Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

+34
windsurfing
TurianRebel212
WeAreHarbinger
Jusseb
ZerebusPrime
Rifneno
dorktainian
triggerwarning
vlad78
CSSteele
Raistlin Majere
DoomsdayDevice
ElSuperGecko
Eryri
Terramine
1864_WORST_YEAR_OF_MY_LIF
Dr_Claymores
aboutthosedays
Maximus
Byne
Norlond
MaximizedAction
magnetite
Cyberfrog
symbowles
Ithurael
clennon8
ericformans_sisterisdead
Dwailing
noobcannon
Master Blaster
jojon2se
Yemeth
Valsamon
38 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 31 Empty Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by DoomsdayDevice Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:12 pm

vlad78 wrote:
CSSteele wrote:
DoomsdayDevice wrote:
vlad78 wrote:You cannot answer properly the biggest question concerning Cerberus real allegience, why would the reapers fear an indoctrinated TIM having the control option? If TIM is controlled by the reapers, he can't control them. Period. The starchild said it and it makes sense. It's perhaps the only thing he said which made sense.

I'm really not sure what you're trying to say here. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me you're saying TIM wasn't controlled by the Reapers but by Leviathan. And somehow you seem to think the Reaper AI made perfect sense when he talked about TIM, even though he actually said TIM couldn't control the Reapers, because they already controlled him. Which is the opposite of what you're claiming.

I don't follow.

I think what he's trying to say is that Starbrat was correct that IF the Reapers were Controlling TIM, then of course he couldn't control them, however, they attacked Sanctuary and were 'afraid' of TIM because he was being controlled by Leviathan and he could, in fact, control them if he had made it to the chamber. Vlad can correct me if I misunderstood of course.

Indeed, sorry for not being clear enough.
I'm still having difficulties. The Reaper AI doesn't say TIM couldn't control them if the Reapers were controlling him. He flat out states they already controlled him. It makes no sense to me at all.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 31 Empty Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by triggerwarning Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:20 pm

Checks out Doomsday. He could be lying though I guess

triggerwarning
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:10 pm

Not reading everything, but I want to add that we've seen TIM's indoctrination. In the Evolution comic. He was definitely indoctrinated by Reaper tech.

- The artifact had Reaper-ish architecture. That very curvy, swirly stuff that AI tend to prefer.

- More importantly, it behaved exactly like the control option in ME3. When touched, it sent massive electrical arcs across the room while it converted the unfortunate bastard. Their skin was turned ashen gray with occasional holes or rips where you could see wires and shit underneath. The strong similarity between the artifact on Shanxi converting Ben Hislop and the control option altering Shepard is one of the stronger pieces of IT evidence.

- Like Reaper artifacts, the artifact on Shanxi was indestructible and was eventually buried by an explosion. Leviathan thralling orbs are, as you know, easily broken.

- After indoctrination by the artifact, Harper hears voices with the usual Reaper trash talk. "Your time is over, we are your destiny, ect. ect."

- TIM has the same eye alteration as indoctrinated Shepard. They were almost certainly indoctrinated by the same faction. Pretty much everything points to the Reapers in both their cases, and the eye thing just reinforces that.

The only thing that indicates it might not have been the Reapers is that Reaper indoctrination should've left him a gibbering mess after all that time. However it's certainly possible there's flaws in our very limited research of indoctrination. Most of which is from Saren's research into the topic. If I were Sovereign, I'd definitely be manipulating the results to keep things I didn't want Saren to know out of his research.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by CSSteele Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:52 am

I haven't read any of the comics or any other extra-bits from the Mass Effect universe with the exception of the 3 'real' novels, that last one of course doesn't count. It was so bad that was the only time the entire BSN came together in harmony to give a collective WTF!? .. anyway, that all said, I didn't read the comics, nor did I watch the Anime thingy about our new resident meat head squad mate in ME3. Sorry, but his name is eluding me at the moment.

So, all I have to draw from are the games and the novels. While it never gives us a PoV into TIM in the same way it gave PoV's into Grayson as the experiments on his indoctrination progressed. Also, TIM seemed way more competent in the books than he did during the main story-line of ME2, and if you remove Reaper influence from his behavior in that whole mess you create a huge plot hole around why he was so bipolar and why he set Shepard up for failure so many times, only to help out afterwards. I don't know, the whole thing just ... breaks my brain at times.
CSSteele
CSSteele
Nemesis

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:20 pm

surely tho if harbinger was a leviathan it would be using leviathans methods still?
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:27 pm

Ugh. The introduction of the Leviathans was the low point of that DLC...

A rogue Reaper would've been better on many, many levels.
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by CSSteele Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:44 am

Well, Rif still postulates that it was a Reaper mind-fuck, not another species. There was absolutely Zero clarification from any of the DLC's, just more questions and concerns. Another reason why running to Andromeda is annoying, there are SO MANY more stories to be told in the Milky Way building off the trilogy that this is by far the dumbest move they could make.

Arrgggh, sorry. Just venting.
CSSteele
CSSteele
Nemesis

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:31 am

there is only one reason bioderp are sending us to andromeda. everyone knows it.
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:19 am

dorktainian wrote:there is only one reason bioderp are sending us to andromeda.  everyone knows it.

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 31 WSmpayC
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Jusseb Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:14 pm

They stated that time that more games would take the Inquisition route. I'm betting this one is.
Jusseb
Jusseb
Geth Pyro

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:27 pm

Jusseb wrote:They stated that time that more games would take the Inquisition route. I'm betting this one is.

What role is that? Filler coated filler with filler stuffing and a side of filler?
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:59 pm

ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Jusseb Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:21 pm

Rifneno wrote:
Jusseb wrote:They stated that time that more games would take the Inquisition route. I'm betting this one is.

What role is that?  Filler coated filler with filler stuffing and a side of filler?

Inquisition in space ftw

Jusseb
Jusseb
Geth Pyro

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:24 pm

Jusseb wrote:
Rifneno wrote:

What role is that?  Filler coated filler with filler stuffing and a side of filler?

Inquisition in space ftl

Fixed.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:19 am

I don't really much care if Andromeda starts with a clean slate as long as the artistic quality standards are as high as for the previous games. Nothing will ever change the value of those games and no new game will retrospectively take away their marvellous ambiguity which gave way to IT and all its wonderful derivatives. In my book. Headcanon forever.

Alas... this PeeBee asari disturbs me. "PeeBee"... really? A comic relief asari? And coming across very masculine at that? Asari are one of the great lore blessings of the Mass Effect universe, memorable from the start. Very feminine, mystical, elegant, provocative... The worst choice for a comic relief character.

Unlike Dragon Age and many earlier games, Mass Effect did a convincing job of portraying women as actual women... Yeah I know masculine asari are permitted by lore. But comic relief characters are shit anyway. The whole thing just reeks of generic sci-if, not Mass Effect...
smash016
smash016
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:51 pm

My biggest problem with Andromeda is that it's a fucking cop-out. Everything about it feels wrong.

Although to be honest I was going to hate anything they'd do unless they did a direct sequel to ME3.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:55 am

Feels a bit not like Mass Effect at this point, eh DD?

"I need a good video game with a mature science fiction story, not a dating sim that has to fly to another galaxy to avoid its plot responsibilities," is what I'm telling myself lately.

Except I still know very little about the plot of ME:A.

I do know that Mac Walters' interview has given me no new cause to hope.
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Jusseb Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:45 am

Rifneno wrote:
Jusseb wrote:
Rifneno wrote:

Inquisition in space ftl

Fixed.

Yeah, my bad.
Jusseb
Jusseb
Geth Pyro

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:38 pm

smash016 wrote:Asari are one of the great lore blessings of the Mass Effect universe, memorable from the start. Very feminine, mystical, elegant, provocative... The worst choice for a comic relief character.

Have to disagree about the asari in general. I never cared for the species. They're a tribute to the old sci-fi cliché of aliens just lazily being women painted a weird color. I don't think that cliché should get any attention, except maybe mockery.

Many of the asari characters were interesting on a personal level, but the species itself? Ick.

DoomsdayDevice wrote:My biggest problem with Andromeda is that it's a fucking cop-out. Everything about it feels wrong.

Although to be honest I was going to hate anything they'd do unless they did a direct sequel to ME3.

A-fucking-men. :(
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by TurianRebel212 Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:01 am

1864_WORST_YEAR_OF_MY_LIF wrote:Didn't know the Alex Jones show had its own forum???

Aaaaaahhh!!!! Aaaaah!!We're not gonna take it anymore!!! We're coming for you Andromeda! Coming for ya!
TurianRebel212
TurianRebel212
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Jusseb Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:26 pm

Gameplay footage released

Why do al these 'humans' have those puffy heads? Or am I the only one seeing this?
Jusseb
Jusseb
Geth Pyro

Back to top Go down

Post by TurianRebel212 Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:48 pm

Jusseb wrote:Gameplay footage released

Why do al these 'humans' have those puffy heads? Or am I the only one seeing this?

Frostbite gonna Frostbite.
TurianRebel212
TurianRebel212
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAreHarbinger Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:16 pm

So it's a visually pleasing Dragon Age Inquisition + Mass Effect + Generic open world RPG, type game. It just doesn't pull me in, i still keep seeing DA: I but with aliens. I dunno maybe it's because i detest the idea of fucking off to Andromeda to get around the ending resources.

When i first saw Turian & Krogan walking out that felt like Mass Effect, then it just lost it...

Also i didn't know the British version of Citra from Farcry was in this...
WeAreHarbinger
WeAreHarbinger
Blood Pack Boom-Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by TurianRebel212 Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:22 pm

Bioware really pushing the all inclusive card. We got a female main protagonist and the bad guy, eeeerr gurl, is a short haired, liberal progressive feminist looking black chick.... I guess FailWare hasn't gotten the memo. The days of snowflakes and SJWs and political correctness are coming to an end. Big Daddy Trump is taking over now. And it's a new day. We don't want your liberal Bullshit agenda in our games anymore.

Side note, how many of the characters in this one you think will be homos?  I'm saying at least, AT Least, six. At least.
TurianRebel212
TurianRebel212
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next