Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

+34
windsurfing
TurianRebel212
WeAreHarbinger
Jusseb
ZerebusPrime
Rifneno
dorktainian
triggerwarning
vlad78
CSSteele
Raistlin Majere
DoomsdayDevice
ElSuperGecko
Eryri
Terramine
1864_WORST_YEAR_OF_MY_LIF
Dr_Claymores
aboutthosedays
Maximus
Byne
Norlond
MaximizedAction
magnetite
Cyberfrog
symbowles
Ithurael
clennon8
ericformans_sisterisdead
Dwailing
noobcannon
Master Blaster
jojon2se
Yemeth
Valsamon
38 posters

Page 15 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 15 Empty Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by DoomsdayDevice Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:54 pm

Rifneno wrote:
DoomsdayDevice wrote:Any tips for opening iso files? I used to have Daemon Tools, but it doesn't work on Windows 10.
Pretty sure winrar will open an iso like a zip file.

Hah, I had no idea. Thanks.

Does this mean I need to extract the entire thing? I'm not sure how to navigate the threads.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 15 Empty Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by magnetite Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:25 am

If you have Windows 10, just open the file in Windows Explorer. It now supports mounting it's own ISO images without external programs.

Right click on the file and go open with Windows Explorer.

Second thread is done. Size is 9.17 GB. Wowie.

Third one is almost done. Size is almost 14 GB.

Navigate to here to find the main topic and html files for each page:

[drive letter]:\Indoctrination\IT Thread\Indoctrination\forum.bioware.com\topic\272351-was-the-ending-a-hallucination-indoctrination-theory
magnetite
magnetite
Brute

Back to top Go down

Post by MaximizedAction Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:16 am

Want to make a separate thread for the old IT threads I-III, including instructions on how to open them? They won't get buried in this thread then...
MaximizedAction
MaximizedAction
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by magnetite Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:26 am

Go ahead.

Seems the links to the old BSN forum only downloaded to a redirect page, and not the actual forum topic. Bosh'tet!

Setting it to include all links from social.bioware.com and forum.bioware.com fixed it.
magnetite
magnetite
Brute

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:13 am

It ended up just getting used for piracy, but situations like this is exactly why torrents were developed to begin with.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:54 pm

Rifneno wrote:
DoomsdayDevice wrote:Any tips for opening iso files? I used to have Daemon Tools, but it doesn't work on Windows 10.
-References Winrar
-Defaults to the Zip filetype rather than the Rar filetype

Rif is finally out of his league. He sounds as computer illiterate as my own mother. Knows enough to get by, but not enough to actually know what the shit is lol
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:19 pm

dorktainian wrote:My son keeps telling me that we all should have been a bit suspicious before ME3s release due to the rapid nature of its release after ME2.  My lad played through ME2 in about a day and a half after release with no sleep, but as soon as he started playing ME3 he gave it up as a bad job.  The game was a massive step backwards in terms of the story.  We had a reaper threat and who do we end up shooting at?  fucking Cerberus troops and....... more cerberus troops accompanied by that utter waste of a villain Kai Lame.  He was about as menacing as Edi's cameltoe.

As for an ending re-write?  whats the point?  I was suggesting to my son that if they do release a remastered collection, that we only play up to cronos station anyway (the real ending of the game)
Okay seriously the fact of the matter is Cerberus was never a significant threat in 1, and wasn't a threat at all in 2. Meaning it's not like we had properly opposed this group before, despite everything obviously leading up to it. Cerberus was really another set of the Reaper's minions. So in actuality we are still fighting the Reapers by fighting Cerberus.

But where I really call bullshit is on the idea that most the game we are fighting Cerberus troops rather than Reaper troops. At best I would peg them as 30% of the total baddies we end up having to fight, and that's including the Omega DLC. Beyond that most the game is a majority of fighting Reapers. Well... fighting their assortment of ground troops.

Lastly the Reapers themselves are the real threat and we only fight head on like what, a total of 4? Plus pathetically and helplessly getting 1-hit-zapped like a fly by the Head Hancho Reaper. I get where people are coming from because up till this point the series has been building up for some sort of ultimate showdown against the Reapers specifically. But in actuality it was never going to translate to making a difference on the battlefield. The Reapers aren't ground troops, they have ground troops but they themselves aren't such.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:44 pm

Terramine wrote:
dorktainian wrote:My son keeps telling me that we all should have been a bit suspicious before ME3s release due to the rapid nature of its release after ME2.  My lad played through ME2 in about a day and a half after release with no sleep, but as soon as he started playing ME3 he gave it up as a bad job.  The game was a massive step backwards in terms of the story.  We had a reaper threat and who do we end up shooting at?  fucking Cerberus troops and....... more cerberus troops accompanied by that utter waste of a villain Kai Lame.  He was about as menacing as Edi's cameltoe.

As for an ending re-write?  whats the point?  I was suggesting to my son that if they do release a remastered collection, that we only play up to cronos station anyway (the real ending of the game)
Okay seriously the fact of the matter is Cerberus was never a significant threat in 1, and wasn't a threat at all in 2. Meaning it's not like we had properly opposed this group before, despite everything obviously leading up to it. Cerberus was really another set of the Reaper's minions. So in actuality we are still fighting the Reapers by fighting Cerberus.

But where I really call bullshit is on the idea that most the game we are fighting Cerberus troops rather than Reaper troops. At best I would peg them as 30% of the total baddies we end up having to fight, and that's including the Omega DLC. Beyond that most the game is a majority of fighting Reapers. Well... fighting their assortment of ground troops.

Lastly the Reapers themselves are the real threat and we only fight head on like what, a total of 4? Plus pathetically and helplessly getting 1-hit-zapped like a fly by the Head Hancho Reaper. I get where people are coming from because up till this point the series has been building up for some sort of ultimate showdown against the Reapers specifically. But in actuality it was never going to translate to making a difference on the battlefield. The Reapers aren't ground troops, they have ground troops but they themselves aren't such.

funny i always assumed that husks were reaper foot soldiers - otherwise what is the point of creating husks? cerberus just became an annoyance. possibly because they were on some other side to us and the reapers? a three way conflict? quite possibly. i think leviathan confirmed that pretty much. interesting therefore that the crudible had 3 solutions.
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by MaximizedAction Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:50 pm

magnetite wrote:Go ahead.

Seems the links to the old BSN forum only downloaded to a redirect page, and not the actual forum topic. Bosh'tet!

Setting it to include all links from social.bioware.com and forum.bioware.com fixed it.

Nah, I meant you should make the thread since you made the archive.

EA not fully merging their old forum (social.*) to their new one is, imo, sloppy work. Priority on the forum must've been really low.
MaximizedAction
MaximizedAction
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by magnetite Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:16 pm

Oh. I'll do it when I have the full archive completed with proper links.
magnetite
magnetite
Brute

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:38 am

just checked on BSN.... I think it's dead Jim!!

dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by TurianRebel212 Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:57 pm

Bioware truly is dead now... They're more machine now than dev, twisted and evil.
TurianRebel212
TurianRebel212
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:21 pm

Terramine wrote:
Rifneno wrote:
-References Winrar
-Defaults to the Zip filetype rather than the Rar filetype

Rif is finally out of his league. He sounds as computer illiterate as my own mother. Knows enough to get by, but not enough to actually know what the shit is lol

What, you're saying WinRar doesn't open zip files?

Go shitpost somewhere else.

DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:31 pm

dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by triggerwarning Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:45 pm

Lol SJWare going full retard

triggerwarning
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Post by TurianRebel212 Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:05 pm

God damn, I mean it's not like shocking but it still is. Once upon a time, they were the "Pixar of gaming" and made some of the greatest games ever made. It's just, really disgusting to see what they become. And I'm not gonna lie, very sad and disheartening.
TurianRebel212
TurianRebel212
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:56 pm

TurianRebel212 wrote:God damn, I mean it's not like shocking but it still is. Once upon a time, they were the "Pixar of gaming" and made some of the greatest games ever made. It's just, really disgusting to see what they become. And I'm not gonna lie, very sad and disheartening.
Excuse me? Their PR department has been taken over by EA, yes. That sucks. But your implication that they make bad games now? Did you not play Dragon Age Inquisition?
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by TurianRebel212 Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:14 pm

Inquisition sucked bro, lol. You really thought it was good... Jesus.
TurianRebel212
TurianRebel212
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by windsurfing Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:41 am

Bioware Official PR wrote:Mass Effect: Androgyny

Join the fight to help mankind SJWkind fan the flames of bigotry and gender perversion in a new region of space never thought possible before.  

Releasing in Q4 2017
windsurfing
windsurfing
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:35 am

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 15 Ass_effect__mass_effect__by_theblindw0lf-d5sbhef

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 15 Tumblr_inline_mjijgx3Ql71qz4rgp
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:57 am

I find it ironic that Bioware had Gavin Dunne aka the guy behind Miracle of Sound do a Mass Effect 3 song and he titled it "Take it back." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgBJeJ3-MWM

These days someone really needs to take back the Bioware of old if something like that is even possible.
Raistlin Majere
Raistlin Majere
N7

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:13 pm

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 15 Latest?cb=20160815184622
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by jojon2se Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:15 pm

Raistlin Majere wrote:I find it ironic that Bioware had Gavin Dunne aka the guy behind Miracle of Sound do a Mass Effect 3 song and he titled it "Take it back." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgBJeJ3-MWM

These days someone really needs to take back the Bioware of old if something like that is even possible.

Less coincidental would appear the way that the piece he made after ME3 came out; A bombastic orchestral thing called: "Crucible", ends abruptly, midway through what feels very much like a build-up from a quiet part towards a concluding crescendo. Always thought that was a smooth bit of commentary. :9

jojon2se
Nemesis

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:14 am

DoomsdayDevice wrote:
What, you're saying WinRar doesn't open zip files?

Go shitpost somewhere else.
If you don't know what I was saying, then you're as bad as him. The Zip filetype was was created long ago well before WinRar was even concieved of. It's pretty much the primary standard for archive files. However the people that made Winrar created the Rar filetype which became just as standardized as Zip files.

WinRar was given the ability to extract Zip files yes. But it's still weird that his first thought of what WinRar can do, is that it can open Zip files. Pretty much ANY extraction program can extract Zip files. Since it's the default filetype for archiving.

It's not SURPRISING or SPECIAL. Not compared to being able to open ISO files like that. So the fact that he thinks extracting Zip files is comparable to extracting ISO files, shows his ignorance. Even the fact that it can extract ISO files isn't that surprising unto itself, because ISO is just another archiving format. Made specifically for putting on disks sure, but still an archive format and WinRar is an archive extracting program.

His comment was ignorant from every angle you look at. It's as bad as a tourist from another country having a hard time understanding first world American slang because they're out of touch "What is this... Swag you speak of?"
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by jojon2se Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:17 am

Terramine wrote:...out of touch...

Pretty sure it just means he has a Microsoft platform background, and by widespread association and habit uses "zip" as shorthand for any file archive/compression (EDIT: ...of unspecified format). Had he been a Unix user he might have said "tar", with or without "rar" on top, just like I might have said "lha", or a mac user could have said "sit". :P

Of all possible things to make a big deal out of, I don't think being out of touch is one. :7

jojon2se
Nemesis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next