Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

+34
windsurfing
TurianRebel212
WeAreHarbinger
Jusseb
ZerebusPrime
Rifneno
dorktainian
triggerwarning
vlad78
CSSteele
Raistlin Majere
DoomsdayDevice
ElSuperGecko
Eryri
Terramine
1864_WORST_YEAR_OF_MY_LIF
Dr_Claymores
aboutthosedays
Maximus
Byne
Norlond
MaximizedAction
magnetite
Cyberfrog
symbowles
Ithurael
clennon8
ericformans_sisterisdead
Dwailing
noobcannon
Master Blaster
jojon2se
Yemeth
Valsamon
38 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 35 Empty Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by DoomsdayDevice Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:05 am

Also, getting there (to Andromeda) is one thing, but navigating that galaxy without relays is another.

Edit: Oh wait, I forgot, the entire game is set in one single star cluster. What's even the point of going to Andromeda if you're only going to be able to visit one single star cluster?

Last edited by DoomsdayDevice on Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 35 Empty Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by Rifneno Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:41 am

vlad78 wrote:Can you at least wait for the actual game before passing final judgement? Very Happy

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 35 Post-13204-1330467936
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by magnetite Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:38 pm

I read a few things the other day.

-Space is really dry.
-Solar storms and stars generate lots of static electricity.
-Space has a lot of static electricity.

So if this ship collects static electricity and recycles it that would make for a useful power source to get to Andromeda.

My guess is they leave during a solar storm or a period of high solar activity.

Last edited by magnetite on Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
magnetite
magnetite
Brute

Back to top Go down

Post by vlad78 Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:53 pm

Rifneno wrote:
vlad78 wrote:Can you at least wait for the actual game before passing final judgement? Very Happy

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 35 Post-13204-1330467936

lol

Once a sucker, always a sucker. Wink
vlad78
vlad78
Nemesis

Back to top Go down

Post by Der Wahnsinn Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:36 am

vlad78 wrote:Can you at least wait for the actual game before passing final judgement? (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 35 Icon_biggrin

In normal circumstances I would totally agree. But situation here is totally extreme. Mass Effect Trilogy has no actual ending, BioWare is not giving a single fuck about it, in fact they are showing a huge fuck to us. The new Mass Effect shouldn't be even called "Mass Effect" (that's just my opinion), anyway with each trailer/reveal they add only nonsense (and we have already a shit load of nonsense).
Indoctrination  - this is what this games (ME Trilogy) are shouting to us.
Indoctrination Theory has so much proofs, it's like a IQ test or mental test. Anyone who did not see anything wrong about this shit ending (yeah I know word "shit" is too light) is mentally insane or has very low IQ. Ok I can understand some persons that liked the end-fucking-ing (yes that fucked up ending which is not an ending at all).
I even know that kind of person, but this is someone who just don't give a fuck about any ending in any game just play the game for sake of completeness, nothing more game ends, time for next game. But is the minority (extreme case), I'm talking about fans, peopole who actualy give a fuck about the game. 
Test Question :  Did you see anything wrong about the ending ?
1. Patient: A shit load of fucked up things !!!! What kind of bullshit is this ?!?! 
Doctor: Patient is healthy
2. Patient: It's awesome, everything has been clarified.
Doctor: Seriously nothing wrong like: what is Anderson doing on citadel ? , mysterious Shepard's wound after Anderson death ? space magic no helmet needed ? Harbinger flees from the batlle ( batlle of all the battles ) or maybe space kid that is lying as hell ? no ? zero ? nothing ? no ?!
Patient: Not at all !!! Stop saying that IT thing !!!!
Doctor: Pateint is mentally ill, sister please take a patient to his cell.

So, my point is that we don't have an ending, Indoctrination Theory is so strong, and the all we see is that cop-out with container loaded with bullshit. What the fuck is that ?
I'm sorry for my swearing (I'm not trying to offend anyone here), but this how I react to an "ending".
Der Wahnsinn
Der Wahnsinn
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:50 am

yep. it's a huge ''fuck you'' to anyone and everyone who played the original trilogy and got ''IT'', and the bioderp fanbois are gonna frap themselves to death over it's utterly shitty dialogue and crappy character faces.

dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by TurianRebel212 Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:58 pm

I for one, can't wait to play Mass Effect SJW and Feminist Edition. I don't know what all you fucking white males are complaining about. MEA will be GOTY and surely show strong, independent women that they to now can be a "Pathfinder".
TurianRebel212
TurianRebel212
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Valsamon Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:37 pm

TurianRebel212 wrote:... SJW and Feminist Edition...

OK, I'll bite.
What exactly has been shown so far that merits those as comparative adjectives?

A (optional) Female lead character and (optional) gay/lesbian relationships aren't exactly new to the series.

Valsamon
Valsamon
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Post by TurianRebel212 Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:52 pm

I don't know you brah. Never heard of you. But I'll answer. The Ryder in the trailer is based on Anna Sarkhesian, physically, or whatever her stupid name is. She's a major Feminist cunt and a proven fraud. BioWare themselves have admitted that they need more "inclusion" and be more "progressive" for their games and characters.

AKA SJW trash.   That's bout it.
TurianRebel212
TurianRebel212
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:35 am

Sigh. If we're going to condemn a game, let it be for the right reasons. "SJW trash" isn't it.
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Valsamon Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:54 am

TurianRebel212 wrote: ...  That's bout it.

So...

1. All ladies with dark hair look the same, and if they do, that implies things.
2. The words inclusion and progressive need quotation marks, to imply a non-specific additional meaning. Subtle
3. The notion of a strong, independent woman in a Mass Effect game is worthy of derision (?)
4. If we keep repeating abbreviations enough we can grind whatever political/social axe we need to while avoiding any meaningful conversation or debate.

Did i miss anything?
Valsamon
Valsamon
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:50 am

i don't really give a shit bout relationships in the mass effect universe.

it takes away from the need for a cohesive game, and instead makes it some kind of weird pork what you want simulator. for anyone interested in that kind of thing i've got a suggestion.

don't buy the game. instead grab the money you were going to spend on the game, and go out and buy some real fucking sex. whatever your persuasion you cannot beat the real thing.

dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by windsurfing Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:55 pm

This is all getting very predictable now. Bioware have already confirmed there is a "Ryder family mystery" to solve.

Some leaks a long while back talked about a human being one of the antagonists. Daddy Ryder is the original pathfinder but your player character Bro/Sis Ryder junior will inherit the role because reasons. Actually, even thats clear now, the Human Ark get destroyed because of story driven reasons.

One of the upcoming Novels is called Mass Effect: Nexus Uprising so it seems that's the real reason for the outlaws we saw in the gameplay reveal. Seems like Ark Hyperion is late to the party and shit goes down in the Nexus, mutiny maybe, so the outlaws get booted out after a failed attempt to take control of the Nexus. This part will be filled in as a novel backstory.

The rumors in the past also talked about troops dropping down from "Cerberus" ships. It's a Mac Walters freakshow so thats not entirely surprising though repulsive to think of it. Since the Project starts and takes off right after ME2 you'd have to be naive to think Cerberus wont take any interest in this project or should I say Mac Walter' amazing creative artistic integrity. So you have possible Cerberus presence, which means Ryder mystery is now beginning to look less nebulous. Dad is a Cerberus agent, totally dug deep into the project nitty gritty, supplying intel to TIM and Cerberus. Daddy Ryder was part of the Grissom task force that went through the Charon Relay in 2149, first contact war was in 2157 it is not mentioned if Alec Ryder was part of that too, if he was then that would be a good reason to have xenophobic sentiments against Milky Way non-human races.

Bioware also confirms the Kett while being one of your main enemies you would find reasons to empathize with them. Seems reasonable if you consider daddy Ryder turns rouge and you feel a bit of sympathy for the problems that result in the enmity with Kett or whatever the reasons that get them pissed off with Milky way visitors especially Humans.

In one of the teasers back in 2015 on N7 day we saw a Krogan dropping a human to what seemed like that character's eventual death, while another Human casually watches on, this sinister looking masked human looked to have some sort of N7ish combat armor though N7 logos can't be clearly seen. That may well be rouge Alec Ryder.

The rumor also talked about you having the option to spare the life of the human antagonist, of course if it's your dad thats a tough call to make given the nature of the crime(s).

This is the big freaking dark Ryder family mystery? Sure looks like it. If any of these prove right don't blame me for ruining your fun playing it, they just made it too easy to predict. At that stage I would also wonder why didn't they just call it Bold and the Beautiful - Andromeda and be done with it.

Last edited by windsurfing on Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos)
windsurfing
windsurfing
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by TurianRebel212 Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:07 pm

windsurfing wrote:This is all getting very predictable now. Bioware have already confirmed there is a "Ryder family mystery" to solve.

Some leaks a long while back talked about a human being one of the antagonists. Daddy Ryder is the original pathfinder but your player character Bro/Sis Ryder junior will inherit the role because reasons. Actually, even thats clear now, the Human Ark get destroyed because of story drive reasons.

One of the upcoming Novels is called Mass Effect: Nexus Uprising so it seems that's the real reason for the outlaws we saw in the gameplay reveal. Seems like Ark Hyperion is late to the party and shit goes down in the Nexus, mutiny maybe, so the outlaws get booted out after a failed attempt to take control of the Nexus. This part which will be filled in as a novel backstory.

The rumors in the past also talked about troops dropping down from "Cerberus" ships. It's a Mac Walters freakshow so thats not entirely surprising though repulsive to think of it. Since the Project starts and takes off right after ME2 you'd have to be naive to think Cerberus wont take any interest in this project or should I say Mac Walter' amazing creative artistic integrity. So you have possible Cerberus presence, which means Ryder mystery is now beginning to look less nebulous. Dad is a Cerberus agent, totally dug deep into the project nitty gritty, supplying intel to TIM and Cerberus. Daddy Ryder was part of the Grissom task force that went through the Charon Relay in 2149, first contact war was in 2157 it is not mentioned if Alec Ryder was part of that too, if he was then that would be a good reason to have xenophobic sentiments against Milk Way non-human races.

Bioware also confirms the Kett while being one of your main enemies you would find reasons to empathize with them. Seems reasonable if you consider daddy Ryder turns rouge and you feel a bit of sympathy for the problems that result in the enmity with Kett or whatever the reasons that get them pissed off with Milk way visitors especially Humans.

In one of the teasers back in 2015 on N7 day we saw a Krogan dropping a human to what seemed like that character's eventual death, while another Human casually watches on, this sinister looking masked human looked to have some sort of N7ish combat armor though N7 logos can't be clearly seen. That may well be rouge Alec Ryder.

The rumor also talked about you having the option to spare the life of the human antagonist, of course if it's your dad thats a tough call to make given the nature of the crime(s).

This is the big freaking dark Ryder family mystery? Sure looks like it. If any of these prove right don't blame me for ruining your fun playing it, they just made it too easy to predict. At that stage I would also wonder why didn't they just call it Bold and the Beautiful - Andromeda and be done with it.

TurianRebel212
TurianRebel212
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:39 pm

vlad78 wrote:lol

Once a sucker, always a sucker. Wink

What are you on about? Who's a sucker?

ZerebusPrime wrote:Sigh.  If we're going to condemn a game, let it be for the right reasons.  "SJW trash" isn't it.

Gonna have to disagree there.

Valsamon wrote:So...

1. All ladies with dark hair look the same, and if they do, that implies things.
2. The words inclusion and progressive need quotation marks, to imply a non-specific additional meaning. Subtle
3. The notion of a strong, independent woman in a Mass Effect game is worthy of derision (?)
4. If we keep repeating abbreviations enough we can grind whatever political/social axe we need to while avoiding any meaningful conversation or debate.

Did i miss anything?

He's hardly the first to notice the strong resemblance and it's hardly just dark hair and lack of a soul.

"Strong independent woman" is, and always has been, code for "colossal bitch."

There's no one thing to point to for BW's SJW bullshit but it's quite clear if you've been unfortunate enough to have paid any attention to them in the past few years. Especially with BSN. I remember some white knight virgin piece of shit, Alan something or other, that was a BW employee (not just a volunteer mod) that was outright bullying and threatening posters who disagreed with their politics. SJW scum was constantly posting hate speech against men, whites, straight people (God forbid, all of the above!) and BW refused to even warn them. Things that would've (and should've) gotten you an instant permaban if you said it about, say, black people.

Turian is right. Today's BW is a SJW plane crash. If you disagree, you haven't been paying attention.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:25 pm

This SJW concept intrigues me. And I thought it made me feel kinda glad I'm from Europe. But political correctness is more of a problem than racism here, too.

In Holland they're trying to get rid of an annual festive tradition meant for children, because it's supposedly racist, but in reality it's not. It only now became a source of racism just because these SJW assholes all jumped on it like they don't have any actual concerns in their lives or something. So all they accomplish is create more racism and divide in society.

This kind of agonizing irony is sort of funny, from on outsider's perspective. Yet all these fucking media keep giving these SJWs a stage to share their nonsense, while everybody's just so done with them.

I just don't get it.
smash016
smash016
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:54 pm

smash016 wrote:This SJW concept intrigues me. And I thought it made me feel kinda glad I'm from Europe. But political correctness is more of a problem than racism here, too.

In Holland they're trying to get rid of an annual festive tradition meant for children, because it's supposedly racist, but in reality it's not. It only now became a source of racism just because these SJW assholes all jumped on it like they don't have any actual concerns in their lives or something. So all they accomplish is create more racism and divide in society.

This kind of agonizing irony is sort of funny, from on outsider's perspective. Yet all these fucking media keep giving these SJWs a stage to share their nonsense, while everybody's just so done with them.

I just don't get it.

Oh, come the fuck on. "But political correctness is more of a problem than racism here." In a country where the most popular political "party" (read: one-man-show) is literally chanting "less Moroccans" and only becomes more popular for it.

If you don't see why black people feel ridiculed by a figure that is unquestionably a caricature of a negro (complete with black painted skin, big red painted lips, curly afro wig, huge golden earrings and, to top it off, a genuine 17th century slave outfit), then you have a serious mental health problem. Especially when you're claiming "they're trying to get rid of a festive tradition for children", when that's absolutely NOT the case. NOBODY wants to get rid of Sinterklaas (except for the odd one-in-a-million nutcake), they're only tweaking black pete's appearance so it's less offensive to black people.

No, it's not meant to be a racist festivity, the caricature however, is very certainly racist.

But GOD FORBID they give him a grey face instead of a black face because children really care about the guy's colour (LIKE HELL they do). And the fact that people feel offended by a racial stereotype is obviously a lesser concern than black pete changing colour.

This is not a trendy SJW thing, this has been a topic of discussion for at least the past 30 years. The outrage just gets worse every year because things aren't changing enough. If you don't see that, then yeah, you truly do not get it, you fucking hypocrite.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:04 am

and that happened.......

dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by Der Wahnsinn Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:40 pm

Oldie but goodie, found that years ago on BSN, I think this comic after almost five years is still up to date. Not my work, just reuploading.

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 35 202
Der Wahnsinn
Der Wahnsinn
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:24 pm

Der Wahnsinn wrote:Oldie but goodie, found that years ago on BSN, I think this comic after almost five years is still up to date. Not my work, just reuploading.

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 35 202

that is awesome.

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 35 A03
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by windsurfing Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:37 pm

@Der Wahnsinn, that's pure gold! My sides hurt.
windsurfing
windsurfing
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:40 pm

dorktainian wrote:that is awesome.

Quoting a 4802 vertical resolution image just to say "that's awesome."

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 35 17506846
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:29 pm

DoomsdayDevice wrote:stuff

PM
smash016
smash016
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:25 pm

Rifneno wrote:
dorktainian wrote:that is awesome.

Quoting a 4802 vertical resolution image just to say "that's awesome."

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 35 17506846

bloody hell. Shocked
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:58 pm

windsurfing wrote:

The rumors in the past also talked about troops dropping down from "Cerberus" ships. It's a Mac Walters freakshow so thats not entirely surprising though repulsive to think of it. Since the Project starts and takes off right after ME2 you'd have to be naive to think Cerberus wont take any interest in this project or should I say Mac Walter' amazing creative artistic integrity. So you have possible Cerberus presence, which means Ryder mystery is now beginning to look less nebulous. Dad is a Cerberus agent, totally dug deep into the project nitty gritty, supplying intel to TIM and Cerberus. Daddy Ryder was part of the Grissom task force that went through the Charon Relay in 2149, first contact war was in 2157 it is not mentioned if Alec Ryder was part of that too, if he was then that would be a good reason to have xenophobic sentiments against Milky Way non-human races.

Bioware also confirms the Kett while being one of your main enemies you would find reasons to empathize with them. Seems reasonable if you consider daddy Ryder turns rouge and you feel a bit of sympathy for the problems that result in the enmity with Kett or whatever the reasons that get them pissed off with Milky way visitors especially Humans.

I suspect you are correct. Remember the first cinematic trailer, with that faintly ridiculous bit where Ryder senior draws his gun on his own bridge and swaggers towards the camera? Aside from being a clumsy attempt to make him look like a badass, it did suggest to me that this guy might be a bit of an asshole. Coupled with the fact that they've hired a relatively well known actor in Clancy Brown to play him, who's probably best known for playing the Kurgan in Highlander, and it's starting to look very much like he might have an important antagonist role.

I can only imagine the collective groan that will come up from the fan base if Cerberus hog the limelight again. The one potential upside of that would be if "Rydad" has been exposed to Reaper tech by Cerberus and starts showing symptoms of indoctrination. If any of these include dreams of dead kids in shadowy forests then that might be interesting, I suppose.
Eryri
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next