Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Compilation of Unanswered questions

+23
skillz1986
Terramine
pasza89
Rankincountry
DSharrah
Charlie Sheen
DoomsdayDevice
Andromidius
Maffers
AxStapleton
SZKSYPCZE
hukbum
symbowles
Jusseb
TJBartlemus
demersel
MikeyTurvey
Lombus
Raistlin Majere
WeAreHarbinger
dorktainian
Eryri
Ghost Of Kesak11
27 posters

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Compilation of Unanswered questions - Page 6 Empty Re: Compilation of Unanswered questions

Post by Andromidius Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:20 pm

Location of the Breath Scene is the only question that really 'needs' to be answered.

If the answer is London, IT is true and most other questions are answered via that.

If the answer is the Citadel, Bioware screwed up bigtime and none of the other questions even matter.

Assuming they are honest, of course.
Andromidius
Andromidius
Admin

https://indoctrinationtheory.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Compilation of Unanswered questions - Page 6 Empty Re: Compilation of Unanswered questions

Post by Ghost Of Kesak11 Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:50 pm

The post has been updated again. Decided to do some more editing tonight. Also update the thanks to list with a few names.
Ghost Of Kesak11
Ghost Of Kesak11
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:36 pm

Whoa, I'm gone for a day and you guys are getting all busy and stuff.

Neato.

Um, I have no idea if this has already been listed, but the question that is on my mind is:

What story exactly is Bioware referring to in Stargazer's line about "One more story..." (about the Shepard)?

Maybe I phrased this terribly. Feel free to improve on it.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Andromidius Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:42 pm

"Stargazer at the end asks about 'The Shepard', and is told there's 'One more story'. Will this story ever be told?"

Phrased that way it basically is asking if there will be another story with Shepard. Because that's certainly the implication in the conversation.
Andromidius
Andromidius
Admin

https://indoctrinationtheory.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:50 pm

If there is a future reveal, either in ME3 or an expansion or 'ME4' etc, it would be interesting to compare what is revealed, to what questions we asked here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Sheen Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:27 am

Why didn't the Prothean VI on Ilos mention the Crucible?
Charlie Sheen
Charlie Sheen
STG

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:37 am

Not sure where exactly you would put this...but I still want to know what Gamble meant with his first tweet after launch..."Hardest. Day. Ever. If you knew what we were planning you would keep your saves forever." (may be paraphrased a little)...it was those words that gave me much of my hope over the past year, and I still don't feel like there has been that moment with any of the DLC. And if there was supposed to be that moment with one of the DLC's...I would like to know what it was? And why it was supposed to have that affect on the fanbase?
DSharrah
DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by SZKSYPCZE Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:34 am

DSharrah wrote:Not sure where exactly you would put this...but I still want to know what Gamble meant with his first tweet after launch..."Hardest. Day. Ever. If you knew what we were planning you would keep your saves forever." (may be paraphrased a little)...it was those words that gave me much of my hope over the past year, and I still don't feel like there has been that moment with any of the DLC. And if there was supposed to be that moment with one of the DLC's...I would like to know what it was? And why it was supposed to have that affect on the fanbase?

That's it!!! I'll answer that one!!! They said "...what we are planning...". The "planning" word is the key here. They never said they "did" or "made" anything. They were just "planning" and that is fracking far from doing. And it all ended on planning.
SZKSYPCZE
SZKSYPCZE
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:09 am

why did mass effect 3's story finish 3/4 of the way through the book?

dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:19 am

The defining characteristic of a chemical catalyst, is that it facilitates a change or reaction, but either remains unchanged, or always returns to it's original state. If the Catalyst can be "changed" by the Crucible, then why did Bioware give it that particular name?

And to repeat a question from earlier that I phrased badly:

Why does the Catalyst have the ability to switch off the Crucible beam, after Shepard refuses to use it? Why didn't it switch it off earlier?
Eryri
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by Jusseb Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:40 am

Yeah some great questions here, shows how many there are left unanswered.

Before we post it to BSN we should make a list with the questions that matter to us the most, questions that reflect to the story and Shepards fate.

Questions that have to do with galactic math and science should be left out, it's still a video game you know. They can't really think of everything.
Jusseb
Jusseb
Geth Pyro

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:58 am

@Jusseb - You're right, I think. We should concentrate on questions concerning the story's internal logic, they're the most important.

Perhaps we should relegate the really nerdy nit-picking stuff (like my relay explosion light delay question) to some sort of appendix, if we include them at all. Those things can probably be explained by artistic license, and they dilute the impact of the really good questions - like why can't the Catalyst control its own home?
Eryri
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAreHarbinger Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:27 am

DoomsdayDevice wrote:Whoa, I'm gone for a day and you guys are getting all busy and stuff.

Neato.

Um, I have no idea if this has already been listed, but the question that is on my mind is:

What story exactly is Bioware referring to in Stargazer's line about "One more story..." (about the Shepard)?

Maybe I phrased this terribly. Feel free to improve on it.

To imply "One more story" i thought to have meant exactly that. One more story with Shepard and gang.
Maybe not a game but like an expansion of ME 3 to close it off on a high note ready for a new story/character.

I can't help but feel if they had done this (the expansion) how ready i would of been for ME:next. If they meant the DLC then i'm unimpressed. I like the DLC but that was the same story with bits added.
WeAreHarbinger
WeAreHarbinger
Blood Pack Boom-Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:30 am

Not sure if this counts as too nit-picky, what do you think?

Why do the relays not explode with the same force that the Alpha relay did, during the events of Arrival? If the reason is because they transmit most of their energy on to the next relay in the chain, then what happens at the ends of those chains? Do the far relays (such as the one close to Rannoch) explode with all the combined energy of all the preceding relays?

Last edited by Eryri on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Eryri
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:50 am

Why are there billboard posters of Kai Leng, the Shadowbroker and Jack visible during the Citadel dlc?
Eryri
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAreHarbinger Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:51 am

The only answer i can come up with is simply because the ME 3 endings didn't have asteroids thrown at the relays and it was just a transfer of power.

Similar to overloading a system, maybe they have a failsafe that the alpha relay couldn't kick in due to the sheer size of the asteroid at such a fast speed.

That's the best i can personally come up with. Good question though.
WeAreHarbinger
WeAreHarbinger
Blood Pack Boom-Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:30 am

WeAreHarbinger wrote:The only answer i can come up with is simply because the ME 3 endings didn't have asteroids thrown at the relays and it was just a transfer of power.

Similar to overloading a system, maybe they have a failsafe that the alpha relay couldn't kick in due to the sheer size of the asteroid at such a fast speed.

That's the best i can personally come up with. Good question though.

if you transfer the power of the Crudible through all the relays you accomplish..

1. The relays are effectively 'shut down'. Now lets look at this for a moment. What would that accomplish FOR US? well.. we'd be easy pickings for when the bulk of the reaper forces show up.

and........we lose. Good job Bioware. Universal Armageddon comes in three flavors / colours.

2. Where does all that energy 'end up'? which is the final 'relay'? what happens to that relay?
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:43 am

@Dork - Well the energy seems to branch out during that cutscene, so presumably there would be several points at "the end of the line" where lots of energy would pile up with nowhere to go. Some of those points might even be within the bulk of the galaxy rather than the edge, as there seem to be lots of little "branch lines" (to use a railway analogy).

Actually that raises another nitpick. I assumed that a relay had to be physically pointing to another relay along its length, to zap a ship there. To send a ship to another, different relay within range, the whole thing would have to spin around to point at it, when commanded to do so by an approaching ship. How are some of the relays able to send off two beams in different directions at once?
Eryri
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by Rankincountry Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:40 pm

This one might have been brought up before - apologies if I'm repeating someone else's idea, but:

1. What is the objective of the Cerberus coup attempt on the Citadel? It takes place well before we learn about the Catalyst from the Prothean VI.

2. What does Udina hope to gain by helping Cerberus, when he already has Shepard doing everything possible to secure allies for humanity? Aren't Udina's actions totally counter-productive to Shepard's efforts?

Rankincountry
Rankincountry
Nemesis

Location : Sunny Valley Rest Home for Burnt-Out Gamers, Karpyshyn Ward

http://www.flickr.com/photos/adrianprice74

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:29 pm

Rankincountry wrote:This one might have been brought up before - apologies if I'm repeating someone else's idea, but:

1. What is the objective of the Cerberus coup attempt on the Citadel? It takes place well before we learn about the Catalyst from the Prothean VI.

2. What does Udina hope to gain by helping Cerberus, when he already has Shepard doing everything possible to secure allies for humanity? Aren't Udina's actions totally counter-productive to Shepard's efforts?

1. I think it is a sign that TIM knows more than he lets on...or at the very least he suspects that the Citadel is important. Also if for no othe reason it would give Cerberus control over the relay network - something that I would see as desirable to TIM regardless of Reaper influence or not.

2. I think Udina's "cooperation" is more out of desperation than anything else. Of course he knows that Shep is doing everything possible to find a solution - but when you are desperate and some one makes an offer that is "too good to be true" you are often blinded by your desperation.
DSharrah
DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Of Kesak11 Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:06 pm

Well time to start editing.
Ghost Of Kesak11
Ghost Of Kesak11
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Of Kesak11 Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:12 pm

Eryri wrote:@Jusseb - You're right, I think. We should concentrate on questions concerning the story's internal logic, they're the most important.

Perhaps we should relegate the really nerdy nit-picking stuff (like my relay explosion light delay question) to some sort of appendix, if we include them at all. Those things can probably be explained by artistic license, and they dilute the impact of the really good questions - like why can't the Catalyst control its own home?
After some thinking about this it does sound like a good idea. Consider it done.

I have also delayed posting this on bsn for one day to account for the simplified list.
Ghost Of Kesak11
Ghost Of Kesak11
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:10 am

SZKSYPCZE wrote:
DSharrah wrote:Not sure where exactly you would put this...but I still want to know what Gamble meant with his first tweet after launch..."Hardest. Day. Ever. If you knew what we were planning you would keep your saves forever." (may be paraphrased a little)...it was those words that gave me much of my hope over the past year, and I still don't feel like there has been that moment with any of the DLC. And if there was supposed to be that moment with one of the DLC's...I would like to know what it was? And why it was supposed to have that affect on the fanbase?

That's it!!! I'll answer that one!!! They said "...what we are planning...". The "planning" word is the key here. They never said they "did" or "made" anything. They were just "planning" and that is fracking far from doing. And it all ended on planning.

You may be right...but I hope that you are not, that would be a shame.
DSharrah
DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by pasza89 Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:21 am

Why is there voice of FemShep and MaleShep echoed when the Catalyst talks?

How does Shepard know what to do in each of choices (touch electric stuff in control, jump into the beam, shoot the tube)?

In synthesis, it needs Shepard's "essence" - if it's DNA, why can't Shepard throw one hair into the beam? Or if that's not enough, a finger? What is the "essence"?

How does changing everyone into synthetic-organic hybrid solve anything at all, because none of the problems originate from anatomical difference?

Why does Catalyst say that synthesis cannot be forced and lets Shepard force it on the entire galaxy?

The Crucible has to "emit" the explosion from every relay, so it has limited range. What if there's a colony made by people who travelled for a long time and they are out of range of the explosion? Or there's a Reaper somewhere outside of the range? That would render the choice entirely pointless.
pasza89
pasza89
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:09 am

Further to the question of why couldn't the Catalyst open the Citadel relay itself; why was it necessary to leave Sovereign behind as the vanguard at all? Why can't the Catalyst itself act as the cycles' observer, and summon the Reapers at the appropriate time?
Eryri
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next