Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

+34
windsurfing
TurianRebel212
WeAreHarbinger
Jusseb
ZerebusPrime
Rifneno
dorktainian
triggerwarning
vlad78
CSSteele
Raistlin Majere
DoomsdayDevice
ElSuperGecko
Eryri
Terramine
1864_WORST_YEAR_OF_MY_LIF
Dr_Claymores
aboutthosedays
Maximus
Byne
Norlond
MaximizedAction
magnetite
Cyberfrog
symbowles
Ithurael
clennon8
ericformans_sisterisdead
Dwailing
noobcannon
Master Blaster
jojon2se
Yemeth
Valsamon
38 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 38 Empty Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by Der Wahnsinn Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:38 pm

Eryri wrote:To be slightly more on-topic, it seems that over Christmas Bioware ran a three hour stream on youtube and twitch of one of their employees silently staring at a camera while sitting by a fire, surrounded by N7 merch. I remember very briefly tuning in but I thought that it was just a placeholder image for an event that was yet to start, not the actual stream.

Oh mein Gott,  so New Year, new pathetic stuff by bioware, great, let's all take a seat get some snacks and watch the show. That stream with this guy ..... seriously what the fuck is that, I've always thought that if you want promote your games show the actual game, some good scenens, intersting features or anything that can bring you customers not..............  guy siting on chair  doing .......... nothing . But this thing has it's good side  shows you why bioderps are actually called derps.
My potato has more intelligence than them,
This scene shows bioware "fans" today:

Just show them some shit and they are going to praise you, nothing more needed, basic urges,  at least aliens in that locker are funny, ... bioderps .... not funny at all just pathetic bunch of people.
Sometimes I understand bioware, you have fans, you can show them anything and they will pay for it, easy money. I hate that, but this is world today. Too much fucking greed.
Der Wahnsinn
Der Wahnsinn
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 38 Empty Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by Eryri Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:44 am

A new and very brief gameplay trailer came out last night. The release date is March 21st in North America and the 23rd in Europe.

Eryri
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:51 am

still looks shit
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAreHarbinger Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:46 pm

It looks like they took everything about recent games and just slapped an ME skin on it. My biggest issue is this "profiles" shit, does this mean you can switch class in the middle of a game. Why?

Actually just why Bioware, why did you do this?

Edit: Just checked out someone's video on YT saying that you can switch classes on the fly, jesus christ...
WeAreHarbinger
WeAreHarbinger
Blood Pack Boom-Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:05 am

From what I've read on various sites this trailer has had a very mixed reception. The comments section of this article is overwhelmingly negative -
http://www.pcgamer.com/mass-effect-andromeda-gameplay-video-is-short-but-relatively-sweet/
Bones of contention seem to be the very narrow field of view and the weird respeccing system.

I can't quite tell what he's supposed to be fighting, the video definition seems quite poor.
Eryri
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:56 pm

Switch classes on the fly? srsly? I have a hard time believing that.

Ah well, who cares. The whole shit is beyond repair anyway.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAreHarbinger Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:57 pm

"BioWare has already confirmed Mass Effect: Andromeda won't have set classes. Instead, as a Pathfinder, players will be able to switch between classes like Vanguard and Infiltrator on-the-fly. Here are the included classes that will be available in the game:
Soldier
Engineer
Adept
Sentinal
Vanguard
Infiltrator
Explorer

So yeah, you can switch classes, it even had a "profile" system showcasing it. As far as the narrative reason i can't think of any way someone who trained in Biotics can suddenly just drop that and go "Hey i'm soldier now, pew pew". It really shows how bad the story is going to go with this one
WeAreHarbinger
WeAreHarbinger
Blood Pack Boom-Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Valsamon Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:49 pm

"hey, what could we add to a Mass Effect game to make people LESS likely to want to replay it?"

Also

"you know the combat system that we've made progressively better from game to game in this series - is there anything we can do to reverse that?"

"Well, we could replace cover based shooting / tactics with side strafing and spamming abilities, watching health bars tick down on bullet sponges"

"Good start, but its not quite..."

"we can also add jetpacks."

"Sold"

Valsamon
Valsamon
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Post by Der Wahnsinn Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:07 pm

wait wait , so you are a Soldier or Tech class and then you can have biotic powers ........ what,  ok plot is already a huge mess but this.......  no no no this what ?!??!?!?! how ? ok  you can change your class in trilogy, but only on start, and that thing is just pure game mechanics/ programing thing whatever. But this !!! I'm Soldier pure strength  no biotics amps/ i have never been able to do any biotic thing, but fuck it, space magic, sudenly I can do everything, just.... what the fuck.... no no magic ? even in fantasy world like Dragon Age you have to be born with magic ..... I just don't get it ...... fuck logic. BioWare - because we fuck logic and fuck our own lore.
Der Wahnsinn
Der Wahnsinn
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:44 pm

So... the characters have to be biotic, period, and then the class choice becomes purely about accessory enhancements. So they're Sentinels.

As much as repeated brain surgeries to alter biotic implants amuse me...
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:19 pm

JFC that is completely retarded, if true.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:29 pm

smash016 wrote:I'm not seeing a single thing in that trailer that signifies any kind of artistic authenticity, not one original, refreshing, or surprising element.

It's so fucking "oh this is what the greatest number of kids out there will probably recognize from other shit titles" on BioWare's part.

Exactly the same for this new video.

And exactly why I seldom play video games, especially these days.

Such a waste. It could've been so nice...
smash016
smash016
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:04 pm

To briefly play devil's advocate, Shepard could take cross-class bonus powers in the original trilogy. I think I gave Reave to my soldier Shepard which didn't make much sense in terms of lore.

However, that was just one power at a time, which could only be changed on the Normandy at a cost. Plus Shepard at least was unusual in that he'd been rebuilt with all sorts of fancy tech at great expense. Unless the Ryders have died, and been brought back by Cerberus, what's their excuse for this wildly OP ability to change their entire class?

So in addition to a magic intergalactic drive that breaks prior lore we now have magic biotic implants that can operate as either an adept or a vanguard, while still being compatible with the kind of implants that full soldiers and engineers get. It's like lore is just regarded as an inconvenience now.
Eryri
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAreHarbinger Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:37 am

At least with Shepard it could make sense. I know that you could swap classes between games in the trilogy but is easy explainable in lore. ME 1 to 2 = Rebuilt using Cerberus tech and 2 to 3 (s)he is in custody, has access to any kind of medical tech on earth. You could only do it once at the start, I feel this is going to be one of those things that you can swap out like your weapon addons. This new switching shit will probably be explained by "new tech can make you do this we found" and just jammed in there like this new engine drive.
WeAreHarbinger
WeAreHarbinger
Blood Pack Boom-Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Valsamon Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:02 am

ok, minor walkback here.
Watched the CES trailer again - when it goes into switch profiles, Adept, Sentinel, and Vanguard are all greyed out.

Have no idea if that means you make a decision between biotic / non-biotic at the start of the game, but at least its slightly less terrible ?
Valsamon
Valsamon
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Post by magnetite Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:53 am

I remember playing this one MMORPG, Rift, where you could swap class roles on the fly simply by changing your talents.
magnetite
magnetite
Brute

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAreHarbinger Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:08 am

I can deal with none biotic/biotic separation. It would make sense that a soldier or engineer cant suddenly swap to adept or vanguard on the fly.
WeAreHarbinger
WeAreHarbinger
Blood Pack Boom-Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Der Wahnsinn Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:24 am

Eryri wrote:To briefly play devil's advocate, Shepard could take cross-class bonus powers in the original trilogy. I think I gave Reave to my soldier Shepard which didn't make much sense in terms of lore
Yes but it was only possible after beating the game, at the beginning no bonus powers, so in that case is just game being a game,  bonus power after beating the game.

WeAreHarbinger wrote:At least with Shepard it could make sense. I know that you could swap classes between games in the trilogy but is easy explainable in lore. ME 1 to 2 = Rebuilt using Cerberus tech and 2 to 3 (s)he is in custody, has access to any kind of medical tech on earth. (...)

Yes exactly. For me it just pure game mechanics, nonetheless it can be explained in that way. So in case of ME trilogy that works well.

Here we have serious shit going on
Der Wahnsinn
Der Wahnsinn
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Post by windsurfing Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:47 am

Psst folk this really isn't Mass Effect, it's their new IP, they just decided to call it ME:Andromeda. lel
windsurfing
windsurfing
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:20 pm

Combat I've seen so far reminds me a little too much of the Transformers films and Michael Bay explosions.

Which by the way, is another franchise that got its lore utterly raped by means of "this probably sells better if we slap a dormant IP on it".
smash016
smash016
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAreHarbinger Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:30 pm

smash016 wrote: Which by the way, is another franchise that got its lore utterly raped by means of "this probably sells better if we slap a dormant IP on it".

This, this is how i feel about ME:A, it's just another victim of EA now. I hoped it wouldn't happen but meh, looks like it did. I was even debating buying it just for the Multiplayer, i still play ME 3's...but nah, i'll do without. I haven't seen anything from MP in the trailers, which makes me wonder how much that was changed from it's original...
WeAreHarbinger
WeAreHarbinger
Blood Pack Boom-Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:24 pm

smash016 wrote:Combat I've seen so far reminds me a little too much of the Transformers films and Michael Bay explosions.

Which by the way, is another franchise that got its lore utterly raped by means of "this probably sells better if we slap a dormant IP on it".

My brother in law likes Bayformers. I don't think I've ever been able to sit through a whole one without having to leave the room for half an hour to sit somewhere quiet. And I was a transformers fanatic as a kid. I can't wait to see how he'll ruin Unicron in the next film.

Does anyone think "Nexus Level" is going to work like "Power" did in Inquisition to unlock new areas of the map?

One last nitpick, wouldn't an asteroid field that dense coalesce into a planetoid fairly quickly? Our own asteroid belt is actually very widely spaced. Maybe it's supposed to be a moon that's been recently blown up.
Eryri
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:34 pm

Aww... Unicron... dat voice acting. From original TF movie. Makes even Sovereign humble.
smash016
smash016
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:51 am

According to... uh... this thing... around the 18:00 mark.

The "change your class on the fly" thing isn't that.  It's more that each class is represented by a skill tree and you can progress down those trees without restriction, Skyrim style.  So it's probably like Dragon Age Inquisition where you can't take every tree and need to specialize on one or two while just grabbing a few skills from the others.

And he says there's a new game plus mode.  So maybe you really can become a Soldier Adept Engineer Explorer Sentinel.

EDIT: It's painful, but if you can sit through it then do so.
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Der Wahnsinn Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:09 am

windsurfing wrote:Psst folk this really isn't Mass Effect, it's their new IP, they just decided to call it ME:Andromeda. lel

WeAreHarbinger wrote:This, this is how i feel about ME:A, it's just another victim of EA now. I hoped it wouldn't happen but meh, looks like it did.

At this point, I have no idea why they did Mass Effect 3 ending in the way they did. I mean we can agree that IT is very obvious, it is still called theory just because it was never "officially" stated that this not theory, but true. After five years .... new IP, aka Mass Effect: Andromeda, and very pleasing statment to all IT people, that stament is: "go fuck yourselves". They are being pussies and avoid sane, normal people at all cost. I can understand things like "leave something in the plot at end that we can continue the story further to make more games, (from business perspective),  but making something like IT then ...... nothing ??? just crappy cop out, I will say again what hell is going on ? They left us giant pile of shit.
Der Wahnsinn
Der Wahnsinn
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next