Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Inheritances: Consquence - Action Thread

+3
Hanako Ikezawa
MaximizedAction
Arian Dynas
7 posters

Page 9 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Inheritances: Consquence - Action Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Inheritances: Consquence - Action Thread

Post by Arian Dynas Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:37 am

In time, the conversation dies down naturally, the small group, sans it's pair of rugged individualists, eventually breaking apart for the night, bidding each other pleasant dreams and so forth.

The rest of the evening passes without event, and the sun rises the next morning to the scent of cooking meat issuing from the first floor.

-------------------
Anyone who wishes to investigate can do so, you're all currently in your beds, and can ready yourselves for the morning as you see fit; once anyone has chosen to make your way down to the kitchen to investigate, feel free to send me a PM and I will tell you what you see. You still can go anywhere you like in the keep, as before, though the doors to some rooms are still locked (see the previous updates on the subject to see which ones.) and if you wish to visit one in particular, send me a PM.

And, by popular request; a more extensive description of the inside of the keep; the floor and walls are primarily cut stone; white granite, to be specific, a sort of off-white stone common to the area, known for being very hard and durable. The stone itself has been worn smooth in most places, and, despite that fact, the walls themselves are well cared for, if a bit dirty.

Some areas feature parquet flooring, a series of lacquered wood panels, arranged in a pattern; most of these have been badly damaged by furniture, rude dinner guests, and insensitive knights. The walls are occasionally pierced by windows, which, are small, with glass, which, you are quite surprised to see is still there, each pane carefully cleaned and a few, spot repaired with lead and solder. Several of the windows are open to the elements entirely, and are large enough for a man to climb into or through, and would be a massive weakpoint, but for the heavy iron shutters they have, which close and lock from the inside.

There are no tapestries, those were sold off long ago, as were the carpets, which you can see still have the marks remaining from where they once laid. The doors are primarily thick, blonde oak, with intricate, geometric locks, designed by Dwarves.
Arian Dynas
Arian Dynas
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Inheritances: Consquence - Action Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Inheritances: Consquence - Action Thread

Post by Fur28 Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:56 pm

I woke up, surprised that I had fallen asleep at all. What wasn't surprising however was the empty bottle of brandy in my right hand. I still had my armor on, only my weapons laid down on the floor. Reason being that I didn't really prepare for bed, having just laid down there, drinking from my bottle at hand and staring at the roof, not thinking or anything, just staring until, it seems I felt asleep for exhaustion.

I jumped off from poor, put-upon bed, took my sword and shield and strapped then in place, I waltz out my room and straight to the kitchen. There I found Giacamo sitting, reading a book and drinking some king of dark, hot, bitter smelling drink from a pot.

Standing at the stove was Banchello, who was cooking bacon in a fry-pan, beside him was a pot of boiling water and a few loaves of bread were on the central counter.

Trying to grab a piece of bread I receive a crack in my hand with a wooden spoon from Banchello, I stare at him angrily while he explains how he won´t allow Aaron nor his retainers to debase themselves so as eat in the kitchen, whereupon he then points me to the next room where the dining table is.

Fur28
Commando

Back to top Go down

Post by estebanus Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:39 am

Troubled by painful memories, I wake up and decide that I won't be finding any more sleep at this point. I don my armor and weapons, and then decide to go down to the kitchen.

As I get down to the kitchen, I find John standing there, with Banchello glowering at him. As John leaves the room towards the dining table, I greet him.

"Good morning, Sir Hickman! Already getting food, I see!"
estebanus
estebanus
Cannibal

Back to top Go down

Post by Fur28 Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:45 am

I respond to his salute with an angry stare and continue my way to the dining hall.

Last edited by Fur28 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:57 am; edited 1 time in total

Fur28
Commando

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:53 am

I am awoken at the crack of dawn by Banchello. He informs that he needs to change the bandages and check on my injuries, then does so.

"Buono, Mistress Llan, I am finished. You no longer need the wrappings around your eyes and mouth anymore, but the rest will have to be covered for a little longer. Your ankle is doing better and the swelling has gone down, but the splint will remain on your leg for a while longer, I'm afraid. Just remember to not strain it too much, and you'll be fine." He pauses for a moment, looking towards my face, then continues. "However, your mask was unique, and I can't find another for you. I'm sorry - this was going to happen eventually; The others will be able to see everything."

He leaves to prepare breakfast and leaves me alone in my quarters to ponder what he said. The thought of being without my mask terrifies me for several reasons. It has served as both a face and shield to hide behind, and I felt naked and powerless without it.

After a while, I smell Banchello's handiwork and my stomach growled. Knowing that I need to eat, I shov the fear aside and get dressed. I then grab the staff Prince Aaron lent me, and I head towards the kitchen, hoping that I would be able to get in, eat, and leave without anyone noticing.

My prayer fell on deaf ears, however, when I saw that Sir Erik and Master John were already in the dining hall awaiting breakfast.
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:36 am

I silently appear in the dining hall, and sit at the other end of the room, initially unnoticed by the other occupants.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by estebanus Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:25 am

I notice that Llaan has entered the room, and for some reason, she's not wearing her mask.

"Llaan, you're... not wearing your mask anymore", I say, a little confused, "is it because of your injuries?"
estebanus
estebanus
Cannibal

Back to top Go down

Post by MaximizedAction Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:43 pm

I open my eyes, seeing the sun has risen long before I did. Knowing the effort to fall asleep with be bigger than simply getting up, I get out of bed.

'I've slept on better ones', my neck says.

I put on my robe and Gambeson. As I leave the guestroom, a delicious flavor enters my nose. I feel hypnotized, as if it was not me who was leading my legs towards the kitchen. However, I halt when I see figures sitting in the kitchen.

"This smells delicious, thank you and good morning!"

I say before heading to the others.

As I enter the room I see Sir Erik and John sitting at the dinning table, and just approaching it, facing me with their backs, are Ven and Llan. And as Llan is still relying very much on the balance of the staff, I feel instantly reminded that it has just been a night, and his ankle is still going to take its time.

I also feel instantly reminded of my friend Rodrigo, and I catch myself feeling bad for not going up to look to his well being, as, while I, the notorious long sleeper came down here, and he is still missing.

But I decide to wait for him to join us on his own for a bit.

"Good morning, gentlemen. How is everyone feeling after yesterday? But more importantly, how did yesterday even end, anyone remember?"
MaximizedAction
MaximizedAction
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by estebanus Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:57 pm

I smile as the prince enters.

"Good morning to you, my prince!" I say in a friendly tone, "and I feel just fine, thanks! As for the ending of last evening... as I recall it, we were all in Rodrigo's room, having a nice conversation. As time passed, the talking simply... died down, until we all said goodnight and returned to our respective rooms."
estebanus
estebanus
Cannibal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:01 pm

"Yes, Sir Erik, Banchello said that in order for my face to heal most efficiently, it should not be kept behind a stuffy mask."

Seeing the others filing in, I sneak over to a shadow-covered corner and try to remain as out of sight as possible.
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:07 pm

I glance over at Llan.
"What are you hiding for, girl?"
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by estebanus Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:08 pm

I look at Llaan a little confused. Hell of a way to simply brush a question aside.

"All right", I say, "but are you sure you want to eat alone back there? Why not sit here with your friends?"
estebanus
estebanus
Cannibal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:42 pm

Seeing as the truth has already been discovered by all in the room, I nod at Erik's offer to join them at the table. Slowly, I walk to it and sit just far enough away from the others as what can be considered polite.

Last edited by Selim Bradley on Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Fur28 Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:44 pm

I was sitting on a chair waiting for breakfast and upon seeing Llan sans mask, my only response is a raised eyebrow;

"Makes sense" I mutter.

Last edited by Fur28 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:45 am; edited 1 time in total

Fur28
Commando

Back to top Go down

Post by MaximizedAction Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:52 pm

'...girl'?

I hear Ven say?!

I try to look closer without actually staring...indeed!
MaximizedAction
MaximizedAction
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by estebanus Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:04 pm

"Hmm... It seems you've found yourself some suitors, Llaan!" I joke.
estebanus
estebanus
Cannibal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:23 am

Shocked by Erik's jest, I blush and stir in my seat. Thankfully I still wore bandages over my cheeks, so the blush went unnoticed.
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolioThane Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:10 am

I wake up still groggy from the sleep I had just interrupted. Despite the pain in my chest, I manage to get up and walk into the dining room. I see all the smiling faces and sit beside Llan.

Once looking upon him I noticed that he was in fact a she.

"Wow, Llan, you're...a girl?" I blurt out.
CoolioThane
CoolioThane
Space Cow

http://www.achievementhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:39 am

I look up at the latest to join us in confusion.
"You mean you didn't notice until now?"
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by estebanus Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:54 pm

I notice that Llaan is offended by my joke. I immediately try to rectify the situation.

"I'm sorry, Llaan. I didn't mean to offend you. 'Twas merely a joke.
estebanus
estebanus
Cannibal

Back to top Go down

Post by MaximizedAction Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:18 pm

I notice that for Llan the situation is likely very unpleasant, so I decide to intervene

"Truly a revelation I did not see coming.
I am really shocked by this; out of all the men here...

Rodrigo!"

I turn to him

"I thought you were the lady's man here and had noticed that long before! I mean, even I saw through her mask. What about you men?"

I ask in the hope that they will join me on this.
MaximizedAction
MaximizedAction
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:08 pm

"I didn't realise it was a secret."
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolioThane Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:12 pm

"I don't linger too long on physical appearance, Aaron." I say cheekily

"Llan treats me well, and I appreciate her for that. Now I know she's...a she it only makes me care for her more." I turn to Llan

"I hope you know I have to cook for you some time. It's in my nature to gift those that treat me well" I say with a charming smile
CoolioThane
CoolioThane
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:31 pm

"O-okay." I reply to Rodrigo's offer.

Internally though, I'm conflicted. On one hand, they seem very accepting of me, much more than I expected. On the other hand, I feel ashamed because apparently my attempt to disguise my identity was not as fool-proof as I originally figured it was.
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolioThane Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:39 pm

"You needn't if you so wish, Llan. You seem hesitant?"
CoolioThane
CoolioThane
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next