Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

+34
windsurfing
TurianRebel212
WeAreHarbinger
Jusseb
ZerebusPrime
Rifneno
dorktainian
triggerwarning
vlad78
CSSteele
Raistlin Majere
DoomsdayDevice
ElSuperGecko
Eryri
Terramine
1864_WORST_YEAR_OF_MY_LIF
Dr_Claymores
aboutthosedays
Maximus
Byne
Norlond
MaximizedAction
magnetite
Cyberfrog
symbowles
Ithurael
clennon8
ericformans_sisterisdead
Dwailing
noobcannon
Master Blaster
jojon2se
Yemeth
Valsamon
38 posters

Page 27 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 27 Empty Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by triggerwarning Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:21 am

Jusseb wrote:Reading this on IGN;

"Creative Director Mac Walters also noted to Game Informer that though Andromeda kicks off with an entirely new focus and set of protagonists, the game is not necessarily the start of a new trilogy. "At the end of this, we want it to feel like a story was completed," Walters told GI."

What the fuck is that supposed to mean?

No more plot flags spanning multiple games.Harder to write themselves into a corner that way; makes for easier retcons.

triggerwarning
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 27 Empty Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by Jusseb Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:33 am

I just can't imagine that people who played the trilogy will enjoy this game. The fact that we leave between ME2 and ME3 is a big fuck you towards the characters that we loved in the previous trilogy.

And the 600 years time span in between? Do we get to hear what happened back home? I cannot commit myself to that Ryder Tom Cruise look a like person if I just keep thinking about Shepard beneath that Rubble. I've talked to Reapers with Shepard, destroyed Reapers with Shepard, killed with Shepard and loved with Shepard. Last time I saw him fighting for his life was when he crawled back underneath that rubble. I wanted to drag him out but they didn't let me!

I want to save Shepard, MY Shepard. Then I will probably take a look at this game, otherwise I just can't commit to this shit.

Last edited by Jusseb on Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Jusseb
Jusseb
Geth Pyro

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:37 am

triggerwarning wrote:

Lucky for Bioware it appears the Ark doesn't have to pass by the Reapers in dark space because i doubt they would be like "what are those?" and then shrug their giant metallic shoulders.

well space is really big isn't it? Douglas Adams got it spot on.

dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by triggerwarning Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:47 am

dorktainian wrote:
triggerwarning wrote:

Lucky for Bioware it appears the Ark doesn't have to pass by the Reapers in dark space because i doubt they would be like "what are those?" and then shrug their giant metallic shoulders.

well space is really big isn't it?  Douglas Adams got it spot on.

Yeah it was more of symbolic comment about how incredibly convenient this all is.

triggerwarning
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:26 am

triggerwarning wrote:
dorktainian wrote:
triggerwarning wrote:

well space is really big isn't it?  Douglas Adams got it spot on.

Yeah it was more of symbolic comment about how incredibly convenient this all is.

"Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space."

not dissing you or anything, just that the Milky Way itself is so fucking huge, there is no way by the time of Mass Effect we could have explored it all. Even with the relay network it would surely have been impossible just by the sheer scale of it. It's like the explosions shown of the relays during the ending and the size of them shown on the Milky Way. The sheer size of the explosions is unthinkable. 100's if not 1000's of lightyears across.

The Milky Ways radius is 100,000 light years.

The distance to Andromeda is 2.537 million light years.

The trip is meant to take 600 years apparently for some reason.

Once again, why go to Andromeda? What is the point? Who funded it? Who's idea was it? What was sending people to Andromeda in response to?
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by Jusseb Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:57 am

The backwards compatibility for the whole trilogy on the Xbox One has also been released, just for the people interested.
Jusseb
Jusseb
Geth Pyro

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:47 pm

Why doesn't Liara know the vast majority of shit going down then? How does she not know every move Cerberus makes? Why does she not know about The Leviathan of Dis? Why wasn't she the one to mention something like that to Shepard? Cause a rebel/dead reaper, is definitely something to fucking mention.

Following your guys' logic. This isn't just a problem with Andromeda. They've been shitting on it through all of ME3. Like downright RAPING the fact that she is the Shadow Broker. Really a fucking secret Ark to another galaxy is the LEAST of the shit she apparently doesn't know. You expect her to know something so nontrivial, when she doesn't even know when X person last tied their shoe? Get over yourselves you fucking retards.

Plus all of you talk from a perspective that Liara is still the same old Squadmate we know. Instead of... you know... AN INDOCTRINATED REAPER AGENT. I've been like 99% convinced that all or most of the squadmates are suffering from indoctrination to some degree and that you can't trust everything they say and do.

I'm not saying EVERYTHING they do is pure evil. They still have some control over themselves. But they're dropping subliminal messages to fuck with Shep's heads. Which makes flawless fucking sense because they aren't as strong willpower-wise or as aware of the Reaper's bullshit, as Shepard is. We know Shep is a bit unique anyways. He's the only one that really knows instinctually how to beat indoctrination, and thus subsequently CAN lead others to beat it.

But that's the ONLY hope the Squadmates have.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by triggerwarning Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:52 pm

Accidently clicked see the message. You need a heavy dose of multiple medications, sparky.

triggerwarning
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:53 pm

If we left around ME2, then the Reapers wouldn't have been able to do anything about it.

It should be noted that no cycle before has had any sort of heads up about the Reapers like we did. Little alone delaying the Reaper's cycle. That sort of thing happening is obviously something the Reapers have tried REALLY HARD to make sure it never happens.

And that's just it. When it comes to a cycle that spans so much time and involves so much activity. 1 wrong slip up CAN and WILL mean disastrous consequences. The bigger they are, the harder they fall. Isn't just some catchy saying. It reveals a hidden truth to reality. That the higher we climb, the bigger the scale we end up on. The bigger potential for things to blow up in your face.

We can see with Technology itself that as we get more and more advanced. Energy sources become more and more dangerous when they go haywire. Just look what happens when a nuclear power plant gets fucked up.

It's just the reality of playing God. Being God means bending even so much as a pinky the wrong way means colossal and vast consequences.

Last edited by Terramine on Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:54 pm

triggerwarning wrote:Accidently clicked see the message. You need a heavy dose of multiple medications, sparky.
Love how you completely ignore my arguments. You know sitting there just calling your opponent "crazy" whenever they throw out an extensive argument. Is an automatic way to lose a debate, and makes outside observers not listen to you because all you're doing is quite literally the equivalent of "herpderp yur just wrong".
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:07 pm

dorktainian wrote:why not go to a galaxy that isnt going to be involved in a collision with the milky way?

It's estimated to collide in almost 4 billion years.

Also, the only other galaxies in the Local Group besides Andromeda and the Milky Way are much smaller galaxies that are basically satellites to the two big ones. Sure, even a small galaxy would be an insanely huge place to explore, but perhaps it doesn't quite speak to the imagination like the big galaxies do. Also, if you're thinking about leaving the Local Group to find a bigger galaxy we're talking distances that'll make the journey to Andromeda seem like a weekend trip in comparison.

Last edited by DoomsdayDevice on Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:08 pm

Compelling evidence the Squadmates are indoctrinated is the way they act throughout this whole thing. It's not just Shep's dreams that paint his/her friends as hopeless sounding and such. Sans Mordin, every time something bad goes down. The Squadmates say and do so many out of character things it's not even funny. And it's always something that instills a narrative of hopelessness and like the Reapers are just too unbeatable.

They went 2 games being influenced by Shepard to be ready to fight the Reapers and grow faith in Shep's abilities. So why are they caving in to the Reaper's narrative without batting an eye?

Also why the hell is Liara so bent on CLEARLY MANIPULATING Shep to do this and that? Why is she trying to direct Shepard? She wasn't like that in the previous games. But now she's deliberately manipulating Shepard to go to the citadel and tell them about The Device. Knowing the power Shep holds by now because he/she turned out to be right after everything. Anything he/she advocates at this point will carry A LOT of weight.

So we see Shepard being "subverted" as a political pawn. Isn't that EXACTLY what Reapers try to do as they indoctrinate you?
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Blaster Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:20 pm

Jusseb wrote:The backwards compatibility for the whole trilogy on the Xbox One has also been released, just for the people interested.
Only saw it for ME2 and ME3
Master Blaster
Master Blaster
Geth Prime

Back to top Go down

Post by ericformans_sisterisdead Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:17 pm

After all the stuff ive been reading on andromashit i deff think we are getting a ton of inqusition fetch quests and no cutscenes camera when we talk to squadmates that really bothers me in dragon age inqusition. Also i would not be suprised if bioware goes time travel with this one. Never thought they would go clones either and look at what happened with that. But wtf is wrong with me part of me still thinks at the end this is gonna lead into mass effect 4 somehow with a ryder shep teamup. I must be high i dunno i just cant see them never going back to the milky way even if we gotta wait another 5-6 years. Please someone slap the shit outta me and wake me up i cant face more disappointment. But why is this plot sounding so shady. I feel like there lying to us again. Somethings not right. Is there storytelling that bad now. Did ea fuck em and really make em bioshit now? I mean its not like they rushed em to get this game out.
ericformans_sisterisdead
ericformans_sisterisdead
Geth Rocket Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Blaster Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:21 pm

ericformans_sisterisdead wrote:After all the stuff ive been reading on andromashit i deff think we are getting a ton of inqusition fetch quests and no cutscenes camera when we talk to squadmates that really bothers me in dragon age inqusition. Also i would not be suprised if bioware goes time travel with this one. Never thought they would go clones either and look at what happened with that. But wtf is wrong with me part of me still thinks at the end this is gonna lead into mass effect 4 somehow with a ryder shep teamup. I must be high i dunno i just cant see them never going back to the milky way even if we gotta wait another 5-6 years. Please someone slap the shit outta me and wake me up i cant face more disappointment. But why is this plot  sounding so shady. I feel like there lying to us again. Somethings not right. Is there storytelling that bad now. Did ea fuck em and really make em bioshit now? I mean its not like they rushed em to get this game out.
Actually EA is really giving their time NOW for ME:A.....which they should have given time for ME3 and DA2
Master Blaster
Master Blaster
Geth Prime

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Blaster Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:44 pm

Okay so the transportation isn't the mako.....it is called the Nomad ND1......okay.....
Master Blaster
Master Blaster
Geth Prime

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:05 am

Terramine wrote:If we left around ME2, then the Reapers wouldn't have been able to do anything about it.

If the Andromeda Initiative is public knowledge, then the Reapers would learn of it via the extranet and news records. That's bad enough. One Reaper following the colony ship/fleet is enough to doom it.
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by aboutthosedays Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:29 am

I can't believe I'm even considering this but fuck it. What if the Andromeda storyline connects with ME3 somehow? I'm saying this because this piece of information caught my attention: "The Initiative’s ultimate goal is to establish a permanent presence on the seemingly resource-rich frontier of Andromeda, and eventually create a reliable route between it and the Milky Way Galaxy".

What if at the end of our journey in Andromeda (that probably means 2 or 3 games), we discover through this lost remnant technology some kind of "time travel" factor that send us back to the Milky Way just when the events of ME3 are happening (specifically the end of me3) I mean, that would be HUGE. Also we would add new techonology to fight the Reapers.

Idk, this just popped in my head when I was reading the new info on MEA. Kinda hard to accept that they will not finish Shepard's story. :'(
aboutthosedays
aboutthosedays
Pyjak

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:10 am

All I know is I won't even be able to run this game. It'll be too hardware OP for me.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:17 am

ZerebusPrime wrote:
Terramine wrote:If we left around ME2, then the Reapers wouldn't have been able to do anything about it.

If the Andromeda Initiative is public knowledge, then the Reapers would learn of it via the extranet and news records.  That's bad enough.  One Reaper following the colony ship/fleet is enough to doom it.
I also have a theory that this works some other way. Like maybe the Reapers know about it. But what if they actually instigated it. Why would they do that? To conquer another Galaxy. The start of an expansion to the Reaper's empire.

Still I don't know what you mean? I think the reality is that the Reapers wouldn't have been able to get to it in time. They probably kicked everything off hearing that the Reapers tried to enter the galaxy through a relay. Blocking the citadel and then that back up relay gave us lots of time. As well lots of warning that an Imminent Reaper Threat was actually coming.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:22 am

There's a conversation in ME3 where Chakwas is in the crew quarters with Engineer Adams. She's talking about the Collector base cause she was one of the peeps that got abducted by the collectors from the Normandy.

And she says "It makes me wonder what the Reapers are doing on human worlds this very moment. How many people are dying a horrible death at this very moment? Millions? Billions?"

So here we see. More stuff earlier into the game also tells us that the situation in the Citadel DLC is wrong. The game has multiple instances that call attention to this. Saying "Hey the Reaper war is going on RIGHT NOW!"
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:35 am

Terramine wrote:There's a conversation in ME3 where Chakwas is in the crew quarters with Engineer Adams. She's talking about the Collector base cause she was one of the peeps that got abducted by the collectors from the Normandy.

And she says "It makes me wonder what the Reapers are doing on human worlds this very moment. How many people are dying a horrible death at this very moment? Millions? Billions?"

So here we see. More stuff earlier into the game also tells us that the situation in the Citadel DLC is wrong. The game has multiple instances that call attention to this. Saying "Hey the Reaper war is going on RIGHT NOW!"
Surely Relativity dictates that the Andromeda Initiative will arrive in Andromeda well after the human race has gone the way of the dodo?

edit..

"Can you tell me another story about Shepard?"
Mac Walters: "One day"
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:57 am

Terramine wrote:

Still I don't know what you mean?

I mean that from what we know of Reaper FTL speeds, it'd be easy to send one Reaper to Andromeda to give chase to those who escaped the Milky Way... and possibly even beat them there. A colony or cluster of colonies there that is unaware of the danger posed by the Reapers would be easy pickings for said lone Reaper.

That is of course assuming the Reapers know where the colonists went within the Andromeda galaxy which would be the case if the records were all public knowledge.
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by jojon2se Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:41 am

Heck, I rather wonder if a Reaper wouldn't come to secretly speed them on their way to their destination, while they're in cryosleep. (This under the premise that the "initiative" takes place with their "blessing"; Their unknowing scouting party, with as few reaper fingerprints as possible, to a place where they know they have formidable opposition.) :P

jojon2se
Nemesis

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:27 am

I can almost see them just completely making it up as they go along. Sad really.
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next