Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Fallout Thread Favorite Moments, Videos, and Hopes for Fallout 4

+13
Norlond
DaniSaur
ElSuperGecko
Dwailing
MaximizedAction
CoolioThane
umadcommander
lex0r
Terramine
RavenEyry
Humakt
Hrothdane
BRAVO543211
17 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The Fallout Thread Favorite Moments, Videos, and Hopes for Fallout 4 - Page 5 Empty Re: The Fallout Thread Favorite Moments, Videos, and Hopes for Fallout 4

Post by Rifneno Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:30 pm

I'll never understand the appeal of RPing an evil character.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

The Fallout Thread Favorite Moments, Videos, and Hopes for Fallout 4 - Page 5 Empty Re: The Fallout Thread Favorite Moments, Videos, and Hopes for Fallout 4

Post by umadcommander Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:19 pm

your/your characters line of thought is.....questionable to say the least Ancient Alien Astron 
umadcommander
umadcommander
Rachni Brood Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by BRAVO543211 Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:54 pm

I do not want to meet Max in a dark alley in real life.
BRAVO543211
BRAVO543211
Varren

Location : The horrble irradiated remains of Boston, on a quest to locate the Scourge of the Wastes, DCHoaxer

Back to top Go down

Post by BRAVO543211 Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:56 pm

Max, your "duty" will end the day my Courier/Lone Wanderer meets yours and a epic battle to the death will ensue that will decide the fate of humanity, to become a powerful empire based of tyranny and power, or a rebuilt humanity built on the ideas of morality, law and working for a common good, without killing everyone or crucifying anyone.
BRAVO543211
BRAVO543211
Varren

Location : The horrble irradiated remains of Boston, on a quest to locate the Scourge of the Wastes, DCHoaxer

Back to top Go down

Post by Maximus Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:23 pm

Rifneno wrote:I'll never understand the appeal of RPing an evil character.
Well...it's fun, kinda...
I played good guy, savior, messiah, ultimate hero etc like over 100 times already!

I wanted to experience the "dark side", the evil that dwells within human nature!
I can already tell...it's good to be bad! ;>
I will walk this path in Fallouts to the bitter end, and only in Fallouts!
It feels great to have such power, control over reality, world around you...
But it's not right, this path leads to nowhere and in the end you will be left with nothing!
So yeah, I'm RPing as villain coz it's very interesting experience, you should try it too, at least once! ;>
It only hurts you at the beginning, gets easier as time passes, rly!

And yes, umad, my character's line of thought is highly questionable! Ancient Alien Astron
But hey, every decent villain needs one ideology, so I invented this one, doesn't have to make sense, as long as it provides some kind of justification for all my dark deeds...
Villains, man, Villains! ;>

I wonder if we could apply this to the Reapers....
Maximus
Maximus
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by Maximus Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:24 pm

BRAVO543211 wrote:I do not want to meet Max in a dark alley in real life.
Chill, it's only RP, Imma kind god IRL! ;>
Maximus
Maximus
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by Maximus Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:34 pm

Rofl, found this second ago! ;>

The Fallout Thread Favorite Moments, Videos, and Hopes for Fallout 4 - Page 5 Adn8ze10
Maximus
Maximus
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by Maximus Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:44 pm

UPDATE!!!

Brace Yourselves, Wastelanders!
13 days left!
Maximus
Maximus
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by lex0r Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:12 am

The Fallout Thread Favorite Moments, Videos, and Hopes for Fallout 4 - Page 5 7059725_700b
lex0r
lex0r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:06 pm

Tried playing Fallout 3 again. Man, fuck that game. The game takes forever to load a save, and I can rarely play for even 20 minutes without a crash. Either one of those problems I can deal with, but together it's unplayable. When it takes 10 minutes (I timed it, no exaggeration) to load a save and then it crashes after 5 or 10 minutes of play and you have to do it all over again... Ugh. I've tried every crash solution I can find, nothing helps.

And no, I'm not asking for help. I'm just venting because it pisses me off I can't play the damn game.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:03 pm

You've probably tried this too, then. I'll post it anyway because my friend was having the same problem, but this totally fixed it for her.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1328904
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Maximus Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:32 pm

Rifneno wrote:Tried playing Fallout 3 again.  Man, fuck that game.  The game takes forever to load a save, and I can rarely play for even 20 minutes without a crash.  Either one of those problems I can deal with, but together it's unplayable.  When it takes 10 minutes (I timed it, no exaggeration) to load a save and then it crashes after 5 or 10 minutes of play and you have to do it all over again...  Ugh.  I've tried every crash solution I can find, nothing helps.

And no, I'm not asking for help.  I'm just venting because it pisses me off I can't play the damn game.
I'm sorry for ya, pal!
Dunno how to fix it, I never encountered these problems...

I'm gonna re-play Fallout 3 and NV soon too!
Maybe I won't try to annihilate everything on my path this time...
Yes, this time shall be different!
Mwahahahaha!

Another Update!!!
Looks like Nuclear Winter is comin' sooner than we were lead to believe....
kewl...
Maximus
Maximus
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:28 pm

Thanks, but it was the first thing I tried. =/ I don't know why they didn't fix this "takes forever to load" bug. The crashes would be bearable if not for that. I crash a lot in New Vegas too. It's annoying, but it's not a gamebreaker or anything like it is with 3.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:36 pm

Maybe you have too many savegames? On my first playthrough, at some point I had a zillion savegames... a few hundred. Took ages to load. Then I deleted like 80% of them, and it really helped.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Maximus Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:05 pm

DoomsdayDevice wrote:Maybe you have too many savegames? On my first playthrough, at some point I had a zillion savegames... a few hundred. Took ages to load. Then I deleted like 80% of them, and it really helped.
I always have only 5 saves and I overwrite them after each save...
It workz and doesn't slow down teh game!
Maximus
Maximus
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:11 pm

DoomsdayDevice wrote:Maybe you have too many savegames? On my first playthrough, at some point I had a zillion savegames... a few hundred. Took ages to load. Then I deleted like 80% of them, and it really helped.
No, it's the size of the save game.  If I start a new character, it loads almost instantly.  But the more I play on the same character, the longer the load time gets.  Disproportionately so.  After 60 or so hours of play, we're upto 7 minutes of load time.  I don't think I've ever had a max level character because of it.

Welcome back, BTW.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:57 pm

Rifneno wrote:
No, it's the size of the save game.  If I start a new character, it loads almost instantly.  But the more I play on the same character, the longer the load time gets.  Disproportionately so.  After 60 or so hours of play, we're upto 7 minutes of load time.  I don't think I've ever had a max level character because of it.

Welcome back, BTW.
lol thanks. Believe it or not, but I actually started missing you guys.

That's crazy though, man. My current New Vegas playthrough has over 200 hours of gameplay, DLC and all. My character is level 50. Yeah, it takes a while to load, but not more than 20-30 seconds. I'm on 360 though (regrettably so), so yeah. Maybe it does make a difference.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Maximus Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:10 am

DoomsdayDevice wrote:
Rifneno wrote:

Welcome back, BTW.

That's crazy though, man. My current New Vegas playthrough has over 200 hours of gameplay, DLC and all. My character is level 50. Yeah, it takes a while to load, but not more than 20-30 seconds. I'm on 360 though (regrettably so), so yeah. Maybe it does make a difference.
Over 200 hours, eh?
Lemme know when you reach 400+! ;>
Maximus
Maximus
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:07 am

Actually I'm at 322 hours. Just checked. Doing Old World Blues now. Still got Lonesome Road and most of the stuff on the Strip to do. Haven't even met Mr. House yet. Or Ceasar, for that matter. I iced Vulpes Inculta though. That motherfucker.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:53 pm

DoomsdayDevice wrote:
Rifneno wrote:

Welcome back, BTW.

I know what you mean. I left for a while at one point, came back after a month because I missed the gang.
Yeah, New Vegas loads fine for me. It's only FO3 that takes 10 forevers to load. So apparently they found whatever the issue was, but just didn't care enough to fix it for the old game. Thanks, Bethesda.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:13 pm

I can't speak for other people but I have a lust for power, and I get a sick enjoyment out of seeing others suffer. I'm messed in the head. I would be evil in real life if I didn't have a shitload of empathy at the same time. As well logic, cause I know the suffering of others is bad. I can't help how messed up I am on the inside, I can only choose to not act on it.

Games let me at least stimulate that side of me without hurting real people. Though it's hard as hell for me to do it with Shepard, since I'm attached to them so my empathy kicks in. As opposed to my PC in fallout, who is not only pixels but also a bank canvas.

Though even then my main playthrough is always basically the goody two shoes. Because despite how twisted I am inside, I'm the nicest person you'll meet. Almost the exact opposite of you rif, at least when people get to know me.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:20 pm

Rifneno wrote:Yeah, New Vegas loads fine for me.  It's only FO3 that takes 10 forevers to load.  So apparently they found whatever the issue was, but just didn't care enough to fix it for the old game.  Thanks, Bethesda.
My Fallout 3 save has over 400 hours in it. It does take a while to load, but nothing as bad as you describe. Does everyone experience this problem (on PC)?

As far as New Vegas goes, it has some seriously fucked up bugs. I ran into the one where suddenly all your faction reputations are completely reset. I only noticed it 50 hours of gameplay after it happened because I had done two DLCs in the mean time, and there's just no way I'm going to do that all over again. It really sucks though, because I have finished the far majority of quests that influence your reputation with factions. I hope this won't affect my end game too much. (Yeah, this is actually my first playthrough of New Vegas, I'm catching up...)

Last edited by DoomsdayDevice on Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:57 am; edited 1 time in total
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Maximus Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:03 pm

IronicParticle wrote:
I can't speak for other people but I have a lust for power, and I get a sick enjoyment out of seeing others suffer. I'm messed in the head. I would be evil in real life if I didn't have a shitload of empathy at the same time. As well logic, cause I know the suffering of others is bad. I can't help how messed up I am on the inside, I can only choose to not act on it.

Games let me at least stimulate that side of me without hurting real people. Though it's hard as hell for me to do it with Shepard, since I'm attached to them so my empathy kicks in. As opposed to my PC in fallout, who is not only pixels but also a bank canvas.

Though even then my main playthrough is always basically the goody two shoes. Because despite how twisted I am inside, I'm the nicest person you'll meet. Almost the exact opposite of you rif, at least when people get to know me.
Interesting IP, I'd say we have something in common...
Lust for power, because it allows you to fight and defeat your enemies!
Maybe I behave like a sociopath, psychopath and cold-blooded murderer in Fallouts, exterminating EVERYTHING on my path....
But it's not me, coz I'm doing it for the sake of gameplay experience!
It feels great to be the one with power, to shape the world with your actions and create your own reality, yes...
When it comes to the real life though...well..
I hate when people suffer, I hate meaningless death, but I also believe that weak ppl simply deserve their fate..
There are always weak and strong, prey and hunter and I prefer to be the second one...
Either that, or death - there is no choice for me in that matter...

However, I just couldn't stand in place and watch when - let's say - innocent people die!
If I can, If It's within my power and I know that I may succeed - then I must help...
I'd just torture myself in my mind if I'd just...walk away...doing nothing...

When it comes down to a fight, it's either them or me so no Mercy here, plus I hate injustice!
Especially that kind of injustice, when strong prey on the weak just for the hell of it, simple, twisted pleasure...
I hate it to the degree that I'm goin' full-mad-fury-loco-crazy and I have the need of tearing something apart like an animal...
In order to preserve life, there are times when one must cast aside it's human nature and fight...like a Krogan! ;>
I hate when people suffer, but there are monsters in our world, that only look human. It's just a disguise...
You can kill monsters...

I'd probably kill your character in Fallout, IP! ;>
So good that we live in that comfy, safe world of ours, and nobody has the opportunity to show his true nature without going to jail or getting death sentence or stuff like that, eh?
Law rocks, yaaaay! >,>

I'm probably as kind as you are IRL, IP
I hate conflicts, I fought only a few times in my life, always in self-defense!
And I don't intend to hurt anybody, unless they are a threat to me or my family and friends...

"Might controls everything - and without strength, you cannot protect anything; let alone yourself."
Maximus
Maximus
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by BRAVO543211 Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:13 pm

I have a Fallout 3 character with about 6 saves for it, and each has about 500 hours on them, and it works fine for me. Only 1-3 minute loading times for fast travel and entering large building areas. Maybe it's because I have the game installed, without being installed it takes 5+ minutes for areas to load in 3 and NV for me. Or you simply have a very buggy version of 3. I rarely have any crashes, only cmmon ones I have are during the assault on Project Purity or Adams Airforce base because of all the explosions and AIs of enemies working at the same time seriously stresses the game engine.
BRAVO543211
BRAVO543211
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:53 pm

Maximus wrote:*snip*
A lust for power can corrupt though, can blind you or awaken monsters inside. I tend to think I'd do the right thing in a position of power. I also don't think I'm a monster, that thing is not me. That's how I've gotten better, because I acknowledged that it wasn't who I am.

Anyways thanks for sharing man.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next