Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

+34
windsurfing
TurianRebel212
WeAreHarbinger
Jusseb
ZerebusPrime
Rifneno
dorktainian
triggerwarning
vlad78
CSSteele
Raistlin Majere
DoomsdayDevice
ElSuperGecko
Eryri
Terramine
1864_WORST_YEAR_OF_MY_LIF
Dr_Claymores
aboutthosedays
Maximus
Byne
Norlond
MaximizedAction
magnetite
Cyberfrog
symbowles
Ithurael
clennon8
ericformans_sisterisdead
Dwailing
noobcannon
Master Blaster
jojon2se
Yemeth
Valsamon
38 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 26 Empty Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by WeAreHarbinger Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:42 pm

Remember when Mass Effect was an RPG space shooter? Now it's a hybrid of Call of Duty & Dragon Age Inquisition. I know this is all cinematic but nothing in this appeals to me.

WeAreHarbinger
WeAreHarbinger
Blood Pack Boom-Squad

Back to top Go down

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 26 Empty Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by ZerebusPrime Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:55 pm

dorktainian wrote:(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 26 CwqodR1UsAAFyoj

Gonna borrow your pic for a moment, dorktainian.

Adjust video to 1:07.

There is a symbol near the top of the blue column (second from top) that I don't have to tell you what looks like.  The same shape is reflected on the helmet in the main picture (look right of the last S in MASS, bends upward to the lens flare, contains two yellow curls in the position of "eyes").

Probably nothing.

Last edited by ZerebusPrime on Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:55 pm

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 26 F0AoMPG
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:02 pm

Rifneno wrote:(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 26 F0AoMPG

That seems to be the consensus, yes.
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:41 pm

Heh. I totally forgot about N7 day.

That trailer still doesn't tell us anything, really.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Blaster Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:46 pm

So yeah we now know that they leave right after ME2.....
Master Blaster
Master Blaster
Geth Prime

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:15 pm

Master Blaster wrote:So yeah we now know that they leave right after ME2.....

but it makes zero sense.

Look at the timeline.  The one thing any species is going to want to do is to try to survive the reaper invasion so what do they do?  send a group on a one way ticket to andromeda?  seriously?  And just where did they get the resources to do this from?  None of this makes any sense whatsoever.  

Honestly this made me so fucking annoyed.  where is the logic in spending trillions on sending a few individuals to andromeda?

with no guarantee they'll even make it.

AsbjoernSR
‏@Linkenski
@macwalterslives Would you ever make Andromeda DLC showing Rydad's ventures between 2149-2185 or is that Darkhorse material?

Mac Walters ‏@macwalterslives  25m25 minutes ago
Mac Walters Retweeted AsbjoernSR
It's a storyline we're developing. Some of it for #MassEffectAndromeda and some for... Other things.
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAreHarbinger Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:02 pm

I wouldn't mind so much if this was just a standalone game. Something to do while they're working out how they'll get around the endings/continue the milky way story. I just feel this is going to be a retcon or they'll never go back to the Milky Way.

This is the first Mass Effect installment since ME 3, when it's out it'll have been 5 years since release, factor in maybe a 2 year life cycle, then they'll have to plan the next game/sequel if any. From what i saw of the N7 trailer, this doesn't look or feel like a Mass Effect game and now i have to wait 5/7 years to wonder if they're ever going to fix the cluster fuck they left in 3? nah, i'll pass thanks.
WeAreHarbinger
WeAreHarbinger
Blood Pack Boom-Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by triggerwarning Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:43 pm

Yawn

triggerwarning
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Blaster Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:23 am

dorktainian wrote:
Master Blaster wrote:So yeah we now know that they leave right after ME2.....

but it makes zero sense.

Look at the timeline.  The one thing any species is going to want to do is to try to survive the reaper invasion so what do they do?  send a group on a one way ticket to andromeda?  seriously?  And just where did they get the resources to do this from?  None of this makes any sense whatsoever.  

Honestly this made me so fucking annoyed.  where is the logic in spending trillions on sending a few individuals to andromeda?

with no guarantee they'll even make it.

AsbjoernSR
‏@Linkenski
@macwalterslives Would you ever make Andromeda DLC showing Rydad's ventures between 2149-2185 or is that Darkhorse material?

Mac Walters ‏@macwalterslives  25m25 minutes ago
Mac Walters Retweeted AsbjoernSR
It's a storyline we're developing. Some of it for #MassEffectAndromeda and some for... Other things.

Actually the program is UNAWARE of the Reapers coming....which is even worse.
Master Blaster
Master Blaster
Geth Prime

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Blaster Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:36 am

THE ANDROMEDA INITIATIVE
Founded in 2176 and launched in 2185, the Andromeda Initiative is a civilian, multi-species project created to send scientists, explorers and colonists on a one-way trip to settle in the Andromeda Galaxy. With powerful benefactors lending their support, the program has grown substantially in scope since its inception. The Initiative’s ultimate goal is to establish a permanent presence on the seemingly resource-rich frontier of Andromeda, and eventually create a reliable route between it and the Milky Way Galaxy.

..... Bioware......god dam it
Master Blaster
Master Blaster
Geth Prime

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:46 am

Master Blaster wrote:
Actually the program is UNAWARE of the Reapers coming....which is even worse.

If that's true....

Then Master Blaster just pointed out the single most chilling and poignant aspect of the narrative to come.

I am horrified on at least two levels.

Also, zero plot resolution.
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:52 am

Master Blaster wrote: eventually create a reliable route between it and the Milky Way Galaxy.

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 26 K7JSBlO
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:59 am

I thought we weren't getting another Shepard. What's with all this talk of the protag being "special"?
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:41 am

My only real question here is why are they still hiding the faces of the antagonist aliens.  The only reason to do so at this point would be if it were a major spoiler.

EDIT: Ok, the only "logical" reason. It could also be that they have hideous clown noses.
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:52 am

ZerebusPrime wrote:My only real question here is why are they still hiding the faces of the antagonist aliens.  The only reason to do so at this point would be if it were a major spoiler.
SPECULATIONZ 4 EVERY1

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 26 VUtmh
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by TurianRebel212 Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:28 am

Rifneno wrote:(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 26 F0AoMPG

This to was my reaction lol.
TurianRebel212
TurianRebel212
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:59 am

the question i have is how the fuck does it take 600 years? how does 2.5million light years translate into 600 years? also how the fuck did they detect habitable planets in fucking andromeda? they seem to be both handwaving away the original trilogy and forgetting how vast the fucking milky way is as well as the vastness of space between galaxies.

why leave mac? what the fuck? also why not go to a galaxy that isnt going to be involved in a collision with the milky way?

dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by TurianRebel212 Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:08 am

Dorktainian, I think this is a full on reboot, so the original saga doesn't really matter much.
TurianRebel212
TurianRebel212
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:50 am

ZerebusPrime wrote:My only real question here is why are they still hiding the faces of the antagonist aliens.  The only reason to do so at this point would be if it were a major spoiler.

EDIT: Ok, the only "logical" reason.  It could also be that they have hideous clown noses.

That's what I thought about the original trailer. "Why hide the face of the N7 behind an opaque mask unless his identity was a spoiler?" Turns out he's just some random old fuck we've never met before with Mr Krab's voice. I think it's just an attempt to create an air of mystery around whatever bumpy-headed, conveniently humanoid, generic villains that they've cobbled together.

Edit: And as for them being unaware of the Reapers... That's actually worse than if they were knowingly escaping them. What kind of lunatic would sign up for a suicidal mission like that when the Milky Way is safe and largely unexplored, as far as they're concerned? And they apparently built this miraculous, galaxy hopping ship with no secrecy whatsoever in fucking Earth orbit. Why does every Alliance ship not now have discharge-free drives?
Eryri
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by jojon2se Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:27 am

Although not having read up: How about "powerful benefactors" for *their* part totally believing in the impending reaper invasion, and funneling and depleting public resources into the "growing in scope" project, whilst keeping the lid on, to save their own sorry asses, leaving the galaxy to burn?

Innumerable impossible things to keep secret, but hey. :P

jojon2se
Nemesis

Back to top Go down

Post by Jusseb Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:20 am

The fact that this 'initiative' is never mentioned by anyone in ME3 even Liara the all knowing Shadow Broker or TIM makes this even more lame. Even the Reapers would know about it and would just let them leave the Galaxy? The Galaxy that they are trying to purge from all life?

I can't even fathom the lazyness of EA or Bioware.
Jusseb
Jusseb
Geth Pyro

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:45 am

let's face it. This is just fucking retarded on so many levels... Hell even smud is asking questions we're all asking...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb9kY0YDl_Q

dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by Jusseb Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:04 am

Reading this on IGN;

"Creative Director Mac Walters also noted to Game Informer that though Andromeda kicks off with an entirely new focus and set of protagonists, the game is not necessarily the start of a new trilogy. "At the end of this, we want it to feel like a story was completed," Walters told GI."

What the fuck is that supposed to mean?
Jusseb
Jusseb
Geth Pyro

Back to top Go down

Post by triggerwarning Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:16 am

So when they've set up their intergalactic superhighway, and return to the Milky Way, will Bioware finally have to deal with the endings? It might be several games away, but that is the stated goal right? At some point Bioware has to deal with endings by virtue of the plot they're creating. I'm assuming they've dragged a QEC endpoint out there with them, right? In theory shouldn't they know what happened by the time they arrive? What idiotic hand waving will they use to ignore the Milky Way?

Lucky for Bioware it appears the Ark doesn't have to pass by the Reapers in dark space because i doubt they would be like "what are those?" and then shrug their giant metallic shoulders.

triggerwarning
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next