and the collector ship. If you look at the round element at its core (better seen in the trailer), there's some crucible mixed into it too. The fact that the crucible's design was never eliminated hints at a Reaper trap, the Leviathans behave suspiciously when we ask about it, and some codex entries definitely point at its use as a weapon - if none of these were the case, I'd have said the crucible transforms the Citadel with prothean technology into an escape vessel. Here we go, bringing all the races of the galaxy with us to Andromeda. In that scenario, the crucible was never meant to defeat the reapers, it was a last-minute escape plan. Still, as I said, foreshadowing in ME3 definitely hints at something else. That's just random speculation for fun, based on the ship's appearance.

Yemeth
Drone

Back to top Go down

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 4 Empty Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by TurianRebel212 Fri May 27, 2016 4:52 pm

I'd love for you guy's to be right, it's just... I have zero faith that Bioware is that clever or ballsy.
TurianRebel212
TurianRebel212
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Blaster Fri May 27, 2016 10:48 pm

TurianRebel212 wrote:I really do believe Andromeda is a full fledged reboot, hence why it's been so long between it and ME3. They hope people that hated ME3 and it's shitberg ending have left the series and the people that liked ME3's gameplay mechanics and the Multi-player have stayed and crave more of it.

They won't even mention Shepard. Maybe, maybe a small codex entry hinting at Shepard and The Reaper War, but that's it.

And that is what really pisses me off. yes Shepard's story ended but that shouldn't mean everything Shepard had done she have been all for nothing. However i won't even give ME:A a chance for we all know that Me1-ME3 is going to be shat upon of the husk game it is. It is selling on the NAME alone rather than have any credibility.
Master Blaster
Master Blaster
Geth Prime

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Blaster Fri May 27, 2016 10:58 pm

The is still the matter of HOW many arks are there? If there is just one Ark then we are limited in a LOT of ways. If the ark ship breaks off into mini frigates then okay but that still means travel over the galaxy is pretty much screwed over for the other races. FTL travel is going to takes weeks, months, years etc. There is no galactic econemy and there shouldn't be for there is no possible way to set up a econmy of any kind unless they go with trader for items.

How on earth is a few thousand people going to do anything? How much food is on the ship? Water? other race foods and needs? etc. Why are there ancient ruins in ME:A? Will they follow the same rules as the Reapers set up long ago? Last we check over 300,000 of Javik's people were meant to come into the next cycle, yet even when most of his people were killed Javik even stated there wouldn't be much to go on since too many died.

They have to explain how this ship is even powered, when it was constructed, and by WHO. If it is the council i am calling bullshit. The council did jack shit and dissmissed Shepard too many times. If they were just doing it as a stunt and were working on an ark ship.......no.....just....no

Hell the Tevos the Asari councilor after Shepard failed to recover the Protehan VI had to come up with ways to preserve her race. Thus it really leads us to believe there was no ark ship otherwise she would have said " Then we have no choice but to launch project "escape"
Master Blaster
Master Blaster
Geth Prime

Back to top Go down

Post by TurianRebel212 Fri May 27, 2016 11:54 pm

God, when you really think about it the whole thing makes no sense. Perfect Bioware narrative.
TurianRebel212
TurianRebel212
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Sat May 28, 2016 10:26 am

TurianRebel212 wrote:I'd love for you guy's to be right, it's just... I have zero faith that Bioware is that clever or ballsy.

And faith is the key word. Because what defines faith is that there's nothing to back up the belief. And there is no reason to believe BW won't vomit up the worst thing since ducks invented rape.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by TurianRebel212 Sat May 28, 2016 2:34 pm

Rape Duck??? I thought Dolphins only rape folks at their dolphin rape craves... Ducks be raping to, damn. Nature you scary.
TurianRebel212
TurianRebel212
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Sat May 28, 2016 5:06 pm

TurianRebel212 wrote:Rape Duck???  I thought Dolphins only rape folks at their dolphin rape craves... Ducks be raping to, damn. Nature you scary.

(Don't ever) google duck corkscrew penis. Ducks have an evolutionary war against rape going on. It's fucked up.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by TurianRebel212 Sat May 28, 2016 8:57 pm

Well, that was um... What has been seen cannot be unseen.
TurianRebel212
TurianRebel212
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Sun May 29, 2016 5:19 pm

Who else is exited at the possibility of an avian alien species as a romance option? Laughing

....no, elephants are still worse.

*ahem*

EA Play in mid June.  Advertising machine should start rolling. Yay.
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Mon May 30, 2016 10:14 pm

I have no idea who will get the exit. The guy who came up with that romance option as far as I'm concerned.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Tue May 31, 2016 8:31 am

The number of people in my house excited for any announcement in June is about Zero. They got a lot of convincing to do.
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Tue May 31, 2016 8:54 am

dorktainian wrote:The number of people in my house excited for any announcement in June is about Zero.  They got a lot of convincing to do.

If only this were true.  There are lots of troglodytes excited for it.  Mostly the same assholes that are probably the reason we're not getting an IT reveal and a coherent story.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Tue May 31, 2016 2:38 pm

Rifneno wrote:
dorktainian wrote:The number of people in my house excited for any announcement in June is about Zero.  They got a lot of convincing to do.

There are lots of troglodytes excited for it.  Mostly the same assholes that are probably the reason we're not getting an IT reveal and a coherent story.

i think they'll struggle with the frostbite engine being far inferior to other gfx engines out there at the moment (Uncharted 4 will never be surpassed in this console generation. Made by a company that valued its product, not rushed it out and dumped all over it)

as for IT, I still hope we get a reveal of sorts but i'm not counting on it.
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Blaster Tue May 31, 2016 3:18 pm

dorktainian wrote:
Rifneno wrote:

There are lots of troglodytes excited for it.  Mostly the same assholes that are probably the reason we're not getting an IT reveal and a coherent story.

i think they'll struggle with the frostbite engine being far inferior to other gfx engines out there at the moment (Uncharted 4 will never be surpassed in this console generation.  Made by a company that valued its product, not rushed it out and dumped all over it)

as for IT, I still hope we get a reveal of sorts but i'm not counting on it.

Doubt it but it is whatever. As stupid as it is there is no way the Normandy can save Shepard. Not by a long shot. Relays are damage, Normandy systems would only have FTL and EDI is "dead" Thus it will be a bitch to just get back. We have no idea how long the Normandy was on the planet, or WHERE the Normandy is for the matter. For all we know the Normandy is days or weeks away from Earth. Even if it is only a few hours away Shepard isn't going to last that long. The suit is all but torn nearly everywhere, Shepard has lost loads of blood, synthetic implants are not working anymore, and Shepard is on a part of a Citadel that nobody ever bothered to fucking look, even though it was clear to fucking see if anyone literally flew under it or saw it.

Also nobody knows Where Shepard is at on the Citadel at all, and technology is damaged so regardless Shepard is fucked either way you want to look at it. The only logical way I can see Shepard being able to reunite with his/her love interest; is if Shepard was back on Earth and the last 15 minutes was an indoctrination attempt. Plus nobody would have left Shepard at all. Not again for you mean to tell me how despite all their "i'm not doubting you again, i'm with you till the end etc" that they won't stand with Shepard. Joker has been known to screw the orders and he would gladly go find shepard, and hell we have 5 other crew mates that would gladly help Shepard given how THEY are on the Normandy. I mean that is literally the second most retarted scenes about the extraction. If you mean to tell me we had ALL of the squadmates that we can have in our party in ME3. Why didn't we just pick two new ones, or the fact they are the ones coming out from the cargo hold than just marines? Seeing how they are on the ship.

Funny part is in ME2 the squadmates get off their asses and go with Shepard rather than let Shepard and just two squadmates do all the work for it would be stupid as shit to just go through all the trouble of recruiting squadmates for a HUGE ass mission; only to just pick two squadmates and have Shepard do all the work  while the others take a vacation on the Normandy.
Master Blaster
Master Blaster
Geth Prime

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:38 am

This fan video just popped up in my YouTube feed.

Nothing we didn't already know, but it's nice to see that people still find the concept of indoctrination fascinating. It's a damn shame that it looks like it will never get a decent pay off. My favourite bit was when he spoke about how real world infrasound can cause ghostly hallucinations while showing an image of Starbrat. Twisted Evil
Eryri
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:02 pm

Entertaining.

Still waiting on EAPlay.

EDIT: Wow, the crap!fake!clickbait!news sites are in Mass Effect overdrive.
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:34 pm

has anyone else noticed how Bioware are stressing a new Protagonist? The Cynic in me thinks we've all been trolled, but then I remember this is Bioware so probably not.
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:45 pm

dorktainian wrote:has anyone else noticed how Bioware are stressing a new Protagonist?  The Cynic in me thinks we've all been trolled, but then I remember this is Bioware so probably not.
They've been stressing "new protagonist" since ME4 was first talked about right after ME3's release.  I used to think they were just trolling too, because they lied so much already and the way they started ME2 by telling us "Shepard's dead".  But then... the Andromeda announcement... Crying or Very sad
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:42 pm

dorktainian wrote:has anyone else noticed how Bioware are stressing a new Protagonist?  The Cynic in me thinks we've all been trolled, but then I remember this is Bioware so probably not.

I'm holding out just a little hope for a new Protagonist going up against an old Antagonist.
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:57 pm

ZerebusPrime wrote:

I'm holding out just a little hope for a new Protagonist going up against an old Antagonist.

also.... if as is rumoured the antagonist (or one of them) are in cerberus, then how the fucking hell did cerberus get to andromeda?
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:03 pm

dorktainian wrote:
ZerebusPrime wrote:

also.... if as is rumoured the antagonist (or one of them) are in cerberus, then how the fucking hell did cerberus get to andromeda?

I know only one thing: that the explanation will make your brain hurt.  Hearing it will be like having liquid stupidity injected directly into your veins.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:41 pm

Rifneno wrote:
dorktainian wrote:
ZerebusPrime wrote:

I know only one thing: that the explanation will make your brain hurt.  Hearing it will be like having liquid stupidity injected directly into your veins.

must be a Mac Walters thing then.
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:12 pm

Rifneno wrote:
dorktainian wrote:
ZerebusPrime wrote:

Par for the course. Headshot
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:32 pm

http://www.ea.com/play2016

Unless I've read things wrong, there's a BioWare Mass Effect conference at 1PM Pacific Time.
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next