Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

+34
windsurfing
TurianRebel212
WeAreHarbinger
Jusseb
ZerebusPrime
Rifneno
dorktainian
triggerwarning
vlad78
CSSteele
Raistlin Majere
DoomsdayDevice
ElSuperGecko
Eryri
Terramine
1864_WORST_YEAR_OF_MY_LIF
Dr_Claymores
aboutthosedays
Maximus
Byne
Norlond
MaximizedAction
magnetite
Cyberfrog
symbowles
Ithurael
clennon8
ericformans_sisterisdead
Dwailing
noobcannon
Master Blaster
jojon2se
Yemeth
Valsamon
38 posters

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 32 Empty Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by windsurfing Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:31 pm

You just know the whole game is a pile of shit when the facial animation quality goes down compared to what we had in ME3, heck even ME1 for that matter. Terrible terrible job at the MoCap. The technology exists since a few years ago either to license or develop one in-house, this is clearly a case of cutting corners (read: budgets). You can imagine where else they have cut corners. No wonder they feel the need to employ SJWs and various other mouth pieces to drip feed and desensitize the fanbase plus potential new players to the franchise.

The shameless copy of Witcher 3 and numerous other combat mechanics from popular titles is not lost on the viewer-ship if they ignore the hype. Probably a very good hint that the story is lacking or just plain toilet class, especially since it was delayed running short on time.

On twitter Bioderp were rabidly soliciting votes to make MEA win some so called Most anticipated game of the year award or something, just how cheap you get eh? Apparently very cheap.

As for the female Ryder... anyone notice the uncanny resemblance to SJW queen Anita Sarkeesian? scratch
windsurfing
windsurfing
Scion

Back to top Go down

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 32 Empty Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by TurianRebel212 Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:34 pm

Oh shit! She does look like that dumb Feminazi
TurianRebel212
TurianRebel212
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by windsurfing Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:36 pm

TurianRebel212 wrote:Oh shit! She does look like that dumb Feminazi

So am not the only one...

TurianRebel212 wrote:
Side note, how many of the characters in this one you think will be homos?  I'm saying at least, AT Least, six. At least.

Errm...all of them? Ya know since Bioware is all about gender representation, LGBT rights, SJWism and all that good stuff... but jokes aside it is a Wifu/Husbandu sim set in space after all, atleast that's what Bioware tells us now.
windsurfing
windsurfing
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by TurianRebel212 Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:38 pm

Naw, you're not the only one, she does look like that dumb Femicunt skank.

I never believe anything Bioware says anymore. I remember this one time they said Mass Effect 3 will be the game in the series and have a great ending to Shepard story....

They were off with that. Just a tad bit.
TurianRebel212
TurianRebel212
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:59 pm

JFC you guys.

I mean, there's some actual fucking problems with that gameplay trailer.

Like how bad the animation is. Enemies not even reacting to a biotic charge. They don't even move in the slightest. It's like hitting a brick wall. Facial animation looks pretty disappointing, and made the female hero look really weird. A scanning device that you're going to have to point at every fucking thing you encounter. (And you thought planet scanning was tedious)

But you want to throw a fit about some character's perceived sexual identity and/or orientation. Okay then.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:20 pm

I'm not seeing a single thing in that trailer that signifies any kind of artistic authenticity, not one original, refreshing, or surprising element.

It's so fucking "oh this is what the greatest number of kids out there will probably recognize from other shit titles" on BioWare's part.
smash016
smash016
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:43 pm

I'll try to make a reply that I spend more than 30 seconds on later. In the meantime, I want to share a thing I found...

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 32 6mSo1Aa

Kill yourself, Bioware.

Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:26 pm

DoomsdayDevice wrote:JFC you guys.

I mean, there's some actual fucking problems with that gameplay trailer.

Like how bad the animation is. Enemies not even reacting to a biotic charge. They don't even move in the slightest. It's like hitting a brick wall. Facial animation looks pretty disappointing, and made the female hero look really weird. A scanning device that you're going to have to point at every fucking thing you encounter. (And you thought planet scanning was tedious)

But you want to throw a fit about some character's perceived sexual identity and/or orientation. Okay then.

Agreed 100%. Bioware's politics doesn't really bother me. In fact the ability to finally have male same-sex relationships was one of the few changes to the formula that I liked about ME3. (Well, the conversation side of it anyway, the actual romance scene with Kaiden itself was as wooden and embarrassing as all their sex scenes, but I digress.)

What does bother me is that Bioware have apparently rolled to the bottom of the uncanny valley, then dug their way down into some subterranean abyss of plastic faced monstrosities. How can this look even worse than their previous efforts? Hiring that guy from Naughty Dog doesn't seem to have fixed their god awful facial animations one iota. And the voice acting... dreadful!
I'm also not thrilled at the prospect of hunting for 100 space elfroot while dodging knock-off yahgs / brutes.
Couple that with the lore-discarding nonsense of the initial premise and you have a game that can stay on the shelves as far as I'm concerned.
Eryri
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:58 pm

I apologize if this has already been posted. I see a gameplay trailer has, but this is not that.

Avina. One of the things I tried hardest to ignore in Mass Effect 1, 2, and 3.
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:12 am

So they're not even attempting to address the drive discharge issue then. Marvellous.
Eryri
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:23 am

TurianRebel212 wrote:Bioware really pushing the all inclusive card. We got a female main protagonist and the bad guy, eeeerr gurl, is a short haired, liberal progressive feminist looking black chick.... I guess FailWare hasn't gotten the memo. The days of snowflakes and SJWs and political correctness are coming to an end. Big Daddy Trump is taking over now. And it's a new day. We don't want your liberal Bullshit agenda in our games anymore.

Side note, how many of the characters in this one you think will be homos?  I'm saying at least, AT Least, six. At least.

>Cheeto-looking fascist alienates own party
>Cheats to win electoral college with thousands of fascist votes being fake in just little areas of Wisconsin, how well Trump does directly correlating to how many computerized ballots the precinct uses, and exit polls being wrong for the first time in American history - so much so that a foreign election would've been called fixed on the exit poll results alone
>STILL gets destroyed in popular vote
>Severely inbred hicks still think this constitutes a mandate

Are you just pretending to be retarded? I can't imagine someone that's actually this stupid is able to form complete sentences.

TurianRebel212 wrote:Naw, you're not the only one, she does look like that dumb Femicunt skank.

As you can see by that pic I posted, a lot of others have noticed it too. A lot of people also thought Amita from Far Cry 4 was as well, but if so Ubisoft at least snuck in a low blow, as Amita turned out to be a child soldier wielding warlord druglord. Which I guess is still too good to be compared to Sarkeesian. That cunt is a literal parasite. A parasite is something that feeds off a host against the host's will and provides nothing in return. An exact description of Sarkeesian's relationship with the gaming industry. Bitch should be crucified, and I don't mean metaphorically.

Eryri wrote:Agreed 100%. Bioware's politics doesn't really bother me. In fact the ability to finally have male same-sex relationships was one of the few changes to the formula that I liked about ME3.

If you think we're pissed because of the inclusion of same sex relationships (except for TurianJethro, obviously) then you have missed the point so epicly that you and the point are no longer in the same dimension. A straight line between you and the point would not fit inside the universe, and the universe is infinite. This site is filled with liberals. And we look at this SJW filth the same way respectable conservatives look at that fascist orange cumbubble. Dragon Age started showing transsexual characters down our throats, as if gender reassignment was even fucking possible in that era, and even more hilariously tried to sell us on the QUNARI of all people being totally good with it. A brainwashing cult that thinks romantic love is grounds for a mindrape is totes cool with this "woman trapped in a man's body" thing despite being so sexist that Sten literally can't comprehend a female warrior. This is the most offensive bullshit since the Orange Menace talked up ordering American soldiers to commit war crimes. Tell you what, when this nonsense comes out and they take a break from the story to talk about how the term "friendzone" is "misogyny" (this actually happens in Borderlands TPS, another notoriously SJW vermin developer), don't come crying to us. Remember, your only problem is some shitty facial animations that could reasonably be polished before release.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:30 am

Eryri wrote:So they're not even attempting to address the drive discharge issue then. Marvellous.

There were several stopping points between the two galaxies. Extragalactic brown dwarfs could have been targeted for drive discharge... maybe. They will either explain it properly or we'll hurl a metaphorical pitchfork. There are bigger plot-fish to fry here.
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:41 am

ZerebusPrime wrote:
Eryri wrote:So they're not even attempting to address the drive discharge issue then. Marvellous.

There were several stopping points between the two galaxies.  Extragalactic brown dwarfs could have been targeted for drive discharge... maybe. They will either explain it properly or we'll hurl a metaphorical pitchfork.  There are bigger plot-fish to fry here.

So they were able to plot out a course that had covenient out of center brown dwarfs every two-three days of travel (yes, that is the typical duration between drive discharges according to the codex) for about 600 years of travel?

Here is the codex entry by the way: "As positive or negative electric current is passed through an FTL drive core, it acquires a static electrical charge. Drives can be operated an average of 50 hours before they reach charge saturation. This changes proportionally to the magnitude of mass reduction; a heavier or faster ship reaches saturation more quickly."

It even specifies a heavier ship needs to disharge more often, not how much more often, but with a ship as big as the arks...yeah.
Raistlin Majere
Raistlin Majere
N7

Back to top Go down

Post by windsurfing Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:02 am

Oh look they have an excuse now because they said so, nothing more than that really:

Bioware wrote:ODSY DRIVE SYSTEM

With the Arks unable to refuel by traditional means in dark space, the journey to Andromeda is only made possible by the ODSY Drive System. The ODSY is a massive experimental drive core specifically designed for this trans-galactic voyage. It is capable of recycling static energy that would typically cause a starship to explode, instead storing it to power the Ark’s primary systems. Meanwhile, an electromagnetic ram-scoop will gather hydrogen from the Ark’s surroundings, converting it into fuel as needed.

So suddenly they have "developed it" between ME2 and ME3, how convenient....must sell game so.

As you can see they don't give two shits about the lore, anyone who points it out they will simply come up with "oh but the races developed this new experimental thing so...."

The problem is not the technology itself, we have KERS and HERS in the real world today in various automotive and performance racing categories for example, the issue is the initial claim as a limitation for the MEU now it's suddenly no longer a big deal because they need to get to Andromeda. Especially given the fact they are not leaving 600 years after ME3.  Meh

Everything that is a big inconvenience to their original lore established technobabel will now be explained away with similar claims in the end polluting the quality of the original setting in a very cheap way.
windsurfing
windsurfing
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:40 am

windsurfing wrote:Oh look they have an excuse now because they said so, nothing more than that really:

With the Arks unable to refuel by traditional means in dark space, the journey to Andromeda is only made possible by the ODSY Drive System. The ODSY is a massive experimental drive core specifically designed for this trans-galactic voyage. It is capable of recycling static energy that would typically cause a starship to explode, instead storing it to power the Ark’s primary systems. Meanwhile, an electromagnetic ram-scoop will gather hydrogen from the Ark’s surroundings, converting it into fuel as needed.

So suddenly they have "developed it" between ME2 and ME3, how convenient....must sell game so.

As you can see they don't give two shits about the lore, anyone who points it out they will simply come up with "oh but the races developed this new experimental thing so...."

The problem is not the technology itself, we have KERS and HERS in the real world today in various automotive and performance racing categories for example, the issue is the initial claim as a limitation for the MEU now it's suddenly no longer a big deal because they need to get to Andromeda. Especially given the fact they are not leaving 600 years after ME3.  Meh

Everything that is a big inconvenience to their original lore established technobabel will now be explained away with similar claims in the end polluting the quality of the original setting in a very cheap way.

I am sure no one in the Milky Way would have loved to get their hands on that technology. The Quarians alone would probably sell half their fleet for the chance to not have to discharge all the freaking time.

And such a breakthrough was just as unnoticed as the ark ships preparing to leave. I mean it is only the solution to a few thousand year old problem in space travel for this cycle, no big deal.

For fuck sakes Bioware...

Edit: To add a bit more to that, I am sure the explanation will be that the drive core is still "experimental." If there were any actual flaws with this new miracle drive core they would not count on it to last for a 600 years journey with no organic supervision...
Raistlin Majere
Raistlin Majere
N7

Back to top Go down

Post by jojon2se Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:51 pm

Well, somebody salvaged the wreck/carcass of Sovereign. The turians apparently got a finger and managed to replicate its fiery squirt gun, and Doc Bryson in the Leviathan DLC had one little piece to stare at all day, but who got (...and hoarded) what remained of the drives?

jojon2se
Nemesis

Back to top Go down

Post by magnetite Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:03 pm

Something I found while Googling electromagnetic ram scoop.
magnetite
magnetite
Brute

Back to top Go down

Post by jojon2se Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:27 pm

Heh, incidently; In one of Larry Niven's books, a bussard ramjet is used as a weapon of terror: "Give us what we want, or we switch on the scoop field, and fry your entire planet. :P

jojon2se
Nemesis

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:03 pm

Obviously the ODSY drives don't pass the smell test unless 1. you have a backer demanding that they are rushed into service specifically for this ark project and 2. they are far, far too expensive, finicky, or demanding of rare unobtainium for anyone outside of the ark project to realistically utilize.

It's not hard to create scenarios that satisfy the first condition. The second condition, however, is most probably going to require a suspension of disbelief. A game can only get away with so many of those, as we all know, but the important point I would make is that it CAN get away with them so long as they are few in number and magnitude.
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:36 pm

jojon2se wrote:Well, somebody salvaged the wreck/carcass of Sovereign. The turians apparently got a finger and managed to replicate its fiery squirt gun, and Doc Bryson in the Leviathan DLC had one little piece to stare at all day, but who got (...and hoarded) what remained of the drives?

Assuming it survived the battle.  Sovereign didn't just fall over dead, he blew the fuck up.  And as we saw in Arrival, an eezo core will detonate if you do a lot of damage to it.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by CSSteele Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:36 am

Crippled Reaper in the brown Dwarf. This looks to be tying back into Cerberus.. again.
CSSteele
CSSteele
Nemesis

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:54 am

CSSteele wrote:Crippled Reaper in the brown Dwarf. This looks to be tying back into Cerberus.. again.
You mean the one we KNOW doesn't have its drive core because we literally destroyed it before the entire ship was crushed by the planet's massive gravity?  That one?  I'd say that's ridiculous, but ridiculous is kind of the very premise of this plane crash of a game.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by CSSteele Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:38 am

I'm not saying they took the core out of it, but Cerberus was studying the Reaper before they went bonkers and before it exploded, there's no reason all of the data from it wasn't saved, that's all I'm saying. Don't the Arks leave before ME2 starts officially anyway?
CSSteele
CSSteele
Nemesis

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:34 am

CSSteele wrote:I'm not saying they took the core out of it, but Cerberus was studying the Reaper before they went bonkers and before it exploded, there's no reason all of the data from it wasn't saved, that's all I'm saying. Don't the Arks leave before ME2 starts officially anyway?
They sent a science team, and then very quickly lost contact with them.  Because they were indoctrinated and then huskified.  Because that's what happens when you fuck around with a living-but-paralyzed Reaper.  The only time anyone has gotten some real reverse engineering off a Reaper was Sovereign, and that's because he was truly dead and not simply disabled.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Blaster Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:37 am

windsurfing wrote:Oh look they have an excuse now because they said so, nothing more than that really:

Let me have Mr.TFS Veg do my reaction to this news.....

Master Blaster
Master Blaster
Geth Prime

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next