Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

+34
dorktainian
CSSteele
Master Blaster
Terramine
smash016
Ithurael
HYR 2.1
Norlond
Rifneno
DoomsdayDevice
TurianRebel212
Eryri
ericformans_sisterisdead
Maximus
ZerebusPrime
vlad78
southbeatz
Dwailing
clennon8
Jusseb
Steelcan
Raistlin Majere
MaximizedAction
demersel
WeAreHarbinger
jojon2se
ElSuperGecko
Criddle
invetro
ViolentSound
noobcannon
DaniSaur
symbowles
Valsamon
38 posters

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 8 Empty Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by vlad78 Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:59 pm

Rifneno wrote:
TurianRebel212 wrote:
Rifneno wrote:
TurianRebel212 wrote:Pretty much. I mean, Javik basically tells you that The Crucible was sabotaged by indoctrinated agents in his cycle. And yet we find the schematics of the fucking thing on Mars.... Just as the Reapers are invading and it just so happens that someone very closely associated With Commander Shepard found them...... I mean. Come on now, I mean one coincidence or a couple, alright. But this game has so many major things that just seem to somehow find Shepard. Somehow.

You know who told Liara about the Crucible?  Glyph.  That super advanced piece of technology that's designed to be used by anyone that finds it without understanding how it works.  You know, just like the Citadel and the mass relays.  ...  Or the Crucible.  Huh.  Reaper tech always seems to fit that concise little description.

I've never thought about that. Maybe that's how Cerberus really found Liara and the Shadow Broker Base. Glyph was communicating with his fellow Reaper drones, it actually makes sense, lol.

Well there's definitely no question that Cerberus has a yet unexplained but major leak in the SB's organization.

Scary door.
Or the Shadow Broker organization belonged to someone else before the former shadow broker was killed by the yagh.

Someone or something who also pulled the strings behind Cerberus.

Someone who would find it convenient to have Liara T'soni, an Asari, at the helm with a Drell backing her up. A drell a bit similar to Thane, the one who quoted Thomas Hobbes and worshipped a deity from the deep.

Someone or something who built the SB organization like a network, similar to the prothean beacon network, identical to the Rachni network, identical to the Thorian network...

Why honeycombs on the shadow broker ship, a ship using unknown tech, a ship older than the takeover by the yagh? Why honeycombs just like those used on the QEC? whereas there are no honeycombs inside the reaper in ME2?

vlad78
vlad78
Nemesis

Back to top Go down

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 8 Empty Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by DoomsdayDevice Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:14 pm

So, apparently Mass Effect is going to get backwards compatibility on the Xbone.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by TurianRebel212 Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:05 pm

vlad78 wrote:
Rifneno wrote:
TurianRebel212 wrote:
Rifneno wrote:
TurianRebel212 wrote:Pretty much. I mean, Javik basically tells you that The Crucible was sabotaged by indoctrinated agents in his cycle. And yet we find the schematics of the fucking thing on Mars.... Just as the Reapers are invading and it just so happens that someone very closely associated With Commander Shepard found them...... I mean. Come on now, I mean one coincidence or a couple, alright. But this game has so many major things that just seem to somehow find Shepard. Somehow.

You know who told Liara about the Crucible?  Glyph.  That super advanced piece of technology that's designed to be used by anyone that finds it without understanding how it works.  You know, just like the Citadel and the mass relays.  ...  Or the Crucible.  Huh.  Reaper tech always seems to fit that concise little description.

I've never thought about that. Maybe that's how Cerberus really found Liara and the Shadow Broker Base. Glyph was communicating with his fellow Reaper drones, it actually makes sense, lol.

Well there's definitely no question that Cerberus has a yet unexplained but major leak in the SB's organization.

Scary door.
Or the Shadow Broker organization belonged to someone else before the former shadow broker was killed by the yagh.

Someone who would find it convenient to have Liara T'soni, an Asari, at the helm with a Drell backing her up.  A drell a bit similar to Thane, the one who quoted Thomas Hobbes and worshipped a deity from the deep.

Someone or something who built the SB organization like a network, similar to the prothean beacon network, identical to the Rachni network, identical to the Thorian network...

Why honeycombs on the shadow broker ship, a ship using unknown tech, a ship older than the takeover by the yagh? Why honeycombs just like those used on the QEC? whereas there are no honeycombs inside the reaper in ME2?

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 8 Skip-Bayless-Looks-at-Camera-Shakes-Head
TurianRebel212
TurianRebel212
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:59 am

You know, I just thought of something.  This is a touch Scary Door, but...

In LotSB, we see a profile on TIM that looks like he wrote it himself.  It brags about all the women he's banging and how awesome his suits are, but no actual dirty secrets.  You know, those things the Shadow Broker literally deals in?  Most importantly: no name.  The biggest question everyone has.  Now it could just be that BW didn't want us to have their name, except they give us his name in a comic shortly afterwards.  Now why doesn't the Shadow Broker get to know "Jack Harper"?  Either we can accept that BW changed their minds on letting us know his name a few months after LotSB or there's some lore reason that the Shadow Broker is basically TIM's bitch.  Could it be another subtle hint that they both answer to the same master?  I know it seems a stretch, but remember that in ME1 gave us a license for the geth armory and it was actually a hint by the writers that there were friendly geth trying to support Shepard's campaign.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:20 am

a thught about Liar, I mean The Shadow Broker.

If she was so powerful why leave the Shadow Brokers sanctuary? Why travel with Shepard? Wouldn't she have been more use on the Shadow Broker vessel feeding intel back to Shep?

Why was she on mars? Why not get one of her lackys to do it?
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:26 am

dorktainian wrote:a thught about Liar, I mean The Shadow Broker.

If she was so powerful why leave the Shadow Brokers sanctuary? Why travel with Shepard?  Wouldn't she have been more use on the Shadow Broker vessel feeding intel back to Shep?

Why was she on mars?  Why not get one of her lackys to do it?
So you never actually conversed with her much on the Normandy in ME3 I take it?  Cerberus tracked her back to the mobile base.  It was lost in the battle.  It's okay though, all she really needs is that equipment she put in the XO office and glyph.  Which is a major reason I'm so suspicious of him.  That little drone is way too fucking powerful.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by jojon2se Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:19 am

Easy enough to forget these things, as time goes by.

As for myself... Now; I have not read the comics, but even so; I had somehow (couldn't tell where, rewatching early game cutscenes) picked up the notion that Liara's sifting through the Mars archives was 100% on Hackett's initiative - i.e. not just on his authorization, but with him approaching her and going: "Hey, you should look over here", which has since had me more than a little bit leery about him.
Only now do I learn differently - so much for long held beliefs. :P

jojon2se
Nemesis

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:19 am

Rif. Nope. Actually I see Liar as more of a creepy hinderence than a valuable member of the squad. In fact i'd rather have James Vega in my squad than her. As far as Cerberus destroying the Shadow Brokers ship, tbh didn't know but doesn't really change much as somehow by the miracle of plot and spacemagic she's on the Normandy with Glyph.....

As far as Hackett asking her to go to mars, why would he trust an asari with gathering information regarding the protheans? Why would anyone trust an asari?

It's like when you see an asari you see what they want you to see. For all we know Liar could be a multi tentacled lovecraftian horror.

dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:07 am

dorktainian wrote:Rif.  Nope.  Actually I see Liar as more of a creepy hinderence than a valuable member of the squad.  In fact i'd rather have James Vega in my squad than her.  As far as Cerberus destroying the Shadow Brokers ship, tbh didn't know but doesn't really change much as somehow by the miracle of plot and spacemagic she's on the Normandy with Glyph.....  

As far as Hackett asking her to go to mars, why would he trust an asari with gathering information regarding the protheans?  Why would anyone trust an asari?

It's like when you see an asari you see what they want you to see.  For all we know Liar could be a multi tentacled lovecraftian horror.

Steelcan's been handing out those Cerberus pamphlets again, hasn't he?
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by vlad78 Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:17 am

TurianRebel212 wrote:
vlad78 wrote:
Rifneno wrote:
TurianRebel212 wrote:
Rifneno wrote:

Scary door.

Someone who would find it convenient to have Liara T'soni, an Asari, at the helm with a Drell backing her up.  A drell a bit similar to Thane, the one who quoted Thomas Hobbes and worshipped a deity from the deep.

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 8 Skip-Bayless-Looks-at-Camera-Shakes-Head

lol
I'm sure you have a wonderful explanation about plotholes and reapers and of course everything else has to be irrelevant. clown
vlad78
vlad78
Nemesis

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:48 am

Rifneno wrote:
dorktainian wrote:Rif.  Nope.  Actually I see Liar as more of a creepy hinderence than a valuable member of the squad.  In fact i'd rather have James Vega in my squad than her.  As far as Cerberus destroying the Shadow Brokers ship, tbh didn't know but doesn't really change much as somehow by the miracle of plot and spacemagic she's on the Normandy with Glyph.....  

As far as Hackett asking her to go to mars, why would he trust an asari with gathering information regarding the protheans?  Why would anyone trust an asari?

It's like when you see an asari you see what they want you to see.  For all we know Liar could be a multi tentacled lovecraftian horror.

no, just saying the asari cannot be trusted, indeed anything that can manipulate other organisms like asari can should be approached with caution.

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 8 Decapitation1
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:42 pm

"Why would he trust an Asari with gathering information on the Protheans?"

Because she is a known associate of Shepard, an expert on Protheans (as far as one can be) having studied them for her whole life up to that point, which despite her being young by Asari standards is still longer than the average human lifespan.

So it comes down to giving a known Prothean expert, who is also a close friend of Shepard and helped save the galaxy, access to Prothean ruins on Mars so that she might help the existing team there find something, anything, that might help them against the Reapers.
Raistlin Majere
Raistlin Majere
N7

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:24 pm

Raistlin Majere wrote:

Because she is a known associate of Shepard, an expert on Protheans (as far as one can be) having studied them for her whole life up to that point, which despite her being young by Asari standards is still longer than the average human lifespan.

So it comes down to giving a known Prothean expert, who is also a close friend of Shepard and helped save the galaxy, access to Prothean ruins on Mars so that she might help the existing team there find something, anything, that might help them against the Reapers.

and is the shady shadow broker, and past associate of commander shepard.

Seriously why didn't hackett just send in the fleet to gether the intel? It's not like they were planning anything is it?

Oh well.. moot point i suppose.
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:00 pm

dorktainian wrote:
Rifneno wrote:

no, just saying the asari cannot be trusted, indeed anything that can manipulate other organisms like asari can should be approached with caution.

What the fuck are you even on about?
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:13 pm

Rifneno wrote:
dorktainian wrote:
Rifneno wrote:

What the fuck are you even on about?

Asari. Each race sees them differently don't they? What does a true Asari look like?

(pictures of hentai Liara do not apply)
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:34 pm

smh
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:34 pm

dorktainian wrote:
Asari.  Each race sees them differently don't they?  What does a true Asari look like?

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 8 Latest?cb=20130805130238
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:21 pm

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 8 Tt-cookie-monster-hed-2013_0
smash016
smash016
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:25 pm

dorktainian wrote:
Raistlin Majere wrote:

and is the shady shadow broker, and past associate of commander shepard.

Seriously why didn't hackett just send in the fleet to gether the intel?  It's not like they were planning anything is it?

Oh well.. moot point i suppose.

She helped save the Galaxy with her knowledge and possibly by putting herself directly in the line of fire, even if it seems to be running (bad if you ask me) gag that everyone knows Liara is the Shadow Broker.

And how would Hacket send a fleet to gather intel from the Prothean base on Mars? I doubt most professional soldiers have any real knowledge of the Protheans. Liara probably has more knowledge and experience than any human expert on the subject.
Raistlin Majere
Raistlin Majere
N7

Back to top Go down

Post by clennon8 Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:26 pm

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 8 Blue-people-1
clennon8
clennon8
Thorian Creeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:02 am

dorktainian wrote:Asari.  Each race sees them differently don't they?  What does a true Asari look like?

(pictures of hentai Liara do not apply)

What? ... You mean that conversation on Illium where a few drunken idiots all think asari look like their race? No, they're just a bunch of stupid drunks. Think about it, how many ways would asari really appearing differently to different people not work out? If one person is seeing a feature that simply isn't there for others (let's say horns for instance), it'd be caught pretty quickly in conversations. Or what about photographs and video footage? Any mental tricks they're using on organics wouldn't work for technologies like that, so pictures would always reveal them as they are. How about seeing them through long distance lenses, like binoculars or sniper rifle scopes? Even Reapers' mind tricks require you to be reasonably near them.

That conversation the drunks were having was more a commentary on their own psychology and how they focus on similarities rather than differences than it was about the actual asari. Everything they describe is a feature that we all see on asari, they just chose to focus on that feature.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:27 am

There is the possibility that asari passively 'meld' (in a way) with any other organic they're in the presence of, spreading perceptions that no organic mind really questions or pursues. Like to the point where even if differences would be figured out, the organic's mind is already 'touched' by the asari (becoming 'one') so they don't follow that train of thought.

Just possibility. I don't really go for it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:34 am

SwobyJ wrote:There is the possibility that asari passively 'meld' (in a way) with any other organic they're in the presence of, spreading perceptions that no organic mind really questions or pursues. Like to the point where even if differences would be figured out, the organic's mind is already 'touched' by the asari (becoming 'one') so they don't follow that train of thought.

Just possibility. I don't really go for it.

No. It's really not.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:36 am

Rif nailed it.  A person who'd never seen an Asari in person would interact with someone who had over a video or a photograph and then the jig would be up.  At most, an Asari has ways to make their existing form feel attractive to potential mates.  In terms of cross species features, potential mates simply see the similarities more accutely than the differences....   which makes me wonder what the hell a hanar sees.

EDIT: Oh right.  No eyes as we know them.  They sense bioluminescent flashes by means undescribed, IIRC.

Eh, the Hanar are probably all dead anyway. The Reapers could too easily invade their homeworld in-game and then the Krogan probably ate the survivors as field rations.  With cinnamon.
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by jojon2se Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:14 am

For that matter; the ME2 ambient conversation landscape, in particular, was absolutely brimming with tounge in cheek callouts to silly forum discussions, the bachelor party being a shining example -- I recall literally thinking: "Fan Service: The Game", whilst playing (EDIT: ...in between thinking: 'this is supposed to be the so called "dark" chapter??). :P

jojon2se
Nemesis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next