Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literalists say the darndest things

+47
FreewheelinDylan
applepie_svk
zninjazero
noobcannon
Veridiano02
JamesStone
HYR 2.1
sandman2190
401 Kill
Rankincountry
leafs43
richie21
BatmanTurian
lex0r
Nightvayne
AxStapleton
demersel
invetro
DSharrah
Cyberfrog
Arian Dynas
Arkio
Hanako Ikezawa
Master Blaster
Starscream
umadcommander
BleedingUranium
DoomsdayDevice
Hrothdane
clennon8
skillz1986
Eryri
shadowsenshi
Allynna
Rifneno
Andromidius
magnetite
Steelcan
draconian139
ElSuperGecko
Restrider
Raistlin Majere
GethJuggernautMKII
dorktainian
Fur28
Norlond
RavenEyry
51 posters

Page 10 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 19  Next

Go down

Literalists say the darndest things - Page 10 Empty Re: Literalists say the darndest things

Post by RavenEyry Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:42 pm

Eryri wrote:Another thing that irritates me about literalists is their incredulity that Bioware would try anything so wacky and "out there". Because mind fucks, significant dreams, fantasies and reality shifts aren't an incredibly well worn path in modern popular entertainment!

Why does it seem such a radical concept in a video game?
And, just in case anyone's forgotten, Bioware have done similar things before. Several times.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Literalists say the darndest things - Page 10 Empty Re: Literalists say the darndest things

Post by GethJuggernautMKII Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:46 pm

Hanar won't be happy with ME3 until they release a DLC allowing his Shepard to bow down and lick TIM's boots. I swear he actually believes in Cerberus's racist ideals.
GethJuggernautMKII
GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by Starscream Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:28 pm

RavenEyry wrote:
Eryri wrote:Another thing that irritates me about literalists is their incredulity that Bioware would try anything so wacky and "out there". Because mind fucks, significant dreams, fantasies and reality shifts aren't an incredibly well worn path in modern popular entertainment!

And, just in case anyone's forgotten, Bioware have done similar things before. Several times.

They did?
Starscream
Starscream
Mercenary

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:28 pm

RavenEyry wrote:

Not just incredulity that Bioware would try to do something like that, but an apparent belief that Bioware are incapable of doing something like that.

No, it's not indoctrination, it's not foreshadowing, it's not hidden depths and deeper meanings, it's all just bad writingz! /facepalm

Even if it's not IT, I am 100% certain that Bioware will have a twist in the tale for us before the DLC cycle is complete. They have something planned, and I can't wait to see what it is.
ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:38 pm

Iggy Koopa wrote:
RavenEyry wrote:

They did?

They have indeed - https://indoctrinationtheory.forumotion.co.uk/t27-bioware-s-history-of-manipulating-its-players

Apologies if you actually already know all this. I have a poor irony detector even in real life.
Eryri
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by Arian Dynas Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:53 pm

And of course, don't forget;

The KoTOR twist,
Painful DA:O foreshadowing,
The Baldur's Gate HISTORY of twists,
and more.
Arian Dynas
Arian Dynas
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Andromidius Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:23 am

Arian Dynas wrote:And of course, don't forget;

The KoTOR twist,
Painful DA:O foreshadowing,
The Baldur's Gate HISTORY of twists,
and more.

Jade Empire.
Andromidius
Andromidius
Admin

https://indoctrinationtheory.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by magnetite Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:50 am

ElSuperGecko wrote:
Not just incredulity that Bioware would try to do something like that, but an apparent belief that Bioware are incapable of doing something like that.

No, it's not indoctrination, it's not foreshadowing, it's not hidden depths and deeper meanings, it's all just bad writingz! /facepalm

Wish I could smack that guy with a smelly rotten fish who said that. That'll bring him to his senses.
magnetite
magnetite
Brute

Back to top Go down

Post by invetro Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:52 am

Iggy Koopa wrote:
Phantom Infiltrator wrote:I never understood what the deal was with the scarf in all of Seboist's avatars.

Seboist is not even the only one with the red scarf in his/her avatar. I've seen multiple users with exactly the same red scarf. Heretic_Hanar has one, Costin_Razvan has a red scarf too.

What is going on here, are they starting an online gang or something? Laughing

Edit: Here, see for yourself:

Seboist:
Literalists say the darndest things - Page 10 634689p

Heretic_Hanar:
Literalists say the darndest things - Page 10 636873p

Costin_Razvan:
Literalists say the darndest things - Page 10 4031810

What if... what if this means they're undercover Bioware employees... trolling as they have been ordered to troll...

I'm kidding of course.

Or am I. Shocked
invetro
invetro
Thorian Creeper

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChhncq2NBuQMAEJxxOcSBqA

Back to top Go down

Post by Andromidius Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:56 am

Considering its the same pattern, I suspect they are a little forum-gang who don't understand how to remain secret (or want to think they are smart and bold by having similar sigs).
Andromidius
Andromidius
Admin

https://indoctrinationtheory.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by BleedingUranium Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:05 am

I nominate this entire thread, along with the poll comments

lol!
BleedingUranium
BleedingUranium
Thresher Maw

Back to top Go down

Post by Starscream Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:31 am

Andromidius wrote:Considering its the same pattern, I suspect they are a little forum-gang who don't understand how to remain secret (or want to think they are smart and bold by having similar sigs).

Well, to be quite honest, I don't think they want to be a secret. Never heard of "reppin' the gang"? It means you "fly the colors" of your gang, in public, showing everyone that you are part of said gang. It increases the notoriety of the gang, which is exactly the point.

PS: I'm not a gangster myself, I simply watched a documentary about it once. Laughing
Starscream
Starscream
Mercenary

Back to top Go down

Post by GethJuggernautMKII Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:28 am

It'd be hilarious to roll back onto BSN and start our own gang.
GethJuggernautMKII
GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:21 am

invetro wrote:
Iggy Koopa wrote:
Phantom Infiltrator wrote:I never understood what the deal was with the scarf in all of Seboist's avatars.

Seboist is not even the only one with the red scarf in his/her avatar. I've seen multiple users with exactly the same red scarf. Heretic_Hanar has one, Costin_Razvan has a red scarf too.

What is going on here, are they starting an online gang or something? Laughing

Edit: Here, see for yourself:

Seboist:
Literalists say the darndest things - Page 10 634689p

Heretic_Hanar:
Literalists say the darndest things - Page 10 636873p

Costin_Razvan:
Literalists say the darndest things - Page 10 4031810

What if... what if this means they're undercover Bioware employees... trolling as they have been ordered to troll...

I'm kidding of course.

Or am I. Shocked

OH. MY. GOD. affraid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hrothdane Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:28 am

I'm trying to imagine gang that would have Mitsuru Kirijo, Monkey D. Luffy, and Jim Raynor in it.
Hrothdane
Hrothdane
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:08 am

Hrothdane wrote:I'm trying to imagine gang that would have Mitsuru Kirijo, Monkey D. Luffy, and Jim Raynor in it.

I wouldn't want to run into them as a villain that is for sure.

Also if Luffy was placed in the decision chamber he would break free. Never mind recognizing it for the trick it is, the moment the Catalyst said "I know you have thought about destroying us" Luffy would smash that tube open without waiting for the Catalyst to finish Laughing
Raistlin Majere
Raistlin Majere
N7

Back to top Go down

Post by Starscream Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:03 pm

Raistlin Majere wrote:
Hrothdane wrote:I'm trying to imagine gang that would have Mitsuru Kirijo, Monkey D. Luffy, and Jim Raynor in it.

I wouldn't want to run into them as a villain that is for sure.

Also if Luffy was placed in the decision chamber he would break free. Never mind recognizing it for the trick it is, the moment the Catalyst said "I know you have thought about destroying us" Luffy would smash that tube open without waiting for the Catalyst to finish Laughing

Luffy would not recognize any tricks. He doesn't need to. Luffy is so gullible and stupid, yet through his own stupidity and rash behavior, he often makes the best decisions in hindsight. Hehe, Luffy is awesome.

I have to say, even though Hanar is an annoying troll, he does know his anime. One Piece is absolutely awesome! Laughing
Starscream
Starscream
Mercenary

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:35 pm

Hanar secretly likes IT. He just doesn't want to admit it. He's like this guy who hangs around this girl that he claims to hate, but there's nothing he'd rather do than make sweet love to her.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by GethJuggernautMKII Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:43 pm

Hanar has revealed before that he dislikes IT simply because it would make his ending choice wrong.
GethJuggernautMKII
GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:49 pm

Brovikk Rasputin wrote...

I can't wait for all the sad delicious posts on here when some of you find out that the next DLC won't be ending related. So good!

What a poisonous little toad.
Eryri
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:51 pm

Phantom Infiltrator wrote:Hanar has revealed before that he dislikes IT simply because it would make his ending choice wrong.

The entirety of the game made his ending choice wrong. Even in the literal interpretation, Shepard must have been tainted with indoctrination when TIM forced him to kill Anderson. You cannot control that which controls you.
Eryri
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by GethJuggernautMKII Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:00 pm

This isn't a case of literalist's failing hard at logic, but its an interesting thread regardless.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/355/index/15649656/2#15650863
GethJuggernautMKII
GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by Restrider Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:39 pm

DoomsdayDevice wrote:Hanar secretly likes IT. He just doesn't want to admit it. He's like this guy who hangs around this girl that he claims to hate, but there's nothing he'd rather do than make sweet love to her.
Why else would he spend so much time in the IT thread?
Or he is an obsessed maniac....
Restrider
Restrider
Blood Pack Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Starscream Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:46 pm

Phantom Infiltrator wrote:Hanar has revealed before that he dislikes IT simply because it would make his ending choice wrong.

I believe his reasons for disliking the IT where a bit more complex than just that. Although I wouldn't doubt that this is one of the reasons why he doesn't like the IT. I also saw him posting other reasons however. He once said that he doesn't like the IT because it would just be a "cheap reset button" and turning the current endings in "just all a dream", or something like that.

I disagree with him obviously, but it still shows his reasons for disliking the IT are more than just "it makes my ending choice wrong".
Starscream
Starscream
Mercenary

Back to top Go down

Post by Starscream Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:47 pm

Restrider wrote:
DoomsdayDevice wrote:Hanar secretly likes IT. He just doesn't want to admit it. He's like this guy who hangs around this girl that he claims to hate, but there's nothing he'd rather do than make sweet love to her.
Why else would he spend so much time in the IT thread?
Or he is an obsessed maniac....

Is he still spending so much time in the IT group? I haven't really been lurking there ever since this forum was started. This place is much cooler and I feel much more comfortable to post here than on the BSN.
Starscream
Starscream
Mercenary

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 19  Next