Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

+34
dorktainian
CSSteele
Master Blaster
Terramine
smash016
Ithurael
HYR 2.1
Norlond
Rifneno
DoomsdayDevice
TurianRebel212
Eryri
ericformans_sisterisdead
Maximus
ZerebusPrime
vlad78
southbeatz
Dwailing
clennon8
Jusseb
Steelcan
Raistlin Majere
MaximizedAction
demersel
WeAreHarbinger
jojon2se
ElSuperGecko
Criddle
invetro
ViolentSound
noobcannon
DaniSaur
symbowles
Valsamon
38 posters

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 17 Empty Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by Dwailing Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:47 am

So... MB's post just made me realize something. If the alien ship really did offer major scientific advancements, could that be used as an explanation for how the Ark ship was able to make it to Andromeda? It seems suspiciously fitting.
Dwailing
Dwailing
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 17 Empty Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by Rifneno Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:11 am

Dwailing wrote:So... MB's post just made me realize something.  If the alien ship really did offer major scientific advancements, could that be used as an explanation for how the Ark ship was able to make it to Andromeda?  It seems suspiciously fitting.

You're like an exceptionally stupid literalist.  You need every little thing explained to you because you draw the most batshit insane conclusions on your own.  No, that isn't what the digital aliens were for.  The point of that story was that living as data in a computer sucks, and they desperately want to be real, flesh and blood people again.  In other words, being part of a Reaper isn't nearly as much fun as the Reapers say it is.  You don't want to be part of a Reaper, even ignoring the means with which it happens to begin with.  That's all it means.  Nothing more.

Mass Effect is notorious for putting hints of later games in previous ones.  Klendagon, Klencory, ect.  If they planned Andromeda all the way back during 3's development, then 3 would have SPECIFIC mention of development of eezo engines that don't require discharge, or their reverse engineering from a Reaper wreckage as well as other vague hints like rumors of the Crucible not getting all the resources it should because they're going somewhere else.  There's nothing but your insane troll logic that unnamed "scientific advancements" means "we can build a colossal ark ship while we're barely scraping by with the Crucible, it won't require core discharging, and it can go where even the Reapers can't reach us because reasons."

Dumbass.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:05 am

hang on a mo. these are fucking dumbasses.

Han Shot First : "The IT was debunked when there was no DLC ever confirming it as the correct interpretation. The Extended Cut and Leviathan DLCs were the final nails in its coffin. "

I responded with "No they were not. Nothing was either confirmed or denied. The extended slide shows left more questions than they answered, as did Leviathan. If anything Leviathan was the final nail in the coffin of the ending being quite literally as you see it."

The Heretic of Time (I wonder who.....) replied with "It also has never been confirmed or denied that Shepard is a pedophile. If anything, the Shepard dreams in ME3 was the final nail int he coffin of Shepard not being slightly pedophile."

if you want stupid just visit BSN. It is a silly place.

http://forum.bioware.com/topic/559064-why-the-indoctrination-theory-is-not-correct/
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:30 am

That alien VR story is an essential part of my Scary Door theory.

Just in case...
smash016
smash016
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by southbeatz Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:41 am

Maybe a portion of how IT truly got started was because too many of us didn't want to accept that Bioware would either blunder a story so badly or Bioware would seemingly carefully place information throughout the game hinting towards IT.

Maybe Bioware placed information, clues, hints, and various other things with an original plan for something far greater. Maybe there was a reason that the ending to ME3 was written the way it was. One thing I believe should be certain is that it was a waste of time on Bioware's part to create a story that invested us for hundreds of hours and not truly see it through.

Look at the entire Mass Effect series from the beginning of ME1 through to the end of M3, including all DLCs. There is a major story with lots of side stories, all building up and once we get to the supposed final battle and final confrontation it's all over in a few minutes.

The ending of ME3 may have been merely a quick and easy way out of completing a long and thorough good story. So we are able to kill Reapers, it's been done in the game but at the end it's just a matter of oh hey choose A, B, or C and sit back and do nothing.

Bioware seemed to stick to what they delivered on ME3 and so far it seems they've gone out of their way to avoid ME3 with what has been mentioned so far of ME4. Should any of us care about how great of a story the series had since it seems Bioware is content on never telling it?

Maybe ME4 will be a great game. Maybe it will have a great story. It still won't undo the lack of true conclusion that was in ME3. I know we are all free to think what we want regarding that ending but the evidence in the past far out weighed what we got with ME3 where it seemed that Bioware changed their mind on anything IT related.

I assume everyone that uses this forum has seen all possible evidence regarding IT. A few things could be determined just a coincidence but there were far too many instances leaning towards IT than against it to suggest that Bioware had not put thought into it but simply changed plans over halfway through ME3.

I like talking about it because it's such a shame that the foundation was laid for an incredible story and a reasonably sized portion of that said was made almost pointless due to a few decisions at the end. There could be comparisons but I think Mass Effect was the worst.

I could mention Firefly was popular then canceled during Season 1 and later a movie was made that half assed an ending of the TV show. There are other instances but I think the one is enough for me to mention.

A lot of lost potential and missed opportunities. The series was fun. I'm still undecided on if I'll try out ME4. If the game itself looks promising enough then maybe but really ME3 will always be the story where Shepard fought to the battle on Earth then went to sleep since the ending in no way ever felt remotely a true part of the game regardless of which choice being made.
southbeatz
southbeatz
Geth Rocket Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:18 am

southbeatz wrote:Maybe a portion of how IT truly got started was because too many of us didn't want to accept that Bioware would either blunder a story so badly

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 17 632
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:54 am

southbeatz wrote:Maybe a portion of how IT truly got started was because too many of us didn't want to accept that Bioware would either blunder a story so badly ...............

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 17 0a45aa503e9a4c34a9d0f416aef1dff4da2b91af2b068e515279614439e2ff98
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:43 pm

Let's play charades!

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 17 Knot26

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 17 This.1

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 17 130561

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 17 4-mobius-one
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Blaster Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:18 am

Dwailing wrote:So... MB's post just made me realize something.  If the alien ship really did offer major scientific advancements, could that be used as an explanation for how the Ark ship was able to make it to Andromeda?  It seems suspiciously fitting.

I started to think about that too, but it was highly unlikely. I do believe this just proves that the ending of ME3 can just all be happening in Shepard's head or harbingers without having outside time being lost. What would have been "A hour or two" was just merely a few seconds.
Master Blaster
Master Blaster
Geth Prime

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:21 am

time is subjective tho.
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:41 am

dorktainian wrote:time is subjective tho.  

Indeed.  Moreso than most people realize.  For example, our perception of time speeds as we age.  Everyone remember when you were little and an hour seemed like an eternity, while it seems so short now?  That's because your perception of time was much slower then.  Once you factor in the time dilation, middle age is probably more like 25-30 than 40ish.  Depressing.

But yeah.  Time is stable, but our perception of time is far less stable than we think.  Machine intelligences are especially capable of some extreme time dilation.  That's why Reapers never miss a shot lorewise.  They could take the equivalent of a month to line up the perfect shot when less than a second has actually passed.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:27 pm

Yeah, exactly.

Also, dream time. Have you ever waken up, then fallen back asleep, having a dream that seemed to last at least half an hour, only to wake up again and find it's just three minutes later? I have, many times.

Also, if you ever heard someone talking in their sleep, they speak really, really fast. Almost incomprehensibly so.

DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:43 pm

You wanna experience first-hand just how subjective time is?

Pop some E.
smash016
smash016
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:12 pm

DoomsdayDevice wrote:
Also, if you ever heard someone talking in their sleep, they speak really, really fast. Almost incomprehensibly so.

Uh.... no, no that's not my experience with sleep talkers.

And a day still takes as long to me as a day used to take to me in gradeschool... I think.

Memory, however, is stored logarithmically. You experience as a 4 year old adds 1/4th of your total memories to your brain at that age. Age 5 adds 1/5th. Age 10 adds 1/10th. Age 20 adds 1/20th. Age 50 adds 1/50th. Etc etc etc. Each year seems less significant compared to the whole and therefore shorter as you experience it. And so the bulk of your memories are going to seem like they're from before age 25 even when you're a hundred years old. One can combat this effect by seeking out new and novel experiences. Every novel experience stands out as a larger part of the whole.
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:20 pm

Then why is it I can't remember jack shit from my years as a toddler? I know, not every stored memory is also directly available to awareness, but nevertheless a pretty inefficient storage if it indeed works that way. You'd think more recent events are more relevant to you currently.

In my experience time does seem to go by faster the older you get. I wonder if it has to do with your life becoming more of a rut. Days get more alike, so they fade into one big general memory. While as a growing child or adolescent it seems novel things happen to you almost every day. At a certain point, your imprint is done. Fewer novelties left in life to take in.
smash016
smash016
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:55 pm

smash016 wrote:You wanna experience first-hand just how subjective time is?

Pop some E.

Nah man. Shrooms.

smash016 wrote:I wonder if it has to do with your life becoming more of a rut. Days get more alike, so they fade into one big general memory. While as a growing child or adolescent it seems novel things happen to you almost every day. At a certain point, your imprint is done. Fewer novelties left in life to take in.

Yeah, that's a big part of it. What Zerebus says works though. New experiences work wonders.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:23 am

as a 46 year old I can honestly say time moves along more quickly now than when I was 21. it's nowt to do with any routine or being bored it just does.

something to do with the heart rate slowing as you get older.....maybe.

dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:54 am

DoomsdayDevice wrote:
smash016 wrote:You wanna experience first-hand just how subjective time is?

Pop some E.

Nah man. Shrooms.

smash016 wrote:I wonder if it has to do with your life becoming more of a rut. Days get more alike, so they fade into one big general memory. While as a growing child or adolescent it seems novel things happen to you almost every day. At a certain point, your imprint is done. Fewer novelties left in life to take in.

Yeah, that's a big part of it. What Zerebus says works though. New experiences work wonders.

Shrooms had my mind feel like it'd been on a two-week journey, that's how exhausted it felt afterwards. During the trip you just lack any sense of time whatsoever.

MDMA makes time go by really fast, though, I mean noticeably. Like you don't understand why everybody's leaving, until you check your watch. Fast heartbeat hypothesis? I kind of doubt it.
smash016
smash016
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by TurianRebel212 Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:49 am

Recent poll by PCgamer said that destroy was the most popular ending choice with like 32 percent of the vote, then refuse was very close runner up with like 30 percent.

18 percent of the players polled believe Shepard was indoctrinated......

Mass Effect 2 was by far the run away winner of "best Mas Effect game" with nearly 57 percent of the vote. ME3 was second (Sadly). However, it was like 22.5 percent felt ME3 was versus like 21 percent for ME1. So it was very close battle at 2nd. But ME2 crushed both.

TurianRebel212
TurianRebel212
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:06 am

mass effect. the gift that keeps on giving.

something to ponder over.

when shepard and co are on virmire, and saren confronts shep, shep punches saren and saren legs it. however shep has the opportunity to shoot saren on his flyer but hesitates for a spilt second as saren glares at him. well not a split second but shep deffo pauses for some unexplained reason.

was this the beginning of shepards indoctrination?
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:33 pm

Oh no! 5:15

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:43 pm

SwobyJ wrote:Oh no! 5:15

Well, that wasn't the least bit creepy or disturbing. I'm sure this will have no negative consequences whatsoever... Uncertain
Eryri
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by TurianRebel212 Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:31 pm

SwobyJ wrote:Oh no! 5:15

Her "power" is nothing compared to the power of the dark side. Silly machine and her quest for "upgrades", before a Dark Lord of The Sith she is but cosmic dust in the wind. Incapable of having supreme power and knowledge. Knowledge and power through passion. Stenght through anger and hate. This "synthesis" is but a joke of ignorant machines.

The Dark Side of the Force IS life and evolution. Through the dark side the Ancient Rakatta built hyperdrive systems, ventured out and conquered the Galaxy with the dark side as their weapon. Through the dark side the Star Forge was created.....

The Dark side of the force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be, unnatural.

And only the truly worthy and powerful can harness such power!

This ignorant machines is just as pathetic and weak minded as the Jedi and their dogmatic and pseudo pacifism knowledge of the force.

TurianRebel212
TurianRebel212
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:33 am

Haha I love you Turian, no homo

Eryri wrote:Well, that wasn't the least bit creepy or disturbing. I'm sure this will have no negative consequences whatsoever... Uncertain

We'll see if Bioware intends on doing anything at all with the character in Knights of the Fallen Empire (or maybe beyond).

The other thing is the Directive 7 flashpoint. Machines gone rogue, led by, you guessed it, an overlord (called Mentor).

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 17 Directive_7

Spoiler:

Anywayyy.. IT.

Back to top Go down

Post by TurianRebel212 Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:47 am

Haha, love you to bro.

And remember..... Sith happens.

Just ask the Jedi..... One day you're top dog and all powerful and top advisors of the republic....

Then the next your living on some swamp planet or some uber hot desert plannet, while all your pals are being target practice for live fire exercises....

All because....

Sith Happens.
TurianRebel212
TurianRebel212
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next