Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

+34
windsurfing
TurianRebel212
WeAreHarbinger
Jusseb
ZerebusPrime
Rifneno
dorktainian
triggerwarning
vlad78
CSSteele
Raistlin Majere
DoomsdayDevice
ElSuperGecko
Eryri
Terramine
1864_WORST_YEAR_OF_MY_LIF
Dr_Claymores
aboutthosedays
Maximus
Byne
Norlond
MaximizedAction
magnetite
Cyberfrog
symbowles
Ithurael
clennon8
ericformans_sisterisdead
Dwailing
noobcannon
Master Blaster
jojon2se
Yemeth
Valsamon
38 posters

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 24 Empty Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by DoomsdayDevice Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:08 pm

Well, your counterarguments aren't convincing me. *shrug*

It's not like I'm yelling people are retarded for not seeing things my way, so I think I'm good for now, haha.

You know, I don't even feel the need to debate that whole thing. We've been over it before and it's pointless anyway.

I was just hoping you could at least see where I'm coming from, that's all. It's not random 'what if' stuff, no matter how often you keep saying that. That whole Zha'til story from Javik serves no other purpose than to give the player doubts about the Geth and the Reaper code, and the timing of it is extremely telling. But sure, you can act like I'm just reading between the lines or grabbing things out of thin air. I don't really care tbh.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 24 Empty Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by magnetite Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:45 am

Everything the Starchild says can be boiled down to this:

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 24 XL8kWwsl

Which is just another way of saying this

magnetite
magnetite
Brute

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:19 am

IronicDevice wrote:Well, your counterarguments aren't convincing me. *shrug*

It's not like I'm yelling people are retarded for not seeing things my way, so I think I'm good for now, haha.

You know, I don't even feel the need to debate that whole thing. We've been over it before and it's pointless anyway.

I was just hoping you could at least see where I'm coming from, that's all. It's not random 'what if' stuff, no matter how often you keep saying that. That whole Zha'til story from Javik serves no other purpose than to give the player doubts about the Geth and the Reaper code, and the timing of it is extremely telling. But sure, you can act like I'm just reading between the lines or grabbing things out of thin air. I don't really care tbh.

The reason I yell that people I'm arguing with are idiots, is because they're idiots. You idiot. Do you know what a "false equivalence" is? Because the Zha'til were so integrated into the Zha to the point that they were basically the same entity. You know, like synthesis. The geth, meanwhile, are merely installed into quarian suits. You're comparing installing something so deep into your being that you become intertwined, to a piece of clothing.

Javik hates machine intelligences and when he knows you're going to try to make peace with one, he tells a little story (and almost certainly a simplified version without all the facts) about how AIs are a bad idea. That's all it is. Of course, I wouldn't expect some fuck-o who thinks that the Reapers are saving their trump card for something bigger than the final battle with the entire galactic military to use basic logic.

And for those of you that have endured IronicDevice's hallucinations long enough to still be reading, a point that's not incredibly stupid: Javik also mentions "swarms of zha'til blotting out the sun". Sound familiar? It's highly likely that the creatures we call "seeker swarms" are what's left of the zha'til. Especially since they appear with what's left of the Protheans.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by jojon2se Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:42 am

Heh, I have probably played too many games/seen too many films etc, because I tend to have a hard time avoiding looking at these sort of things in the meta sense: "Aha, Seeding fear, uncertainty, and doubt; Contriving hard choices; Dividing and conquering; I see what you did there, writers". :P

jojon2se
Nemesis

Back to top Go down

Post by magnetite Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:55 am

This man, is a Reaper in sheep's clothing.
magnetite
magnetite
Brute

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:21 pm

I see Bioware has lost another employee.

"last man off this sinking ship is a cunt"......... Me.

Last edited by dorktainian on Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by magnetite Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:43 pm

Who left?
magnetite
magnetite
Brute

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:54 pm

http://bsn.boards.net/thread/1980/bioware-producer-cameron-leaving-company

also.... here we go. New vid's out today. no link on youtube as I type this.... maybe later

dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAreHarbinger Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:42 pm

I speculate that at least by the end of Andromeda's life cycle no matter how short it'll be we'll get the announcement "Bioware dissolved into EA" completely.
WeAreHarbinger
WeAreHarbinger
Blood Pack Boom-Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:09 pm

For those interested. Yet another gameplay-free, pretentious, self-important teaser. Sounds like Clancy Brown is voicing the N7?

Edit: Ha! Someone on Eurogamer just pointed out that the lunar lander in the video still has the ascent stage attached- the one they used to get back into lunar orbit. Bioware, hand in your nerd cards!
Eryri
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by jojon2se Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:30 pm

So... ARG incoming, eh?

jojon2se
Nemesis

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:17 pm

Eryri wrote:

For those interested. Yet another gameplay-free, pretentious, self-important teaser. Sounds like Clancy Brown is voicing the N7?

Edit: Ha! Someone on Eurogamer just pointed out that the lunar lander in the video still has the ascent stage attached- the one they used to get back into lunar orbit. Bioware, hand in your nerd cards!

I mentioned that on facebodge when the vid was released. nerd said it was a monument.... I mean come on why would an intact lander be on the moon? oh it must be Artistic integrity....
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Blaster Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:50 am

Let's see. No Citadel, Luna base still the same, Earth looks fine, the Apollo 11 mission thing is still there and fully intact, and construction of the Ark is still there. So from that teaser we already know that it is said to have taken 600 years prior to either the moon landing or that of the end run events of ME3. To which makes no sense. That means an ending happened and Control and synthesis are no valid for that would mean Reapers would be there which i doubt. Plus it gives more reason that destroy was the canon ending they went with even though they said no ending would count yet if from what was said in the teaser true THEN that means Liara is still alive and grunt at that time this happens.
Master Blaster
Master Blaster
Geth Prime

Back to top Go down

Post by triggerwarning Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:46 pm

Why would it be 600 years prior to the moon landing?

triggerwarning
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAreHarbinger Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:01 pm

I think the Lunar landing is just there for..ugh i'm gunna say it, artistic. In all seriousness it's there for you to relate to something as the player (human). It's part of our history, the first time we ever stepped out into space...all that touchy feels bullshit. Now as a human we're about to set out into an entire new system (Andromeda) I don't think it means anything. It's probably there for you the player to say "LOOK I RELATE TO THAT HAVE MY MONEY EA/BIOWARE £$£$£$£$".

I don't buy it personally but i think it means jack shit. I'm more concerned with how intact Earth is, which means this is pre reaper war or they're going to canonize an ending. I know in the slideshow EC we see a rebuilt Citadel in destroy, the other two endings you can take as is.
WeAreHarbinger
WeAreHarbinger
Blood Pack Boom-Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Blaster Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:15 pm

WeAreHarbinger wrote:I think the Lunar landing is just there for..ugh i'm gunna say it, artistic. In all seriousness it's there for you to relate to something as the player (human). It's part of our history, the first time we ever stepped out into space...all that touchy feels bullshit. Now as a human we're about to set out into an entire new system (Andromeda) I don't think it means anything. It's probably there for you the player to say "LOOK I RELATE TO THAT HAVE MY MONEY EA/BIOWARE £$£$£$£$".

I don't buy it personally but i think it means jack shit. I'm more concerned with how intact Earth is, which means this is pre reaper war or they're going to canonize an ending. I know in the slideshow EC we see a rebuilt Citadel in destroy, the other two endings you can take as is.
People are saying it is an alternate reality/ stand alone ME game that has nothing to do with ME1-ME3 thus reboot basically.
Master Blaster
Master Blaster
Geth Prime

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:26 pm

IDK what you guys are on about this lunar rover for. Didn't you hear ID? We don't do peer review anymore. True, it's not technically peer review because it's an official thing and not a peer but why should that matter? I say it doesn't and that's how facts work now. This is a safe space, fuckers.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:35 pm

WeAreHarbinger wrote:I think the Lunar landing is just there for..ugh i'm gunna say it, artistic. In all seriousness it's there for you to relate to something as the player (human). It's part of our history, the first time we ever stepped out into space...all that touchy feels bullshit. Now as a human we're about to set out into an entire new system (Andromeda) I don't think it means anything. It's probably there for you the player to say "LOOK I RELATE TO THAT HAVE MY MONEY EA/BIOWARE £$£$£$£$".

I agree. I wasn't really suggesting that the lunar module meant anything significant. It just amused me that Bioware made a mistake that should make any self respecting space nerd hang their head in shame. As you say, it was probably to make it more recognisable so as to induce "da feelz". Possibly to make the Tempest crew look like brave explorers and not a bunch of cowards running away from the Reapers.
Eryri
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAreHarbinger Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:06 am

Eryri wrote: I agree. I wasn't really suggesting that the lunar module meant anything significant. It just amused me that Bioware made a mistake that should make any self respecting space nerd hang their head in shame. As you say, it was probably to make it more recognisable so as to induce "da feelz". Possibly to make the Tempest crew look like brave explorers and not a bunch of cowards running away from the Reapers.

Oh yeah i completely agree, the fact they missed something like that is pretty funny.

Master Blaster wrote: People are saying it is an alternate reality/ stand alone ME game that has nothing to do with ME1-ME3 thus reboot basically.

I meant to touch on this on my previous post but i forgot. This is another worry i have and will finally nail the coffin shut once and for all about how Bioware have a lack of care about any lore. An entire reboot would be a massive fuck you to anyone putting time and effort into their three previous games and the reaper war.
WeAreHarbinger
WeAreHarbinger
Blood Pack Boom-Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:50 am

Have you guys listened to Mars at the start of the game? When you're in the darkness. You hear this horrible noise for no explicable reason.

Rif's theory isn't that crazy door. We know there is evidence of indoctrination-like hallucinations at the start of the game. The boy is highly suspect from the get-go and we know that when Shep and everyone else in that room gets blasted back. Shep hears the song from the dream. It's just burried under so much noise that you can't recognize it normally. That qualified as Bioware bluntly fulfilling the "subliminal" aspect to indoctrination.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by magnetite Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:27 am

BSN does not like subliminal messages. They like in your face, non-ambiguous messages.

Despite all the hints in the game about the kid, they still think he's actually real.
magnetite
magnetite
Brute

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:41 pm

magnetite wrote:BSN does not like subliminal messages. They like in your face, non-ambiguous messages.

Despite all the hints in the game about the kid, they still think he's actually real.

Well obviously the hints about the kid not being real are just confirmation bias.

I like when people say that, and you can point out that there were a bunch of people pointing out the kid wasn't real as soon as the demo was released and we had no idea of his ending role.  Then they either shut up completely or turn to cursing sputtering gibberish.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:55 pm

Admittedly, it's the cursing sputtering gibberish that I don't know how to effectively counter in a debate.
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:07 am

ZerebusPrime wrote:Admittedly, it's the cursing sputtering gibberish that I don't know how to effectively counter in a debate.
Whip out your bigger dick. Unless you're not the guy who has the bigger dick, in which case you just lose.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:46 am

Just an observation. I was thinking IT, and although I might have gone over this in the past but it just popped back into my mind.
Harbinger tells shepard in ME2 that the collectors are humanity's genetic destiny.

The reapers messed around with the protheans and created over time the collectors. This didn't happen overnight though (if I remember correctly) they were genetically modified. Mordin himself layed this information on the table. Although they did not create a reaper apparently. I think that is bullshit. I think they did, and with those they did not need they turned them into slaves.

Ergo I suspect the protheans chose synthesis... hell starjar virtually confirms it has been tried before.

So why would anyone in their right minds allow starjar to fuck with humanity's (and everyone elses) DNA? Also why would Shepard accept the fact he would die at all? This also affects control. Dying accomplishes the one thing starjar wants. The loss of shepards mind.

The only way for Shepard to stay Shepard if any action is to be taken is to shoot the tube. Obviously if you are thinking IT then you are thinking on a brain function level. He wakes up.

As for MEA..... I suspect they'll come up with some garbage.
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next