Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

+34
dorktainian
CSSteele
Master Blaster
Terramine
smash016
Ithurael
HYR 2.1
Norlond
Rifneno
DoomsdayDevice
TurianRebel212
Eryri
ericformans_sisterisdead
Maximus
ZerebusPrime
vlad78
southbeatz
Dwailing
clennon8
Jusseb
Steelcan
Raistlin Majere
MaximizedAction
demersel
WeAreHarbinger
jojon2se
ElSuperGecko
Criddle
invetro
ViolentSound
noobcannon
DaniSaur
symbowles
Valsamon
38 posters

Page 15 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 15 Empty Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by Rifneno Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:49 am

southbeatz wrote:A ME multiplayer set up similar to a MMO would be nice. Having some hub cities on different worlds etc. MMO stories are usually minimal anyways.
You're kidding, right?  I've only played 2 MMO's, but they both had some of the most complex and expansive stories in gaming.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 15 Empty Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by southbeatz Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:07 am

Rifneno wrote:
southbeatz wrote:A ME multiplayer set up similar to a MMO would be nice. Having some hub cities on different worlds etc. MMO stories are usually minimal anyways.
You're kidding, right?  I've only played 2 MMO's, but they both had some of the most complex and expansive stories in gaming.

You probably got lucky and played 2 that had good stories but most don't have good stories. Most MMOs focus on combat, gear progression etc more so than stories.
southbeatz
southbeatz
Geth Rocket Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:59 am

southbeatz wrote:
Rifneno wrote:

You probably got lucky and played 2 that had good stories but most don't have good stories. Most MMOs focus on combat, gear progression etc more so than stories.
No, most people just focus on the combat, gear progression, ect.  The two I played were EverQuest and WoW, and they both had books upon books of lore which the average player doesn't know jack shit about.  A lot of EQ's lore has even been lost to time, with stories released in the early 2000's being virtually impossible to find anymore.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:10 am

Rifneno wrote:
southbeatz wrote:
Rifneno wrote:

No, most people just focus on the combat, gear progression, ect.  The two I played were EverQuest and WoW, and they both had books upon books of lore which the average player doesn't know jack shit about.  A lot of EQ's lore has even been lost to time, with stories released in the early 2000's being virtually impossible to find anymore.

WoW had a lot of lore yes, whether it was good lore is more debatable. I played WoW for years and only got more disillusioned with the decisions Blizzard was making story-wise. To me they ruined much of the lore and many of the characters they carried over from the Warcraft games, to the point where I started considering the characters who they were seemingly ignoring to be the lucky ones as at least they were not being destroyed.

Personal opinion obviously.
Raistlin Majere
Raistlin Majere
N7

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:48 am

Raistlin Majere wrote:
Rifneno wrote:
southbeatz wrote:
Rifneno wrote:

WoW had a lot of lore yes, whether it was good lore is more debatable. I played WoW for years and only got more disillusioned with the decisions Blizzard was making story-wise. To me they ruined much of the lore and many of the characters they carried over from the Warcraft games, to the point where I started considering the characters who they were seemingly ignoring to be the lucky ones as at least they were not being destroyed.

Personal opinion obviously.
Where did I use the word "good"?  I said "complex and expansive."  i.e. big.  That there's lots of it.  There is lots of it.  Fucking tons.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by southbeatz Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:12 pm

Vindictus had a piss poor story, same imo goes for Tera. Guild Wars 2 had an ok story. The Secret World has a good story. DC Universe Online has pretty good stories. When I consider a good story, I would prefer to compare it to Mass Effect. If not compared to Mass Effect then sure MMOs could have stories that don't suck but we all were talking about Mass Effect and other potential games so Mass Effect has to be what they're compared to and MMOs story wise just don't match up against Mass Effect.
southbeatz
southbeatz
Geth Rocket Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:10 pm

It seems that Yannick Roy has been on Twitter responding to criticism of the choice of music in the trailer

http://www.gamesradar.com/mass-effect-4-andromeda-music/

Apparently it was chosen for "good reasons" which will be revealed later.
Could be just because of this "Wild West" vibe they're going for...
Eryri
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:24 pm

Eryri wrote:It seems that Yannick Roy has been on Twitter responding to criticism of the choice of music in the trailer

Obviously it's because they liked Nicholas Cage as the Ghost Rider.

EDIT: What do you mean the Spiderbait cover of that song for Ghost Rider is too obscure a reference to make a joke out of????
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:55 pm

ZerebusPrime wrote:
Eryri wrote:It seems that Yannick Roy has been on Twitter responding to criticism of the choice of music in the trailer

Obviously it's because they liked Nicholas Cage as the Ghost Rider.

EDIT: What do you mean the Spiderbait cover of that song for Ghost Rider is too obscure a reference to make a joke out of????

lol!
I actually looked that cover up on YouTube. Not bad. Probably better than those films deserved. The first one was OK-ish in a cheesy sort of way, but as for that sequel...

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 15 2211636-ghost_rider_spirit_of_vengeance_banner

I think that about sums it up.
Eryri
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:49 am

southbeatz wrote:Vindictus had a piss poor story, same imo goes for Tera. Guild Wars 2 had an ok story. The Secret World has a good story. DC Universe Online has pretty good stories. When I consider a good story, I would prefer to compare it to Mass Effect. If not compared to Mass Effect then sure MMOs could have stories that don't suck but we all were talking about Mass Effect and other potential games so Mass Effect has to be what they're compared to and MMOs story wise just don't match up against Mass Effect.

*sigh*
Once again, I said "big" not "good."  Quality is largely a matter of personal taste whereas quantity is not.  I'm not sure how much clearer I can make this.

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 15 WDG-Team-and-900-lbs-of-candy

Pictured above: Quantity.

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 15 Carries2-400x400

Pictured above: Quality.

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 15 Cheap-Assorted-Toy-Rings-Wholesale

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 15 Gold-Engagement-Ring-20145

Pictured above: Quality.

Here's where it gets relevant.  Here's what I'm talking about.

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 15 World-of-warcraft_logo-600x334

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 15 250px-Hw-shakespeare

Pictured above: Quality

No one is going to be reading about Thrall's adventures in 200 years, but if you want to know everything there is to know about Azeroth you better clear your calender for the next 6 months.

The 2 I played extensively were EQ and WoW, which are the two most successful in MMO history.  And by proxy, the most emulated.  Which means what they did, others try to do too.  And writing lots and lots of lore is one of the cheapest, easiest parts of building an MMO.  There is no reason to skimp on it.  In any good MMO, each zone generally has a fairly self-contained and interesting backstory.  You don't need to know it to use the zone, but if you want to, it's there.

I also played Rift for a couple months, and they followed the same general outline.  There was tons of lore if you're into lore, but it's not necessary if you just want to kill bad guys and get loot.  If you are though, there's everything from comics to websites you can read up on if the zones' self-contained storylines leave you hungry for more.

So no, MMO's are not generally "minimalist" storywise.  Quite the opposite.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by southbeatz Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:06 am

Lore is not the same as a game having a good story though. We each have different opinions on it so I'll just leave it at that lol.

The only MMO I'm playing currently is DC Universe Online. I know it's not one of the better MMOs but it's fun and has a lot of the DC characters etc in the game plus it's fun. I believe Mass Effect had solid combat but I played the Mass Effect series more so for its story. I don't particularly care to read books or read up for endless hours on lore for a game.

I've always preferred watching like how much of Mass Effect has voice acting. The combat was just an added bonus for me. Many years ago when I played the Call of Duty games online, I played those just for the fun online gameplay. I play MMOs more so to group with other humans, sometimes I'm not in the mood for single player games or mindless killing.

I don't doubt that WOW has tons of lore, given how many years the game has been going. I kind of wish I had tried it out several years ago. As many years as it's been going, I just don't feel it'd be a good idea for me to join in on it this late. There's 2 other MMOs that have my interest when they later are released in NA anyways, Blade & Soul or Black Desert.

Some of us prefer to experience the story in game as it unfolds while some of us prefer to read up on all of the lore that goes along with it. I would love to see a Mass Effect MMO though as I mentioned a few days ago. It seems that most MMOs out there and most new MMOs follow the old DnD theme while the few MMOs that step outside of that often struggle.

DC Universe Online is fun but is nowhere nearly as heavily populated as it could be. The Secret World I can same the same thing about pretty much. Star Wars The Old Republic, it wasn't doing so well the last few times I tried it out but I heard it's improved but I'd still assume it's not up there with the top MMOs which all are DnD themed.

I know there may never be a Mass Effect MMO but if there ever is, I think one big issue would be should it be the 3rd person shooter or follow the more traditional skill bars from MMOs. I know Mass Effect already has skill bars essentially but I think MMOs typically lean towards the skill bar set up because if someone lags, it's not too big of a deal but if it were a shooter and anyone lags then they're just screwed and doomed to die.
southbeatz
southbeatz
Geth Rocket Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Maximus Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:00 am

Guyz! Check these sick Mass Effect-ish beatz made by some random dude from the internet, called 'Sebdoom'!
It'z totally legit guyz, I swear!
His own 'ME:Andormeda' soundtrack interpretation (or whatever...)...
I literally fell in love with his 'Galaxy Map Theme'... makes me wanna xplore the sht out of 'Uncharted Worlds'!
(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 15 Pienkn10
Maximus
Maximus
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:22 am

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:12 pm

So, Reapers do not need to discharge their drive cores, right?

That's it then. They're going to Andromeda in a 'disabled' Reaper. albino
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:06 pm

Oh no you don't. I was the first person to suggest using Sovereign's rebuilt mass effect core to power and propel a massive transport ship to Andromeda on account of Reaper cores not needing to be discharged between points A and B! The credit is mine!!!!

Wait, do I even want credit for that?
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:03 pm

Now that you mention it, I must have remembered subconsciously that you suggested that. My bad!

I was hardly being serious as well.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:34 pm

SwobyJ wrote:

Crying

Back to top Go down

Post by TurianRebel212 Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:48 pm

Even dead Gods dream.

But yeah, let's all go ride in Reapers... Hurr durr hurr Derp.
TurianRebel212
TurianRebel212
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:42 pm

a question if you will. If leviathan was able to make people lose decades of their lives without realising it, then when the hell did shepard wake up and take a breath?
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:02 pm

That's the thing. It doesn't necessarily have to be presented chronologically. Especially because we can't see Shepard's face.
smash016
smash016
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:45 am

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 15 CIPVC0tWUAAHu1l

It occurs to me that the Earth could look a lot like the brown planet in the Andromeda trailer by the time the Reapers were done with it, assuming they weren't stopped.  Hell, all those missed shots from the allied fleet could've caused a similar effect, as well.

A once blue planet rendered so hostile to the lungs you'd have to wear a space suit with a helmet to survive the surface.

Not that I want to imply that the two images might be of the same planet.  It's just... huh.  And my mind starts to try to match landmarks through the clouds and then I match the path of a shiny waterway to the general shape of a light brown blob-plain (left of human - shoulder height and above) and then I can't unsee it. DAMN IT.  And then the stuff below and to the left was on fire in the original, meaning cities... and then in the second there's this massive scorched area where it looks like something scraped the surface of the planet with an orbital bombardment.

Sigh. This is what an idle mind does.  I should point out that the brown planet is not the one where the space cowboy starts at in the trailer; it's the one he goes to.  Still. The brown planet also doesn't seem to match the desert ecology we see in the probe shot. It's... just too dead looking from orbit.
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:01 am

thing is, I remember the first ME4 trailer. There sure was a hell of a lot of shepard in there.

now with the second trailer there are still a hell of a lot of shepard references there.

mmm....
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by Steelcan Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:17 pm

Steelcan
Steelcan
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:44 pm

It's fake. From a fan made site. Not the real Cerberus Daily News.

Priceless though, how so many people are gobbling it up like it makes total sense.

A ring of eezo around a black hole creates a wormhole because reasons. Why would anyone even try such a thing? It's a ridiculous idea, and doesn't even begin to give a (pseudo-)scientific explanation.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:32 am

DoomsdayDevice wrote:A ring of eezo around a black hole creates a wormhole because reasons.

that's even more fucking jumping the shark than our very own scary door.

here's a good one that deserves your scorn. The OP is an idiot.

the indoctrination theory cannot be true...bullshit
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next